Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Draco join the "good" side? v2

Old July 4th, 2007, 2:25 am
Arithmancer

Re: Will Draco join the "good" side? v2

I believe that Draco falls in between good and bad as well. Evil isn't a word I would use to describe Draco. Evil is a strong word. Voldemort is Evil, Draco no.
I believe he is selfish, arrogant, and vicious but a good indication that he does hold a certain amount of morality and goodness shows throughout the HBP book. The fact that he was weeping in the bathroom, he failed at getting those items to Dumbledore in the hopes of killing him (halfhearted attempts I believe) and he couldn't kill Dumbledore.

I believe there is definitely hope for Draco and I believe he may show up on the good side. Or he may fall in between in the last book, during and after the battle. That is if he does indeed survive.

Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2007, 4:52 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunnedtina View Post
I believe that Draco falls in between good and bad as well. Evil isn't a word I would use to describe Draco. Evil is a strong word. Voldemort is Evil, Draco no.
I believe he is selfish, arrogant, and vicious but a good indication that he does hold a certain amount of morality and goodness shows throughout the HBP book. The fact that he was weeping in the bathroom, he failed at getting those items to Dumbledore in the hopes of killing him (halfhearted attempts I believe) and he couldn't kill Dumbledore.

I believe there is definitely hope for Draco and I believe he may show up on the good side. Or he may fall in between in the last book, during and after the battle. That is if he does indeed survive.
Yes, definitely...After all, everything that Draco has done to Harry, none of it was truly evil. He is arrogant, selfish, and a bully, but as far as being truly corrupted and evil, no I don't think so.

I think that after his father was taken to Azkaban, and he saw what Voldemort was truly capable of doing...to him and his family, that he realized that maybe he was capable of being more. Maybe just maybe he learned something from all of that.

If nothing else he learned that when it comes to Voldemort, you serve him, he is not your protector and he is definitely not your friend. So Draco has had to make some selfish decisions but he has also had to face the reality of what is truly important to him...his family.

This makes him a very flawed character, but one who truly has something good left in him. After all he does have the ability to love...

Old July 7th, 2007, 12:18 am
Secret Keeper

i agree with lunanneville

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old July 7th, 2007, 4:34 pm
First Year

Draco is still just a kid, he's mixed up, but he can change. I don't think he's ever been evil. Whenever I think of Draco, I think of the first time he and Harry met;
Draco: Hello, Hogwarts too?
He then goes on to talk quite openly about everything he's concerned about the coming school year, granted, Harry doesn't like some of the stuff Draco says about muggle borns and Hagrid, but that's really Draco's parents fault. That doesn't sound like a dark wizard, it just sounds like a frightened little boy trying to sound brave, and I don't think Draco has changed much since then.

Old July 12th, 2007, 6:52 am
First Year

i belive that draco is more scared of voldi than acually wanting to serve him in the sixth book. he put his wand down!but then there goes snape wrecking everything.

i'm gryffindor!

Last edited by potterlvr6406; July 12th, 2007 at 6:55 am.
Old July 12th, 2007, 7:05 am
Fifth Year

I think that Draco was seriously considering getting help from Dumbledore, but now that Dumbledore is dead, he might feel that he has no chance to live if he betrays Voldemort.

Here lies Dobby, a free elf.

"That wand's more trouble than it's worth, and quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
Old July 29th, 2007, 1:45 am
Third Year

I don't think Draco's going to join the good side and become Harry's best friend and godparent to his kids or anything but I don't think Draco has what it takes to be purely evil. He's too much of a coward to take either side and so I think he's just going to end up fading into the background, pushed around by both sides and then just wallowing in his own self pity. Draco doesn't seem like the kind who would be able to commit to and "side".

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies