Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v.6

View Poll Results: How important is it to you that they stay true to canon in The Flaw in the Plan?
Very! Only if it matches exactly what I see on page will I be satisfied with what I see on screen. 33 17.55%
It's important; I would prefer them keeping it canon, but minor changes won't bother me. 136 72.34%
Mildly; I don't mind if they change Narcissa's or Hagrid's roles as long as the emotions are there. 24 12.77%
Not very; I kind of wasn't satisfied with the way it happened in canon so I'll welcome all changes. 9 4.79%
Not at all; I want it to be really different from the books. 1 0.53%
I'm ambivalent. 7 3.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:15 pm
First Year

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v.6

Im just ready to see if my guess is right where the split is....well I have 3 guess all around Pg 400 to Pg 450 but there is another around 476...Where they escape from the Malfoy's that would be a great split ending....but thats just me

Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Fourth Year

i really want to know where it will end BEFORE i go see it. That way its less jarring when it just suddenly ends

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:32 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasmanning View Post
In all Honestey the Comic Con footage will never see the light of day. Warner Brothers simply wont do that. I do however think that this footage will be used as a 2nd trailer to promote part 1. As far as test screenings i believe they will happen in August however i think WB will make the attendees sign a Iron Clad Confidentiality agreement so there not allowed to talk about it in order to keep the split point a secret. i dont think anyone will know the split point untill November 19th
On the internet, you are anonymous. So someone that see a test screening can easily spill the beans. Sure, WB can track them down, but it can be darn near impossible.

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:33 pm
First Year

I dont think it will just suddenly end....The area that I pointed out has plenty of spaces to fade out the movie...Where they are at the Shell Cottage is a perfect place to leave and comeback

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:37 pm
Fourth Year

Excellent!!! I like that idea rather than just a sudden abrupt end.

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:41 pm
Seventh Year

This was posted on hp forum and was originally posted on the comments of the mugglenet
Story on comic con
Quote:
"WB France have just posted this message on their site: ‘We can confirm that we have no plans to release the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows footage that was screened at Comic-Con last weekend. However, Potter fans should not be disheartened as we can confirm that in the coming days the first official theatrical trailer for Part 1 of the movie will be made available for viewing online. This trailer will also be available to see in mind-blowing 3D with the upcoming release of Piranha: 3D, August 20th. ’ "
I'm trying to look on wb france's site but
I'm having trouble finding it on my itouch

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:45 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasmanning View Post
Excellent!!! I like that idea rather than just a sudden abrupt end.

I dont think my heart can take a sudden stop lol

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:47 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccioHP View Post
This was posted on hp forum and was originally posted on the comments of the mugglenet
Story on comic con

Awesome!!! if it is indeed true. cant wait its going to be Legendary

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:51 pm
Seventh Year

And it says in the coming days. I wonder how soo. That is?
If anyone can find if WB France actually said this could you post the link? I'm looking as well

Also, didn't oclumencia report that we'd be getting pictures at the end of July?

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:00 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh View Post
All of the Marauder's Era actors are much older than they should be. It's more glaring that James and Lily don't look 21 since that's the age they were when they died. I think everything concerning this generation is already coming across as if they were much older than they were in the books. So I think it's possible that we'll see Rickman in any scenes that are around the time the Potters went into hiding and after.
WB seems to be releasing the casting in a piecemeal manner so maybe Alec Hopkins will still show up. Or perhaps a different actor in a shadowed hood so we'll be less aware of the change.

I doubt that they gave a first thought to AR playing the 20 yr old Sev. Not only the age gap but his voice would be too mature.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:04 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
I doubt that they gave a first thought to AR playing the 20 yr old Sev. Not only the age gap but his voice would be too mature.
Would it? Some 20 year old voices are quite deep and I personally wouldn't mind Rickman playing a younger Snape. And, as I mentioned in my previous post, make-up could be used to make him look younger than he really is. Just what I think, though.

Old July 27th, 2010, 11:09 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccioHP View Post
Story on comic con

Oh my gosh, yay! I'm so glad! We needed a Part 1 trailer!

Wants to see DH. Like now.
Gryffindors have the most fun
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:15 pm
First Year

Ive watched the part 1 trailer again just now and I think it way be later than I think when they make the cut.....hmmmmmmmm

Old July 27th, 2010, 11:24 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
WB seems to be releasing the casting in a piecemeal manner so maybe Alec Hopkins will still show up. Or perhaps a different actor in a shadowed hood so we'll be less aware of the change.

I think Hopkins or another younger actor may be in it, but I'm doubting that he will be in the scenes we are talking about. As I mentioned earlier, even the actors playing James and Lily (or the other Marauders) don't look close to being 21 years old in any of the footage. I think it's very possible that they might move everything up. For example, we could be dealing with a 30 something year old Severus in the memories when Harry is targeted and beyond. If that is the case then I think it would be fine to use Rickman and deal with his age somehow, whether it be with effects, lighting or make up. It would be more unbelievable to me to have a 20 something year old person playing him at that point and then having Rickman playing him a mere 17 years later. It would make more sense given the ages of the actors to have there appear to be a gap of many years between 5th year at Hogwarts and when Snape turns to Dumbledore for help. The only real problem I have with this is that it would make it seem like Snape was a DE for much longer than he actually was in the books, but I can live with that.

Old July 27th, 2010, 11:27 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack5555 View Post
On the internet, you are anonymous. So someone that see a test screening can easily spill the beans. Sure, WB can track them down, but it can be darn near impossible.
Anyone can write about what they saw, yes. But those who had access to the original footage (be it a dvd or film) would be VERY limited and they would definitely be under contract not to let anyone copy/reproduce that footage.

That being said, I'm surprised none of the fans had their cell phones out to video record some of what they saw, but it's possible that they were warned to put away all recording devices for this particular event (or be kicked out.) etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh View Post
I think Hopkins or another younger actor may be in it, but I'm doubting that he will be in the scenes we are talking about. As I mentioned earlier, even the actors playing James and Lily (or the other Marauders) don't look close to being 21 years old in any of the footage. I think it's very possible that they might move everything up. For example, we could be dealing with a 30 something year old Severus in the memories when Harry is targeted and beyond. If that is the case then I think it would be fine to use Rickman and deal with his age somehow, whether it be with effects, lighting or make up. It would be more unbelievable to me to have a 20 something year old person playing him at that point and then having Rickman playing him a mere 17 years later. It would make more sense given the ages of the actors to have there appear to be a gap of many years between 5th year at Hogwarts and when Snape turns to Dumbledore for help. The only real problem I have with this is that it would make it seem like Snape was a DE for much longer than he actually was in the books, but I can live with that.
I am perplexed about how they will do this. Alec Hopkins has been surprisingly silent on the matter, which makes me think he is in. That and his tiny little cameo in THE HBP make me think WB considered him worthy of a reprise in the later movies. Again, I will also remind people that it is possible to make an much older actor's face look YEARS younger with computer effects (erasing age lines & spots, lighten the weight of the face, etc.) Considering how much WB is investing in the effects already this might be an option for Snape the Spys early teacher years ("I wish I were dead") at Hogwarts age as well.

I could see something like this:
Young boy "Sevy" Pre -Hogwarts and/or on the train, = TBA boy actor
Teenage Snape being rejected by Lily, and/ or overhearing prophecy = Alec Hopkins / Rickman with effects. (depending on how they shoot it and if this is included.)
Young Adult Snape on the hill and/or after Lily is dead = Alan Rickman with computer effects to remove aging and they could also lighten his voice to make it sound younger. IMO, This wouldn't be too hard since they're already adding effects for the memories anyway.

Having the Hopkins' Snape on the Hill scene (IF <--big IF---< it's even included) too close to Rickman Snape's -"I wish I were dead" might be risky, but they might expand the amount of aging between the prophecy and the time Lily dies. No time period for this has been established in the movies thus far, and since the mauraders/Snape are all played by older actors they could get away with a computerized-younger-Rickman taking the part after Lily's death- IMO.

One quesiton remains: how does Alec Hopkins Sound? If he has a sound distinct from Mr. Rickmans "drainpipe" tenor, that might be a noticeable problem BUT.... notice we never heard Hopkins voice in OOP, so that might not matter at all! They could dub his lines and meld him with Rickman's computer-younger-voice anyway. All this would make the scenes flow pretty well. IMO. But that's a lot of guesswork on my part.

Last edited by Bscorp; July 27th, 2010 at 11:53 pm.
Old July 28th, 2010, 12:26 am
Second Year

I hope the trailer does come out on August 20. I think we need to see something...I mean it doesn't seem fair to show it there and deny the rest of the fans, who couldn't go, the same footage.
I wish they would include the lynx instead of a ball of light. Sorry I know that was a page or two ago but I had to say that.
I think it would be cool to use a younger Snape in the memories. I'd like to get to see Alan Rickman do those scenes if possible. But doesn't that also mean they would have to alter the appearance of Dumbeldore to make him younger? Wouldn't it seem weird to have Snape look younger while Dumbledore is the same? Even if he is 150, as Ron guesses in HBP, he would still look a little different years ago.

Old July 28th, 2010, 12:27 am
Fourth Year

I honestly think they will use a younger actor to portray snape. People,s voices change as they get older. Young snape will not sound as he does today so the sound of his voice will not be a problem

Old July 28th, 2010, 12:37 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bscorp View Post

I am perplexed about how they will do this. Alec Hopkins has been surprisingly silent on the matter, which makes me think he is in. That and his tiny little cameo in THE HBP make me think WB considered him worthy of a reprise in the later movies. Again, I will also remind people that it is possible to make an much older actor's face look YEARS younger with computer effects (erasing age lines & spots, lighten the weight of the face, etc.) Considering how much WB is investing in the effects already this might be an option for Snape the Spys early teacher years ("I wish I were dead") at Hogwarts age as well.

I could see something like this:
Young boy "Sevy" Pre -Hogwarts and/or on the train, = TBA boy actor
Teenage Snape being rejected by Lily, and/ or overhearing prophecy = Alec Hopkins / Rickman with effects. (depending on how they shoot it and if this is included.)
Young Adult Snape on the hill and/or after Lily is dead = Alan Rickman with computer effects to remove aging and they could also lighten his voice to make it sound younger. IMO, This wouldn't be too hard since they're already adding effects for the memories anyway.
Yes, this is more or less what I am thinking. I think of the memories that were in the book the last one that could be used (unless they add something) with an actor other than Rickman would be the scene outside of the Gryffindor common room with Lily.

Quote:
Having the Hopkins' Snape on the Hill scene (IF <--big IF---< it's even included) too close to Rickman Snape's -"I wish I were dead" might be risky, but they might expand the amount of aging between the prophecy and the time Lily dies. No time period for this has been established in the movies thus far, and since the mauraders/Snape are all played by older actors they could get away with a computerized-younger-Rickman taking the part after Lily's death- IMO.
Yes, that's possible too. The only thing they've established is that Harry was a baby when he was killed. There could be a big time gap in there somewhere and you've listed another way of doing it. Younger Snape overhears the prophecy and then an older Snape meets Dumbledore on the hill years later when Voldemort targets Harry.

Quote:
One quesiton remains: how does Alec Hopkins Sound? If he has a sound distinct from Mr. Rickmans "drainpipe" tenor, that might be a noticeable problem BUT.... notice we never heard Hopkins voice in OOP, so that might not matter at all! They could dub his lines and meld him with Rickman's computer-younger-voice anyway. All this would make the scenes flow pretty well. IMO. But that's a lot of guesswork on my part.
He has a fairly deep voice, but I don't think it matters if he doesn't match Rickman's. I think the audience can suspend their disbelief on this. It's done in movies and tv shows all the time.

Old July 28th, 2010, 1:06 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
It would be more unbelievable to me to have a 20 something year old person playing him at that point and then having Rickman playing him a mere 17 years later.
Yeah i agree. I think the only young actor for Snape they would use is during the child/teen scenes.

Pottermore: PatronusBat
Please do not add me on Pottermore without owling me first! Or else my wand will speak for me!
Old July 28th, 2010, 2:29 am
Fourth Year

i do not think we will see snape playing his younger self that just wont happen. no ifs and or butts about it.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References