Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Prisoner of Azkaban movie clues

Old August 6th, 2007, 1:53 pm
First Year

Re: Prisoner of Azkaban movie clues

Do you remember what Dumbledore says at the beginning of year feast? Something like "Happiness can be found in the darkest of times... If only one doesn't forget to turn on the light ..." May be it has something to do with the Put Outer he leaves Ron in his will?

Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2007, 2:03 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohelberet View Post
"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times... If only one doesn't forget to turn on the light ..." May be it has something to do with the Put Outer he leaves Ron in his will?
Exactly...this part paired with the scene a little while latter, when Harry screams "He was their friend!" Herimone is kneeling and Ron is standing apart from him.

These two parts together seem to forshadow Ron's departure and return pretty well, if I was Jo I would have gotten the chills too!

Old August 6th, 2007, 2:57 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEWEASLEYS04 View Post
These two parts together seem to forshadow Ron's departure and return pretty well, if I was Jo I would have gotten the chills too!
i know! What a coincidence, i don't think it was done on purpose.
I think it mighthave something to do with the put outer Dumbledore left Ron, but if i hadn't rad book 7 i would not have had a clue, so again a coincidence.

Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow, Like fragile tiny shells, Drifting in the foam.
Little soldier boy, come marching home
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home.

We miss you Uncle Iroh

Proud member of OFINOA (obsessed fans in need of Avatar)

Germany to win Euro 08
Old August 6th, 2007, 3:50 pm
Seventh Year

When Rickman says, "look at you two quarreling like an old married couple." It calls to my mind what we discover about his parents in The Prince's Tale and Snape's ugly childhood that drove him out of the house to find Lily.

I had pointed out the Lupin/Lliy's eyes observation and her ability to see things in people as a connection to Snape. I always felt that would be the key between Snape and Harry - Looong before DH came out but I always got shot down. (yes I'm feeling pride and vindication at the moment.)

(Aside)
Someone posted earlier in this thread of Snape's flying- I don't think he was a "bat" but decribed as "bat-like" and McGonagall would have known if it was an animagus but she assumed Snape learned a "trick from his master" She was referring to Voldemort's RARE ability to fly. So yes- Snape did in fact Fly. But it seems Lily also showed a potential for flying in Snape's first memory of her as she sailed off the swings and stayed aloft for unnaturally long.

Old September 4th, 2007, 1:15 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAndy View Post
I don't see the Hermione/Ron as forshadowing anything as we all knew it was only a matter of time before it was going to happen. As for Snape protecting harry, he had already done this in PS.
yes, but that was a pysical spur-of-the-moment thing. he could easily have just let the wolf at them and pretended nothing happened....
it's jsut different, you know?

Quote:
Do you remember what Dumbledore says at the beginning of year feast? Something like "Happiness can be found in the darkest of times... If only one doesn't forget to turn on the light ..." May be it has something to do with the Put Outer he leaves Ron in his will?
that's amazing!!!

plus the way remus talked about lily on the bridge, and how he recognised harry by his eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnipjuice View Post
regarding Ron and Hermione, When the three of them are "watching" buckbeack get killed, and they hear the thunk of the axe, Hermione is standing between Ron and Harry, she starts to cry and turns to Ron and not Harry. I thought this was a clear indication that Hermione and Ron would end up together. I think at the time there were still a lot of people thinking otherwise.
it was like the end of book 6!!!! And their relationship in film 5 was like the end of book 7! imo! LOL!!!!!

Old September 4th, 2007, 1:28 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

Quote:
Great observation! I never thought of that before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalguy
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Harry's first patronus. In the book, the happy memory was when he found out he was a wizard. In the movie, he said he was thinking of his parents talking to him.

"I was thinking of him... and Mum. Seeing their faces. They were talking to me, just talking. That's the memory I chose. I don't even know if it's real. But it's the best I have."
I like this one. It is kind of foreshadowing that actually in Deathly Hallows Harry being able to talk to his parents in The Forest Again was what helped him through his most difficult task yet, and much more difficult than producing a patronus.

I think the main clue from the PoA movie was when Snape jumped in front of Harry to protect him. I always had thought this was a strange scene as I didn't understand why Snape's first instinct would be to protect the boy he loathed so much, but after DH it makes perfect sense.

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old September 5th, 2007, 1:35 pm
First Year

I gonna throw this one out, how about the way Snape treats Sirius, the way he says about the kiss, yes I know they already hated each other, the the amount of hatred Snape must've felt if he thought that Sirius betrayed Lily to Voldemort would have gone up.

Old September 6th, 2007, 2:49 am
Fourth Year

There are two which stick out in my mind:

1. Severus Snape literally putting himself between Lupin's Werewolf and "The Trio". He came VERY close to getting swiped by Lupin's paws/claws. Take a look at his face. He's white as a bed sheet. If you pay close attention(with Rickman's BRILLIANT portrayal as Snape, who can't), you also notice that he looks up at Lupin with a pleading look. After reading Deathly Hallows, I noticed he barely breathes, yet keeps a firm grip on the kids. He's the one who takes the Werewolf's rage, etc. If you watch and pay close attention, he hardly moves. It's as if he's too scared to move, frozen on the spot. However, he's not "alone", taking all the rage. Padfoot fights Lupin's Werewolf. So in a sense, he's not the only one taking on the rage of a Werewolf. When Snape is knocked down, he falls hard and kind of on top of the kids. As he's getting up, he looks over to make sure Harry is safe. This shows Snape was willing to die to protect Harry.
2. Remus Lupin telling Harry about Lily's Eyes and her inner beauty. How she saw the person WITHIN you. She saw past a Person's Handicap, physical appearance and saw the Person Inside. In short, she brought the best in a person. He basically said he wasn't afraid to be himself. She saw past his infliction, wounds, etc and saw who he really was.
This is a foreshadowing to the Snape/Lily Friendship, that Snape LOVED Lily since he was a small boy. Even though Petunia had that prejudiced he's "THAT Snape Boy" as if he would turn her into a Troll with the blink of an eye, Lily saw past that "reputation", his sickly appearance and saw the person he was inside. I also noticed how she kind of let loose when she was with him. She wasn't afraid to let the "wilder" side within her out. Yet, with Petunia, she was more reserved for fear of her running home to Mommy and tattling. With Snape she had that "Go, ahead, tell, I DARE you".
It's clear from his "Look...at....Me" plea to Harry before he died that he found acceptance and LOVE in Lily's eyes.
3. Snape's "Look at you two quarrelling like an old Married Couple" to Sirius in "The Shrieking Shack" is a foreshadow to Snape's Parents "arguing" about him. Although, if Harry had seen more of Snape's Parents, I think it would have solidified the fact his Father abused his Mother and possibly him. It's clear from his clothes that he was neglected. Even at 9, he was left to his own accord. It's clear he wore what "was clean" and didn't give a rat's tush about what he wore because his Mother probably neglected him. If she had cared, she would have made sure he at least had clean and decent clothes to wear. It's also clear he was left to fend for himself because of how skinny he was. Much like Harry was himself. He was the Victim of Abuse(though probably not as severe as Severus Snape) because he had people "watching" the Dursleys and looking out for him. Though you know he often got fed cold food, scraps from the table, was left to fend for himself. I think if we saw any memories of his home "life", I think it would be clear Snape was raised in an unloving home. If it hadn't been for Lily, I think he would have been more like Voldemort, but for some reason, Lily made him see the light, hope, etc.
3. Remus Lupin telling Harry he's more like his Parents than he'll ever know.

Here is the Youtube video of the Werewolf scene: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts1BpD9mlgQ

I TRUST Severus Snape!!!!

Last edited by Leslie33; September 6th, 2007 at 3:06 am.
Old September 6th, 2007, 3:46 am
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I'm not so sure this is what Rowling was talking about since I always had the impression she was referring to something Cuaron put in the movie not the writer, but when I saw the movie about a month ago on ABC Family, the line spoken by Dumbledore really caught my attention and made me think of the Deluminator he gave Ron.
PoA Movie, Albus Dumbledore
A word of caution: dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It's not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.
Ah, I see someone has already beaten me to it…it is a great line when you think of the Deluminator.
I do wish she would just come out and tell us what she was referring to!

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies