Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Old January 17th, 2012, 5:45 am
Second Year

Re: Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

We can hope. But maybe not about just Harry's kids. Maybe about someone from another house perhaps, and their adventures.

I'm a Hufflepuff in a Slytherin World!

snape lives imho
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2012, 6:01 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I will read any book that JK Rowling writes, wouldn't you? Think of it though, she wrote 7 novels, in roughly ten years, I hope she is taking a well deserved rest. Not many first time authors undertake what she did. These were not five and dime novels, but well written full length novels.

Old January 17th, 2012, 7:03 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
I will read any book that JK Rowling writes, wouldn't you?
No.

Quote:
Think of it though, she wrote 7 novels, in roughly ten years, I hope she is taking a well deserved rest. Not many first time authors undertake what she did. These were not five and dime novels, but well written full length novels.
Seven novels in 10 years is fairly modest, especially when compared to the output of the likes of Harlan Ellison who, admittedly, is insanely prolific across most media.

Most mainstream authors publish at about a novel per year.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old January 17th, 2012, 7:35 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
after my husband saw DH- part two, he thought that the next generation of kids would make a great movie, but I think a book should be written first. We can only hope Jo is doing something important.
Pottermore? IMO that's about all the HP we're going to get including a print encyclopedia.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:19 pm
First Year

i think one of 3 autobiographies that is done by an actual wizard autobiographer, they should be dumbledore, snape and mcgonagall pre retirement

Old January 26th, 2012, 6:13 am
First Year

Obviously I would be delighted with any story from the Harry Potter world.
But I do feel like there is no need to write something about the marauders. James and Lily died too young and their biggest accomplishment in life was to be the parents of Harry Potter.

On the other hand, I am very curious to know how did the legendary duel between Dumbledore and Grindewald occur.

Sorted in Slytherin

Last edited by Dave4d; January 26th, 2012 at 6:20 am.
Old January 26th, 2012, 5:31 pm
First Year

I would be happy with Marauders or Next Gen. I love them both and they would be interesting stories to me. Has anyone read the James Potter Series?

Old January 27th, 2012, 6:51 am
First Year

Does anyone see my desire to have JK Rowling write about either a post-apocalyptic or dystopian world that seems to have nothing to do with Harry Potter. Then, all of a sudden, its revealed, Planet of the Apes style, that magic is still there, if only just, and there is a new conflict to be had in this new and different world where magic is all but gone.

Last edited by dmeagher101; January 28th, 2012 at 2:39 am.
Old January 30th, 2012, 3:57 pm
First Year

I don't think an 8th book would be quite the same thing... I mean, let's use the starting point that she writes about the friends' kids. That means completely new personalities to get used to.

Also, Dumbledore is dead. That old man that gave the whole book series a rather cozy feeling, that you could always trust him to be there for you and share his wisdom.

Snape is dead. Who's going to replace the role that Snape played as the link to keep everything together, going from a most despiseable character to what might be one of the biggest heroes?

I would read it, but I can't know wether I would think of it as something exciting or just something that can't reach my heart as another HP book.

Some people you just want to ***** and ***** with a ***** through their ***** until they ***** and ***** to the bottom of the sea.

Sorted into by Dibs and Pimmy the sorting hats.
Also sorted into by Pottermore's sorting hat.
Old January 30th, 2012, 4:54 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeagher101 View Post
Does anyone see my desire to have JK Rowling write about either a post-apocalyptic or dystopian world that seems to have nothing to do with Harry Potter. Then, all of a sudden, its revealed, Planet of the Apes style, that magic is still there, if only just, and there is a new conflict to be had in this new and different world where magic is all but gone.
I like this idea

she should write another book that takes place like a hundred years in the future and one of the trio is still alive and takes an active role in the story but without us knowing that it is them

YewSpirit36 is waiting for Pottermore
Old January 30th, 2012, 5:51 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writes_Often View Post
I would be happy with Marauders or Next Gen. I love them both and they would be interesting stories to me. Has anyone read the James Potter Series?
I started the Hall of Elders' Crossing but was totally disappointed when I found out it was about Harry's son and not Harry's father. It seemed decent to me but I'm still stuck in my disappointment and so haven't picked it up again. =^/

I would like a maruader-era prequel most, personally. James vs. Snape vying for Lily's love, plus three stories, one for each of James and Lily's defiances of Voldemort. Also, it'd be cool to have a year by year chronically the first war as they grew up at Hogwarts, how James, Sirius and Peter discovered Remus's secret, how Snape was drawn into the proto-DE group and how he became a DE himself and rationalized this desire with his love for Lily... There are so many possibilities there it's unbelievable! =^D

Last edited by Goddess_Clio; January 30th, 2012 at 5:55 pm.
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:01 pm
First Year

A Marauder prequel would solve a lot of problems, because of the lack of details and fuzzy time line, but I'm afraid that JK can contradict something important that is written in the original novels...
A bit like the Trace, described in one way in the first six books and in another way in DH.
That said, I prefer future novels.

Old February 9th, 2012, 2:24 pm
First Year

The prequel would be rather depressing, only because we know what happens to the trio, their sacrifice and the betrayal of them by their own friends.

Old February 20th, 2012, 9:55 pm
First Year

This might me too much to ask for but I think she could do the books with the same characters but a different story for each book with new title, different ending and maybe different backstory to each character.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 4:47 pm
First Year

I would honestly be interested in what happens immediately after the war in terms of reconstruction efforts, the developing relationships, and how and if the remaining purebloods deal with the aftermath of Voldemort's downfall.

I read quite a bit of fanfiction and the most interesting to me are the ones that deal with what happens in between the BoH and '19 Years Later'.

Old February 27th, 2012, 6:09 pm
First Year

well she sayd she might write a few other books. i hope she does. she doesnt have to write about harry potter exactly but maybe about their kids, how they live in todays days and start a complitly new Saga with it. it would be amazing to see that she hasnt just complitly stopped talking about that magical world that not only I but million of kids grew up. she should write!

oh i forgot to mention, it would be good to write a book or too about the founders of Hogwards... you know their story so we know how they came up. how the whole wizardly world started how it was created...

Last edited by Luna_lana_HP; February 27th, 2012 at 6:15 pm. Reason: double writing of a thought.
Old February 28th, 2012, 1:17 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna_lana_HP View Post
well she sayd she might write a few other books. i hope she does. she doesnt have to write about harry potter exactly but maybe about their kids, how they live in todays days and start a complitly new Saga with it. it would be amazing to see that she hasnt just complitly stopped talking about that magical world that not only I but million of kids grew up. she should write!

oh i forgot to mention, it would be good to write a book or too about the founders of Hogwards... you know their story so we know how they came up. how the whole wizardly world started how it was created...
She's recently signed a contract with Little, Brown to write a novel for us adult fans, possibly a mystery. IMO there will be no more HP books.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:01 am
Embroidered by imaginatio

The new version can be found here

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References