Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Magical Masterpieces > Art History

Harry Potter Hasties! [ Remus Lupin, 7th Year ]

Old August 10th, 2009, 8:11 am
First Year

Harry Potter Hasties! [ Remus Lupin, 7th Year ]

...I'm not good at explaining my own works. Here are some (sloppy) sketches I did of our favorite Ravenclaw girls and my take on how they would be if they would be included in my really idiotic fan comic. These are just hasty sketches -- hence the word hasties -- and every pixel and every line I made and edited is accounted for. : 3

MEDIA : Pencil / Adobe Photoshop CS2 (color)

Feedback would be appreciated! Criticism is welcomed as well.

Thanks for looking!

~ TokioRosie

That's why I'm talking to you.
You are one of the rare people who can
separate your observation from your preconception.
You see what is, where most people see what they expect.

Harry Potter Fanart

Last edited by TokioRose; September 7th, 2009 at 8:44 am.
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:54 am
Winning Teamster

Re: Harry Potter Hasties! [ Luna Lovegood & Cho Chang ]

Ohhh, I love your 'hasty' style. Those look very good indeed.

Great characterisation, I think - Luna especially, I really think you got her perfectly. ANd I always like to see fan art which hasn't got any similarities to flm or book illustration - i.e. you don't draw a sketch of the actors as the characters (as many people do), but you draw as you yourself see the characters. And I think your visualisation is great!

I have to say about Cho, though, that I always saw her as looking more Asian (Chinese) than you do, and definitey not with green eyes (but seeing your user name and location, you might have a different view of that than I do!).

Do you have sketches of other characters as well? I'd love to see more!

haiku by Silwe Elessan

Proud to be in Ravenclaw
I served on the campaign which got Hermione and Neville elected as co-ministers of Magic

Last edited by Klio; August 10th, 2009 at 10:56 am.
Old August 11th, 2009, 8:24 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klio View Post
Ohhh, I love your 'hasty' style. Those look very good indeed.

Great characterisation, I think - Luna especially, I really think you got her perfectly. ANd I always like to see fan art which hasn't got any similarities to flm or book illustration - i.e. you don't draw a sketch of the actors as the characters (as many people do), but you draw as you yourself see the characters. And I think your visualisation is great!

I have to say about Cho, though, that I always saw her as looking more Asian (Chinese) than you do, and definitey not with green eyes (but seeing your user name and location, you might have a different view of that than I do!).

Thanks a lot for the feedback! It was really helpful. I think you got the bulls-eye with Luna, I always make it a rule not to base my fanart over actors/actresses playing them & the official art because I think it defeats the idea of fan-made art and, well, cheating, LOL. And I got a lot of help with the details off the book; Miss Rowling describes them so vividly it's hard not to get a clear picture.

As with Cho, I sort-of cheated! I based her off this:

She's Aragaki Yui, a Japanese actress. I don't really want to Cho look like cliched with the super chinky eyes and all that. I always imagined her as a really pretty Japanese pop star. :3 I think I went too far with the hazel eyes though, sorry.

As for other character sketches, I do have some! I have a Ginny and Hermione hastie, but I'm still in the process of editing them. Thanks again!

Harry Potter Fanart
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:04 pm
Second Year

I love how you drew Cho! She's so beautiful and I can imagine Harry having a crush on her! I love how you gave her a messy bun. That is always cute!

Old August 15th, 2009, 12:30 am
Second Year

Quote:
Yeah me too! There really good! Luna is just brilliant and for some reason I absolute love her eyes!
Cho is awesome too! And I love her and Luna's hair!

I could say 'I love you' - and I do. You're the only one I want - now and forever. The only future I want lies with you...
Take my heart with you. It follows you ... Always
I love a good romance, me

"...and to you, if you have stuck with Harry until the very end."
Old August 15th, 2009, 4:34 am
Fourth Year

Both of those are incredible! I do have my own visualization for each of the characters when I read but it's so hard not to get the movie personas stuck in your head. Seeing these definitely helps scare them away. ^_^

Old August 15th, 2009, 11:50 pm
Winning Teamster

Thanks for the pictures of the model for Cho - she looks very nice indeed (though I have to admit I think the actress they got for the films looked very good, too!). Now I dee where you are coming from. I agree, there is no need to go super-stereotypical Asian at all!

Can't wait to see more.

haiku by Silwe Elessan

Proud to be in Ravenclaw
I served on the campaign which got Hermione and Neville elected as co-ministers of Magic
Old August 16th, 2009, 8:49 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanduhrae View Post
I love how you drew Cho! She's so beautiful and I can imagine Harry having a crush on her! I love how you gave her a messy bun. That is always cute!
I'm glad you like Cho; thanks a lot for taking the time to see my works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbouthp View Post
Yeah me too! There really good! Luna is just brilliant and for some reason I absolute love her eyes!
Cho is awesome too! And I love her and Luna's hair!
Haha, I love doing messy hair! They're always fun to sketch; Hermione's going to be insane though, hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActingDude17 View Post
Both of those are incredible! I do have my own visualization for each of the characters when I read but it's so hard not to get the movie personas stuck in your head. Seeing these definitely helps scare them away. ^_^
Ooh, I agree with you on this one! It's hard to get Dan Radcliffe out of my head whenever I'm imagining Harry and I'm having the same trouble with Hermione as well, haha. Forbis makes fantastic HP fanart too, if you want to see more. Thanks again, I'm glad you like my sketches!

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures of the model for Cho - she looks very nice indeed (though I have to admit I think the actress they got for the films looked very good, too!). Now I dee where you are coming from. I agree, there is no need to go super-stereotypical Asian at all!

Can't wait to see more.
No need to wait, , I've just finished cleaning up the scan and coloring Ginny in. Who ever said hasty sketches would take three days to finish? I promise to be more constant, really, and I'm trying my best. :3 Thanks for the positive comments, I'm really happy everyone liked my stuff.

Ginny Weasley:

Media: 0.5 mechanical pencil | Adobe Photoshop CS2 (coloring)

By the way, is anyone interested in the Marauders? I'm starting to make comic strips about them (not in my hasty style, though -- Something like this) and I want to make a test drive at the CoS Forums to see if anyone likes it! I'll be posting Sirius' and Remus' profiles soon, if my reluctance goes away. Haha.

Harry Potter Fanart

Last edited by TokioRose; August 16th, 2009 at 8:50 am. Reason: Missing sentences. Grammar fail. XD
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:18 pm
Winning Teamster

Lovely Ginny picture!

I am always unhappy about art that makes Ginny too much like merely a model - very beautiful, in a sort of 'fashion model' way. I see her more as pretty in a tom-boyish way: it has to be clear that she is the worthy sister of Fred and George! That way, Ginny doesn't look like Harry's mother - I think there is a lot of art out there where the difference is difficult to tell, and that's a bit creepy, to be honest.

I think you capture Ginny perfectly - that mischievous side of her, but combined with a lovely personality. I love it.

I have absolutely no idea about manga - so I can't imagine how you'll do a Marauders strip in the style of the picture you posted.

But keep them coming, I say! There can't ever been too many Marauders related pictures around.

haiku by Silwe Elessan

Proud to be in Ravenclaw
Old August 18th, 2009, 12:04 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokioRose View Post

Haha, I love doing messy hair! They're always fun to sketch; Hermione's going to be insane though, hahaha.

I'll be posting Sirius' and Remus' profiles soon, if my reluctance goes away. Haha.
Oh please, please, please, please! I want to see more! It will be really cool to see your take on them!
Haha can't wait for Hermione then! That, I can imagine being completely wild!

By the way, Ginny is awesome. Rosy cheeks, freckles. LOVED it
Can't wait for more!

I could say 'I love you' - and I do. You're the only one I want - now and forever. The only future I want lies with you...

Last edited by madbouthp; August 18th, 2009 at 4:17 am.
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:45 am
First Year

Harry Potter Hasties! [ Trio! ]

Quote:
Oh please, please, please, please! I want to see more! It will be really cool to see your take on them!
Haha can't wait for Hermione then! That, I can imagine being completely wild!

By the way, Ginny is awesome. Rosy cheeks, freckles. LOVED it
Can't wait for more!
Haha! Again, thanks a lot! ♥! I've only recently got a tablet, so I'm pretty sure my updates will be more constant so -- yay! :3 I'm quite nervous about the boys (Harry, Ron, Draco, Neville) though, I'm going to work hard on them nonetheless. Girls (♥) are easier to draw, for me. :3

Quote:
Lovely Ginny picture!

I am always unhappy about art that makes Ginny too much like merely a model - very beautiful, in a sort of 'fashion model' way. I see her more as pretty in a tom-boyish way: it has to be clear that she is the worthy sister of Fred and George! That way, Ginny doesn't look like Harry's mother - I think there is a lot of art out there where the difference is difficult to tell, and that's a bit creepy, to be honest.

I think you capture Ginny perfectly - that mischievous side of her, but combined with a lovely personality. I love it.
Definitely think so too. It makes me laugh to think people try and make her as Lily Evans Version 2.0 (lol) when it comes to their fanart & there are times when her character gets misrepresented; i.e. dazzlingly beautiful with luscious ginger hair whereas I see Ginny as a feisty, independent young girl not afraid to speak her mind. And I always like it when Rowling describes her hair as a 'mane'. It's very Gryffindor-ish and not very Lily Evans.

Anyway, hello everyone, I just thought to let you know my updates will be more, uhmm, incessant for now and rather random since I just treated myself to a new tablet! I got it yesterday and the doodles have been coming ever since. XD

I've been practicing on doing some scenes from the book to make the thread and my works more interesting and more than just character profiles so, I hope you like them.

Harry has the worst hair in the whole entire world (or maybe I'm just horrible when it comes to him). I'm trying my best to improve my awful take for his hair! D< I have heaps of plans for this, really, even if it's just doodles and I'm thinking of adding minor characters as well. Anyway, I hope you like them! Feedback is much appreciated! Constructive criticism as well!

Harry Potter Fanart
Old August 25th, 2009, 3:03 am
First Year

Re: Harry Potter Hasties! [ Remus Lupin ]

Yay, Remus! ♥ My favorite character ever. Though, I think I got his hair color wrong, haha.

Harry Potter Fanart
Old August 25th, 2009, 7:28 pm
Winning Teamster

These are SO good!

haiku by Silwe Elessan

Proud to be in Ravenclaw
Old August 25th, 2009, 8:06 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I love your "hasties." They remind me of book illustrations, the illustrations you'd find inside children's novels, like Roald Dahl or Beverly Cleary.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:37 pm
I want to believe

Great drawings!

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:37 am
First Year

Quote:
These are SO good!

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. I'm so sorry for the sloppiness though, I'm still practicing coloring in Photoshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
I love your "hasties." They remind me of book illustrations, the illustrations you'd find inside children's novels, like Roald Dahl or Beverly Cleary.
D'aw, thanks alot! I hope you check my thread for future works soon! The book illustrations in Roald Dahl's books are just brilliant! I really like them a lot.

Mine is just plain sloppy at times. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusLupinFan View Post
Great drawings!
Thank you very much! I hope you come by to see more of my stuff.

Harry! :3 His hair still looks weird though. D8

I ♥ ten year old Ginny. This is what I imagine her looking like when Harry first meets the Weasleys in King's Cross. D'aw, I like it when she says, 'Good luck,' when JKR completely meant her to say, 'HAY HARREH DON'T U KNOW I'MMA BE YOUR FUTURE WIFE, SO JUST WAIT FOR ME ENTER FIRST YEAR SO I CAN DAZZLE YOU MMKAY?!' but I think she edited that part out.

She smiled at him and departed. Harry walked on, feeling quietly elated. He had managed to have an entire conversation with her and not embarrassed himself once… 'You were really brave standing up to her like that…' Cho had called him brave… She did not hate him for being alive…

As much as I dislike Cho, I really love drawing her, besides Hermione. :/ I still haven't got the chance to color and ink it properly though. :/

:P My sad try on drawing Death Eaters. But! There's a cute story behind it!

Spoiler: show
My little three year old sister could barely say my name but she knows and recognizes Dumbledore, Voldemort and, and Snape by heart (I've only discovered this last night)! X3 (She likes Potter Puppet Pals a lot so I guess that's why) It was so cute. She likes watching me draw on my tablet and well, pestered me for a Voldy & Snape picture. :3 She calls Harry 'Hawehpowah' though, haha. XD

That's my unabashed self clinging onto what appears to be Remus Lupin's arm. I'm so sorry for getting you into this mess Remus. XD But know that sad fangirls like me who has a small talent for drawing people (and cute noses) can do creepy stuff like this when they have their butts kicked by school/work.

Decent posts will come up soon (ish?). I promise! There will be Neville, Sev and well, Remus. XD

Harry Potter Fanart

Last edited by TokioRose; September 2nd, 2009 at 10:44 am.
Old September 4th, 2009, 7:18 am
First Year

Re: Harry Potter Hasties! [ Harry Potter ]

Sirius, 7th year! Finished this about an hour ago. I don't feel his smile though. It's weird. I still haven't finished Sev or James. Thanks, work.

Harry Potter Fanart
Old September 6th, 2009, 12:48 am
Second Year

Re: Harry Potter Hasties! [ Sirius Black ]

Oh my God, I have missed so much since I last posted!

They are soo good! I am totally in love with the 10 year old Ginny and Cho ones! And Harry, Remus & Sirius are amazing! And I quite like Harry's hair!

I'm going to start to run out of compliments!

Old September 6th, 2009, 10:31 am
First Year

Re: Harry Potter Hasties! [ Sirius Black ]

Quote:
Oh my God, I have missed so much since I last posted!

They are soo good! I am totally in love with the 10 year old Ginny and Cho ones! And Harry, Remus & Sirius are amazing! And I quite like Harry's hair!

I'm going to start to run out of compliments!
D'aw, thank you. I promise I'll post decent stuff starting with this one:

Remus Lupin, 7th Year made with SAI. I think this is the only one I'm satisfied with. :P

Harry Potter Fanart
Old September 7th, 2009, 5:55 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Re: Harry Potter Hasties! [ Remus Lupin, 7th Year ]

Wonderful. Very unique and original.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Magical Masterpieces > Art History