Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Foul Language in DH

Old December 1st, 2007, 6:20 pm
Third Year

Re: Foul Language in DH

The foul language in DH wasn't actually that bad, considering that they are at war and they're teenagers. Realistically, they would have been swearing a lot more. Harry and co. are 17, and actually, Hermione is 18 in DH so even though it's a kids book, it's appropriate for the characters and setting.

Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2007, 4:12 am
First Year

I have been reading the HP books to my little brother, and we are now up to the fifth book. There is something about reading the books aloud that makes me want to censor it a bit. Like I'll say Heck or Darn instead of the other versions. When we finish book 5, I might hold off reading book 6 and 7 to him for a while, just because they are so much racier (for lack of a better word) than the previous 5. I mean, "thrashing around like a pair of eels"? Innapropriate language for children goes beyond swear words.

Old December 6th, 2007, 3:50 am
Third Year

I did not even realize there was any "foul language". I mean, they are teenagers for god's sake!! teenagers swear all the time! plus, considering the pressure they are under, not swearing at all seems unbelievable.
Besides, I don't get it why some people are concerned about the swearing, considering the murders, torture, violence, slavery, racism all through the series. Swearing is just a minor thing next to Voldemort killing people to make horcruxes by splitting his soul, I think.

Last edited by Lorena; December 7th, 2007 at 3:16 am.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives