Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time?

Old August 12th, 2003, 2:15 pm
Fifth Year

How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time?

People have talked about this but I'm sure no one's posted about it yet. But do any of you guys think that something "chaotic" will occur or some type of event will drive Harry out of Privet Drive. What I mean is, how you think Harry will get back to the wizarding wrld? In book2, the Weasley boys drove him out; book3, he ran away from Privet and escaped on a Knight bus; book4, Weasleys came and got him; book5, he was taken to Gp12 by Order members. Do you think he will be picked up again or something terrible will happen that will make Harry leave. Some people have said there might be an attack on the Granger family that will make Harry want to go help them. I seriously doubt this, but if something like this DID happen, I figure it would be a trap by Voldemort to lure Harry to him.

Last edited by Auror77; February 17th, 2005 at 10:43 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2003, 2:23 pm
Fifth Year

I don't think we'll ever see another summer that Harry spends entirely at the Dursleys. I think in book 6 he will probaly end up with ROn or the order. I doubt there will be an attack on HErmione's family, though we can't really be sure can we

with your babies breath
breathe symphonies
come on sweet catastrophe
Old August 12th, 2003, 2:43 pm
Banned

Since Harry might be tought how to apparate early on in the coming book, Harry may be able to apparate from the Dursley's house to Grimmauld place, or to the Burrow, etc. I don't think that we will be seeing another monstrous outburst or event at Privet Drive.

Old August 12th, 2003, 2:54 pm
First Year

i think that in book 6 Harry may not even leave privet drive at all...i dont thikn harry would do something rash like leave the place were he is most protected knowing that Voldemort is out to kill him and i dont think dumbledore would take him out of that protection unless he found another way to keep him safe...I think that Harry will stay at Privet drive while dumbledore keeps him informed on whats going on to protect people from Voldemort but nothing that exciting will happen until harry goes to hogwarts

Old August 12th, 2003, 3:01 pm
Master of the Dark Arts

Well, i'm one of those who think there's an attack on the Grangers coming. I have a feeling he'll be taken away by Order members again. One theory i heard and liked is he had another dream, but this time the Grangers were being attacked, but he doesn't know if it's just another trap. However, members of the Order then turn up, tell him what happened and take him to either the Burrow or 12G.

The attack on the Grangers, unlikely as it sounds makes sense. We were told to watch the second movie for hints about future events and there was a scene where Lucius Malfoy gives the Grangers the eye. "...and your parents...muggles, aren't they?" - remember that line? Which was then followed up in GOF by Voldemort asking Lucius if he's up for a spot of muggle torture. With Hermione being so close to Harry, that is the perfect starting point.

On another note, this may be better suited to another thread regarding Harry's summer at the Dursleys, i'm not sure where it is though.

Old August 12th, 2003, 3:05 pm
Second Year

Heres a thread all about the predictoins for Harry's summer if you want ot take a look at it. Here ya go:

http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=14051

Old August 12th, 2003, 3:07 pm
Master of the Dark Arts

There we go. Thanks Hazel.

Old August 12th, 2003, 3:08 pm
First Year

It is quite possible Lord Voldemort could very well come to 4 Privet Drive (or perhaps another death eater). Getting Harry to leave a bit early in the summer, But I also think there will be a change in Harry. He will want to stay at Privet drive as I finally believe that 2 of the Dursleys will be more accepting of Harry... Aunt Petunia definately has some skeletons in her closet, I think Harry will find out about them, and also find out exactly what is going on with her. I think of all people she may know very well that Mrs. Figg is a squib, and it is quite possible that she did at some point, have some sort of good relationship with some Wizards/Witches. Secondly, Dudley. I read the last book and it was apparent to me that Harry and Dudley were getting comfortable around eachother. Big D almost got the kiss by the Dementor, and Harry saved him. Mrs. Figg, and Mrs. Dursley both verified that. Anyways, I believe that Mr. Dursley will still have some resentment, but he'll tow the line because the rest of the family has swung a different way.

Furthermore, I don't think Harry will make ANY contact with anyone for most of the summer (until Mid-August). The mood he had by the end of the last book was that of a person who wanted to hide under a rock. The death of Sirius will make him act this way, I also think he will be reamed by Hermione if this is the case. Ron will be the middle piece again, where he is neither here nor there.
It should be an interesting summer, as he finally gets his OWL test scores. I'm betting he will do pretty well. He will get what he needs. Hermione will score the highest the school has seen in a long time, and Ron will do a tad worse than the other 2, but will still fare pretty well. The surprise will be that Neville does very well as well.

Old August 12th, 2003, 4:35 pm
Sixth Year

I kind of hope that Harry will spend the entire summer with the Dursley's, it would be kind of funny for Harry to have to go to London, and the Dursley's would have to take him. I don't think there will be an attack of Hermione's family. I certainly hope not.

Old August 12th, 2003, 5:18 pm
Fifth Year

Well, I hope there isn't an attack or anything because that would be so sad seeing Hermone's parents die or something. I'm betting Harry will find out he did pretty good in his O.W.L.S. Particulary in Defense Agaisnt The Dark Arts. Anyway, so far he's never had a normal summer at the Dursleys since he began attending Hogwarts and inlight of Voldemort's return, I still have an uneasy feeling.

Old August 12th, 2003, 5:20 pm
Prefect Emeritus

If the Dursley house is the safest place for Harry, then it's probably where he's not going to be.

I really hope that the Dursleys are horrible to him. I want them to conjure all their skills of cruelty to small boys and use them on him. I'm counting on it.

Because I want to see the reaction of the Order if they did...

Old August 12th, 2003, 5:27 pm
Third Year

I don't think Harry will learn to apparate over the summer. You have to be 17 to take the test and he won't even be 16 until a month before they return to Hogwarts. I think apparating will be a class like the flying lesson they had in first year, only more than one!

I think Harry may have his least trying summer ever. I think though this time, the Dursleys won't mind him watching the news and will keep asking him if he spots anything that might be bad in the news.

I think Voldemort, now that everyone knows he's back, will definitely be trying some things. Not sure that he would bother with the Grangers. If he wanted to get at someone close to Harry, he'd go for the Weasleys.

In GoF, the muggle-torture Voldemort speaks of is what happened at the Quidditch World Cup. He isn't offering him an assignment.

GoF, ch. 33, The Death Eaters
"Lucius, my slippery friend," he whispered, halting before him. "I am told that you have not renounced the old ways, though to the world you present a respectable face. You are still ready to take the lead in a spot of Muggle-torture, I believe? Yet you never tried to find me, Lucius... your exploits at the Quidditch World Cup were fun, I daresay ... but might not your energy have been better directed towards finding and aiding your master?"

Old August 12th, 2003, 7:55 pm
First Year

They can't have a apperating class at Hogwarts, remember you can't apperate or disapperate inside the grounds. When are you going to read "Hogwarts a History"!?! I think that he won't even really talk to the Dursleys b/c hes upset by Sirius' death. Hermione will probally send him a owl when the O.W.L. results come to see what he gets. So he won't be that seperated from the wiz world

Old August 12th, 2003, 8:26 pm
Fifth Year

i've just realised something. ever snce Harry's first year, he's never stayed a full summer at the Dursleys. I can't believe I missed that.

Old August 28th, 2003, 7:15 pm
First Year

What do you all think about Harry returning to Grimmauld's Place (or is it Grimmauld)? Even though Sirius is dead, I have a feeling that Grimmauld's Place will inspire him to avenge his death. Also... what do you think about the pictures on the walls? Somehow, Sirius's mother's picture MUST play a part in this. JKR never leaves things unexplained (plus, S's mom is immensely annoying. )

Old August 28th, 2003, 8:07 pm
Second Year

1) if Harry spends the whole summer at the Dursley's- which could be very interesting- he will hve a lot of help and support from his friends.
2) One must obviously have to be trained in apparation before getting their license at 17, perhaps a learners permit at 16??
3) The only thing that would "drive" Harry out of Privet Dr. is a need to learn and train for his destiny. He must shut V out, he must control his emotions, he must learn to use all his powers.

Old August 28th, 2003, 8:50 pm
Fourth Year

He'll leave Privet Drive, but I don't think he'll be so mad he'd want to leave or forced to leave. At least, I'd like to think the Dursley's will act civilized after being confronted by the Order and what happened to Dudley the previous summer.

I hope if he leaves it's to go to the Order. I'm dying to know if they'll be staying at Grimmauld Place with Kreacher still there.

OR

I can't help, but think that maybe there could be an attack on the Grangers.

Old August 30th, 2003, 9:43 pm
Knower of things

I think that Harry only needs to spend part of every summer in privet drive and not the whole one.....I never thought of the possiblity of an attack on the Grangers...quite an intersting possiblity

Liselle

Old August 31st, 2003, 5:44 am
Seventh Year

Hmmm. The twins send him a sample of their new Double Activated Dung Bombs and it accidentally explodes! That would drive everybody out of Privit Drive.

Old August 31st, 2003, 5:56 am
Banned

Well, Harry can't just sit at Privet Drive all the time and then have the Dursleys take him to King's Cross - it's not safe. I bet he'll be at 12GP before the summer is done. I like the Hermione's-parents-attacked theory. We really have to see her parents more. Or maybe something about Krum? There's a reason JKR kept us thinking about him by making Hermione write that letter. He'll show up again.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies