Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Pottermore v.11

Old March 16th, 2012, 8:30 pm
Inconceivable!

Re: Pottermore v.11

Pottermore has notified Beta users that it will be closed for scheduled maintenance from 8.00am (GMT), Monday 19 March, for approximately one week.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2012, 7:26 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_mills View Post
Early April, eh? That's less than a month off... It's gonna get busy, my fellow beta folks!
I don't have a problem if it gets busy.....as long as the site can handle it all. I hope they are done with making mistakes on the site that this point and know what they are doing so the site will be able to support the massive influx of people.

Old March 19th, 2012, 11:07 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeι & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
Pottermore has notified Beta users that it will be closed for scheduled maintenance from 8.00am (GMT), Monday 19 March, for approximately one week.
Wow , that's a long time to be closed for maintenance. Never heard of a website staying closed for so long for that.

Hopefully all of that will help to make the site run better.

My first ship, Perry Mason and Della Street .

Credit goes to Viacom for the Perry Mason films, no copyright infringement intended.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X-Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Old March 20th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Wow , that's a long time to be closed for maintenance. Never heard of a website staying closed for so long for that.
I agree - it is a long time!

As of last week, it was taking me up to 7 or 8 attempts to even log in - I kept getting the "Pottermore is unavailable" screen. I think they need to add more servers; if not, it's going to be really rough when Pottermore comes out of Beta.

I also think they have to add new script and coding for the influx of new members. They'll perhaps have to code the site to award the house cup and make changes to the Beta member accounts, such as removing all of the points, and (I hope) adding some galleons.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, “After all this time?”
And I will say, “Always.”
- source unknown

owlcat207 - first batch - Proud Member of the House of the Dancing Cupcakes
Old March 20th, 2012, 7:21 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

hey, it's not the first time it has been closed for a week for maintenance. That has been one of the complaints. I might try out the site to see what it is like, whether I continue, I reserve judgement.

Old March 21st, 2012, 11:16 pm
Second Year

If you think about it, they said it'll open in early April. That's two weeks from now (roughly)... Which means they'll probably be sorting things out this week, and then give it a week with us using the website to see how it is working.

They'll be getting ready for the big opening, most likely.

Old March 22nd, 2012, 3:45 am
Third Year

And so will I...

Genuine, Unique, & Authentic Hand-Crafted Magical Wands, Made in the heart of the Rocky Mountains! With real magical cores! Christian Mills, Master Wandmaker. (Click on the card to visit the wand shoppe!)

PROUD RAVENCLAW

Pottermore Info: Spruce & Unicorn Hair Wand, Ten & Three Quarters Inches, Hard. Ravenclaw, SunElm8... If you want to friend me on Pottermore, send me a PM here first...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Old March 26th, 2012, 4:37 pm
Seventh Year

Pottermore is back online. No word yet about when Beta is ending, but they've made some changes:

http://insider.pottermore.com/p/pott...e-updates.html

Quote:
pottermore.com is now back online, and you’ll notice that we’ve made a few changes over the past few days. First – and most excitingly! – we’ve started to introduce sounds. We hope you enjoy discovering them as we add more and more over the coming weeks.

Following your feedback we’ve also made some changes to house points. Every house point you earn now has a greater effect on the total for your house – so you may see some movement in the house rankings.

Other things, such as the Facebook connect button, have temporarily disappeared and the Gateway (seen when you first log in) also looks a little different. We’re making some improvements to these features and will be trying out some new ideas.

We hope you enjoy exploring all the changes!

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
- source unknown

Old March 26th, 2012, 4:39 pm
Second Year

I'm going through the moments again and it's amazing the difference sounds makes. It's so much more immersive now. All the sounds are good and nothing feels out of place but the sites suddenly really slow again.

[edit] The site tends to crash and slow down if you read extra content or get to the end of a chapter

Twitter - @NiallJAdams

Last edited by potter_gleek; March 26th, 2012 at 4:48 pm.
Old March 26th, 2012, 4:42 pm
Seventh Year

The house point totals have changed quite a bit. Much larger than previously. Perhaps this is why we'll feel as if our earning points will really impact house totals?

ETA

I can duel with ease, but it keeps crashing when I try to go through the Moments.

Can anyone click on their emblem and get to their homepage??? A sign we're all going to start over at the end of Beta???

- source unknown

Last edited by MerryLore; March 26th, 2012 at 4:55 pm.
Old March 26th, 2012, 5:44 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryLore View Post
Can anyone click on their emblem and get to their homepage??? A sign we're all going to start over at the end of Beta???
I can click on my emblem, but it takes me to the infamous magenta screen.

I cannot get into the comment section of my common room either. Potions and dueling are loading well, but I am not getting points for all the duels I win. I also have duels that I clearly won show up in my history as losses.

So it seems the site is still a bit buggy. Hopefully these things will straighten out over the next few days.

Old March 26th, 2012, 5:53 pm
Third Year

Quote:
The house point totals have changed quite a bit. Much larger than previously. Perhaps this is why we'll feel as if our earning points will really impact house totals?

ETA

I can duel with ease, but it keeps crashing when I try to go through the Moments.

I keep getting magenta screens when I click on almost anything and when I went to duel I got the black screen that says sorry this page has disappeared or something like that.

I hope we get to keep our house points since they are still there now so I hope they don't suddenly take them away now or it would surprise everyone I think.

Does anyone know if they are showing more than just the top 20 scorers for each house again? I keep trying to look but I keep getting the magneta screen right now.

EDIT:

Okay it sounds like everyone else is able to see more pages than me right now because I am continuously getting the magenta screen now.

EDIT:

Okay I'm finally seeing stuff again now....but I can't view my profile at all. I keep getting the back screen saying the page has disappeared when I click on my house emblem to view my profile. Is this happening to everyone else too?

EDIT:

Okay I am able to see my profile now when I click on my emblem but it's not showing any of my friends in my friends list. o_O

Last edited by Kathleen Malfoy; March 26th, 2012 at 6:04 pm.
Old March 26th, 2012, 6:02 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Malfoy View Post
I
Does anyone know if they are showing more than just the top 20 scorers for each house again? I keep trying to look but I keep getting the magneta screen right now.
That hasn't changed.

Here's how i'm loading the pages - I keep going back to the website - pottermore.com - and starting with the first little circle and going to the first moment, and then going back to pottermore.com and back to the first little circle and going to the second moment, etc. The sound effects are pretty cool.

Still can't get to my profile page, but my wand is still listed at Ollivander's.

- source unknown

Old March 26th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Third Year

Quote:
That hasn't changed.

Here's how i'm loading the pages - I keep going back to the website - pottermore.com - and starting with the first little circle and going to the first moment, and then going back to pottermore.com and back to the first little circle and going to the second moment, etc. The sound effects are pretty cool.

Still can't get to my profile page, but my wand is still listed at Ollivander's.
Oh okay. I do hope they fix these issues more soon though....my points got messed up again(my profile didn't add 5 points that I earned so my score up near the top next to my house emblem is different than my profile now).

Old March 26th, 2012, 6:41 pm
Second Year

I actually had about 30 points taken away from my total for no apparent reason. They did not give me the 9 points I earned for a successful potion either.

Old March 26th, 2012, 6:45 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphodel79 View Post
I actually had about 30 points taken away from my total for no apparent reason. They did not give me the 9 points I earned for a successful potion either.
Sorry to hear that!

I wonder how they're figuring overall point totals now? Just before maintenance, Slytherin was ahead of Ravenclaw by about 60 points. Now with the changes, it's

Ravenclaw 15,029,102 points over Slytherin 14,914,465 points

- source unknown

Old March 26th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphodel79 View Post
I just had a bunch of points disappear on me too.

I had over 20,300 points and now this is what it shows on my page:

At the top near my house emblem it shows me as having 20,259 points.

In my profile it says I have 20,314 points.

The site is being really really glitchy.

Old March 26th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Seventh Year

I went from almost 200 friends down to 20. I know it wasn't due to inactive accounts - one of those removed is in the Ravenclaw top 20 for house points and used to post here. And I still can't view my profile page.

- source unknown

Old March 26th, 2012, 10:13 pm
Second Year

Something's clearly funny - at first, I freaked out because on my Spells page it said I hadn't collected any spellbooks, my Potions tab listed no cauldrons, potions, or ingredients, and I couldn't see my profile! Now, I can see everything again (and it appears to be right?) but it completely freaked me out for the first 15 minutes or so.

I wasn't keeping close enough track on my points to know if anything's gone, but the site is definitely very, very glitchy - it's kicked me off once, I've gotten the Invisibility Cloak on the page message several times, and one of the tabs in Ollivander's (not the one that said "View wand in profile," the other one, had been replaced by "..." instead of words.

I almost had a heart attack with the "nothing brewed, no spellbooks" messages, but now that I've seen my welcome letter, my wand, and my brewed potions, I feel a bit better!

ETA: Am unable to collect items (needed a Potions ingredient) - is anyone else getting an Invisibility Cloak error and then kicked off the site when attempting to collect something? Also, my chapter exploration tabs are intermittently disappearing and getting replaced with "." instead of actual words like "Explore."

BronzeDragon111 on Pottermore
BronzeDragon on COS, HPANA, and tumblr
Wand: Elder with dragon heartstring, 13'', hard
Ravenclaw on both COS and Pottermore!

Last edited by BronzeDragon; March 26th, 2012 at 10:17 pm.
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:03 pm
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Just went back on for a look again. The sound effects are nice, but they seem too loud.

I also had problems with lot of the pages not loading. Somethings still not quite right...

A true - CoS and Pottermore!

Going to miss CoS? I've started a free HP forums for any CoS refugees. Find it at this link.
CoS is an amazing forum and will be difficult to replace.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References