Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial

Till Deathly Hallows Do Us Part

Old March 31st, 2007, 5:29 am
MuggleNet Editorial

Till Deathly Hallows Do Us Part

This is to discuss Till Deathly Hallows Do Us Part by Robbie Fischer.

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2007, 5:40 am
Third Year

Re: Till Deathly Hallows Do Us Part

As long as there is something to be gained by continued discussion and analysis, I expect many of us will be here. And even with the series completed, I imagine there will still be some pretty, unusual thinterpretations offered, which will in turn provoke interestring discussions. If this story really is a classic, there will always be something further to see, and say.

Old March 31st, 2007, 7:57 am
First Year

And I don't think there will be a hole. Harry Potter is a +, non a - ! I think it will be like passing a magical moment with people you didn't know before, and then everyone leave in the morning, and that's all. Life's like that, and that's why we enjoy it. One has to accept that everything has a beginning, and a end, that's what makes it complete. (What Voldemort doesn't understand hehehe). As a friend of mine used to say "the door, you open it, and then, you close it". Just like a book

Last edited by sfgilgalad; March 31st, 2007 at 8:00 am.
Old March 31st, 2007, 11:30 am
First Year

Another excellent editorial.

This is exactly how I feel about the end. I cant wait for it to come so I can get closure on the series, then come back to it at a later date, maybe read it to my kids and one day even grandchildren. Its the same with so many stories.

The thing is once a story is out there its there till the end of time.

Old March 31st, 2007, 12:00 pm
Inconceivable!

Thanks, Robbie for another great editorial. I am anxious for the series to end. The speculation has been fun, but the huge amount of time between books has led to "over-speculation" in some cases. I will miss looking for clues in the books. I read them over and over looking for hints to what may come. Once the last book is out, I will be reading the series over to see what the story was really saying. I don't know how much interest I will have once the tale is told. From what I have seen, though, people will continue to interpret the story in their own way.

There is a quote about a book being a mirror. You can only see in it what you see in yourself. I'm not sure how true that is, but the rich characters in these books give all of us something to see.

Old March 31st, 2007, 7:42 pm
First Year

I am a little bit sad that series ends because there will be no more new exciting adventures of Harry, but I will most certainly remain HP fan, and I will reread all the books over and over again and I will enjoy it. The speculations and the expectations of the titles, covers and than books are wonderful and exciting, but the feeling you have when you're waiting and guessing can not be the only reason for someone to become HP fan.
The main reason are the books and they are not going anywhere...

Old March 31st, 2007, 9:38 pm
Second Year

I know for one thing that I will re-read the entire series over and over again, probably my entire life and enjoy it. I feel sad because, after this... there will be no more HP-books. That doesn't mean that I can't enjoy what we already have, no I certainly can. But maybe even that's not true... has Jo ever explicitly told us that she won't write other books like Fantastic Beast& Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages? Or that Encyclopedia? Even though Harry's adventures will be over, there's a chance that we will get to know his world plus all sorts of inhabitants better.

But even if she wouldn't, I'm happy enough with what we have. There's not a page in the entire series that I can read without enjoying it, which is something I can't say of any other collected 3000 pages (or how many is it? depends on the language of course).

But indeed, imagine that this decade of HP could be only one of many more in the life of Joanne Rowling! I know for sure that she won't stop writing, even though it might take a while before she is certain enough that she thinks something is good enough to be published.

On this decade of HP... I am really happy to have grown up in this period. I'm 16 now, so actually, I've grown up together with Harry. I am very grateful to Jo for that, also for getting to know her (albeit from a distance), because she is a wonderful person.

The only thing I can say is that I hope that these books will exist forever.

Dare and feed it milk...?

Offering milk only annoys Knarls compared to spoiling... and you wouldn't want to know what an infuriated Knarl will do to you, now would you?
Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.

W.O.M.B.A.T. Grade 1: Outstanding
W.O.M.B.A.T. Grade 2: Exceeds Expectations..
W.O.M.B.A.T. Grade 3: Outstanding

Average: Outstanding!
Old March 31st, 2007, 11:52 pm
First Year

It's so great that we've been able to experience the speculation and anticipation up to this point, because, at least with HP, it's not something that will happen again. And we'll all move into a new phase after this, but I still think I'll be rereading these books years from now. I don't think this will end the fan experience. After all, JKR said that there would still be plenty of things to discuss even after the book comes out.

Old April 1st, 2007, 12:07 am
Second Year

Great points

Old April 1st, 2007, 6:05 am
First Year

Great Editorial.
This series has been a huge part in my life. LIke Hp Hedgehog, I am 16 and I have grown up with these books. Long Live Harry Potter!

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Dumbledore
Old April 1st, 2007, 8:43 am
First Year

This was a really good editorial, it's not like once the 7th book is released they will all dissappear, we can always read over.

Old April 1st, 2007, 1:26 pm
First Year

I'll still be fan of Harry potter years after the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie dvd is released

I'll still read Jo's books that aren't for 4 or 8 years olds, well that is until i have children, then i'll pass it all on !

Wand is a LAUREL WITH DRAGON CORE, ELEVEN AND A QUARTER INCHES, SURPRISINGLY SWISHY
Old April 1st, 2007, 5:31 pm
First Year

Now that we are coming to the end of this series, I ask for something that I'm sure is already being done...

...archive all of Mugglenet and, if possible, make it available to future readers in a clean chronological format.

In a real sense, Mugglenet is a part of the history of the Potter series of books! Future historians should know just how the world reacted to each new book as it arrived, how we theorized as to what coming next, how each theory got disproved -- except for the rare one that was predicted correctly!

Old April 1st, 2007, 5:57 pm
First Year

although for those of us who have experienced this series from the beginning (or almost the beginning) this site and the books will always have a special meaning that will not disappear with the coming of the last book or the last movie. For those of you who are yet to be parents - the books will become an opportunity to experience again the wonder of harry potter and for those those of us who have grown children it will be an opportunity to share this experience with our grandchildren. JKR has written a series which has touched us all, and it will no doubt outlast the seventh book. Like most of the posters I too will be re-reading the series after the seventh book is finished looking for those "hidden" clues and pearls of wisdom that will I am sure be obvious now that the series is at an end.

JKR a remarkable person, for only one remarkable could have written this series. And to the editorial writers and those who make MuggleNet a reality, a big "thank you"

Old April 1st, 2007, 10:12 pm
First Year

I think we should make a game : Everyone puts a message with his theories (crazy or not), and we see who was close, who was right, who was crazy, who was a seer... Just for fun

Old April 2nd, 2007, 3:23 am
Third Year

One other thing to consider.
With the series complete, it will finally be possible to produce an annotated collection. Any of you familiar with annotated works of people like Shakespeare, or even Lewis Carroll, understand that there is an awful lot yet to be written, by someone.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 5:13 am
First Year

It'll still be so hard to read that last book, though . . . it's such a big part of my life, I mean, I grew up with Harry.

And I don't even have the movies to look forward to . . . come this July, well. I hate to think about it.

She says there will still be plenty to debate about and speculate about . . . but no more books will be hard. No more anxiety?? No more of this kind of excitement?? How will I live??

P.S. to sfgilgalad: I believe that Charlie and Hagrid will die in the last book - Draco will be attacked by geese - Voldemort has Lily's wand, but Harry will get it back - Fawkes trusts Snape - R.A.B. is Amy Benson. Yeah . . . those are my theories! DON'T DOUBT ME!

*too Potter for the movies*

Last edited by Emmasj; April 2nd, 2007 at 5:19 am. Reason: That P.S.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 5:18 am
First Year

there are many many many other good books in the world to go on growing up with...

Last edited by sfgilgalad; April 2nd, 2007 at 5:23 am.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 8:01 pm
First Year

i was 12 years old when i read the first hp book, and now im gonna be 18 reading the last one.... yeah i'm really saddened by the fact that the series will end, but i'm also really thankful that i was born in a time period where i grew up with harry and got to enjoy all the midnight parties... kids in the future won't get to experience any of that

Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:19 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ori View Post
i was 12 years old when i read the first hp book, and now im gonna be 18 reading the last one.... yeah i'm really saddened by the fact that the series will end, but i'm also really thankful that i was born in a time period where i grew up with harry and got to enjoy all the midnight parties... kids in the future won't get to experience any of that
I agree. We'll be able to say that we lived in that time . . . we were the original fans. We remember the parties, the frustration, the debates; things that fans of the future will never get to experience.

*too Potter for the movies*
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial