Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

The Epilogue -- What did you think?

Old September 10th, 2007, 4:28 am
First Year

Re: The Epilogue -- What did you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I think the epilogue was great in the sense that it really tied things down nicely... Especially when it comes to things like relationships, the threads will always battle on with any hint of romanticism, insisting that someone loved another, and vice versa. I found it extremely confusing however, when all the children were named after previous characters, and I had to backtrack to make sure I didn't mess anything up. I think that the naming choices made were overkill, but I like it none the less. Its really nice to know that things were working out, they were all still friends, Draco wasn't a complete backstabber, and that Hogwarts was the way it was always intended to be, once again.
I think the Epilogue *had* to have a different tone. The whole 7 books have been based on conflict, the ever-present and evolving threat of Voldemort that was finally put to rest in the final battle. The epilogue did have a fairy-tale feel to it because the conflict was gone. Harry had what he always wanted, his own version of his vision in the Mirror - a loving family. Happily ever after is always a little boring...

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2007, 9:46 pm
Second Year

yeah it was good to know that those people came out ok, and was cool to hear about the kids, but I really want to know what happened in the immediate few years after. Did they finish school, what jobs if any do they have, how did those next yearly years of all their courtships turn out, what about everyone else. Who's headmaster and who's teaching at hogwarts, ect. ect. I think we shall require another book, lol.

"It's like crack" - Jason Isaacs refering to the addictiveness of Harry Potter

Gryffindor! -be sorted @ nimbo.net
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:32 pm
Fourth Year

I think it might be very interesting if only there was a way to do a sort of poll on the Epilogue -- not to try to prove it is good or bad -- but to see if people's evalutions tend to correlate at all with age, gender, school or profession, quest, favorite color , other books they like, etc. It's interesting how the views range from one extreme to the other -- loved it, really disappointed, in between.

Last edited by fruitia pickleweed; September 10th, 2007 at 11:34 pm.
Old September 28th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Eldest Gruff

Version 2 is up.

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References