Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Live Chat with JKR

Old August 1st, 2007, 10:25 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Live Chat with JKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJkeep View Post
Why NOT? Because it's irrelavant to anything in the HP in every way. We don't need to know about Broom Stores- what good would that do anyone? I have a feeling she is only going to address the main plots and not all that rubbish that doesn't matter one bit.
Why should the encyclopedia address main plots? The books already address the main plots. I suspect it should be like the other two books (Quidditch Through The Ages and Fantastic Beasts), or she might as well just write Harry Potter Book 8. The story is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppa View Post
Snape's Patronus is a Doe, BrianWeasley, not a bat.
He was talking about Snape's Animagus form, not his Patronus. Though I don't think Snape's Animagus form is a bat either, I think she just described him as looking like that because of the billowing, black robes. If he had changed into Animagus form, they wouldn't have commented that he learned to fly from Voldemort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AptPupil View Post
Sorry to sound negative, but I didn't enjoy the live chat.

Too much of it was her explaining things that weren't clear in the books.

I wanted to see her answer questions about her "experience", how she thought she grew as a writer and how she thought the series grew in general. Too much of it was technical stuff.
I was glad it wasn't mostly about her experience and what she felt. She can talk about that stuff on her website. I thought the live chat was good because it showed her what questions her fans are interested in.

Old August 1st, 2007, 10:49 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AptPupil View Post
Sorry to sound negative, but I didn't enjoy the live chat.

Too much of it was her explaining things that weren't clear in the books.

I wanted to see her answer questions about her "experience", how she thought she grew as a writer and how she thought the series grew in general. Too much of it was technical stuff.
really??
im the complete opposite
i hate when people ask questions about her "Experience" and stuff when they could be asking good questions about the books

Old August 1st, 2007, 10:56 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcruxhairy View Post
I'm not sure just how 'live' that LiveChat was!!!

I had TWO questions answered (under different names) - one about who did magic later in life, the other about Colin Creevey. However, I submitted both a week before the chat took place, so she must have seen them in advance!

I tried sending another question on the day - nothing...

Having said that, I also sent in advance questions about the epilogue, as well as asking what jobs Harry's parents had, but these were ignored too.

I guess I should just be happy that i got two answers to questions that had been bugging me ever since reading DH for the first time!

me too one of my questions got answered and i submitted it way in advanced. i asked the one whether lily had feelings back for snape

Old August 1st, 2007, 11:00 pm
Sixth Year

I guess I'm biased. I just like to hear her experience in writing the book because I'm a writer too.

Old August 1st, 2007, 11:15 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppa View Post
Snape's Patronus is a Doe, BrianWeasley, not a bat.
The question was animagus, not Patronus. Just because James' animagus and Patronus are the same doesn't mean everyone's else is. Animagus is based on your personality, your patronus can change to your love interest (as seen by Tonks). Snape has been compared to a bat from Book 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnaxela View Post
MAGIC, SPELLS AND CURSES

Why was Harry able to see into Voldemort's thoughts again? Did Voldemort stop exercising occlumency?
Live Chat with JoMaura: How come Voldemort was no longer employing Occlumency against Harry, as he was in the 6th book?

J.K. Rowling: He is losing control, and unable to prevent Harry seeing into his mind. The connection between them is never fully understood by Voldemort, who does not know that Harry is a Horcrux.

Quote:
If Bill Weasley was the Secret-Keeper for Shell Cottage, how was Ron able to speak its name and location in the Malfoys' dungeon? And how was Harry able to see it when he and Dobby first arrived?
Malfoy Manor”Bill’s and Fleur’s,” said Ron. “Shell Cottage on the outskirts of Tinworth!”

He didn’t give an exact address.
The WandmakerAfter a minute or so, he realized that they had, after all, come to the right place, for here were Bill and Fleur…

Bill and Fleur were outside the cottage, and therefore, the cottage could possibly be visible because they were in sight. The cottage wasn’t protecting them.

It’s just a thought.

Quote:
If Ariana gave up magical tendencies after her run in with the Muggles, then why weren’t the Dursley’s able to quash the magic out of Harry when they tried so hard to do so??
Ariana was a witch. She was the one who had the right to decide if she wanted to control it or not. The Dursleys knew that Harry was a wizard, but Harry didn’t know what he was doing. In the end, Ariana still did magic. The older she got, the stronger her magic became to the point she was unable to control it.

Quote:
what was the spell snape did on the sword of Gryffindor?
It had to be a duplication spell.

Quote:
How did the sword of Gryffindor end up back in the hat?
Live Chat with JoSu: How did neville get the gryfindor sword, is there a link to the hat

J.K. Rowling: Yes, there is very definitely a link to the hat! Neville, most worthy Gryffindor, asked for help just as Harry did in the Chamber of secrets, and Gryffindor's sword was transported into Gryffindor's old hat - Neville, most worthy Gryffindor, asked for help just as Harry did in the Chamber of secrets, and Gryffindor's sword was transported into Gryffindor's old hat -- the Sorting Hat was Gryffindor's initially, as you know. Griphook was wrong - Gryffindor did not 'steal' the sword, not unless you are a goblin fanatic and believe that all goblin-made objects really belong to the maker.

Quote:
THE LINK BETWEEN HARRY AND VOLDEMORT

When the part of Voldemort’s soul, inside, Harry, was destroyed, could he still speak parseltounge?

Does Harry still have the extraordinary powers that made him unique?
Live Chat with JoNigel: Can harry speak parseltongue when he is no longer a horcrux?

J.K. Rowling: No, he loses the ability, and is very glad to do so.

Quote:
A patronus will go to the person intended. The place is not important. Why did Dumbledore wait until Phineas came with the information of the place Harry was staying at before telling Snape to send the Sword and the silver doe?
The Patronus can go anywhere, but the sword couldn’t. Snape needed to place the sword in place and guide Harry to it.

Quote:
what was the magic Harry’s wand did on his own?
The WandmakerThese connections are complex. An initial attraction, and then a mutual quest for experience, the wand learning from the wizard, the wizard from the wand.”(Ollivander)

Draco never used his wand against Harry. The results may have been different. The Elder Wand may have used its magic and connected with Harry’s wand protecting him when he didn’t even know that he needed protecting.

Just a thought.

Quote:
How did Harry escape the killing curse once again? The Avada Kedavra kills; it does not distinguish between a soul and a soul or is the spell designed to distinguish between the host soul for a lack of a better word and a foreign soul?
My thought is that there were two souls in Harry’s body. The AK Curse needed to kill off one. If the other soul had been stronger, it would have fought Harry for its body. Dumbledore even said that he didn’t need to go back.

Quote:
Why did Dumbledore (and Voldemort) insist that Voldemort had to kill Harry? Wouldn't anybody else have done as well? The horcrux would still have been destroyed and Harry still wouldn't have died because Voldemort had some of his blood in him
The Prince’s Tale”Voldemort fears the connection,” said Dumbledore. “Not too long ago he had one, small taste of what truly sharing Harry’s mind means to him. It was pain such as he has never experienced.

Voldemort – based on the prophecy, Voldemort would only allow himself to fulfill it.

Dumbledore – Voldemort needed to know the connection was severed to release the snake. Voldemort wasn’t using Occulmency against Harry after the pain he felt in the DoM.

Quote:
REGULUS BLACK

Why did Regulus regret his former decisions?
Live Chat with JoHayleyhaha: Why did regulus have a change of heart

J.K. Rowling: He was not prepared for the reality of life as a Death Eater. It was Voldemort's attempted murder of Kreacher that really turned him.

Quote:
How did Regulus find out about the Horcruxes and know Voldemort had more than 1?
Live Chat with JoJames Farrell: Voldemort never told anyone about his horcruxes, so how on earth did regulus black discover his secret

J.K. Rowling: Horcrux magic was not Voldemort's own invention; as is established in the story, other wizards had done it, though never gone as far as to make six. Voldemort dropped oblique hints; in his arrogance, he did not believe anybody would be clever enough to understand them. (He does so in the graveyard of Little Hangleton, in front of Harry). He did this before Regulus and Regulus guessed, correctly, what it was that made Voldemort so convinced he could not die.

Last edited by bryanweasley; August 2nd, 2007 at 12:01 am.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:06 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Why NOT? Because it's irrelavant to anything in the HP in every way. We don't need to know about Broom Stores- what good would that do anyone? I have a feeling she is only going to address the main plots and not all that rubbish that doesn't matter one bit.
That rubbish was all the detailed background notes that Jo took (notebooks and notebooks) while developing this whole Wizarding World we're so fond of. They were people and things that never made it into the books but she felt she needed to know. This is just what a good deal of the encyclopedia will be.

So does Quality Quidditch Supplies have nothing to do with main plot points? It is a broom store too. The sport of Quidditch advanced important plot roles in the earlier books. I doubt there's only one broom store.

The Holy Bible: King James Version. 2000.

The Book of the Prophet
Isaiah
Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:31 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegoheart144 View Post
That rubbish was all the detailed background notes that Jo took (notebooks and notebooks) while developing this whole Wizarding World we're so fond of. They were people and things that never made it into the books but she felt she needed to know. This is just what a good deal of the encyclopedia will be.

So does Quality Quidditch Supplies have nothing to do with main plot points? It is a broom store too. The sport of Quidditch advanced important plot roles in the earlier books. I doubt there's only one broom store.
No, Quality Quidditch Supplies has nothing to do with main plot points. The trio didn't go looking there for horcruxes or hallows or whatever else they wanted to look for. When you get down to it, this book was about defeating Voldemort and not broom stores, and certainly not more than 1. Maybe Jo will write about QQS again - im sure that should suffice for all those who want to know more. I myself am intrigued to find out how much a Firebolt is going for right now; I've been saving up galleons for years and years to get myself one.

Last edited by DJkeep; August 2nd, 2007 at 12:34 am.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:34 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Fine. You go read about Quidditch stores till your heart is content. That's my ambition in life - to find out how much a Firebolt is selling for right now.
Out of curiousity, what exactly are you looking for in the encyclopedia? Please be specific.

Quote:
ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Did Dumbledore kill his sister?
The Missing MirrorGrindelwald didn’t like that at all. He got angry…And there was an argument…and I pulled out my wand, and he pulled out his, and I had the Cruciatus Curse used on me by my brother’s best friend – and Albus was trying to stop him, and then all three of us were dueling, and the flashing lights and the bangs set her off, she couldn’t stand it—and I think she wanted to help, but she didn’t really know what she was doing, and I don’t know which of us did it, it could have been any of us – and she was dead.”

Nobody knew who killed her. From Dumbledore’s agony and the what Aberforth says here, I believe Grindelwald killed her knowing his friend’s entrapment, but not understanding the love Dumbledore had for his sister. If Grindelwald's willing to use the Crucio Curse on Aberforth, I see no reason why he wouldn't use AK Curse on Ariana.

Quote:
Why was Dumbledore so uncaring of Snape when Snape was the only man in Voldy's inner circle and was sacrificing so much?

Why was Dumbledore so uncaring of Snape whose contribution to the Light was so phenomenal and valuable. Dumbledore could not have done half the things he has if it weren't for Snape. Why was he treated like scum?
The Prince’s Tale”Certainly not. You must kill me.”
“Would you like me to do it now?” asked Snape, his voice heavy with irony. “Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph.”

“I prefer not to put all my secrets in one basket, particularly not a basket that spends so much time dangling on the arm of Lord Voldemort.”
“Which I do on your orders!”
And you do it extremely well. Do not think that I underestimate the constant danger in which you place yourself, Severus. To give Voldemort what appears to be valuable information while withholding the essentials is a job I would entrust to nobody but you.”

I beg to differ here.

Quote:
The way Dumbledore dismisses Snape's death speaks poorly of him. Why did
Dumbledore not make provisions to ensure Snape and Harry would meet and work together?
Don’t you mean Harry’s???

Are we reading the same books? Harry saw Snape kill Dumbledore! Snape is a Death Eater, nobody trusted. Snape had to pretend he was Voldemort’s most trusted servant and be Headmaster at Hogwarts. If he had done anything strange, Voldemort would have killed him sooner.

Quote:
Why did Dumbledore not give a portrait to Harry? Everything would have been so simple.
I think you are forgetting the Chocolate Frog card of Dumbledore Harry has from PS/SS.

Quote:
Could Dumbledore see through invisibility cloaks? In general or just Harry’s because he had on of the Hallows?
Live Chat with JoAngela Morrissey: Why is it that albus dumbledore can see harry under his invisibility cloak at certain moments? (during the series is the cloak only infallible to those who do not own a deathly hallow).

J.K. Rowling: Dumbledore, who could perform magic without needing to say the incantation aloud, was using 'homenum revelio' -- the human-presence-revealing spell Hermione makes use of in Deathly Hallows.

Last edited by bryanweasley; August 2nd, 2007 at 12:37 am.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 3:14 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
No, Quality Quidditch Supplies has nothing to do with main plot points. The trio didn't go looking there for horcruxes or hallows or whatever else they wanted to look for. When you get down to it, this book was about defeating Voldemort and not broom stores, and certainly not more than 1. Maybe Jo will write about QQS again - im sure that should suffice for all those who want to know more. I myself am intrigued to find out how much a Firebolt is going for right now; I've been saving up galleons for years and years to get myself one.
I didn't say or mean to imply that Quality Quidditch Supplies had anything to do with DH. It didn't, but Quidditch did play a role in the earlier books.

We were discussing the chat and the possible encyclopedia that Jo was talking about writing to share all the background information she developed while writing the series. The entire series not just the latest book.

The Book of the Prophet
Isaiah
Old August 2nd, 2007, 3:28 am
Second Year

If she decides to never write a book, she'd better have this kinda interview weekly to keep us updated on what's going on in the magical world

Old August 2nd, 2007, 3:52 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanweasley View Post
Out of curiousity, what exactly are you looking for in the encyclopedia? Please be specific.

The Trio's, and other important characters immediate lives after the ending of DH, possibly more background information on characters ( lineage of Harry, Ron, Hermione), when they get married, have kids, and other random stuff that I feel is necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegoheart144 View Post
I didn't say or mean to imply that Quality Quidditch Supplies had anything to do with DH. It didn't, but Quidditch did play a role in the earlier books.

We were discussing the chat and the possible encyclopedia that Jo was talking about writing to share all the background information she developed while writing the series. The entire series not just the latest book.
But don't you see that Deathly Hallows sums up the entire series? That's what all the books were working towards over the years...to finally make everything understandable and get a sense of resolution.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 4:00 am
Banned

i wish ii couild ask her questions but there will be so many of us...i would love to talk with her

Old August 2nd, 2007, 4:33 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
The Trio's, and other important characters immediate lives after the ending of DH, possibly more background information on characters ( lineage of Harry, Ron, Hermione), when they get married, have kids, and other random stuff that I feel is necessary.

But don't you see that Deathly Hallows sums up the entire series? That's what all the books were working towards over the years...to finally make everything understandable and get a sense of resolution.
I did get a sense of resolution, if not from the books then from her recent interviews. You seem to just want an extended epilogue.

I am just very fascinated by how Jo put all this together. I want to see the pieces she didn't put in the overall puzzle. Most authors wouldn't bother going into such detail. But things like the broom shop meant something to her or she wouldn't have taken the trouble to name it and tell us that's where you take a broom to be repaired.

The Book of the Prophet
Isaiah
Old August 2nd, 2007, 1:16 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
THINGS JK HAS TALKED ABOUT IN INTERVIEWS

Who got a reprieve from death?
Mr Weasley in OotP. I know she said it, but I can’t find the exact quote.

Quote:
What were the other titles for the book?
LIVE CHAT WITH JOChucky: Have you had other alternatives as book title apart from deathly hallows?

J.K. Rowling: The two other possibilities were 'the Elder Wand' (used instead as a chapter title) and 'the Peverell Quest', which I decided against quite quickly. I think the word 'Quest' is a bit corny!

Quote:
Who was managed magic late in life?
Live Chat with JoSnapedinhalf: You promised that someone will do magic late in life in book 7. I've now read it three times but can’t work out who it might have been! Please help!!

J.K. Rowling: I'm sorry about this, but I changed my mind! My very earliest plan for the story involved somebody managing to get to Hogwarts when they had never done magic before, but I had changed my mind by the time I'd written the third book.

Quote:
Why do some wizards turn into ghosts, and others don't?
The Second War Begins, OotPNear Headless Nick hesitated, then said, ”Not everyone can come back as a ghost…Wizards can leave an imprint of themselves upon the earth, to walk palely where their living selves once tried…but very few wizards choose that path…I was afraid of death…I chose to remain behind…for a feeble imitation of life instead.

Live Chat with Jo Jon: Since voldemort was afraid of death, did he choose to be a ghost if so where does he haunt or is this not possible due to his horcruxes

J.K. Rowling: No, he is not a ghost. He is forced to exist in the stunted form we witnessed in King's Cross.

Quote:
Lily’s green eyes? What was the significance? Harry's glasses, why are they important?

Why did Harry have to wear glasses? JKR commented on the Italian audiobook cover of HP I think, when they had Harry without glasses "Can't they see that is his weakness?" was what she said. What weakness?
Harry may have looked like James, but it’s the love of others that Harry shares with his mother. As we are seeing through Harry’s eyes, he looks, but doesn’t see.

Quote:
MISC THINGS IN THE BOOK

Is Draco Malfoy a werewolf??
Huh? When did we read that Greyback bit him?

Quote:
How did Kreacher get to Hogwarts?
Same way Dobby did in Chamber of Secrets. Through elf magic.

Quote:
If Ron's imitation of Harry speaking Parseltongue was sufficient to open the Chamber of Secrets, does that mean that anyone can learn to speak/understand Parseltongue? (like to the extent of being able to understand what a Parselmouth is saying, but not necessarily what a snake is saying?)
Live Chat with JoDelailah: How does dumbledore understand parseltongue?

J.K. Rowling: Dumbledore understood Mermish, Gobbledegook and Parseltongue. The man was brilliant.

Like Chinese, it can be learned.

Quote:
How did Ron and Hermoine enter the Chamber of Secrets without knowing parseltongue?
The Battle of Hogwarts”But how did you get in there?” he asked, staring from the fangs to Ron.” You need to speak Parseltongue!”
“He did!” whispered Hermione. “Show him, Ron!”
Ron made a horrible, strangled hissing noise.
“It’s what you did to open the locket,” he told Harry apologetically. “I had to have a few goes to get it right, but,” he shrugged modestly, “we got there in the end.”

Quote:
Who ended up the new Minister of Magic?
Live Chat with JoBlodeuwedd: Hi jk, first of all thank you for all the books I have enjoyed each and every one of them could you tell us what professions harry, hermione, ron, ginny and luna go on to have did the trio do their final year at school and take their newts who became hea

J.K. Rowling: Thank you! I've already answered about Hermione. Kingsley became permanent Minister for Magic, and naturally he wanted Harry to head up his new Auror department. Harry did so (just because Voldemort was gone, it didn't mean that there would not be other Dark witches and wizards in the coming years). Ron joined George at Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes, which became an enormous money-spinner. After a few years as a celebrated player for the Holyhead Harpies, Ginny retired to have her family and to become the Senior Quidditch correspondent at the Daily Prophet!

Quote:
How did Aberforth get the other mirror?
Live Chat with JoNikki: How did sirius twoway mirror end up with aberforth or is it another twoway mirror

J.K. Rowling: You see Aberforth meeting Mundungus in Hogsmeade. That was the occasion on which Dung, who had taken Sirius's mirror from Grimmauld Place, sold it to Aberforth.

Quote:
How did Aberforth know to contact Harry at important times?
The Missing Mirror”Bought it from Dung ‘bout a year ago,” said Aberforth. “Albus told me what it was. Been trying to keep an eye out for you.”

Quote:
What did Dumbledore actually see in the Mirror of Erised in the first book?
Live Chat with JoAllie: What did dumbledore truly see in the mirror of erised

J.K. Rowling: He saw his family alive, whole and happy - Ariana, Percival and Kendra all returned to him, and Aberforth reconciled to him.

Quote:
Where did Harry really go in the chapter "King's Cross"?
Live Chat with Jo
Elisabeth: In the chapter of kings cross, are they behind the veil or in some world between the real world and the veil?

J.K. Rowling: You can make up your own mind on this, but I think that Harry entered a kind of limbo between life and death.

Quote:
what was the point of the fight between Lupin and Harry?
Lupin didn’t want his kid to grow up embarrassed that his father was a werewolf. Harry understood and knew that Lupin was out on a suicidal mission. He also knew that Lupin would make a great father and didn’t want the kid to grow up without his father, like he had done. Lupin went out wanting to live and ended up dying.

Quote:
EVENTS AFTER THE ENDING OF DH

Does Harry ever let any of his kids take either the Cloak or the Marauder's Map to Hogwarts?
Live Chat with JoCourtney: What child did harry give the marauders map to if any

J.K. Rowling: I've got a feeling he didn't give it to any of them, but that James sneaked it out of his father's desk one day.

Quote:
What happened to the issues that plagued the wizarding world?
Live Chat with JoLeaky Cauldron: What, if anything, did the wizarding world learn, and how did society change, as a direct result of the war with voldemort? (i.E., not as a result of harry, ron and hermione's future careers.)

J.K. Rowling: The Ministry of Magic was de-corrupted, and with Kingsley at the helm the discrimination that was always latent there was eradicated. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny et al would of course play a significant part in the re-building of wizarding society through their future careers.

Quote:
What happened to Hermione's SPEW?
Live Chat with JoKatieleigh: Does hermione still continue to do work with spew and is life any better for house elves!

J.K. Rowling: Hermione began her post-Hogwarts career at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures where she was instrumental in greatly improving life for house-elves and their ilk. She then moved (despite her jibe to Scrimgeour) to the Dept. of Magical Law Enforcement where she was a progressive voice who ensured the eradication of oppressive, pro-pureblood laws.

Quote:
Kingsley Shacklebolt is the new Minster of Magic. What changes does he make at the Ministry? Does he sack Umbridge?
Live Chat with JoBlodeuwedd: Hi jk, first of all thank you for all the books I have enjoyed each and every one of them could you tell us what professions harry, hermione, ron, ginny and luna go on to have did the trio do their final year at school and take their newts who became hea

J.K. Rowling: Thank you! I've already answered about Hermione. Kingsley became permanent Minister for Magic, and naturally he wanted Harry to head up his new Auror department. Harry did so (just because Voldemort was gone, it didn't mean that there would not be other Dark witches and wizards in the coming years). Ron joined George at Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes, which became an enormous money-spinner. After a few years as a celebrated player for the Holyhead Harpies, Ginny retired to have her family and to become the Senior Quidditch correspondent at the Daily Prophet!

Pablo: What is toadface umbridge doing now

J.K. Rowling: Glad to see you like her as much as I do! She was arrested, interrogated and imprisoned for crimes against Muggleborns.

Quote:
MISC

Are house elves freed or treated differently now?
I don’t see them freed, but thanks to Hermione will be treated differently.

Quote:
If the Dementors can breed, do they raise baby Dementors? or do Dementors come into being already fully able to fend for themselves?
Live Chat with Jo
Cornersoul: So what happens to all the dementors where will they go will they be destroyed if so, how

J.K. Rowling: You cannot destroy Dementors, though you can limit their numbers if you eradicate the conditions in which they multiply, ie, despair and degradation. As I've already said, though, the Ministry no longer used them to torment its opponents.

Quote:
How come Voldemort repeated all of his mistakes from the first time around?
What mistakes did he repeat?

Quote:
Where are the other Potters?
What other Potters? The Polyjuiced Potters or his relatives?

Quote:
Sirius died before he could clear his name. He was still known to the wizarding world as the man who betrayed the Potters. Did the Ministry give him a posthumous pardon?
The Other Minister, HBP”Is Serious Black with-er-He Who Must Not Be Named?”
“Black? Black?” said Fudge distractedly, turning his bowler rapidly in his fingers. “Sirius Black, you mean? Merlin’s beard, no. Black’s dead. Turns out were were – er- mistaken about Black. He was innocent after all. And he wasn’t in league with He Who Must Not Be Named either.

Last edited by bryanweasley; August 2nd, 2007 at 3:23 pm.
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:20 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanweasley View Post
It had to be a duplication spell.
Probably that geminio (sp?) spell we see Hermione use on the locket so that Umbridge won't notice it has gone.

Old August 6th, 2007, 4:06 pm
Fifth Year

I think there are lots of good questions that JK answered in her chat. For the encyclopedia I would like to hear about James and Lily's professions as I have always wondered what they did before.

Old August 25th, 2007, 8:50 pm
Second Year

Voldy's Horcrux creating murders.

From Bloomsbury's webchat:
Lady Bella: Whose murders did Voldemort use to create each of the horcruxes?

J.K. Rowling: The diary Moaning Myrtle. The cup Hepzibah Smith, the previous owner. The locket a Muggle tramp. Nagini Bertha Jorkins (Voldemort could use a wand once he regained a rudimentary body, as long as the victim was subdued). The diadem an Albanian peasant. The ring Tom Riddle snr.

I thought the Muggle tramp and the Albanian peasant were a little out of character. I thought I read somewhere or at least had it in my head that Voldy saved important murders to create his horcruxes. Those two just seem so ho-hum.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

Old August 25th, 2007, 9:44 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Voldy's Horcrux creating murders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimzie View Post
From Bloomsbury's webchat:
Lady Bella: Whose murders did Voldemort use to create each of the horcruxes?

J.K. Rowling: The diary Moaning Myrtle. The cup Hepzibah Smith, the previous owner. The locket a Muggle tramp. Nagini Bertha Jorkins (Voldemort could use a wand once he regained a rudimentary body, as long as the victim was subdued). The diadem an Albanian peasant. The ring Tom Riddle snr.

I thought the Muggle tramp and the Albanian peasant were a little out of character. I thought I read somewhere or at least had it in my head that Voldy saved important murders to create his horcruxes. Those two just seem so ho-hum.

What is everyone else's thoughts?
This is what Dumbledore believed -- the poor man can not always be right. HBP Chapter 23 - Horcruxes, page 473 UK paperbk. This talk occurs just after Harry has obtained Slughorn's real memory. Hope this helps.

Old August 25th, 2007, 11:52 pm
Third Year

I think that an HP encylopedia would tend to have much more information about "not important" things, like the stores of Diagon Alley, myths of the wizarding world, etc. But it will not have a fully detailed scene of what happened after the battle of Hogwarts, but profund charcter analysis (past and future), that stuff. What do you guys/girls think the encylopedia will explain? or we will just have to ask it to Jo

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References