Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Would you ever stop discussing Harry Potter books?

Old December 20th, 2007, 8:26 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

Re: Would you ever stop discussing Harry Potter books?

I really hope not, but I think I probably will stop at some point. As it gets further away from the books being released, I think there will soon be less to discuss. I'm just making the most of the time that I am discussing it and when others also want to. Nothing good ever lasts forever However, when I have children I'd like to initiate them into the series and hopefully that could spark some new discussion and debate via a younger and new reader You never know

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2007, 4:17 am
Second Year

i think as long as there are active threads such as this site and there are still people who keeps on talking about harry potter i won't ever 'turn the page'...besides im having way too much fun reading HP related stuff (esp. fanfiction) to ever consider stop discussing HP...

are proud to present
The Marauders Map

The Prisoner and The Professor, A Partnership Cut Short, Auburn Pride and a Chaser's PersuationJust Friends-J/L 6th year, A History of Magic
Teddy Lupin and the Legacy of the Marauders
Old December 22nd, 2007, 3:54 pm
Third Year

no, i hope not, probably eventually.

[center]SEEING OTHER PEOPLE
~Rose and Scorpius' story about love~
Old December 24th, 2007, 2:17 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

I think as long as others interested in continuing the discussions are around, I will be too. I have enjoyed the time in HP fandom. With no new canon forthcoming, it is possibloe the discussions will cover old ground, but they were already doing this before the last book came out. With new members bringing new persepctives, discussing the same old can be fun.

And there are still two movies to come, and fanfiction!

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.
Old December 24th, 2007, 11:15 pm
Third Year

Never.
I may take breaks every now and again from CoS, but I wont ever stop.
To me, its life.

Im baaack =]

"I am not afraid, I was born to do this"-Joan of Arc
Old December 24th, 2007, 11:32 pm
Second Year

Being realistic- one day I might. But my interest in it may dim over time but it will always remain and no doubt be revived at different times and points in my life. That's what's so good about books. They never truly leave you once you've read them. =)

Snape
"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death — if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."
Image: http://hettie-young.deviantart.com/g...craps#/d2wqhyt
by me.
Old December 29th, 2007, 8:33 am
Fifth Year

Do we?

Old December 30th, 2007, 3:21 am
First Year

Gosh...I guess I came to the dance too late. Well as of 8/07 I became a "potter-head" and I'm so into it to the point that it has become an intricate part of my life. I'll soon be 35 and outside of my career this series comes in a close 2nd...(don't have a husband to worry about or children) and for years I've been so wrong and totally misjudged this huge entity of what is Harry Potter. I'm always searching for answers and I wonder if JK Rowling is going to publish a prequil so to speak---about Harry's parents, the marauders time at Hogwarts, the beginning of Snapes' misery at Hogwarts, all the past professors and the like.
I wish my friends were into the Potter phenomenom(SP?) I have no one to discuss "potter" matters with except you guys online. It'll be a long time before I stop talking about Harry Potter, just wish I knew more people in my area and in my age bracket that into it as much as I am.

Old December 30th, 2007, 3:34 am
WendyPotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchntr8nyn View Post
Gosh...I guess I came to the dance too late. Well as of 8/07 I became a "potter-head" and I'm so into it to the point that it has become an intricate part of my life. I'll soon be 35 and outside of my career this series comes in a close 2nd...(don't have a husband to worry about or children) and for years I've been so wrong and totally misjudged this huge entity of what is Harry Potter. I'm always searching for answers and I wonder if JK Rowling is going to publish a prequil so to speak---about Harry's parents, the marauders time at Hogwarts, the beginning of Snapes' misery at Hogwarts, all the past professors and the like.
I wish my friends were into the Potter phenomenom(SP?) I have no one to discuss "potter" matters with except you guys online. It'll be a long time before I stop talking about Harry Potter, just wish I knew more people in my area and in my age bracket that into it as much as I am.
Me too. I mean, I'd always see Harry Potter since I was seven, but I didn't show much interest. I was in Cuba back then, so no books. However, over the summer, I got the Harry Potter bug. The 1st of July, to be more exact. I bought all the books that were out and rented the movies. By 7/7/07 I was done and became a member of HPANA. I've re-read the books countless of times and I am completely and utterly obsessed. period. I don't think I will be getting over my obsession any time soon. Now, I spend 50% of my life dedicated to Harry Potter. My friends don't like Harry, that's why I go online so much. I talk about Harry Potter nonetheless and drive them insane. In school , when I enter a room, everybody starts talking about Harry Potter, seriously. I don't care if they are talking good or bad about it, I'm just happy that they are. I read fanfiction, a lot. I write fanfiction, a lot. And I'm waiting impatiently for HBP. Harry Potter has helped me greatly, in many ways, school-wise and not, and I think they best way to repay is by not letting Harry Potter be forgotten.

~WendyPotter

Old December 30th, 2007, 4:55 am
First Year

@WendyPotter: Wow...This is how I became a "potter-head": It was late July and I was watching the news reporting outside of Barnes & Nobles in NYC. The DH book was to be released at midnight and the line for it was about 2 blocks long. It was incredible!!! People said they've been on line for the release since 2 in the afternoon. Some were dressed in costumes. I was amazed and thought to myself what is this Harry Potter about. I saw people of all ages out there. The next day I made it my business to go to the library and check out one of the books. I have to admit that I was embarrased when I asked to libraian for a Harry Potter book. I checked out Goblet of Fire and that night I began to read it and I was hooked!!! Instantly! I carried the book with me to work, I read it sitting in traffic, on line at the Post Office and stayed up to 4 in the morning reading.
Trust me when I tell you, I've made Rowling a richer woman than she already is. Its really sad to hear that you weren't able to get the books in Cuba. That sucks....I'm trying to turn my brother into a "potter-head"!!! Wish me luck

Old December 30th, 2007, 5:11 am
WendyPotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchntr8nyn View Post
@WendyPotter: Wow...This is how I became a "potter-head": It was late July and I was watching the news reporting outside of Barnes & Nobles in NYC. The DH book was to be released at midnight and the line for it was about 2 blocks long. It was incredible!!! People said they've been on line for the release since 2 in the afternoon. Some were dressed in costumes. I was amazed and thought to myself what is this Harry Potter about. I saw people of all ages out there. The next day I made it my business to go to the library and check out one of the books. I have to admit that I was embarrased when I asked to libraian for a Harry Potter book. I checked out Goblet of Fire and that night I began to read it and I was hooked!!! Instantly! I carried the book with me to work, I read it sitting in traffic, on line at the Post Office and stayed up to 4 in the morning reading.
Trust me when I tell you, I've made Rowling a richer woman than she already is. Its really sad to hear that you weren't able to get the books in Cuba. That sucks....I'm trying to turn my brother into a "potter-head"!!! Wish me luck
He he. Good Luck! I am trying to turn my 4 year old brother into a fan too. Everytime he sees a picture of Harry Potter, or a scar, or magic in general, he points and says "Uuu...Harry Potter." I don't think he'll turn out as much of a reader, he is very hyper. We only get along through Harry Potter. We watched OotP toegther and his eyes went wide when the giant fire snake! It was so funny. And even though he doesn't know about death much, he said " Poor Harry," in spanish when Sirius died. I told him the thing he went through was a curtain and he has been avoiding curtains ever since. It's funny. Wow! I made my dad buy me the book the moment it came out. I spent the whole night reading it! I locked my room and brought it water and anything else I migh need and around 8 in the morning I was done and crying my eyes out. It took me just a couple of minutes, but then I re-read the last line and realized HP was over and well, I cried. I had already cried for some things during the book though. A lot of things. I don't think I'm getting over HP soon, it's my first obsession and hopefully the only one and last

~WendyPotter

Old December 30th, 2007, 4:31 pm
Second Year

I started reading HP when my son who was then about 29 gave me the first 2 and I was hooked, Sure in time my talking about them will wain for a time but like a lot of the favorite books I read I'll reread them,

Old December 30th, 2007, 5:24 pm
Banned

Harry potter really captured the world's heart, I dont think people will ever stop discussing it. Plus I think JK will proabbaly write more about Harry Potter -a fterall she has promised the encylcopedia, the charity book has been released and she will probably write a series about something else,w hich will be an instant hit, but I think she will come back to the world of Potter at least.

Old December 30th, 2007, 6:33 pm
First Year

I don't think I ever will, or ever could, stop discussing the books... there's just so much you can discuss!

It annoys me when there are readers who just go, 'Oh yeah, the Harry Potter books are cool' and they don't discuss or delve into characters, places, names, anything like that.

It's a bit of a waste in my opinion, the books are wasted if someone doesn't continue discussing them! (: I personally think Jo would be happy even if there are just two people discussing them in the end...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives