Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

What is Harry's future career?

Old May 9th, 2007, 8:56 pm
First Year

Re: What is Harry's future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organized_Mind View Post
I was re-reading OotP, and Dobby makes a prediction that Harry Potter will become the Minister of Magic. After all, if he lives, he'll no longer be "The Boy Who Lived" but the "Man Who Lived."

BUT, don't forget, Harry's favorite thing in the world is being on his Firebolt. I think he'll be a pro Quidditch player, like Oliver Wood.
Wood's with puddlemere united reserves or something right? isn't that the equivalent of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runcorn_Linnets_F.C.
in quidditch standards? hehe, sorry i skipped a few pages and sorry if i offend any runcorn fans (not likely to find any on here xD)

Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2007, 7:28 pm
First Year

Quote:
Or maybe the DA will become the next Order of the Phoenix
I liked that idea. It would be really good, a sort of memory to Dumbledore. But Harry has never mentioned that he wants to be a pro-Quidditch player..

Old May 12th, 2007, 7:46 pm
Second Year

Most likely an Auror, it's what he really wants to do, isn't it? Hopefully, he, Ginny, and their kids will be happy with whatever they do =)

"It is important to fight, to fight again, and to keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated."
--Albus Dumbledore
Old May 12th, 2007, 9:06 pm
First Year

I have to agree, IF Harry survives he would strive to become an Auror. And true, as pointed out he may not like the MOM and how they have abused him verbally and then tried to manipulate him and get him to become their mascot.
But being an Auror is what Harry would thrive in and perhaps IF he survived and he became an Auror, it would be with the thinking that if he proves himself, in time he would be elected as Minister and could, therefore, greatly improve the operations of the MOM itself, and greatly benefit the magical community at large. I mean, he would make a very great Minister and having defeated Voldy in the past, would make him almost a cert for getting voted in for Minister. Fair and impartial, kind and a loving heart, not prejudiced, he would be great for such things as improving part-human and non-human creatures rights and freedoms. With Hermione shouting in his ear, he would be well placed as Minister, to accomplish things such as making it easier for were-wolves to get jobs, (ie, lupin), House Elf rights (ie, Hermione and S.P.E.W.), Giants more room to live in peace (Hagrid and Grawp), etc., the whole of the magical community would benefit. Or he could just push Hermione for Minister and keep working as an Auror.

Old June 10th, 2007, 4:51 am
First Year

IMO, I don't think Harry will need a job, with all the gold he has. And anyway, he has stated several times that likes a peaceful life.

I can also see Harry pulling a "Frodo". Let me elaborate:

In the LOTR books, Frodo and Sam get back to the shire, and kill saruman and wormtoungue, and then peace is restored to the Shire. Frodo soon becomes mayor and has a normal life. However, he soon feels discontent and emptiness, so he goes to the Grey Havens and leaves with the elves across the sea, never heard from again.

I think a similar thing might apply with Harry. Assuming he lives, after the defeat of VM, he might start to lead a normal, peaceful life. But he might soon feel an emptiness afterwards, sort of like how Dumbledore felt, with no one who can really understand him and what he went through. So he might end up even going to the extreme and stepping across the veil to be reunited with Sirus and/or his Parents.

Just a thought

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.

www.iqtest.com - My IQ: 142
Old June 10th, 2007, 12:22 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana View Post
A stay-at-home dad! He'll be great! While Ginny is playing for Scotland and can't be home too often.
The Weasleys are English so Ginny would be playing for England.

If JKR is saying that the person who becomes a teacher is not the one we would expect, to me that rules out Hermione. So, it might be Ron, or it might be Neville - I can see him having a happy life teaching Herbology, or it might be Ginny, who is a very powerful witch. I think Hermione would make a good minister for magic eventually.

I don't think any of the Hogwarts pupils are going to go straight into being the minister of magic - they're only going to be 17/18 and it's just too young. They could get junior posts within the ministry and work their way up, but I don't believe they could be minister straight away.

Maybe Draco will see the error of his ways and become the DADA teacher.

As for Harry, even if he becomes a quidditch player straight from school, that won't last him for ever. Quidditch players retire eventually. I'd like him to become an auror - nobody would be better qualified, or he could even be an auror trainer for the ministry - aurors have to go through more training after school, so maybe he could be the one doing the training.

But I have a suspicion that a lot of Harry's DADA talent comes not just from his parents and his innate abilities, but from the powers that Voldemort transferred to him when he tried to kill him, and I wonder if the powers will disappear when Voldemort dies.

Do not post "fug/fog" in the mistakes thread. Fug is not a mistake. It's a real word, and the publishers have confirmed it's the correct word.
Old June 10th, 2007, 1:25 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroman View Post
Assuming he lives, after the defeat of VM, he might start to lead a normal, peaceful life. But he might soon feel an emptiness afterwards, sort of like how Dumbledore felt, with no one who can really understand him and what he went through. So he might end up even going to the extreme and stepping across the veil to be reunited with Sirus and/or his Parents.

Just a thought
Ohh that's a very bleak and upsetting theory for the ending. What about Ginny? I don't know how far into the future the epilogue for DH will go, but if he does step across the veil it wouldn't be till he was old in my opinion, and those he had loved were gone. However, I would rather this theory never occurs and we simply see Harry in the future loving life with Ginny.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Emma Watson

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old June 10th, 2007, 5:26 pm
First Year

To me, it seems quite obvious that Harry will become an Auror (if he lives, that is). He has exceptional natural power and all he needs are the skills and experience, which would make him nearly unbeatable in a duel. Yes, he might play Quidditch 'on the side' and he might be damn good, perhaps even in the national squad, but it will never be his main job - I think that he would prefer something far more hands-on.

Yes, he's had loads of help in the passed, but let's not take away from what he has done

*Been able to throw off the Imperius Curse
*Had numerous duels with powerful Death Eaters and beaten them (knowing only basic spells)
*Shown a great aptitude for being able to quickly learn advanced and basic magic to very impressive degrees
*'Out-willed' Lord Voldemort in the battle of the golden bead
*Resisted possession by Lord Voldemort

In my opinion, although Harry will never be able to conceal his emotions, he will still make a fantastic Auror if he can remain emotionally neutral towards his targets. It's what he was born to do - surely?

Old June 10th, 2007, 6:05 pm
Second Year

I want him to be an Auror.

The only problem that I have with him being an Auror is harry is famous and should he survive He will be even more famous. This means he will not be able to go undercover, People will know he is in the vicinity when he tries to arrest an suspect and the suspect can escape before he(Harry) has even sighted the suspect.

Old June 12th, 2007, 9:05 am
First Year

I see him as DADA or Headmaster.

Old June 12th, 2007, 11:01 am
First Year

I actually find it hard to believe that Harry will want to work for the ministry after all, seeing all it's done to discredit him and DD.
Yes, he has said he wants to be an auror, but I don't think he will return to Hogwarts for the final year anyway, so the choice is kind of made for him (I don't think he will be able to become an auror after skipping year 7 of hogwarts, even when he kills LV)

I think he will become a teacher at Hogwarts, DADA surely. Even if he is young. That would be a good "safe-haven" for him, he could be safe and teach at day and go out and hunt Bellatrix (and possibly Snape) at night
Kind of like DDs horcrux hunt in book 6. But a reason against teaching is Harry's relationship with Ginny. They might want to marry and start a family, but that would be impossible for a Hogwarts teacher.. That is if they ever get back together (which I think they will)

Maybe he could be a quidditch player eventually. That would probably be after ever DE is dead or locked up... I think Harry would enjoy that.

Old June 13th, 2007, 1:09 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by thru_n_thru View Post
I think it's most probable... that Harry will not reconcile with the ministry. He's seen the ministry's treatment of Dumbledore, he's endured their treatment of him (and desire to use him) as a tool to manipulate public opinion, and he's seen the ministry place more importance on appearances than truth and real accomplishments with regard to the pending war with LV... and he's seen this with two Ministers now. I just can't see Harry wanting to work for them in any capacity, as he'd always know that the ministry would view him as a valuable public rellations tool to be used whenever they needed a boost, one way or another.

Maybe Harry will want to retire from the public eye and quietly write books on DADA and dark wizard psychology, with hermione's help as editor and publisher.

Or more likely he'll be a bounty hunter for the wizarding world.
I'm re-reading OOTP, and a sentence stuck out to me like a sore thumb and got me thinking about this thread / post...

in chapter 26 "Seen and Unforeseen", after Harry's Quibbler interview is banned by Umbridge, some of the professors are subtely making it known to Harry that they believe and support him. What stuck out to me is how professor Trelawney expressed her support for Harry... by saying
Quote:
"Harry was NOT going to suffer an early death after all, but would lie to a ripe old age, become Minister of Magic, and have twelve children."
LOL

This got me thinking... maybe Harry WILL become Minister of Magic! Maybe the bitterness he feels about the MOM will translate into a burning desire to change MOM policy regarding public relations, to make it truly about public service and not politics and popularity and elections. Maybe he'll be the youngest, most loved, and longest running Minister in history, out of sheer popularity based on trust and good faith and his own humbleness... he'll be the Sam Gamgee of the series in this regard, and the wizarding world will be his Shire!!

Sorry to anyone else who already predicted this... I haven't had time to read a lot of threads lately!

"Even if I could, I wouldn't.
Scars can come in handy."

Sorcerer's Stone, chapter 1
Old June 13th, 2007, 3:58 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Well hoping that he survives the final battle i think that he should be able to play quidditch. I think after defeating Voldemort he wont want to be a Auror we know harry dosent like the govt at the moment. He will want to do something thats much better then that. Or he might just try and live a quiet life he would definalty deserve it.

Elizebeth: Barbosa marry us.
(best movie scene ever!)

"

Will Turner: "It depends on the one day.
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:40 pm
Third Year

"There is no good and evil. There is only power and those too weak to seek it!"

I think he'll be a kind of freelance journalist, going after those (mostly in the Ministry) who subvert the public good to seek power. Harry's main act after Voldemort's defeated will be to take down Scrimgeour like Dumbledore did Fudge.

Old July 11th, 2007, 10:41 pm
First Year

Quiditch playa no doubt
because after LV dies there wont be much for an auror to do

or he will become a teacher of dada

~Dumbledore

Old July 11th, 2007, 10:45 pm
First Year

auror he does not fear the unkown i dont think and does not back down from a fight and is always willing to put his life on the line for what is right

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy"

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated."

"Itís the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more."

"Voldemort himself created his own worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress?"
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:45 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakoozie View Post
But a reason against teaching is Harry's relationship with Ginny. They might want to marry and start a family, but that would be impossible for a Hogwarts teacher.. That is if they ever get back together (which I think they will)
i doubt that that would stop them

i remeber that jk said that of the teachers at hogwarts, some have a family

if someone could find some proof to this, i remeber reading it somewhere, maybe it was mugglenet.

~Dumbledore

Old July 12th, 2007, 6:54 am
Fifth Year

I think he might decide to be an Auror for a while until all the dark wizards are controlled, and then afterwards he might choose to be a teacher at Hogwarts. Though, I don't think we will ever know for sure...

Here lies Dobby, a free elf.

"That wand's more trouble than it's worth, and quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
Old July 12th, 2007, 7:07 am
First Year

I don't think Harry really needs to complete his schoolwork to be an Auror. He has faced so much, I mean, he's actually had real-life experience about being an Auror, and that too when he was so young.
Personally, I think being an Auror would be perfect for Harry! But he could even be a DADA teacher at Hogwarts. We all saw his teaching talents during the DA days!

Other than this, he could be an international quidditch player!

Old July 12th, 2007, 9:19 am
First Year

I still think he'll be a broomstick tester.

One of my reasons for him becoming a broomstick tester was the opinion that he doesn't like being famous. The more I think about it though, I think he'd love the fame that came with being a world-famous quidditch player. It seems to me he's always resented the fact that he gets so much attention because of a fame that was bestowed upon him. He never seems to mind garnering attention for things he feels he worked hard to accomplish. He's modest about it, but he enjoys it just the same. He doesn't mind being the star of the Gryffindor team; I think he appreciates that he gets recognized for something other than not dying.

So he'll be a professional quidditch player and then he'll be a broomstick tester (and endorser $$$ in galleons, of course) after he retires. That way he can spend loads of time with his family but still have a little excitement in his life.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies