Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Pottermore v.11

Old March 8th, 2012, 2:29 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Pottermore v.11

Welcome to the Pottermore thread! Pottermore is now open to all. So please discuss your views of Pottermore and your questions about site related issues here

Previous version: Pottermore v.10

PLEASE READ

What is on-topic:

Questions and information about, and analysis of, Pottermore itself

What is off-topic:
  • general squeeing about Pottermore and other posts which lack substance
  • whether you have registered for Pottermore yet or not (e.g. "Yay! I've just got my username and it's Snape'sUnderpants666!"). Go to the Pitchside if you want to post that sort of thing. You can put your username in your signature if you want (although there have been reports of people who'd posted their username online being hacked so you may wish to leave the final digits off as a precaution).
  • how you are feeling/what you are doing at the moment (e.g. "I'm so excited! But I don't know how I'm going to stay up all night. Maybe I'll drink coffee?" Go to the Pitchside if you want to post that sort of thing
  • questions or comments about CoS (e.g. "How is posting my username offtopic?", "Why has my post count gone down?") There is an Ask the Staff thread where you can post these things, or you can owl a mod.
What will get you banned (amongst other things):
  • posting illegal links
  • posting your e-mail address or 'phone number or asking other members for theirs
  • repeatedly ignoring the above

Speculation

What is OK here:

Reasonable, fact-based speculation, where you try to piece together the possible ways Pottermore might work, on the basis of information about the site already in the public domain, and use hypothesis to try to fill in some of the gaps.

What is not OK here:

*Wild, unfounded speculation (e.g. if the HP actors joined Pottermore, what do you think their usernames would be?)
*General "It would be so cool if..'" wish lists
*Discussion that stops being about Pottermore and starts being about you (e.g. when a How Might the Pottermore Sorting System Work? discussion turns into a The Kind of Sorting System I Would Construct If It Were Up To Me discussion, it's off-topic)

Also, please respect the wishes of the Pottermore staff e.g. if you think you've worked out a way that members can rig their answers to the Pottermore sorting quiz to get the house they want, please don't share it here, as it's obvious that the Pottermore team don't want people to rig their quiz.

Please also respect the privacy of all of those connected to the HP franchise and do not spread unconfirmed rumours or speculation about who has a Pottermore account.

Last edited by Hes; April 22nd, 2012 at 3:54 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2012, 3:18 pm
Second Year

Re: Pottermore v.11

I am so annoyed. I was just brewing a potion, and this came up:

[staff edit]

Quote:
Message: Sorry, you are not allowed to speed up potions by changing your computer settings.

Your cauldron has been removed from your Potions collection...

I did not change my computer settings at all. In fact, I've been reading through posts on here for the past hour waiting for the potion to brew.
I was using a copper cauldron, so now if I want to use one again, I'll have to buy another!

Has anyone else had this problem before?
I'm so confused, I don't know what it thinks happened to my computer but I definitely didn't change the settings!

Last edited by Hes; March 8th, 2012 at 3:36 pm.
Old March 8th, 2012, 3:33 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Sorry but we don't allow screencaps from Pottermore, it breaches Pottermore's terms of use. Only images that are officially published by Pottermore are allowed to be posted until the site is open for all.

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer

Last edited by Hes; March 8th, 2012 at 3:37 pm.
Old March 8th, 2012, 3:43 pm
Second Year

Oh sorry, I completely forgot about that!

Old March 8th, 2012, 3:43 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielouise View Post
I did not change my computer settings at all. In fact, I've been reading through posts on here for the past hour waiting for the potion to brew.
I was using a copper cauldron, so now if I want to use one again, I'll have to buy another!
I'm sorry!

Were you downloading anything while the potion was brewing? I've heard this can cause Pottermore to think you're trying to speed up brewing times.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, After all this time?
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown

owlcat207 - first batch - Proud Member of the House of the Dancing Cupcakes

Last edited by MerryLore; March 8th, 2012 at 3:47 pm.
Old March 8th, 2012, 6:23 pm
Seventh Year

POTTERMORE IS OPENING TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN APRIL 2012

Pottermore Insider
Mugglenet

FINALLY!

Old March 8th, 2012, 7:11 pm
Inconceivable!

Quote:

I'm so confused, I don't know what it thinks happened to my computer but I definitely didn't change the settings!
I had that exact same thing happen to me last week. I had finished the first step of Sleeping Draught, left it to brew, and then didn't even work on that computer for awhile. When I came back my copper cauldron had exploded and the message was that I tried to speed up the process. I sent a complaint to the the Pottermore help people because it is obviously a glitch. They replied that they got my complaint, but they haven't responded with an answer yet.

I'm sorry to hear that the problem still exists.

Pottermore reinstated the time outs for Dueling again. I was just dueling and got the message that I exceeded the dueling limit. They haven't had the limits on for a long time. To tell the truth I'm glad they brought them back. Sometimes it seems like the top scorers dominate there, and it is hard to get to duel other people.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old March 8th, 2012, 7:39 pm
Seventh Year

They're adding sound. I wonder if they mean sound effects, like a train whistle or a cauldron exploding, or actual background music? Is the soundtrack from the movie too much to hope for?

I'm guessing it's sound effects. If that's the case, I hope we have the option of turning the sound off.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown

Old March 8th, 2012, 8:28 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
I had that exact same thing happen to me last week. I had finished the first step of Sleeping Draught, left it to brew, and then didn't even work on that computer for awhile. When I came back my copper cauldron had exploded and the message was that I tried to speed up the process. I sent a complaint to the the Pottermore help people because it is obviously a glitch. They replied that they got my complaint, but they haven't responded with an answer yet.

I'm sorry to hear that the problem still exists.

Pottermore reinstated the time outs for Dueling again. I was just dueling and got the message that I exceeded the dueling limit. They haven't had the limits on for a long time. To tell the truth I'm glad they brought them back. Sometimes it seems like the top scorers dominate there, and it is hard to get to duel other people.
Did you have the potion tab open? Some friend and I have found that if you click come back later, and leave the potion page you can avoid this glitch.

I have been dueling for quite some time and have yet to receive a time out. It seems that some people get the time outs while others don't. Honestly, I would prefer to have a time out!

Old March 8th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphodel79 View Post
Did you have the potion tab open? Some friend and I have found that if you click come back later, and leave the potion page you can avoid this glitch.
Yes. That was one of the rare times I just left that tab open instead of clicking on the come back later button. I had been busy doing other things and forgot to do it.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old March 8th, 2012, 9:16 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryLore View Post
I'm sorry!

Were you downloading anything while the potion was brewing? I've heard this can cause Pottermore to think you're trying to speed up brewing times.

Nope, wasn't doing anything other than clicking internet pages!

And yeah, I left the tab open too.
I haven't been on in a while, and when I was going on and doing potions, I found that it worked the best when I left the tab open. Maybe that's changed then? XD

Old March 8th, 2012, 9:18 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
Yes. That was one of the rare times I just left that tab open instead of clicking on the come back later button. I had been busy doing other things and forgot to do it.
It seems like leaving the tab open makes people more prone to the glitch. Close it, and all will be well (well, it seems that way for most people; one or two have still gotten the glitch with it, but I close my tab every time and it hasn't happened to me.) Pottermore has said they won't replenish Galleons for cauldrons lost, sadly.

In other news, everyone not in Pottermore can celebrate over the early-April 2012 opening date that was revealed today!

BronzeDragon111 on Pottermore
BronzeDragon on COS, HPANA, and tumblr
Wand: Elder with dragon heartstring, 13'', hard
Ravenclaw on both COS and Pottermore!
Old March 8th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I send in my e-mail last fall. I hope they officially send notice when the site is open. I will take an e-mail or an "owl post" or even "It's open, come join the fun!"
The few sites are potions, dueling and sorting. Is there any other sites or is this it?

Old March 8th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
The few sites are potions, dueling and sorting. Is there any other sites or is this it?
A wand chooses you. You get to find all sorts of hidden goodies like Chocolate Frogs, Salt and Pepper Shakers, etc. Each chapter is divided into 2 to 3 moments, where you get to learn new information and look at the beautiful artwork.

I found the hidden links awhile back where they're going to add Quiddich and Wizard's Chess, but I don't know if that will be in April, or not until CoS.

And I will say, Always.
- source unknown

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:00 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

why wait until COS? there was Quidditch and Wizard's Chess in the first book.

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:07 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
why wait until COS? there was Quidditch and Wizard's Chess in the first book.
I don't think Pottermore realized how popular dueling and potions would be with a certain percentage of members, and that activities were the best way to keep members returning. Once they add the e-books, i think they'll wanting returning members.

And I will say, Always.
- source unknown

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:57 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Quote:
Nope, wasn't doing anything other than clicking internet pages!

And yeah, I left the tab open too.
I haven't been on in a while, and when I was going on and doing potions, I found that it worked the best when I left the tab open. Maybe that's changed then? XD
Have you reported your problem to Pottermore?

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old March 9th, 2012, 3:19 am
Third Year

Early April, eh? That's less than a month off... It's gonna get busy, my fellow beta folks!

Genuine, Unique, & Authentic Hand-Crafted Magical Wands, Made in the heart of the Rocky Mountains! With real magical cores! Christian Mills, Master Wandmaker. (Click on the card to visit the wand shoppe!)

PROUD RAVENCLAW

Pottermore Info: Spruce & Unicorn Hair Wand, Ten & Three Quarters Inches, Hard. Ravenclaw, SunElm8... If you want to friend me on Pottermore, send me a PM here first...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Old March 9th, 2012, 9:13 pm
First Year

Quote:

[staff edit]

I had the exact same problem! It was actually one of the contributing factors of me cutting back on using pottermore.

I wasn't doing anything wrong just had it brewing in an extra tab and when I went back to see how long it had left I had that message. There have been a lot of different guesses as to why it happened but I'm not sure if it is any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
Have you reported your problem to Pottermore?
If it is anything like my problem they didn't do anything, just said sorry that the error occurred and didn't give me a new cauldron or add any galleons to my account or anything. Sorry but it seems really unlikely they will do anything.

Last edited by Hufflepuffchill; March 9th, 2012 at 9:17 pm.
Old March 10th, 2012, 12:17 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hufflepuffchill View Post
If it is anything like my problem they didn't do anything, just said sorry that the error occurred and didn't give me a new cauldron or add any galleons to my account or anything. Sorry but it seems really unlikely they will do anything.
Remember that it is still beta. Problems are bound to happen, and you allowed for that when you agreed to be part of the beta. They will probably re-zero all the data when the site opens to the public anyway.

A true - CoS and Pottermore!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References