Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Once Upon A Time

Old February 19th, 2012, 11:34 pm
Member of the Order

Re: Once Upon A Time

A couple of thoughts;

Emma knows the truth when she hears it. (I need to remember this for every show)

The queen named Henry for her dead father.

I don't think Henry ever pointed out his relationship with..everyone it seems. Has he mentioned even once that Snow and James are his "grandparents?"

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2012, 12:37 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I haven't seen acknowledgment of Emma's "talent" since the first episode. Or maybe second.

2nd place, Nicest Member; 1st place, Hogsmeade Member of the Year

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old February 20th, 2012, 1:05 am
Member of the Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowGhoul View Post
I haven't seen acknowledgment of Emma's "talent" since the first episode. Or maybe second.
She knew "Hansel and Gretel" were lying.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

Old February 20th, 2012, 5:09 pm
Second Year

I love this show very much. Two things I want to add:
1) On the Stranger part: I hope they're not going to drag for too long on who or what he is. I don't want a lot of episodes to pass and we will still not yet know who/what he really is.
2) Belle, due to her magic kiss perhaps, knows who she is and was therefore quickly declared insane in the real world. The place looks very asylum-ish.

Old February 20th, 2012, 6:50 pm
Inconceivable!

Before I saw last night's episode, I was thinking that the stranger could have been Rumpelstilkin's missing son. After watching the show last night, I still think that the stranger could be the missing son. But it also could be someone else.

Now we know that the stranger is writing the book. If he used to be a fairy tale character, then he somehow retained all his memories when the evil curse hit. If he just found out the background stories from some other source, then what was it? Whatever the answer is, one thing is sure, he wants the truth to come out and for everyone to remember who they really are.

Could Gepetto have had time to build a second tree to send someone to safety before the curse hit? We haven't heard anything about Pinocchio, have we?

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old February 20th, 2012, 7:20 pm
Queen of Apathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
Before I saw last night's episode, I was thinking that the stranger could have been Rumpelstilkin's missing son. After watching the show last night, I still think that the stranger could be the missing son. But it also could be someone else.

Now we know that the stranger is writing the book. If he used to be a fairy tale character, then he somehow retained all his memories when the evil curse hit. If he just found out the background stories from some other source, then what was it? Whatever the answer is, one thing is sure, he wants the truth to come out and for everyone to remember who they really are.

Could Gepetto have had time to build a second tree to send someone to safety before the curse hit? We haven't heard anything about Pinocchio, have we?
Yes and last night I noticed he added/copied pages. There are theories that he is related to the Grimm brothers. I also like the ones about him being Rumple's son.

What I want to know is what happened to Abigail? Is that what happens when any of the characters try to leave Storybrooke? Is Regina responsible? It's seems almost too obvious that she did it. I am guessing that's just part of the curse.

Last edited by alwaysme; February 20th, 2012 at 7:42 pm.
Old February 20th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I don't understand why August is considered a stranger, when strangers never come to Storybrooke. Wasn't David a John Doe? Why wasn't he a stranger? And when Catherine magically appeared, why didn't anyone consider her a stranger? WE know they are part of the fairytales, but why would anyone else know they belonged?

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old February 21st, 2012, 9:24 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
I don't think Gepetto could have. If I remember right, he just barely had time to build the one tree. Pinocchio was in the pilot helping Gepetto out, but I don't think we've seen or heard from him since. My guess is his story's coming eventually.

Old February 21st, 2012, 10:07 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowGhoul View Post
I don't understand why August is considered a stranger, when strangers never come to Storybrooke. Wasn't David a John Doe? Why wasn't he a stranger? And when Catherine magically appeared, why didn't anyone consider her a stranger? WE know they are part of the fairytales, but why would anyone else know they belonged?
I was wondering this while watching the last episode too. And didn't they show that Catherine came in from out of town when she heard about the John Doe, learning of it being her husband who dissapeared?

Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:35 am
Registered Animagus

I think they are suggesting that Kathryn lived in town, but no one knew her. I think they are just suggesting that it is a bigger town then it seems. I don't think that Kathryn ever went looking for David though.

As to what happened to Kathryn i thought maybe Regina took away her fake memories so she has no memories at all. She would then have woken up driving and not known what to do. Crashed. And then she wouldn't know where to go and could have wandered off into the woods. Just a thought.

Old March 13th, 2012, 9:08 pm
Gwen's Auntie

Warning: This post contains spoilers for the episode that aired two nights ago!

This is a random list of thoughts/questions I have so far:

I have a few questions....so re: Emma's "power" to tell whether people are lying or telling the truth. If she actually has that power why hasn't she figured out that Sydney Glass is really still working with Regina? Or do you think she does know but isn't letting on?

Did Red actually kill Peter? We never saw anything to suggest he was actually dead, so I feel like there's a possibility he got away.

I think the heart doesn't belong to Kathryn. We saw Mr. Gold burying something in the woods in a previous episode, perhaps its the heart that the hunter exchanged with Rumpelstiltskin so that the queen couldn't kill him? (I missed episodes 2-11 and had to just read recaps of them so I may be horribly off-base with what I remember happening in past episodes here). I suspect that Kathryn is still alive somewhere...perhaps in the mental hospital where Belle is.

Perhaps Pinocchio doesn't appear in Storybrooke because he is an actual puppet or something from the curse?

I think the people in the mental hospital in Storybrooke are those who remember their lives in FTL. It would make sense that Regina would have to hide them away from the others if they remembered too much detail.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old March 13th, 2012, 9:30 pm
Queen of Apathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_attack View Post
I think the people in the mental hospital in Storybrooke are those who remember their lives in FTL. It would make sense that Regina would have to hide them away from the others if they remembered too much detail.
I like this idea and it seems very possible. It could be that or people are placed in the asylum when they try and leave town. The curse would always stop them and I imagine that would cause gossip to spread.

Old March 14th, 2012, 12:02 am
Member of the Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_attack View Post
so re: Emma's "power" to tell whether people are lying or telling the truth. If she actually has that power why hasn't she figured out that Sydney Glass is really still working with Regina? Or do you think she does know but isn't letting on?
I don't recall Glass actually ever lying to her. As opposed to deceiving her. It's a fine line I know.

And I would think that people in the asylum would actually believe that they themselves are crazy. Which would further help to keep them contained.

Old March 14th, 2012, 12:24 am
Registered Animagus

I am pretty sure that Peter is dead. I think you could see his foot and the rest of his body wasn't there. At least that is what i thought. It was pretty gruesome.

I think Kathryn is alive as well. I think Regina planted that box with a heart to try and ruin Mary some more. I think that maybe Snow touched that box in the fairytale land and the Queen brought it with her to the real world and put the heart in it to frame Mary.

Old March 14th, 2012, 12:41 am
Hogwarts Graduate

decarus, I agree on all your points.

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old March 14th, 2012, 2:07 pm
Rocket Scientist

I agree I think katherine is alive.

I have a question about the whole heart in a box thing. Didnt she have the original sheriff's heart in a box but he was still walking around storybrooke? I have to wonder if that's david's heart possible and regina was using it to control him. At any rate i think he stole the hear to protect someone possible himself or maybe mary margaret. Either way even if it is katherines i dont think she's dead.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:03 pm
Fourth Year

This has finally started showing in the UK and so far I've seen the first two episodes.

I was just wondering something about the evil witch/mayor, is she supposed to be Snow White's stepmother from the original fairy tale who poisons Snow White? Because I'm sure she dies in the fairy tale and seeing as Once Upon A Time starts off after the fairy tale the evil stepmother should be dead, but the show seems to be showing the witch and stepmother as the same person? This just bothered me after watching the latest episode.

Images taken from http://dft.ba/-2M6r
Do not anger the kitty!Avengers.

Learning to Live Again • One shots
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:17 pm
Registered Animagus

Yes. The Evil Queen is Snow's stepmother just like in the original fairytale. She must not die after she tries to poison Snow. Though we have not yet seen that incident in the show. I think that we will see it in Ep 21.

Old April 10th, 2012, 1:54 am
Member of the Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelowo93 View Post
This has finally started showing in the UK and so far I've seen the first two episodes.

I was just wondering something about the evil witch/mayor, is she supposed to be Snow White's stepmother from the original fairy tale who poisons Snow White? Because I'm sure she dies in the fairy tale and seeing as Once Upon A Time starts off after the fairy tale the evil stepmother should be dead, but the show seems to be showing the witch and stepmother as the same person? This just bothered me after watching the latest episode.
Everything is re-imagined. You're going to see characters that don't seem to fit the paradigm. (I heard Sherlock Holmes will make an appearance in some future episode)
There are going to be twists that I found rather pleasantly inventive. (Red Riding Hood...hoooboy). Others may find such less so if they expect to receive the fairy tale and get something dramatically different. I don't think it's much of a spoiler, but;
Spoiler: show
We eventually do see the "Evil Queen" before she became so, when she was in love and happy to be in her beau's arms.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 5:51 am
Gwen's Auntie

Did anyone see tonight's episode?

Spoiler: show
I knew August wasn't Baelfire. I actually really think August is Pinocchio. It makes sense how he was able to leave Storybrooke (since it was Gepetto who made the tree Emma was saved with, maybe Pinocchio was in it too?) and the past few episodes he's made some comments "I don't lie" and something about "as real as I am", and then the weird thing with his legs in the beginning of this episode...I think he's Pinoccio.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television