Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.2

Old February 26th, 2011, 11:02 am
Embroidered by imaginatio

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.2

Welcome to our second installment of the DH Part Two movie thread version one can be found here

Be aware: The purpose of this thread is to discuss any movie news coming from official sources only. You can discuss the movie plot based on the information we have so far. If you don't want to be spoiled, this isn't the thread for you.

Examples of things you may link to or discuss:
  • official trailers or TV spots, such as those released on WB's official youtube account - NO ILLEGAL LINKS
  • leaked photos, but please no hotlinking
  • leaked scripts, but please take them with a grain of salt as no leaks are guaranteed genuine

Please put big stills/promotional material under expanded tags.
They look like this: [expand=Subject line]Pictures go here.[/expand]

Any questions about the running of the thread, also known as thread logistics, should go via owl to the mods.

Be polite to each other, respect each others opinions and please remember that we do not allow chatting in the thread (chat posts will be deleted).
Chatting can be done here: Pitchside: Halftime Chat v14

Now, this is not a thread to discuss DH1 or say how much you loved it or hated it or whatever it is your feelings may be. This is to discuss the final installment of Harry Potter films and where things will be going from here.

Last couple of posts from version 1:
lux_94:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_94 View Post
I would like to see the part of Voldemort and Harry battle, the Trio traveling and some parts that happens in the tent and the part when everybody is coming to Hogwarts for the battle.

ajna:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajna View Post
I would hope that they will remember and keep in that all people around them are people that are protected by the love of Harry's sacrifice. They should be there to show that.

Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2011, 3:06 pm
Registered Animagus

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.2

Okay i just caught up on the thread from when i was gone. I noticed in this interview with the production designer he talks a little bit about after Harry dies.

Link Snitchseeker
Quote:
I was just going to ask you about that King's Cross station scene at the end of the 2nd movie did you have to think about that for a while? sometimes when you're working on a scene do you have to sit on it for a while-- I mean do you just wait for all the research to come in and sort of spread it all out and just contemplate it for a few days?
SC: Absolutely that. I think flashes of inspiration are for me very hard to come by. I often sit in front of a blank sheet of paper and struggle and struggle and use the eraser a lot. but eventually something will form and something like that which is a difficult concept. You're talking about with Harry between life and death?
Yes. Yes. there's not a lot of direction about how the scene is so that's why i chose that to one to ask you about… it seems like you had to fill in a lot.
SC: We experimented a lot, quite honestly. I mean it was quite a protracted process really but we did experiment the sense of it being very burnt out very very kind of white--so we experimented with underlit floors, we experimented with different kind of white covering everything: white paint, white fabric, and the cameraman was involved in how much to expose it, and a series of camera tests were done, so we got there but with a great deal of preparation and research.
Well, given that the end result was very simple set, a very white platform surrounded with white walls and there'll be some visually enhancing effects put in, but there was a sketch that Andrew [Williamson] and I prepared that became a kind of template--and then we did all that experimenting. difficult to say how long--experimented over two or three weeks I'd say.
He acts like it is going to be all white. I know that i imagined the scene all white at first but then it fading into actually being King's Cross station. I guess it isn't quite clear but i sort of think he is suggesting it will stay sort of smokey white throughout the scene. I wonder how that will work with Dumbledore and the piece of Voldemort's soul. I hope they don't make the scene seem scary.

Old February 26th, 2011, 3:34 pm
Second Year

I imagined it an all white vacuum that gradually becomes more detailed. And in that detailed form, it is an all white, half-formed train station. So in my mind, the whole setting is very vague and unclear.

Old February 26th, 2011, 3:56 pm
Registered Animagus

I agree with gabriele87. A white set that would gradually become more detailed as Harry gets used to it, then when he realizes it is King's Cross, it would become very clear, but stay that cloudy white heaven-like setting.

Old February 26th, 2011, 4:02 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorey1 View Post
i always thinks it's rather a shame that trio never adopted robes when they were on the run. the front cover of DH book had the characters in billowing robes. it would have been nice to see what the actors would have looked like with robes.

mind you, if hermione's wearing bellatrix's clothes, what happens when they reach the vault scene?!?!

the enchanted water will make her morph back into herself and with all that burning metal i'd be surprised if hermione escapes looking modest.
i mean, bellatrix's clothes (if you can call them that) have always been on the scanty side...
I'm pretty sure Hermione and Ron were wearing robes on the US cover because the characters were both wearing robes when they broke into Gringotts. Hermione because she was polyjuiced as Bellatrix and Ron because he was disguised as a foreign wizard. From the "On the Run" featurette it looks like Hermione and Ron are still wearing their black robes when they get out of the lake so I'm sure they'll be wearing them in Gringotts.

In the book, they change into their final clothes as soon as they get out of the lake and they have an amazing moment where they all start laughing that I really hope will be in the film.

Old February 26th, 2011, 4:55 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Well, given that the end result was very simple set, a very white platform surrounded with white walls and there'll be some visually enhancing effects put in, but there was a sketch that Andrew [Williamson] and I prepared that became a kind of template--and then we did all that experimenting. difficult to say how long--experimented over two or three weeks I'd say.
These "visually enchanting effects" could possibly be the suggestion of endless scope despite the limited space in the room and the half-formed, vague outlines of the King's Cross platform. Craig's quotes definitely don't rule this possibility out.

Old February 26th, 2011, 5:03 pm
Fifth Year

Stuart Craig is a genius and I completely trust him in creating a convincing yet mesmerising effect for King's Cross. I can't see him messing anything up.

Old February 26th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen View Post
Stuart Craig is a genius and I completely trust him in creating a convincing yet mesmerising effect for King's Cross. I can't see him messing anything up.
I am absolutely confident that, between the conceptual work, design and VFX integration, the final product will be visually stunning, even in its minimalism. From Craig's comments, it sounds like a lot of thought was put into getting the right materials for the King's Cross scene. I'm also thrilled that they used some very practical materials, such as cloths, to create the right look of "white".

Old February 26th, 2011, 6:29 pm
Second Year

I agree with some of you. I think the King's Cross sequence will definitely be a misty/cloudy kind of thing up until Harry realizes where they are. I believe this scene is going to be absolutely stunning visually.

"Where are you now? Are you lost? Will I find you again? Are you alone? Are you afraid? Are you searching for me?"

~Proud Ravenclaw!~
Old February 26th, 2011, 6:34 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccioSeverus View Post
I believe this scene is going to be absolutely stunning visually.
I hope King's Cross is one of those wonderful rare moments in cinemas, where people are almost scared to breathe for fear of ruining the scene. I think it will look beautiful on screen and be very effective if Harry wakes up in this bare, white landscape in silence; with no music playing at all.

Just my opinion.

Old February 26th, 2011, 7:02 pm
First Year

I saw these on harrypotterforums.com and thought it would be an excellent idea!

logo:    

Seeing the logo burning would be epic

Last edited by Hes; February 27th, 2011 at 11:41 am.
Old February 26th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRC View Post
I saw these on harrypotterforums.com and thought it would be an excellent idea!
Burning:    

]

Seeing the logo burning would be epic
That looks... Violent! I wonder where those images came from? Are they real? Perhaps from the trailer?

EDIT: Ah, it turns out the user made them. They look pretty convincing, though! I like the user's comments that it'd be cool to pan down from this and see a burning Hogwarts.

Old February 26th, 2011, 8:01 pm
Second Year

Oh, wow! Shame those are edited, that would be one epic logo.

@Jallen: Burning Hogwarts with it would be... spine-chilling! Just absolutely amazing and awesome.

"Where are you now? Are you lost? Will I find you again? Are you alone? Are you afraid? Are you searching for me?"

~Proud Ravenclaw!~
Old February 26th, 2011, 8:48 pm
Second Year

dang...i thought that was like a picture of the movie! it looks pretty amazing, and i hope they at least use it for the trailer!

Old February 26th, 2011, 8:55 pm
Second Year

wow! i love the buring effect on the logo!!

i always kinda look forward to seeing the name of the film come up because each time they do it differently.

i loved how in DH1 they made the WB logo look like it was peeling apart with neglect (although the squeaking sounds it made sounded suspicously like the sounds the locket made) so i wonder what state it will be in for part 2?!?!

it would be funny if some of the letters dropped off and fell out of the sky to land on some poor, unsuspecting muggle down below

i really can't wait for the final film now. we've got to be getting a trailer soon!!! at this point, i wouldn't even care it was a 30 second teaser - as long as i get to see something

Until the very end.
Old February 26th, 2011, 9:11 pm
Fourth Year

im wondering what they will do with the WB Logo this time around? i love the idea of it being on fire but i doubt thats how they will do it but they always come up with something brilliant so we shall see. as far as the trailer im sure we will have it either just before the dvd is released in April or Right After.

Old February 26th, 2011, 9:33 pm
Second Year

I was just thinking..

We know Voldemort's going to get physically violent with Harry after Harry comes back to life. But do you guys think Harry is going to stand there and take it, or will he perhaps put up a fight of his own?

I feel that while we know Harry is not usually the kind of person to handle things lying down, with his Gryffindor pride/bravery and wanting to face Voldemort with his head held high and fighting until the end I think it might be more effective if he doesn't attempt to fight back.

What do you guys think?

As for the logo, they might just do the same thing they did in the joint Part I & II trailer. I'm hoping they do something new, especially if it's a burning logo, but I could see them just re-using the old one.

~Proud Ravenclaw!~
Old February 26th, 2011, 9:44 pm
Fourth Year

I read something about King's Cross a while ago, possible in Empire magazine, about the crew having to where protective glasses on set because the white was so bright in that scene when they were filming It sounds like they're really putting effort in to it, I can't wait to see it

I think if Harry does take a beating, which I think it's been suggested that he will, it will because he knows the end is near and that he doesn't need to fight back, he's not lashing out but being confident that it will all be over soon if that makes sense. I don't want him to seem weak at that point, so I hope that isn't how it comes across

And a burning logo would go great with the teaser poster! If there's a trailer on the horizon should we expect officially released stills soon?

Proud Pottermore and CoS Hufflepuff!
Old February 26th, 2011, 10:00 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasmanning View Post
im wondering what they will do with the WB Logo this time around? i love the idea of it being on fire but i doubt thats how they will do it but they always come up with something brilliant so we shall see. as far as the trailer im sure we will have it either just before the dvd is released in April or Right After.

there wille trialer by march 11

april is too late for 2 trailrs

Old February 26th, 2011, 10:33 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by acer View Post
there wille trialer by march 11

april is too late for 2 trailrs
March 11 OR March 25. We don't know which; it's possible there won't be one, either.

We'll just have to wait and see. Hey, perhaps they'll surprise us and make it something like... February 27th?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References