Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial > The U-Bend

U-Bend #46 -- Where Did All the Ron Ron's Go?

Old April 23rd, 2008, 6:42 am
MuggleNet Editorial

U-Bend #46 -- Where Did All the Ron Ron's Go?

Discussion of this U-Bend installment by Andrew Lee.

Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2008, 11:21 am
Fifth Year

Re: U-Bend #46 -- Where Did All the Ron Ron's Go?

Thank you, Andrew. Good to see you back. Are you really Andrew or are you some evil hack writer using Polyjuice Potion (not that you'd ever tell me!)?

Another one of Harry's basic flaws - too trusting. So "Ron" had the 'Deluminator', it can be stolen right along with him, so he saved Harry's freezing bum, and now Ron cares about house-elves, too fishy. I wonder in who's house the cupboard is located?

Now you have me worried - I may no longer sleep blissfully at night. Thanks a whole lot.

(This isn't really me - but you know the drill.)

Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:27 pm
First Year

Quote:
Now you have me worried - I may no longer sleep blissfully at night. Thanks a whole lot.
Darn, now I'm freaked out to! Is it really Ron? Is it even really Harry? I am off to search every cupboard in my house for won-won! :-)

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
Old April 23rd, 2008, 4:16 pm
First Year

Ah yes, very interesting theory. However, once they go through the waterfall at Gringott's the imposter would have been revealed just as Hermione and Ron were.

Old April 23rd, 2008, 7:24 pm
Sixth Year

Thank you Andrew! That was hilarious and a great editorial.

Although I admit, the possibility crossed my mind, but that was when Lupin came. It never occurred to me that it could be Ron! The entire book takes on new meaning!

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old April 24th, 2008, 12:03 am
First Year

Great editorial <3
totally gave me a laugh.

so glad the u-bend is still being updated !

Old April 24th, 2008, 4:17 am
First Year

So the real question becomes: who is infiltrator Ron? Could it be Viktor Krum? He's always had a thing for Hermoine, maybe he saw his chance and just took it! At least we know it couldn't be Crabbe or Goyle, ugh! They were both in the Room of Requirement during the whole fiendfyre business along with Ron/Infiltrator Ron - they're not the sort to figure out how to be two people at one time!

In all seriousness, though, I don't see anyone else reacting as emotionally as the real Ron when evil Harry and Hermoine emerged from the locket during its destruction - I'm a sucker for the romance and believe that Hermoine would immediately know the difference between the real Ron and an Infiltrator Ron. Remember how Hermoine starts to list off what she can smell in the Amortentia during their first potions class with Slughorn in Half Blood Prince? ("'...I can smell freshly mown grass and new parchment and - ' But she turned slightly pink and did not complete the sentence.") I always figured her last favorite smell was Ron's feet. By the way, I've always wondered what Ron could smell during that class....hmm

Old April 26th, 2008, 1:58 am
First Year

Quote:
Ah yes, very interesting theory. However, once they go through the waterfall at Gringott's the imposter would have been revealed just as Hermione and Ron were.
I think this has some weight to it. I thought maybe that you were going with the whole Ron was actually Snape, but somehow Ron came back thing.

Anyway, this is the best slightly far-fetched theory I have heard since Snape is a vampire.

Old April 26th, 2008, 6:58 pm
Seventh Year

While your arguments are laid out neatly, I think you're overlooking the obvious. Harry was always the real Harry, Ron was always the real Ron, but Hermione was not the real Hermione but an incarnation of Steve Klove's PinkPowerGranger! Because in reality Steve Kloves has taken over JKR during parts of the writing process of DH. (no, I'm kidding. I love DH-Hermione. Well, most of it. )

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old April 27th, 2008, 2:49 pm
Doctor's Companion

Great work Andrew.

Old April 27th, 2008, 10:04 pm
First Year

Why would this be a fake Ron. First off all, he knows all the things like what harry's patronus is. THere is also evidnence of his stay at Shell Cottage. JK Rowling herself has also dismissed this.

Also the thieves downfall would have revealed Ron and he wouldn't have done all the things expresisng his love for hermione at the malfoy manor, he also new too much, like the fact that lupin and tonks were back together, and about the arguement. andabout potterwatch The deluminator also wouldn't work

Also the thieves downfall would have revealed Ron and he wouldn't have done all the things expresisng his love for hermione at the malfoy manor, he also new too much, like the fact that lupin and tonks were back together, and about the arguement. andabout potterwatch The deluminator also wouldn't work

Last edited by Liselle; April 27th, 2008 at 10:43 pm. Reason: Rudeness: "Do us a favor and stay of the internet for a while, you read to many conspiracy theories." charming
Old April 27th, 2008, 10:38 pm
Doctor's Companion

COS Forums Rule 2a
2a. The goal of CoS Forums is to make sure everyone has a good time and can make friends. Obviously not everyone will agree with one another and we ask that you respect the opinions of others. Making sarcastic, or rude remarks directed at another member, or attacking others for holding views different to your own will not be tolerated. If you see this taking place, please report it to an Unspeakable.

Please remember COS Forums rule 2a as quoted above, it's fine to disagree but please do so in a constructive manner.

Old April 29th, 2008, 10:13 pm
First Year

Don't forget that Harry also had personal experience with Polyjuice Potion in [i]COS[i]!! Interesting thought; I agree that the waterfall at Gringott's would have revealed the imposter!

Old May 2nd, 2008, 4:05 pm
First Year

Having chortled at the thought and the imaginative way in which it was conceived and delivered, I, too, began to look over my shoulder... was that REALLY who they said they were or appeared to be?

Paranoia, however, doesn't become me (smilingly stated), and I, being the egg-head I obviously am, decided to consider the possibility. Of course, many here have already pointed out that the Thieves' Downfall would have clarified (so to speak) the issue, but please remember that that episode took place some considerable time after the return of "Ron" (or whoever he REALLY is).

I suspect that it would not have been very easy for Imposter/Ron to keep up the impersonation. Remember that Polyjuice Potion must be taken VERY frequently, so surely one or the other of Harry and Hermione would have caught him at LEAST once. Also, the extended time frame between "Ron's" return and the Thieves' Downfall means it would have to have been brewed somewhere along the line. Yes, a huge batch, big enough to be sufficient for many months, perhaps, might be made. But then...where is it? I suspect it could not be hidden, nor, I believe, could it be carried along with each Disapparition to another location. Surely, given their close quarters, either Hermione or Harry would have caught a whiff of potion (even Moaning Myrtle caught a whiff, and SHE can't smell - oh my, how insensitive of me to point that out!! (another smile - thie IS the U-Bend after all)), or they might have seen some tell-tale evidence of it bing brewed (having already said it would be impossible to carry sufficient quantities to preclude brewing!!).

So it is difficult to conceive of a way in which an Imposter/Ron could continue to maintain the charade.

My conclusion therefore is that it IS the real Ron.

This doesn't negate the fact that neither Harry nor Hermione asked for a sign. Harry's oversight, of course, could be explained by the fact that Harry never asked anyone for a sign, including Dumbledore when he arrived at Privet Drive to take Harry to Slughorn and then to the Burrow. Harry even told Dumbledore that he did not find the MOM's advice on this issue (contained in the Purple Flyer delivered to all Wizarding homes and distributed in the Prophet) to be particularly useful, and Dumbledore agreed. The telling to Harry of his (Dumbledore's) secret information was done in a joking manner, and Dumbledore further pointed out that an imposter could easily wrench the secret from the person being impersonated. I have no explanation for Hermione's atypical behaviour. I mean Hermione is the quintessential Skeptic/Rule Follower. It must have been her shock at seeing what appeared to be Ron back after having begged him not to leave.

The REAL question is.... is this the REAL Andrew, or, for that matter, the REAL Old_One.... Ha ha ha ha (sorry, my evil laugh isn't what it used to be!!)

M. (or.... maybe NOT!)

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial > The U-Bend