Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References > The Quibbler > The Quibbler

The Actually Ending Party 2.0

Old March 12th, 2012, 8:15 pm
First Year

Re: The Never Ending Party 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
Who here has been a Girl Scout?
*raises hand* I began as a Brownie, and I remember I was a Cadette before my troop disbanded. I think most of the girls in my troop didn't like me for one reason or another.

Old March 13th, 2012, 1:33 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I never was a Brownie or Girl Scout. But I usually buy the cookies. Unfortunately, I didn't buy any this year.

Old March 13th, 2012, 5:45 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Happy Ear Muff Day and Jewel Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
I never was a Brownie or Girl Scout. But I usually buy the cookies. Unfortunately, I didn't buy any this year.
I didn't buy any, either, but I did have a Samoa (or Caramel Delight as they are called in my neck of the woods*) from my friend's box.

*There are two bakeries who supply cookies to the Girl Scouts. Some cookies have different names depending upon the bakery used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyB View Post
*raises hand* I began as a Brownie, and I remember I was a Cadette before my troop disbanded. I think most of the girls in my troop didn't like me for one reason or another.
Welcome, fellow Girl Scout.

I wasn't any good at selling cookies. Heck, I'm no good with most types of fund raisers, honestly.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:07 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
Welcome, fellow Girl Scout.

I wasn't any good at selling cookies. Heck, I'm no good with most types of fund raisers, honestly.
Thanks for the welcome.

I didn't have very many relatives that were interested in my cookies. I think that besides my aunt (who was probably the only family member outside of who I lived with), the only other people who bought cookies from me were friends of my grandparents. Fundraising was almost an exercise in frustration for me.

Old March 14th, 2012, 6:46 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyB View Post
Thanks for the welcome.
Fundraising was almost an exercise in frustration for me.
Same here. I had to do a lot of fund raising being in high school band and the only stuff I was good at was the volunteering. We sold candy bars. I was no good at it. It took me a while to sell my allotted two boxes, but everyone else gobbled up box after box and I know they weren't just selling to themselves. Being extremely shy has its disadvantages!

Happy Learn About Butterflies Day!
Butterflieshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly#Scales
Butterflies are characterized by their scale-covered wings. The coloration of butterfly wings is created by minute scales. These scales are pigmented with melanins that give them blacks and browns, but blues, greens, reds and iridescence are usually created not by pigments but the microstructure of the scales. This structural coloration is the result of coherent scattering of light by the photonic crystal nature of the scales.[6][7][8] The scales cling somewhat loosely to the wing and come off easily without harming the butterfly.

Happy National Potato Chips Day (can't let this one go without eating some, but that means I have to make a trip to the store)!

Happy 3.14! How many digits can you recite this number to (me? Only 3.14)?

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old March 15th, 2012, 8:55 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

there are four things to celebrate today. incredible kid day, everything can go wrong day, Ides of March,
and Dumbstruck day: since it's Ides of March we know everything can go wrong today.

Old March 16th, 2012, 5:53 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Happy Everything you Do is Right Day and Freedom of Information Day!

Old March 17th, 2012, 3:04 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. instead of eating corned beef and cabbage, I will be eating spaghetti and either meatballs or sausage. March 19th is supposed to be Italian night, but because it is during the week, we are celebrating on a Saturday.

Old March 19th, 2012, 5:58 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I didn't have any traditional St. Patrick's food for St. Patrick's Day.

Old March 19th, 2012, 9:16 pm
Fifth Year

I didn't either, but only because I told my husband he didn't need to bring me any corned beef and cabbage from the Harvester. He didn't enjoy his; he's had it there on St. Patrick's every year for five years, and he says it's been better every year.

I like corned beef hash, but am not crazy about corned beef or cabbage.

"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance--You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and *continues* to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."
~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~
Old March 20th, 2012, 5:15 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Spring is tomorrow, everyone celebrate with the first day of spring dance.

Old March 20th, 2012, 9:57 pm
Fifth Year

Dance? Er, I'm not that good at dancing. Usually I just sing at these do's...

"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance--You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and *continues* to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."
~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:54 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyraLovegood View Post
I didn't either, but only because I told my husband he didn't need to bring me any corned beef and cabbage from the Harvester. He didn't enjoy his; he's had it there on St. Patrick's every year for five years, and he says it's been better every year.

I like corned beef hash, but am not crazy about corned beef or cabbage.
You know I visited Ireland once and I never found one restaurant that had corned beef and cabbage on the menu. I got some nice bakery stuff in tea shops in the afternoon. I liked the soda bread

Last edited by MsJPotter; March 21st, 2012 at 10:55 am. Reason: I spelt restaurant wrong
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:09 pm
Fifth Year

MsJ! I've missed you. Where have you been?

~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~
Old March 22nd, 2012, 3:45 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I read somewhere that corned beef and cabbage is a dish found in America, not Ireland.
I don't dance either, but we can still celebrate spring.

Old March 23rd, 2012, 6:10 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Cabbage I can take. Corned beef I cannot. Fortunately, my mom doesn't forget and make me corned beef sandwiches to take on my long train rides to school.

Old March 26th, 2012, 6:40 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Happy Make Up Your Own Holiday Day!

Old March 29th, 2012, 4:31 am
Hogwarts Graduate

our weather is going to hit 91 degrees by Sunday, so it's hit the pool party day. Sunscreen, hat, plenty of cold drinks, (no alcohol at the pool). and later cold foods for dinner.

Old March 29th, 2012, 7:17 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Pool Party! I'm all for it!

Old March 31st, 2012, 4:41 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I don't mind sitting on a chaise at the pool, I can't swim.
What kind of food goes good at a pool party?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References > The Quibbler > The Quibbler