Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References > The Quibbler > Quibbler Breaking News > News archives > Minister for Magic Elections

Severus Snape and Molly Weasley: Brewing up a Bright Future

Old October 23rd, 2008, 8:21 pm
Professor Snape

Severus Snape and Molly Weasley: Brewing up a Bright Future

In the two months since I announced I was running for Minister of Magic, I have sought to present to you, the voters, the vision I and my running mate Molly Weasley have for the future of the wizarding world, and the qualifications we would bring to the Ministry. We take this opportunity to thank the Staff of CoS Forums for their cooperation with outgoing Minister Shacklebolt in allowing their forum to be used as a venue for the elections and campaigns. Their dedication and professionalism have made for a smoothly running, fair contest in which all voices could be heard.

With the aid of our able staff, Molly and I have presented ourselves, our views, and our plans extensively in speeches, debates, editorials, interviews, stories, and visual media. We will not attempt a complete presentation of that wealth of material here. Instead we offer a distillation – a concise presentation of who we are, why we are running, and what we hope to accomplish for our world if you honor us with your vote. We hope you will take the time to peruse those items with which you are not familiar, or which are of particular importance to your decision.

Last edited by Professor Snape; October 25th, 2008 at 2:25 am.
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2008, 9:45 pm
Qvack...

Re: Severus Snape and Molly Weasley: Brewing up a Bright Future

While researching the life of Severus Snape for the Minister of Magic campaign, silver ink pot came across a fascinating collection of historical artwork deep in the archives of the Headmaster Historical Society.

Together these masterpieces form a unique visual biography giving us sharp insight into the experiences of a great man.

THE DUCK.

Last edited by Hes; October 23rd, 2008 at 10:00 pm. Reason: youtube video problem solved
Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:57 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Since the Battle of Hogwarts, people in the Wizarding World have been fascinated by the role which Molly Weasley played in vanquishing evil, and she has become a symbol of the protective power of parenthood. In order for the public to know her better, she has generously shared with her Campaign members various family photographs and artwork, as well as a graphic depiction of her famous duel with Bellatrix Lestrange (minus one line of dialogue that might not be family-friendly, yet which Molly insists is an exact expression of her feelings towards Ms. Lestrange at the time of her death).

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:55 pm
Professor Snape

How is it that I, a former Death Eater, presume to stand for election as Minister of Magic? My experiences and background uniquely qualify me for this position. I was raised among Muggles in a northern industrial town by my parents, a witch and a Muggle, and attended Hogwarts, where I attained both my OWLs and NEWTs. After I finished school, I became a follower of Lord Voldemort; more, one of his inner circle. Actions I took while in his service led to the deaths of innocent people, and their blood is on my hands, to my everlasting regret. Yet, during what is now known as the first Voldemort War, I came to understand the evil into which I had fallen, so I chose to do something about it. I approached Albus Dumbledore, and undertook to serve as his spy among the Death Eaters, a commitment I kept until my death on Voldemort’s orders in the hour preceding the final stand of the Battle of Hogwarts. I am familiar both with the Muggle world and with the wizard world, and I have been in the counsels of both the Death Eaters and the Order of the Phoenix. It is the perspective I gained from these experiences that suits me to continue the work of Minister Shacklebolt to strengthen and restore Wizarding Britain from the divisions and harm caused by the Voldemort years.

From these experiences I gained a strong conviction that a Dark Wizard such as Voldemort, and the ideology of wizarding purity that he spread, must never again be permitted to hold sway in our society. Having lived on both sides of the conflict, I have a unique perspective on how this is best prevented. If I am elected, ensuring there will be no place for such an evil to grow in our society again will be the top priority of my administration. I propose a number of programs to further this aim:
• The work of the Auror Office and Magical Law Enforcement to identify and prosecute any criminals from the Voldemort era that remain at large will continue.
• The Ministry will institute programs to foster the integration of Muggle-raised wizards into society.
• We will approach other governments to form a framework for international cooperation against Dark Wizards.
• We will disband the Ministry’s Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. All Ministry contact with sentient non-humans will go through a new Department of Inter-Species Cooperation, and the nature of that contact shall reflect the wishes of each non-human community of the British Isles.

I was also, for many years, a teacher, Head of House, and Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I value the propagation and creation of magical knowledge, and will pursue policies to further both.
• We will work with other governments to form an international research group of talented wizards and witches to focus on problems that affect wizards everywhere.
• We will work to establish, in cooperation with the Ministries of other countries, a Wizarding University for interested graduates of Europe’s Wizarding secondary schools.

I am very pleased that Mrs. Molly Weasley has joined forces with me. Her loyalty to the Order and Albus Dumbledore were impressive, and I have no hesitation in placing my trust in her. She will faithfully act on my behalf so long as the policies I pursue are in the best interests of the wizard world, and her boundless energy, amply demonstrated by her raising of the seven Weasley children and full participation in the Order of the Phoenix during the second Voldemort War, are especially appreciated by me due to the limitations I face as a portrait. She will be my eyes, ears and hands in places my physical form cannot reach.

The mother and grandmother of a large family, Molly Weasley has insights and experiences I do not that bring diversity to the ticket. Nonetheless, we share similar views and are united in common goals. She shares my commitment to education, a value she has passed on to her children, among whom were two Hogwarts Head boys and several Hogwarts Quidditch stars. We both, in our own ways, fought with the Order of the Phoenix to oppose the Pureblood ideology that divided wizards from other beings, and deprived Muggleborn wizards of their magical birthright. Finally, as the mother and sister of victims of Voldemort, she shares my commitment to ensure that such evils will not be repeated.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:58 pm
Molly Weasley

I am proud and honoured to be running alongside such a fine candidate as Professor Severus Snape, a man for whom I feel the highest respect, admiration and gratitude, not just for the vital role he played in bringing down Lord Voldemort, but for the protection he gave to the Hogwarts students during his time as Headmaster, shielding them, my own daughter included, from the sadistic and brutal punishments of the Carrows.

I am sure many of you are wondering why I have chosen to stand alongside Professor Snape. As a young woman, after I finished Hogwarts, I hoped to pursue a career in the Ministry of Magic, but Fate intervened. With the impetuosity of young love I eloped with Arthur Weasley and put my career aspirations on hold while I raised our seven children. During the First Voldemort War none of my children was yet of Hogwarts age, but I was deeply affected by the war. My two brothers, Gideon and Fabian, were members of the Order of the Phoenix, and they were killed. I never forgot that tragedy. When Voldemort began to gain power once again, all of my children were already at school, and I knew I must join the Order and Dumbledore to help stop Voldemort from terrorizing the Wizarding World once again. Now that our children are grown up and starting families of their own, I am eager to fulfill my youthful hopes of a career of government service, and I am delighted that I can put my knowledge and experience to use in such a fulfilling role.

Professor Snape will, in my opinion, be an exceptional Minister of Magic. Not only is he a very knowledgeable and highly skilled wizard, but he is in the unique position of actually having been a Death Eater. Now I would like to say that I was a shocked as the next witch when Harry Potter revealed that Severus Snape had indeed been secretly working for Albus Dumbledore. I had my own personal reasons for thinking that Severus Snape was a loyal Death Eater, but there is no doubt now that Severus Snape dedicated his life to protecting Harry Potter.

Like many of us, Severus made mistakes in his youth, but few of us ever have to pay such a high price for our mistakes as Severus Snape did for his. The knowledge of his own responsibility for the death of a loved one has shaped Severus into the modest and humble man he is today. He is a man who was prepared to give up not just his life, but his honour, his reputation and the esteem of his colleagues.

Severus is not a man to do things by halves, and he will undoubtedly show the same dedication and commitment to his role as Minister for Magic as he did to the protection of Harry Potter and the defeat of Lord Voldemort. We have won the war, now we must establish peace - a lasting peace in which all magical people can feel safe and secure. To my mind there is only one man who can achieve this and that man is Severus Snape; a man who knows what motivates a youth to join a group such as the Death Eaters; a man who is familiar with the prejudice of Muggle against Magical people, as well as the prejudice of witches and Wizards against muggles and muggleborns. Severus Snape has seen the very worst that wizarding kind can do, and as such he is uniquely positioned to address the problems that the wizarding world face and prevent the rise of another Dark Lord.

I believe that Snape's life experiences give him the ability to be a great Minister. I feel my experiences as a wife, mother and Order member can help him as well.

Old October 24th, 2008, 2:52 am

Please take a moment to view the brief video advertisement that was produced to introduce the candidates to the Wizarding World.

Old October 24th, 2008, 3:10 pm

A Brighter Future Through Education

The Albus Dumbledore International Enchantment University
We propose to work with Continental governments to establish an international Wizard University. This would give students interested in continuing their educations after Hogwarts a place to hone their skills for a variety of professions, and would give a more frequent (and less dangerous) opportunity to learn about other cultures than the Triwizard Tournament currently does. It would also provide a venue for magical cooperation in research among scholars from many nations, which would lead to benefits for all Wizardkind.

This program would, initially, require an investment, though one that should pay out in the long run. The existence of a centralized place for advanced training in magic would allow us to shift some of the burden of advanced training for skilled professions including Aurors, Unspeakables, Healers, teachers, and more to the university. Cooperation with other governments would allow all who choose to participate to enjoy the benefits of increased economies of scale.

Muggle Studies Enhancement
We applaud the work of Headmistress McGonagall to heal the wounds of the war at Hogwarts, and would not dream of dictating to her or her staff how to teach their classes. Nonetheless the Ministry could be of assistance on matters such as bringing in Muggle guest speakers, considering that the pool of all relatives and friends of wizards who are already aware of the Wizard World is quite broad. In addition, we would encourage young people to take advantage of educational opportunities provided by the recently founded Charity Burbage Foundation. It is our hope that this will contribute to the integration of muggle raised children to the wizarding world, and indeed, wizarding children to the muggle world. We feel that this initiative will help us make great strides to eradicating the last of the dark prejudices we once knew too well.

Wizarding Work Experience
In conjunction with Hogwarts School, we intend to set up a programme to enhance the present career advice education with real-life work experience. The Wizarding Work Experience Programme will attempt to bring more students with Owl qualifications to the Ministry of Magic and other interested employers, so that they may see what happens in a profession of interest to them on a day to day basis.

We wish that all young people would have more interest in the world around them, and we believe that this is a way to achieve such a goal. It will allow muggle raised students to see more of the Wizarding World before they are cast into it in the search for a career best suiting them, and expose potential employers to muggle raised students likely to be qualified job seekers in the near future. We hope that this will enhance the learning experiences of our secondary school students. Further, these benefits can be obtained without additional costs - taking on students who have taken their OWLs for a summer, could free up Ministry employees from simpler, time-consuming tasks appropriate for a beginner.

International Research Programme
Our International Research Programmme, to take place in a number of Wizarding Institutions, not least ADIEU, as outlined above, will help us to foster more education and more abilities within our world. We feel that new achievements can be seen every day if this programme is introduced, and that the payback will far outweigh any payout. We endeavour to see to it that this programme brings new Wizarding communities and those developing communities, into the fold of International Relations, so that we may share our knowledge with other wizards, to make peaceful cooperation the order of the day.

Texture credit: Shivika's Corner
Image credit: boushh

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Last edited by arithmancer; October 24th, 2008 at 6:55 pm.
Old October 24th, 2008, 3:47 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

A Brighter Future through Integration of Muggle-Raised Children

-A Jumper for Every Child

This charitable organization, jointly founded by Professor Snape and Mrs. Weasley, provides clothing to all needy magical children. A Snape/Weasley Administration would engage in public/private partnership with this organization. Its message of a caring community reaching out with help and acceptance even before they reach Hogwarts age would be especially relevant to needy Muggle-raised children.

-Family Exchange Programme

We will propose a programme of exchange families, which would permit Muggle-raised children to spend time in the homes of Wizarding families with children of similar age, and children from those families, to spend time in the homes of Muggle family. This would provide friendly, real-life experience of Muggles to young witches and wizards in their formative years, while also familiarizing Muggle-raised magical children with Wizarding life outside of school.

-Wizarding Work Experience

This programme is outlined in greater detail in the section on Education. However, Muggle-raised children specifically will benefit more from this that others, because they lack the experience of hearing magical family and friends speak of their work lives, and thus have even less idea what the day-to-day work of wizarding adults is like. These children are also at a disadvantage in finding mentors and forming networks to help them towards career success – giving them a work experience will help them in this area as well.

Texture credit: weapon_icons
Image credit: boushh

Last edited by snapegirl; October 24th, 2008 at 3:58 pm.
Old October 24th, 2008, 4:20 pm
Qvack...

A Brighter Future Through Better Law Enforcement

Wizengamot

The authority of the Wizengamot will be fully acknowledged. Citizens in the past have been sent to Azkaban unjustly, therefore the right to a free and fair trial should be held as an unalienable right for all. If any new evidence is bought forward after a sentencing, the matter should be dealt with through the correct channels; no decision would be taken unilaterally.

In the past Wizengamot members have bent the rules to suit themselves. This will not be tolerated. No-one is above the law.

Should any member of the Wizengamot jury or witness and their family need protection, this will be made freely available to them, through Fidelius Charm, Auror guards and many other protection spells.

Azkaban

Dementors wreak horror and damage, we cannot sanction their alliance, for any purpose, with this Ministry. Their involvement with the Ministry could only serve to heighten the risk that society will, if again faced with terror and violence, succumb to their baser impulses of nature.

Tackling the Dark Arts

The work of the Auror Office and Magical Law Enforcement to identify and prosecute any criminals from the Voldemort era that remain at large will continue.

We will continue to monitor the use of the Dark Arts objects in order to quench the selling of these items. All persons suspected of wrongdoing will be brought before the Wizengamot for a full and fair hearing of their case.

We feel Hogwarts should continue to teach Defense Against the Darks Arts (DADA), for the obvious reason, that it is not possible to defend yourself against something you do not understand. It is imperative that our future generations know how to defend themselves and each other.

International Board to counter cross border Dark Arts problems

A new initiative to be set up will work against Dark Arts on an international level. We hope that this will help us to relate more with other nations and other communities of magical folk, while also serving a useful purpose in eradicating Dark Arts efficiently and effectively.

We consider an International Conference for communicating any dangers that need discussing and tackling. Ministers and their Law Enforcement officials from different countries, would be encouraged to attend meetings to update on latest developments. We fully intend to make sure that our people, our families, and our world are safer and more secure. The Counter Dark Arts movement will provide this assurance to help maintain a peaceful future.

Texture Credit: weapon_icons
Image Credit: boushh

THE DUCK.

Old October 24th, 2008, 4:41 pm
P.A. to Lucius Malfoy

A Brighter Future Through Community

A Jumper for Every Child

This charity was set up expressly to deal with youth integration and acceptance in our world. Both wizarding children and muggle raised children are to be involved- we feel that each child is just as valuable to our community as the next and none will be cut off from this benefit. We will search out those who are impoverished and in need of clothing and accessories, which will then be knitted by volunteers. We will raise funds for the purchase of additional clothing for such children. Finally, we will strive to raise the understanding of the public about the plight of the poor, neglected and orphaned children, who deserve every ounce of our love and affection.

The charity has already been widely accepted and has so far proved very successful. A lot of the work done is by the Witches Institute, an affiliate programme set up by Molly Weasley and her local community of witches to deal with issues such as parenting, gardening, local representation and community work. The Institute is an inspiration to witches across the globe, and is the counterpart of the muggle Soroptimist movement, to involve women more in society.

So far, some of the activities of the Institute for A Jumper for Every Child include selling pins and mini jumpers as doll clothes, involving children and adolescents in fundraising activities, not least of all one in Hogwarts School which was a huge success. A Triwizard style tournament is in the planning stages and Molly and Severus each have authored a book for the cause, proceeds from the sales of which will aid the charity.

Further to this, A charity Quidditch match between quidditch professionals and wizarding celebrities is also in the making, and the institute have enlisted the help of husbands, brothers, sisters and cousins in order to ensure that the charity continues, regardless of the outcome of the election proper.

Books authored by Severus Snape and Molly Weasley for Charity.

Books Written by Our Candidates For Charity:    

All Proceeds Will Go To

A Jumper for Every Child

Thanks to Sly_Lady For Providing the Advance Copies

Fashion show with Celestina Warbeck and Wierd Sisters support to help raise money for charity.

The Lovely Grounds of Celestina Warbeck's Manor:    

Location of the Fashion Show to Benefit

A Jumper for Every Child

Thanks to TreacleTartlet for the Photographs

Letter From Celestina Warbeck:    

Slogan credit: boushh. Books credit: Silver Ink Pot. Letter credit: Annielogic. Song and stitch-work credit: zgirnius.

Credit for avatar: rlf_icons
Credit for signature: Terry Pratchett and Paul Kidby.

Last edited by Annielogic; October 24th, 2008 at 4:57 pm.
Old October 24th, 2008, 7:42 pm

A Brighter Future Through Health and Social Welfare Programmes

Lycanthropy
  • Care Centres will be set up to provide support and development aid for all werewolf children. Younger children abandoned by their parents as a result of their affliction would be offered a permanent home in one of these centres. Children who live with their parents or guardians can also be accommodated there, if the adults are unable to have the children at home during the full moon, and can receive treatment with the Wolfsbane Potion on an outpatient basis if that is preferred by their parents or guardians.
  • The Ministry will also provide a safe place for adult werewolves. Here they can stay during the transformation period, when many feel weakened and ill, in addition to spending the full moon without any fear of being ridiculed or judged.
  • St Mungos will be provided with a fund so the Wolfsbane Potion would be supplied free to every man, woman and child who has been bitten. The Ministry would preserve the confidentiality of the patients, if the patients so wish. To further our idea that nobody afflicted by Lycanthropy should suffer unduly as a result of this condition, we intend to make it a civil offence to discriminate against werewolves.
  • We will enter into talks with the current Head of Hogwarts, which we would like to be open to werewolf children. We will work alongside the teachers to ensure those affected would receive care for their condition through an outreach clinic of the Care Centre located near Hogwarts. Care will also be made accessible at ADIEU -- The Albus Dumbledore International Enchantment University. Further research will take place here, with a view to finding a permanent cure for this condition.
Orphanage/Care Centre
We have plans to initiate an orphanage combined with a care centre, for those children who are in need of shelter and safety, due to the lose of family, neglect or abandonment. This would serve as an extension to the Care Centre plan of action, and would provide more integration, care and acceptance for those children finding themselves without domestic support in their hardest times. These children will be provided with caregivers, warmth and medical support with respect to their condition. This would ensure that they are neither forgotten nor abandoned, as many before them have been.

A Jumper for Every Child
The 'Jumper' charity will provide clothes for the children in the Orphanages and Care Centres, both homemade jumpers and other useful articles to make all children feel welcome and appreciated.

Texture credit: sweetgirl7808
Image Credit: boushh

All was well.

Old October 24th, 2008, 10:43 pm
P.A. to Lucius Malfoy

A Brighter Future Through Magical Beings, Magical Beasts and Natural Wildlife

Equality Programme

We feel and want to ensure that sentient beings, magical or otherwise, human or otherwise, are equally endowed with rights. We pledge to treat all magical communities in good faith, respecting their wishes, their views, and their traditions. We assure the public that prejudice, in a social or work context, will not be taken lightly by this ministry.

We propose to monitor and protect beings like dragons and unicorns in their natural habitat to guarantee their own safety, and as an assurance that they are not mistreated.

Any articles required for potions ingredients or other uses will be strictly recorded in an attempt to foster fair treatment of creatures we wish to treat with absolute respect.

Department of Inter-Species Cooperation

We will disband the Ministry’s Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. All Ministry contact with sentient non-humans will go through a new Department of Inter-Species Cooperation, and the nature of that contact shall reflect the wishes of each human or non-human community of the British Isles.

Here magical and non-magical beings can go for help and to speak freely, without fear of persecution or inequality. We feel an Ombudsman Office would be sensible for external investigations and inquiries. In the event of a tenuous situation arising, Liason officials would be sent to communicate with sentient beings who prefer and wish to manage their own affairs separately from wizards. We fully intend to respect such methods, and we feel that these procedures will lead to better wizard relations with sentient beings in this, and perhaps other, jurisdictions.

Plant Life

As we also feel that the wizarding world must work to preserve its plant and wildlife resources, we intend to ensure that all resources of this nature are properly taken care of. This will make sure that our world will be passed on to the next generation in the best condition possible. We further hope that this attitude will spread to a new generation and that this caretaking facility will become convention.

Screencap provided by boushh

Credit for avatar: rlf_icons
Credit for signature: Terry Pratchett and Paul Kidby.

Last edited by Annielogic; October 24th, 2008 at 11:10 pm.
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:29 am
Qvack...

A Brighter Future Through Economic Policy

Student Internships

Several of the social reform programs we propose would not have incremental costs; indeed, they might prove to save money. Internships for Muggle-raised students, for example – taking on students who have taken their OWLs for a summer, could free up Ministry employees from simpler, time-consuming tasks appropriate for a beginner.

Elimination of Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures

Restructuring the relationship of Wizarding Britain to the various communities of sentient magical beings from one of regulation and control (which requires many regulators and controllers) to one of diplomacy and respect for the self-determination of those communities, would lower the manpower needs of the Ministry, especially in the long run. Those resources could be shifted to other projects.

Albus Dumbledore International Enchantment University

The Wizarding University we hope to establish in cooperation with Continental Wizarding governments would, initially, require an investment, though one that should pay out in the long run. The existence of a centralized place for advanced training in magic would allow us to shift some of the burden of advanced training for skilled professions including Aurors, Unspeakables, Healers, teachers, and more to the university. Cooperation with other governments would allow all who choose to participate to enjoy the benefits of increased economies of scale.

Lycanthropy Policy

The one area of social reform we are proposing which will, without a doubt, cause a net expenditure of resources is that of dealing with the scourge of lycanthropy. Our proposals include confidential, voluntary distribution of Wolfsbane Potion to all affected witches and wizards at clinics in Hogsmeade and St. Mungo’s. Whether this expense can be offset by the savings realized from other sources will depend on the degree of interest in the werewolf population in this program. It is our hope that the legal reforms of the Shacklebolt Administration will indeed cause a groundswell of interest in this program. The consequent increase in peace of mind and general health in a segment of our adult population, and the reduction in the spread of this disease, is in our view well worth the expense.

Screencap provided by boushh

THE DUCK.

Old October 25th, 2008, 12:51 am
Dr Mrs The Monarch

These are letters Severus and Molly have recieved during the campaign

Professor Slughorn:    

My Dear Severus,

How delightful to hear from you, and what an amazing coincidence! It so happens that yesterday I spoke of you in a conversation with Mrs. Abernathy-Burke. She is, as of course you know, the current President of the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers. Such a talented woman, and most sociable too. She frequently arranges for me to speak at the Society’s annual conference, which this year was held in Budapest. She had invited me along with a select group of attendees to most delightful little restaurant that could be imagined, with a fine view of the Danube and a Tokaj on their wine list that may be the choicest dessert wine I have tasted. I plan to visit the vineyard before heading back to England to obtain a case, I think it will go smashingly with crystallized pineapple.

“I taught Severus Snape, you know,” I told her. “He is a first-rate mind, a deep and creative thinker. I always knew that boy would go far. His recent book is most impressive, particularly the exposition of theory and how it affects the choice of ingredient and stirring technique.”

But enough about me, my dear fellow! I know you want my opinion on your campaign! Indeed, the same creativity I mentioned to an august group of international potioneers is on display in your educational programme:

Quote:

We propose an exchange program where Muggleborns can spend time in a Wizarding household and vice versa.
Quote:

A third idea focuses on internships within the Ministry for fifth year students and above. Molly and I believe this will be a fine addition to the career advice given at Hogwarts. Students who are interested in Ministry work will get hands-on experience and help from the professional who work within.
These are capital ideas, Severus! It is never too early to start forging connections, I always say. And the Muggleborns are at a disadvantage in this, though you and I both know, of course, that great witches and wizards have come from that background.

Quote:

A similar idea is creating a International Wizarding University that can help students further their education in their desired fields.

Brilliant idea, this! Minister Andras Babai, a real up and comer in the Hungarian Ministry and a dear friend, heads the Hungarian Department for the Regulation and Promotion of Magical Research. He gave the welcoming address at the conference. We chatted at teatime later that day, and he was lamenting the dearth of opportunities for international collaboration by Wizarding scholars. Your proposed University, in additional to the valuable educational opportunities it would afford to students, would serve as an ongoing center for such activities. He would be an excellent contact for your administration, as you work to get this idea implemented.

I wish you the best in your campaign. Do pass on my regards to the delightful Molly Weasley, as well.

Yours sincerely,

Prof. H. E. F. Slughorn, Ret.

Remus Lupin:    

Dear Molly,

What a pleasure it is to hear from you. I can always count on you to tell us how our son, Teddy, is doing. My hope is that he has a more peaceful world to grow up in than Tonks and I did. I am not surprised that you are planning to run for office as Deputy Minister. You are a determined person and will work hard to achieve your goals.

I would like to comment on these parts of your letter:

Quote:

Severus and I each feel that all children need to be integrated more in the wizarding world, to avoid feelings of isolation at a young age.

To this end, Severus himself suggests programs to more fully introduce Muggle-raised children into Wizard society, as well as opening Hogwarts to all students affected by Lycanthropy. In aid of this, he also presses to provide Wolfsbane Potion to all those who wish to receive it. No child will be forgotten in the Snape/Molly administration, Remus. That’s a promise.

I am gratified to see that Severus wants to improve life for the children that feel isolated. It isn’t easy being different from others . Muggle raised children need someone to tell them why they can do things that others can’t do. Their parents cannot explain what they don’t understand. A program to make sure that these children are contacted early in their lives is one that I would support.

Wolfsbane Potion made my life bearable. I was grateful to Severus for providing it during my year of teaching at Hogwarts. Every werewolf who wants to take the potion should have access to it. Severus knew how important it was to me and took great care in preparing it. I am sure that he would take great care with this program, too.

I wish you the best of luck with your campaign. Say hello to Arthur and all the members of your impressive family for us. Would you please give Teddy a hug and tell him it is from us.

Your friend,

Remus

Professor McGonagall:    

Dear Severus,

First of all, I would like to take a moment to congratulate you for your recent win in the latest Exit Poll; you and Molly have worked hard, and I truly believe you deserve your moment in the spotlight.

I've been reading about your platform; your plans and ideas, and I find them very interesting. I particularly approve of your plans to integrate muggle-born children to the wizarding society in a more comprehensive way; this was one of Albus' ambitions, so I'm glad to see you decided to work on that.

I also enjoyed your ideas in regards to Hogwarts and the education system in general; I'm sure that, if elected, you and Molly will do everything you can to enhance our students' experiences and possibilities.

I am deeply interested in many aspects of your proposed platform, so I will be following the elections closely and, when the times comes, I'll consider you as a worthy candidate to give my vote to.

Thank you for taking some time to inform you about some aspects of your campaign; I know you must be extremely busy right now.

Best of luck to you and Molly,

Minerva McGonagall

Last edited by snapegirl; October 25th, 2008 at 1:08 am.
Old October 25th, 2008, 2:02 am
Molly Weasley

I never honestly thought that we would reach this day. Take a look around, and see the wonderful changes that have occurred in only ten years. The past is gone now, and even though our children saw bad times, our grandchildren will not. This is the promise of the Snape/Weasley campaign.

It has been the biggest honour of my life to run for Minister alongside Severus Snape, a hero of the war and a man full of brilliant ideas for a bright future. I know I made the right choice in choosing to run with him in this election. I have no doubts in his abilities, his hopes and aspirations, or his dedication. He knows how to make this world a better place- and his is a campaign that has stretched from charity work with children to preservation of wildlife.

Our healthcare policies, community work, financial strategies and educational aids will lead to easier integration for muggle-raised children, more opportunities for all students, more research to beat Lycanthropy, and more hope for those with this condition. I know that we have made the right choices and that we are the right ticket for this position. We will make life the best it can be for the students, children, Ministry workers, and everyday witches and wizards of our world. There can be no larger dreams, but we intend to make them a reality.

I do so love hearing Teddy and my grandchildren playing at the Burrow, their voices ringing out with laughter- they are not threatened or unsafe. I am so proud when I look at them to think that they are all a part of my family. It is these children, and their peers, that we seek to aid. The world will be handed on to them in a few years, and we intend to see to it that their idealism is fostered, that they have the best opportunities, and that their generation is not riddled with the prejudices we suffered in ours. They are the future, after all.

This is a candidacy that believes in equality, liberty and justice above all else. I would not have it any other way- this is the path to the future, and it will be a good future. We will never forget the losses we once suffered or the tyranny we survived- but neither will we forget the good times we shared with family members and friends now gone beyond the veil. It is in their honour that I seek election- for my brothers, for my son, and for my friends, I hope to lead the Wizarding World in future challenges, countless though they might be. It is a hard job, but one to which I am willing, able and ready to commit.

We can now, at long last, go in the direction of our dreams. We can finally live the life we imagined for many years. It is finally available to us heal our society- and we are so very close now, I can feel it! I know that Severus and I have no intention of giving up. We will brew up a brighter future, for you and yours. This is our promise to you.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References > The Quibbler > Quibbler Breaking News > News archives > Minister for Magic Elections