Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

When will book 7 start?

Old July 11th, 2007, 1:42 pm
Sixth Year

Re: When will book 7 start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkspotWolf View Post
I thought he HAD to stay at Privet Drive until he turned 17? Or did I misunderstand the blood-protection thing?

Though you're right, a month would be a long time for him to be twiddling his thumbs...
I think he just has to return to prove that this is still "home". Establishing base for the spell.

But...if it's going to end when he turns seventeen anyway (a mere month)--why bother staying? So perhaps it's the intent to return that keeps him protected until he does.

I think it's just a plot device to get Harry back there once more, so he can gain some info from his aunt.

Happy Holidays to All!

Happy Christmas!
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2007, 1:47 pm
Second Year

Yeah, that makes more sense... you're right, hiding away for a month is probably not the best use to make of that particular protection.

I am looking forward to seeing what Petunia has to say, especially if it gives the book and the search for Horcruxes a flying start. Not that there's any reason for Petunia to know anything about Horcruxes... I think my brain's starting to spiral out of control. :P

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? - Groucho Marx
Old July 11th, 2007, 2:03 pm
First Year

I think it will be at the Burrow, just before the wedding. Then they'll go off to the Dursleys, but something will happen on the way. They'll finally get there just before Harry's bday. Then the horcrux hunt will begin....

Old July 11th, 2007, 3:45 pm
Second Year

I think this book will start with Harry being at the Dursleys. I dunno whether he can just call in and go or whether he has to stay until his birthday. Suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Old July 11th, 2007, 3:55 pm
First Year

he will just go to the Dursleys because Dumbledore told him to go once more before he turns 17 to continue the protection til then....i don't think he needs to stick around til his birthday....and if i read it right, the protection is gone on his bday....so basically he is only safe a couple more weeks in the plot timeline.......

IMHO, i dont think there will be too much wasted time in this last book....too much to cram into one year and 700 something pages....i cant understand why JKR would waste 2 weeks with him at the Dursleys.....

but i do like the idea that Petunia will say something...i hope so...this is the last chance she has to redeem herself in my eyes....i dont expect anything from Vernon or Dudley, but i do expect something better of Petunia.....

Old July 11th, 2007, 4:58 pm
Third Year

I'm sure it will start where all the other books have started...with Harry at the Dursley's.

Old July 11th, 2007, 5:08 pm
Third Year

It will start probaly after the funeral when they are on the train. I am still wondering is Ron and Hermione will actually go to the Dursleys' with Harry. Anway, I think he won't stay there the whole time. He might stay there for a week or 2 but will go to the Burrow after. I am very intrested on what Petunia has to say about it.

Vincent Van Gogh: Hold my hand, Doctor. Try to see what I see. We're so lucky we're still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It's not dark and black, without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blue and through the blueness and the blackness, the wind swirling through the air. And then shining, burning, bursting through through the stars. And you see how they throw their light. Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes.

The Doctor: I've seen many things, my friend, but you're right. Nothing... quite as wonderful as the things you see.
Old July 11th, 2007, 6:15 pm
First Year

He needs to be there at least for two weeks. That was how long he was there during HBP.

Old July 11th, 2007, 6:26 pm
First Year

why does he NEED to be there atleast 2 weeks? i think it just so happened to be 2 weeks in HBP only cuz DD was out 'killing the ring' and getting fixed up by Snape for his injured hand......

historically, the stays get shorter and shorter in each book, so not surprising if this is less than 2 weeks.....

Old July 11th, 2007, 6:27 pm
First Year

Sorry what I meant was at most two weeks.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies