Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial > Madam Puddifoot's

R/Hr--A Very Short Courtship

Old September 17th, 2005, 7:09 pm
MuggleNet Editorial

R/Hr--A Very Short Courtship

Discussion for A Short Courtship by CJ Cowles.

Last edited by buygraphpaper; September 17th, 2005 at 7:26 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2005, 7:28 pm
First Year

I don't know about a marriage... but that would sweet... kind of weird, but sweet...

Old September 17th, 2005, 7:40 pm
First Year

oh my, that's very far-fetched. but i kind of like it.

the only thing i don't agree with is a joint wedding with Bill and Fleur. we already know that their wedding will take place early in book seven, and i think something as drastic as Ron and Hermione getting married is too much to take in within the first few chapters (if it does happen, that is).

Old September 17th, 2005, 7:43 pm
First Year

A very interesting theory, but I really don't think it will happen. I can see Ron and Hermione getting married towards the end of Book 7, but I highly doubt it will be at the beginning... (Maybe around the same time as Lupin and Tonks?

But a good theory, nonetheless.

be sorted @ nimbo.net

.proud to be a 'Puff.
Old September 17th, 2005, 7:44 pm
First Year

Maybe, but you're forgetting one little detail... hasn't Ron got to be of age too? They'll have to wait til March at least.

Old September 17th, 2005, 7:45 pm
Second Year

I don't think they'll get married...17 is too early...wait another year

Old September 17th, 2005, 7:48 pm
First Year

I definitely don't see a marriage for Hermione and Ron... They're just too young, aren't they? And I don't think that Hermione would be willing to leave her parents forever! I mean, they are her parents, she loves them! Besides, this whole war thing isn't only a threat to wizards, it affects muggles as well (see HBP, Chapter 1). I think that Hermione would want to protect her parents and in order to do so she can't just leave them and get married...

There is no doubt that they will be together and that they will support Harry in his search for the remaining horcruxes but I do not think that Hermione and Ron will marry in book seven... (though maybe in an epilogue)

Old September 17th, 2005, 7:59 pm
First Year

Since Hermione's birthday is in September, she was of age in the waizarding world for most of book six, and will be of age in the Muggle world for most of book seven. If book seven follows the same pattern as the first six books, she won't be eighteen at the very beginning, but she will be soon, so her parents will only have control over her for about two months in book seven--long enough for them to tell her she can't go back to Hogwarts, but once she's eighteen, in September, she will be able to go to back, and since class always starts on September 1, she won't have missed that much--less than a month anyway(I don't rember when her exact birthday is, just that it's in September). Of course, she would have to find some way to let McGonagall (or the new headmaster/mistress if it's not McGonagall) know that she'll be starting late, but that shouldn't be a problem for Hermione.

Old September 17th, 2005, 8:06 pm
First Year

As far-fetched as this idea is, I still like it. In times of war, people ARE known to elope and do slightly irrational things.

I think that Ron has matured, but don't know if he's matured THAT much. I don't think that Hermione would rush into it with at least deliberating SOME. I think Ron might propose very spur of the moment, maybe to end a silly fight. Yeah, I can actually picture Ron proposing just to end a fight. It would be a very amusing scene, I imagine.

But I think they will get married sooner rather than later. They are, in many ways, rather like Molly and Arthur: those two fight, but they obviously love one another. I can see R and Hr marrying young and having a "cute," if eccentric, family.

"R:I dreamt a dream tonight.
M:And so did I.
R:Well, what was yours?
M:That dreamers often lie." I:iv
Old September 17th, 2005, 8:09 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Icicle_
Maybe, but you're forgetting one little detail... hasn't Ron got to be of age too? They'll have to wait til March at least.
Ron is of age. Remember? He failed his first Apparation test. He'll have to make it up next Fall with Harry, when I'm sure they'll both do spectacularly.

Now, about the article. I really cannot see them getting married THAT quickly. I'm betting that will be one of those things in the epilogue...what happens after. The speed of their relationship progression will not allow that sort of exponential leap. It just isn't sound writing principle, for one. In more general terms, they aren't even officially going out yet at the end of six. It is inevitable, but not quite there yet. How do you go from not dating to married in less than a month (unless you're like a moviestar or something and you marry and divorce within two days or something). We know Rowling would like to insert some morality into her story, as she shows from lessons learned at various moments.

Also, the whole living arrangement thing would be rather odd for a children's story. Just, not going to happen. Sorry. Well argued, though. Good thinking.

As for Hermione's parents. Well, I really don't think they can do much. She is a witch, remember? If she had an argument with her parents, and stormed off, (which I do not wish on her) they really couldn't physically restrain her. Think of Harry when he is emotionally charged and his uncle and aunt. Harry shocked his uncle in OotP without meaning to. Now, I'm hoping they will accept her decisions, supportively, but you can never tell with parents.

Old September 17th, 2005, 8:12 pm
Second Year

No way. they cant get married in b7, too young.

Old September 17th, 2005, 8:17 pm
Sixth Year

Hermione will be 18 on September 19th. Ron turned 17 on March 1st. Remember, he came of age (in the wizarding world) in HBP. That's when he got the weird watch from his parents and ate the chocolate (containing the love potion) that was meant for Harry! So, Ron IS of age, and Hermione WILL BE of age (in the muggle world) shortly after the school term begins.

Old September 17th, 2005, 8:36 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Oh, this is such a lovely theory and one I would love to happen. Very much doubt it will though. I just really don't see these two getting married before the epilogue. However, a few of your points are interesting to note and I won't be 100% surprised if it does happen. Mrs. Weasley's comments are a huge foreshadowing if this does in fact occur.

Cheers

Old September 17th, 2005, 8:37 pm
First Year

good editorial, good speculation. It is certainly an option. I did wonder why Hermione's parents seemed happy with her being away so much.

I have supported R/H since book 3 so if you saw it from book 1 well done. What clues did you pick up in book 1?

Old September 17th, 2005, 8:39 pm
First Year

She has a good point. It would be interesting to them get married in book 7.

Old September 17th, 2005, 8:44 pm
Witherwings

R and Hr

I knew Bill and Fleur would be married as soon as I read book 4. (yet no one believed me ) Ron and Hermione married? I am 100% positive they will date, but marriage? maybe at the end.

Old September 17th, 2005, 8:45 pm
Fourth Year

That makes absolutely no sense. first of all they aren't even going out yet and just because "they are meant for eachother" doesn't mean that they will suddenly decide to get married. The only suggestive thing that happened at the end was Ron stroking Hermiones hair (and they were at a very sad funeral). But seriously, there are no married student couples at Hogwarts, it's just too wierd. Molly and Arthur eloped when they were eighteen, after Hogwarts. And I don't think that Hermiones parents would take away her wand, because she is almost an adult in their world too, and I don't think that her parents were in the dark at all (Hermione loves to talk, she wouldn't tell them that those murders were just "accidents", would she?). Its just not going to happen (unless JKR has gone nuts).

Old September 17th, 2005, 8:45 pm
First Year

I hope so, but it's not very likely.

R.I.P Sirius Black

Shipping
Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Old September 17th, 2005, 8:55 pm
First Year

I don't think they will be married while at school, but soon after they graduate, it seems likely. They need to establish some sort of emotional connection in the romance department-- they've been "only" best friends for a long time. But I think they'll get married eventually.

"R:I dreamt a dream tonight.
M:And so did I.
R:Well, what was yours?
M:That dreamers often lie." I:iv
Old September 17th, 2005, 9:00 pm
First Year

Maybe

Could happen, just not in the very beginning..........Towards the middle maybe?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial > Madam Puddifoot's