Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial

Letís Get Ready to Rumble!

Old August 16th, 2006, 11:21 pm
MuggleNet Editorial

Letís Get Ready to Rumble!

Discussion for Letís Get Ready to Rumble! by Heidi J.

You know who?
Avada Kedavra!
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:38 am
Second Year

Re: Letís Get Ready to Rumble!

Aren't editorials about posting your theories about HP and sometimes your opinion HP<->RealLife stuff like in the previous one?
This belongs in the FanFiction part of the site, if you ask me...

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:43 am
First Year

i agree with yamo...it was ok but it didn't really have to do with anything...plus i've never read lord of the rings.

Harry Potter- Dare to dream
Allie
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:59 am
First Year

An editorial on Mugglenet doesn't have to predict anything, or express an opinion from within the series. This editorial was fun to read, and it had some analysis of Voldemort's forces and personality, and how he would deal with another Dark figure to defeat. It certainly doesn't belong in fanfiction.It's an analysis, and it belongs in th editorials.

Well-written, by the way. I enjoyed it- it made me laugh. And I've never read Lord of the Rings, either, but it was still funny.

Old August 17th, 2006, 1:05 am
Second Year

Just finished reading LotR . I log on to Mugglenet and find out this editorial. What a coincidence! Awesome editorial! Really was fun to read. But you forgot one thing...Voldemort has an army of werewolves .( doesnt he? ) But Sauron is sooo old and obviously has more knowledge of dark arts than Voldemort. I believe Wormtail alone can fight those Orcs, they are so dumb. Again, great editorial.

Old August 17th, 2006, 1:18 am
Second Year

LOVE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!

I especially liked the last bit: "We'll just have to leave that to Harry and Frodo." Little good guys ROCK! Especially Frodo. No offense to the people on this site who, like, worship HP and hate anything else... but I like Frodo much better than Harry as a person. Frodo is so cute and hairy-footed and just... *squeeeee!* Love the editorial, and love the hobbits! I personally think Sauron cold squash Voldy like a bug, but that's just me.

The end is near.
July 21, 2007

Are YOU on the list?

My Book 7 Fanfic ~ Ron's brains ~ Clickie to see me! ~ PotterPuppetPals!!
92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.
Old August 17th, 2006, 2:02 am
First Year

I loved this editorial!!! Though I think that Sauron would completely kick Voldie's butt, it makes some really great points.

Old August 17th, 2006, 3:46 am
First Year

i think is very well written, you are very talented at wirteing, but i didnt find it funny or anything at all. I like your signature though

Old August 17th, 2006, 4:17 am
First Year

Well, Of course I think Sauron would win in a confrontation agaisnt Voldemort. Afterall, Sauron's immortal and in a superhuman form. And his ring gives him power to dominate all. Voldemort's just immortal and more powerful than most men.

Also, as to Snape killing Saruman, you have it all wrong. Snape couldn't possibly kill Saruman because Saruman's a Maiar. That puts him in the same league as Sauron-they're both immortal either way (I think Eru--the God of the Tolkien's world--must have decided that Saruman shouldn't stay in power, and that's why Gandalf eventually became the leader of the Istari and why Saruman eventually got killed like a man). So at any rate, you cannot kill a wizard in Tolkien's world unless Eru will allow it, which makes them so much more powerful than Harry Potter wizards. So Snape can't kill Saruman.

Fun read though.

Old August 17th, 2006, 4:42 am
First Year

I don't know if Dementors would prove effective against Sauron's forces (Especially the Nazgul.). We can't be too sure of what effect they'd have on non-human, evil beings like Orcs, and it's not so simple as to say they'd be able to suck out everyone's souls.
Keep in mind also that Sauron not only uses huge numbers, but he also utilizes artillery. Voldemort's group might find it easy to deal with those closest to them, but there are still volleys of arrows and who-knows-what-else being heaved at them from a distance. The Death Eaters could Apparate and disable the artillery with magic, but either way, they've still got quite a huge force on their hands. The giants could be a suitable distraction, but with enough arrows (And keeping in mind that Sauron has equally large, if not larger, creatures in his own armies.), they would fall soon enough.

As for Snape manipulating Saruman, I don't see that going so well. Snape's cunning, but Saruman is as well. Saruman's demise at the end of the trilogy was a simple one, though keeping in mind that Saruman wasn't expecting treachery, it works. With Snape, though, Saruman WOULD be expecting treachery, and he's not likely to take him in, let alone allow himself to be backstabbed (Or, in this case, Avada Kedavra'd from behind and blown off of the Orthanc tower. ).

I could go into more detail, but it'd take me forever.

Old August 17th, 2006, 5:50 am
First Year

This was a really interesting editorial, with some thoughtful insights into Voldemort's character. Personally, I also think that Sauron would defeat Voldy, just because he has so many more baddies. Werewolves, Inferi and Giants might compete with Orcs, but the Uruk-Hai are a bit tougher and less stupid. As for Saruman vs Snape, we know that Saruman met his downfall at the hands of betrayer who is forced to join him in his home/fortress, Wormtongue....Am I the only one seeing some parallels here?Could our least favourite Maurauder have something left to give to the good side?

Old August 17th, 2006, 8:56 am
First Year

Voldermort would win it. Only Harry can destroy Voldemort according to the prophecy, so Sauron wouldn't stand a chance. Even if he's immortal as others said, there must be a way for him to die. If his death depends on a prophecy too (and on Frodo), it's kind of useless to pit them together.

Old August 17th, 2006, 9:05 am
First Year

Yeah.. Weird but good.
I have to disagree with you on one point though... Saruman would've kicked Snape's but. I mean looked what he did with Gandalf. True the hobbits did in the end defeat him in battle but look what Frodo did to the ring... HOBBITS RULE

So does shikamaru

Old August 17th, 2006, 11:53 am
First Year

MacGyverMAgic:
Sauron would destory Voldemort, prophecy or not. With the one ring Sauron is Godly. He could just go "I Keel you" and blast Voldy off the planet.

On a different note, I fail to see how Voldy's army would baet the army of Mordor. How many AKs can you do before an orc lops your head off? How do you realize you have to be a woman to kill the Witch King before he lops your head off? And do you think that an Avada Kedavra would drop a mountain troll? I also can't see Snape defeating Sauruman, that is impossible. Sauruman was more powerful than Gandalf the Grey, and I don't see how Snape would defeat him. Also I am doubtful Sauron would turn to Sauruman for help.

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:14 pm
Banned

I liked this editorial because I love The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.
I msut admit I've read The Lord of the Rings at least 20 times whereas I've only read Harry Potter 2 or 3 times. I'd be hard pressed to decide who would win between Sauron and Voldemort but if pressed would have to go with Sauron for sheer numbers and wizrdry combined. But then again it depends when they took each other on and who and what available to them and what adversaries they both had to deal with aside from themselves. If Sauron still had to battle elves etc and Voldie's adversaries were just wizards perhaps Voldie would have less problems to deal with and therefore win. However if all Sauron had to deal with were men and hobbits and a few elves then maybe he would have the advantage.
May I suggest all those who haven't read The Lord of the Rings triology that they make an attempt and read it as it is a masterpiece and has been voted the most popular book in Australia with Pride and Prejudice second.
The Harry Potter books did feature strongly in the most poplular 100 and probably not many children voted so that would hav affected the vote. That said I know many children who read both stories and have enjoyed both in their own way. Start with The Hobbit and go on from there and I assure you your imagination will be inspired by both tales and you should enjoy both stories even though Harry Potter's story isn't finished yet.

Old August 17th, 2006, 1:14 pm
First Year

That was a great editorial. HP and LOTR rock! how about a Wormtail and Wormtongue duel?!?

Old August 17th, 2006, 3:44 pm
First Year

Well that's all well and good. But between Voldemort & Orochimaru, who would win?

Last edited by The Gray Lady; August 17th, 2006 at 10:19 pm.
Old August 17th, 2006, 5:47 pm
First Year

Comic relief at it's finest. Well done!

I'm not really into LOTR, but you did make several good points about Voldy's personality and vanity.

Now all you need to do is write JK and see what she thinks...

Old August 17th, 2006, 5:53 pm
First Year

Re: Let’s Get Ready to Rumble!

Really funny And I absolutely agree with that Snape could kill Sarumann easily, as some hobbits can with an arrow

Old August 17th, 2006, 6:12 pm
Second Year

I liked this editorial. Very entertaining. I agree with you on everything you said. Thumbs up!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial