Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Percy Ignatius Weasley -- where to now? v2

Old June 11th, 2007, 5:31 pm
Second Year

Re: Percy Ignatius Weasley -- where to now? v2

It was made clear in the last book from the Christmas chapter that the Weasleys aren't quite ready to forgive Percy. He is too proud to offer a complete apology, and I think that is ultimately his flaw.

If, however, he manages to apologie at some time (will he be at the wedding), we know that Mrs. Weasley will be ready to accept him back. He could provide an ally; personally, I hope that he is redeemed in the end, but if he isn't, his usefulness in the books is pretty much gone.

Old June 11th, 2007, 8:46 pm
First Year

I woul dlike to see him with some super powers and he joins the order and hunts down death eaters

Old June 12th, 2007, 12:48 am
Second Year

Percy is the worlds biggest git. He's in the same league with Umbridge. The world isn't split up into "good" people and "bad" people. Too many "good" people will do whatever it takes to see their beliefs justified. Just look at Umbridge and the lengths she was willing to go to because she thought she was right. Percy's arrogance in his lust for power makes him a target for the other side. He's so convinced that the ministry is right about the lack of death eaters that he is easy prey when he meets one. Percy gets blasted by his own brother after he fails to assassinate Harry while under an imperius curse. Umbridge is savaged by Greyback when she frees him as part of an attempt to try and make Harry look bad again. She becomes the very half-human she so despises.

Where the magic began
Old June 12th, 2007, 5:57 am
Fourth Year

Here's a pic I found of Percy from the latest OOTP movie -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rmione/pic.jpg

Seems to me they are going to play up evil Percy in this film, as it looks from this that he is involved in the Umbridge take over of Hogwarts instead of being pushed to the background like he is in the book version. Does anyone think that the reason they are including him in OOTP is that he does have a bigger role to play in the final book ? I mean, they cut him out completely in GOF in which had a strong Percy presence, yet bothered to bring him back in OOTP in which he is kept in the background ( in the book at least ) and not mentioned that much.

Old June 12th, 2007, 6:16 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

If Percy has a big role in the last book the actor is as-of-yet unawares. The actor who plays Percy said he doesn't know what Percy's fate will be in an interview (Mugglenet linked to it a while back).

Percy's not likeable; yes, but I think his actions are a bit more understandable if we look at things from his point of view. And, looking forward, JK has positioned him in perfect position to act at the ministry...

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:45 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris23 View Post
Does anyone think that the reason they are including him in OOTP is that he does have a bigger role to play in the final book ?
Its possible. Some people think that he will take the place of "Bill" in the HBP movie. I don't buy into it, but it has be discussed on another thread. I more a long the lines think that he will have some role in DH. But, for the movie at least it looks like he is going to be Umbridge's right hand mand instead of Crouches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chparadise View Post
Percy's not likeable; yes, but I think his actions are a bit more understandable if we look at things from his point of view. And, looking forward, JK has positioned him in perfect position to act at the ministry...
I would love to see Percy redeem himself as well in the next book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caralynne View Post
It was made clear in the last book from the Christmas chapter that the Weasleys aren't quite ready to forgive Percy. He is too proud to offer a complete apology, and I think that is ultimately his flaw.
I agree with this too. I think for him to be redeemed in his families eyes (except Mrs. Weasley) he would have to admitt he was wrong and apologize. Yet, I kind of see him sacrificing himself at the last moment for a member of his family... (maybe the twins).

Quote:
If, however, he manages to apologie at some time (will he be at the wedding),
Somehow, I don't think so

Quote:
personally, I hope that he is redeemed in the end, but if he isn't, his usefulness in the books is pretty much gone.

Old June 13th, 2007, 6:07 am
Third Year

Personally, I hope to see Percy hit by the Hogwarts Express and perhaps eaten by a hungry Skrewt......

However, I don't see Percy apologizing anytime soon to his family. Like someone said, he is far too proud for that. It will take a major change in him to apologize.

Old June 13th, 2007, 9:42 pm
Fifth Year

I agree that it would take a major change to make Percy apologize. But I could see this happening. I think that if a member of his familly died, a sibling or a parent, that he would apologize then. I don't see him going through something like that still not talking to the family. I know that he is a prat, but he is still a Weasley.

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old June 14th, 2007, 12:21 pm
Fourth Year

To be honest, I think that the family may be moved to be the ones to take the first step in reconciling with the prodigal son if Molly becomes ill or is obviously becoming too stressed about the family not being together. To me Molly is the key to the Weasley family reuniting, as she is the only one who truly 'gets' the black sheep of Percy and has so far been the only one to stand up for him, while the others more or less could not care less. If something were to happen to Molly, I believe Ginny or Ron would be compelled to seek out their brother and try to persuade him to bury the hatchet and come home, if only for their mother's sake.
Another alternative is that Percy tries to sneak in the Burrow to either drop off a wedding gift for Bill or to watch the proceedings from afar, but instead of getting away before being seeing after the ceremony is ambushed by his family and sort of made to have a sort of intervention before he is able to aparate out of the area. I picture maybe Bill or Fleur spotting Percy off in the distance watching, and before Percy could make his getaway the other siblings and their parents stun him and take him into the Burrow where all of them proceed to have a little 'family intervention' as it were.

Last edited by Solaris23; June 14th, 2007 at 12:23 pm.
Old July 10th, 2007, 8:35 pm
First Year

Percy is a Prat - or is he?

I've been wondering about Percy for some time, and I can't help but wonder if he will be of some importance to DH.

Although I know that he has the tendency to take himself waaaaay to seriously, he's usually just pompous - not cruel. It's highly unusual for a family as tightly-knit as the Weasley's to have one kid that turns out cruel, and Percy's treatment of his parents - especially Molly - is downright hateful. There's also NOTHING courageous about his behavior (and the Sorting Hat is pretty good at getting people into the right house).

His behavior in HBP is like an exaggerated version of himself, so I'm wondering if he is a victim of the imperious curse. He seems to fit the pattern, and JKR hasn't really played that particular card yet.

JKR is so good at leaving little "caches" of information that pay off nicely in later books, and she also loves to set up things that look like they're one thing and then turn out to be another.

I was thinking that if Percy were under the IC, then he'd be a great source for LV & Co. to get information from (thereby endangering HP and the rest of the good guys). And he'd be set up to help our heroes once they got him free of the IC (if that's possible). It would also require a great deal of courage on Percy's part to do this.

Or he could end up being one of the goners - which really wouldn't matter too much to us UNLESS he is allowed to redeem himself first or is found to be under the IC.

I'm not married to this theory, but I'm wondering what people think about it.

I know there is a very old thread (last post was over three years ago!) dealing with Percy possibly being under the IC, but I'm posting here because this board is supposed to be about predictions for DH, and nobody seems to have touched this idea here.

Old July 10th, 2007, 8:41 pm
MODLY CREW

Re: Percy is a Prat - or is he?

You may also be interested in Is Percy just misunderstood? and There's going to be a Traitor... v.3

Old July 12th, 2007, 2:09 am
First Year

Aha! So here is where I need to make my post! (Thank you to whomever directed it to the proper place.)

Old July 12th, 2007, 2:12 am
Secret Keeper

he is a git, he should just rot in the ministry, i'm sure you have figured out by now that I have very strong feelings about him.

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old July 12th, 2007, 2:55 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywitch View Post
he is a git, he should just rot in the ministry, i'm sure you have figured out by now that I have very strong feelings about him.
Yeah, your feelings are kinda clear . On the other hand, I think his position at the MoM is a good one to help the trio or quattro (+ ginny) with the horcrux hunt in some way. He's in better position than his dad, anyways. I hold out hope for his redemption in DH .

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Old July 29th, 2007, 2:55 am
Third Year

I think that PErcy will redeem himself. He's really not that bad when you think about it. He was in with people who were experts at brainwhashing and manipulating, and he was just another ambitious teen who fell into their clutches unawares. I think Percy knows deep down inside that his loyalties lie more with his family then the ministry.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies