Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Bellatrix, the Traitor?

Old July 10th, 2007, 8:06 pm
Third Year

Re: Bellatrix, the Traitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdrilLuthien View Post
Just like you said, Voldemort is her whole world.

Can you imagine what she'd do if he really ticked her off or pushed her away? I'd want to be several continents away if that happened.
but as i keep saying who would trust her or the information that she gives them it is a pretty pointless tratior if no one listens to them. Everyone would just think she is setting them up for a trap, so i dont see her being a tratior.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2007, 8:09 pm
Second Year

i dont think bella could be the traitor she would rather die only way i could see it happening is if she was under the imperius curse the whole time

i love it!
Old July 10th, 2007, 8:12 pm
First Year

Amazing siggy pic, MrsWeasley

When I said she'd betray him, I mean she'd do as she's told, but first time Voldy meets some Aurors or Order members, she attacks him. She isn't the sneaky kind, she's the "you infuriated me so now I blast you" kind.

Unsung Hero: The Half-Blood Prince

Hello, my name is Elizabeth. You spoiled Deathly Hallows. Prepare to DIE!

Warning: I know many medieval and chinese torture methods. Please, don't spoil. I hate having to clean up all the blood afterwards.

On the Edge

Gryffindor, or Slytherin?
Old July 11th, 2007, 8:28 am
First Year

I don't believe she will betray LV. But I think she will do anything in her power to get rid of snape. She see's him as her replacement. She obviously doesn't trust him possibly with good reason. She would gladly hand over her sister if she thought that would get her back in LV's good graces

Old July 11th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdrilLuthien View Post
The only way I could see Bellatrix turning traitor would be if she fell in love with Voldemort and he scorned her.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

And Bellatrix is pretty nasty usually.

I thought that same thing when I started reading this thread. She's certainly obsessed with him - we really haven't seen any close interaction between Bella and Rodolphus. And I think that because love is such an alien thing to Voldemort, he asks his followers for loyalty to him above loyalty to family. And she's insane - but unfortunately, not insane in a "drooling in a fetal position and babbling incoherently" way. She's capable of rational thought, and of plotting and planning. She - like Voldemort - is more of a sociopath, completely lacking a conscience, a moral center to say "this is wrong." But if she loves him, and tells him she loves him, I think he would scorn her - he would see that as a weakness. He wants her loyalty and submission, but not love. And I think she would certainly turn on him in some way if that happened - I don't think she'd run to the order, but I think she would turn her back on him right when he really could use something from her.

Old July 25th, 2007, 7:27 pm
Fifth Year

I think it's quite possible that Bellatrix could turn on LV, when she finds out that's he's a halfblood . The deatheaters (except maybe Snape) all seem to be under the impression that LV is a pureblood, when he's not. If that revelation should get out, you know what will hit the fan !

Old July 25th, 2007, 7:35 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaMcGonagal View Post
But if she loves him, and tells him she loves him, I think he would scorn her - he would see that as a weakness. He wants her loyalty and submission, but not love.
This reminds me of Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson. . . I think Voldemort knows how Bellatrix feels about him, and he uses it. He knows that she is the only Death Eater who really cares about him, and he knows that he can use that.
I'm sure that Voldemort is inwardly repulsed by Bellatrix's feelings for him. He cannot (I believe) feel love, and I think he's not human enough to feel lust.

Dumbledore's Man Through and Through

Once a Vodemort-lovin', half-blood hatin' Death Eater, always a Voldemort-lovin',
half-blood hatin' Death Eater
Old July 29th, 2007, 1:41 am
Third Year

Why would Bellatrix betray Voldemort, she is completely insane, loves torturing people (don't forget the Longbottom's), enjoys killing, would probably marry Voldemort if she could, and seems perfectly content wallowing at his feet and kissing his arm whenever she can. Betrayal doesn't seem taht likely in my opinion........

Old July 29th, 2007, 1:44 am
Second Year

I can't see her betraying him. TBH, I've always thought she has a crush on Voldemort.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies