Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak

Your Wand on Pottermore

Old April 21st, 2012, 3:24 pm
Second Year

Re: Your Wand on Pottermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_mills View Post
Thanks for the reply BronzeDragon (both here and there)... One reason I brought it up is that I have to focus on wand woods that I have at my disposal, which includes a few different species of evergreen (spruce, fir, redwood, pine, etc...), maple, river birch, river willow, cottonwood, aspen, and some others. Other kinds of woods I have to get from friends and family in other parts of the country. Besides this, there are woods I just don't have available to make wands out of.

So, it made me think... A wand that chooses a witch or wizard would have to be dependent on woods available to the wandmaker. I mean, Ollivander narrowed himself down to only three wand cores. Who is to say that anyone walking into his shop wouldn't be better matched with a veela core rather than a unicorn, phoenix, or dragon core?

About the Pottermore wands, I had not heard of wands made of spruce or fir until Pottermore. So, I put two and two together and thought location would have some kind of an effect on what wands were available...
I think this is a very interesting aspect... Not sure if Pottermore takes that in consideration, but since I come from South America originally I have thought about this as well. Our wand woods would be totally different than those of the Northern Hemisphere!! (And our Patronus too for that matter!!!) What do you think, as a wand maker?

I was chosen by a Pear wood wand... those are common everywhere nowadays.

Image by the lovely SadiraSnape

"Neville is the man!"

Wand: Pear, Phoenix, 14.5 in, quite flexible
HUFFLEPUFF
MagicProphecy
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2012, 7:20 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccollinsmith View Post
When I got my wand, I thought it had "Slytherin" written all over it. Now that a Ravenclaw has gotten such a similar wand, I can also see more of its Ravenclaw potential.
I'm also a Ravenclaw with a similar wand, but mine is longer and more swishy.

Maple with unicorn hair, 14 1/2 inches, surprisingly swishy

House:
Ravenclaw

Analysis:    

Do you identify with the wood description?

Of all the characteristics of my wand, I'd say that the wood type is the one I least identify with. I've never considered myself an overly adventurous person or one who is a seeker of status, and I'm fine with staying at home most of the time. But on the other hand, I would love to travel if I could, and I am a high achiever, especially in my school work. I do find myself drawn wanting to reach the top and realize my full potential, and in a sense I am motivated by that desire. So I guess I could be considered ambitious in that regard.

How important is the wand core?

As the wand core is the magical force which provides the magical potential of a wand, I think it the most important characteristic of the wand. When I read the description for the unicorn hair, I felt like it suited me perfectly. I think having a personal connection with your wand is important, so the faithful nature of the unicorn core resonated with me. Not particularly powerful, but consistent in its magic, loyal to the owner, extremely hard to turn to the Dark Arts...it sounded perfect for me. Even the part that it can get melancholy and die if abused appealed to me. Everything about it gives it humanlike characteristics that build on the personal relationship with the wand owner. I am very happy with my wand core!

Are you as flexible as your wand?

I've always thought of myself as rather set in my ways; I don't usually like a great deal of change. But I suppose I can be flexible if needed. I see the "surprisingly swishy" characteristic of my wand applying more to my relaxed nature rather than my adaptability to change. I do get stressed out a lot, but I can be very relaxed, too. I'm pretty lenient, and I like to just go with the flow or "chill" instead of having a specific game plan.

What do you think of the symbolism behind short and long wands?

I was surprised to find out that my wand is so long! According to Ollivander, most wands are between 9 and 14 inches long, and anything beyond that range is rare. I didn't expect my wand to be so extreme in length.

I think the symbolism makes sense, but I'm not sure how much it applies to me. I'm taller than average, but I'm not freakishly tall. (I'm a 5'8" female). As for the "big personality," theory, I wouldn't have thought that it would have a significant factor in my wand length, but apparently it does. I was talking to my friend about it, and she said she thought that I had a big personality, so maybe I think I'm more soft-spoken than I actually am.

Final note:

At first, I was unsure about how my wand fit me. But not, having analyzed it more closely, I think it fits me perfectly. Ollivander mentioned in his notes that the weaker nature of the unicorn core could be compensated by wood type. The harsh ambition of the maple wood and the gentle spirit of the unicorn core combine in my wand to tame and strengthen each other and create a mixture suitable for my personality. Possibly the implications of the excessive wand length are also lessened. I've always thought that human beings are too complex to be defined in such black-and-white terms, and I find that it's very hard for me to fit myself into the little neat categories on personality tests because I overlap into almost all of them in different ways. So this combination wand fits me very while, I think. Ollivander, you've done it again.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 5:07 am
First Year

Larch with Unicorn Core, Ten Inches, Unyielding.

I wonder what that means.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 4:37 pm
The Potions Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan_Kleks View Post
Larch with Unicorn Core, Ten Inches, Unyielding.

I wonder what that means.
I think Larch is one of the most fascinating wand woods available.

From Ollivander's on the Pottermore site:    

Larch
Strong, durable and warm in colour, larch has long been valued as an attractive and powerful wand wood. Its reputation for instilling courage and confidence in the user has ensured that demand has always outstripped supply. This much sought-after wand is, however, hard to please in the matter of ideal owners, and trickier to handle than many imagine. I find that it always creates wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects, which likewise describes the master who deserves it. It is often the case that the witch or wizard who belongs to the larch wand may never realise the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but that they will then make an exceptional match.

Mine is Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4, Unyielding.

Ebony
This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters. In my experience the ebony wand’s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.

Phoenix
This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

Yikes.

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Last edited by mirrormere; April 23rd, 2012 at 4:59 pm.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 4:46 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormere View Post
I think Larch is one of the most fascinating wand woods available.

Larch
Strong, durable and warm in colour, larch has long been valued as an attractive and powerful wand wood. Its reputation for instilling courage and confidence in the user has ensured that demand has always outstripped supply. This much sought-after wand is, however, hard to please in the matter of ideal owners, and trickier to handle than many imagine. I find that it always creates wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects, which likewise describes the master who deserves it. It is often the case that the witch or wizard who belongs to the larch wand may never realise the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but that they will then make an exceptional match.

Mine is Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4, Unyielding.

Ebony
This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters. In my experience the ebony wand’s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.

Phoenix
This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

Yikes.
How did you find that? I'd like to know about my wand too.

I'm a Hufflepuff in a Slytherin World!

snape lives imho
Old April 23rd, 2012, 5:06 pm
The Potions Master

Go to Chapter 5 and select Ollivander's (4th moment). Mouse over objects (the chest) and click on the down arrow to access more menu items. Click on Wand Woods. There are sections on cores and lengths and flexibilities as well.

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Old April 23rd, 2012, 5:39 pm
First Year

Hm. This is extremely interesting to me. I have never really thought about applying the attributes to my wand, to my actual personality.

My wand: Larch, Unicorn Hair, Unyielding, 10 3/4".
House: Gryffindor.

Analysis:    

Do you Identify with the wood description?
I would have to say yes, I do.
Olivander's Description from Pottermore:    

I was smiling the entire time I was reading that. I thought that it was pretty apt, because I am not the most confident person in the world, and if I were a wizard I think that I would need a wand that would give me a little extra boost of courage. And yeah..I can be hard to please sometimes, and a bit more complex than people originally guess. And yeah..even though I don't have the most confidence in the world, I tend to surprise myself with my talents. I am a Vocal Music Education major and along with my classes, I am taking private voice and am required to perform regularly along with all the other voice majors in front of each other. At first that gave me nightmares beyond count..haha..but I surprised myself with my talents, i guess. I still do.

Hm. Well. If we are again applying this to personality, I would have to say that it is also pretty important to me.
Olivander's Description from Pottermore:    

Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing.

Ok, so this may be where I am putting my self on the line the most here because of all the preconceived notions it may create of me, but..oh well! I am a very religious person. I am a Christian, and I wear that name proudly. And I also thought it was very interesting when it said that Unicorn hair created the most faithful wands. And..ya know..as far as my faith goes, I am pretty unwavering (or unyielding..ha!) with my beliefs. I love God, and I love others. I do my best to give Christ a good name. I may not be the best at it, but I do try.
Also..yes, I can be prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled emotionally as well!

Again, like I said above, as far as my faith is concerned, I am unwavering. So I think that is pretty neat. Haha.

Well, I think that there is something to be said with me having a short wand. I have a pretty introvert personality and I am not the tallest guy I know, if you catch my drift! Haha. So yeah, I think it can apply both to the person's actual size as well as their personality.

I've been sorted!

Pottermore Name:
WolfFlame206

Winter is coming.
Old April 24th, 2012, 5:32 pm
Sixth Year

Wand
Length: 10 1/4 inches
Wood: Alder
Core: Unicorn
Flexibility: Surprisingly Swishy

Spoiler: show
Alder is an unyielding wood, yet I have discovered that its ideal owner is not stubborn or obstinate, but often helpful, considerate and most likeable. Whereas most wand woods seek similarity in the characters of those they will best serve, alder is unusual in that it seems to desire a nature that is, if not precisely opposite to its own, then certainly of a markedly different type. When an alder wand is happily placed, it becomes a magnificent, loyal helpmate. Of all wand types, alder is best suited to non-verbal spell work, whence comes its reputation for being suitable only for the most advanced witches and wizards.

I actually am obstinate, but most of the time, people say I'm helpful and easygoing. I tend to have many friends who are different from me, almost opposite in a way. I'm also quite loyal to them. So, do I agree with this description? Yes, indeed!

I'm actually very happy I got alder. It's also very strange, because for a long time, I thought my celtic tree was alder. When I found out it was actually hawthorn, needless to say, I was pretty disappointed. For some strange reason, my wand wood turned out to be alder! Maybe my personality does fit alder more than hawthorn. Hehe.

Unicorn. Very important, because my username is UnicornSeeker8718. I can't possibly have dragon heartstring or phoenix, can I? Unicorn are said to be least likely to perform the dark arts (awesome) and very faithful to their first owners (double awesome). I'm Christian, so I do strive to be pure in heart, and unicorn is a pure animal. I agree with the melancholy bit too, I do tend to be very melancholic.

Oh yeah, I'm surprisingly swishy, wanna see me do a split? Haha.

I think this description means that people are surprised that I'm swishy, if you know what I mean. I have plenty of opinions and can be quite strongheaded on issues close to my heart. I tend to argue and defend them. Yet, I'm normally quite the chill kid. So that's the "surprising" bit-people are surprised that I'm so leniant and easy going, because I give off the impression that I'm not. (Actually a lot of my friends have said they found me uptight to begin with, but more chill as they got to know me. So, there you go. Fits like a glove.)

I'm a short person (I chose short for my age), so I have a short wand! Also, I don't have a very big or strong personality.

OVERALL:
The wand fits me really well!

Gryffindor

UnicornSeeker8718 (Pottermore)

Last edited by MC2456; April 24th, 2012 at 5:56 pm.
Old April 25th, 2012, 3:58 am
Hogwarts Graduate

my wand is 13 and 3/4" long. it's made of Ebony and Unicorn and Quite flexible.
I am tall so I guess thats why my wand is long. Ebony is a good hard wood, and a nice black color. as for being flexible, well, I don't know. I don't always like change. I like the sameness of things, except when it came to taking care of young kids, then I had to be flexible.
Ollivander says that Unicorn core is least subject to fluctuations, so how can my wand be quite flexible? Unless it's the wood.

Old April 25th, 2012, 4:34 am
Second Year

Wand length must be based on something besides your height, since mine is relatively long for my height, which is average.

Old April 25th, 2012, 4:39 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Really? I think one of the questions had to do with height. Which is why I thought the length of the wand had to do with height. Umbridge had a very short wand, because she was short. unfortunatley, I don't remember what size wand Flitwick had, since he was super short.

Old April 25th, 2012, 7:13 am
Registered Animagus

Wood: Alder
Core: Dragon
Flexibility: Slightly Springy
Length: 12.5 inches.

Honestly, I have never heard of that particular wood before

I'm not sure really. I presume all wands are powerful enough, regardless of core

Occasionally

Erm....

Old April 25th, 2012, 6:44 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
Really? I think one of the questions had to do with height. Which is why I thought the length of the wand had to do with height. Umbridge had a very short wand, because she was short. unfortunatley, I don't remember what size wand Flitwick had, since he was super short.
Height is one of the factors Pottermore takes into account with wand-choosing, but it's not the sole determinant - otherwise, there would only be 3 lengths!

Umbridge's and Flitwick's wand lengths aren't actually related to their heights - if you go through and re-read the Pottermore wand information, Ollivander says that in general wands correspond to height (and to spell-casting style) but that very short wands (8 inches or less) like Umbridge's have more to do with personality defects than height. JKR makes a point of saying that while extra-long wands like Hagrid's are due to physical reasons, extra-short ones aren't.

(And, on Pottermore, there's no way to get a wand so short that it implies your character's defective. I don't think JKR would want to insult her fans.)

BronzeDragon111 on Pottermore
BronzeDragon on COS, HPANA, and tumblr
Wand: Elder with dragon heartstring, 13'', hard
Ravenclaw on both COS and Pottermore!
Old April 28th, 2012, 9:53 pm
Fourth Year

My wand is cypress, 13 1/2 inches long, unyielding, and has a unicorn hair core.

Cypress supposedly chooses those with great valor. Saying that I have such a trait would be too conceited of me. I personally would say that whatever valor I have is extremely concentrated in very specific efforts, all focused within my family and myself. In other words, I am unlikely to lay down my life, as is expected of those wielding these wands, unless it is to protect those I care for. And even then, though I bargain with my life, I would never put it on the floor so that all may step on it at their leisure . It will always be my basic instinct to survive, and I am most likely going to be far away from a battle scene, unless, in the end, I am assured that I will come out alive without too many scratches.

As it contributes to the magical item that is the wand, I'd say that it is very important. From what I have heard, unicorn hair is rather interesting. Apparently, it can become "depressed" if subjected to abuse. I do wonder what a wandcore that is supposedly loyal through and through would see as unfitting of it. They give a vague answer of "Dark magic", as unicorn hair wands are difficult to turn to the Dark Side. Personally, the magic is only dark when one uses it for dark purposes. I am not entirely sure, at this rate, if I'm going to get along with my wand. I did not think a wand would be so sentient to be so judgemental of the one it chose .

Unyielding is not exactly a word that describes me on all occasions. I'd say I am much more flexible, and actually quite yielding, as I am not one to prolong what I feel is an unecessary argument and waste of time.

I am rather tall, so I was chosen by a long wand. However, I have been informed that the bigger the personality, the longer the wand. I can't really speak for myself, for I would not be able to feel the presence of my own character in a room. If I were to speak from my own little corner, I'd say that height plays a large role.

Last edited by JohanT; April 28th, 2012 at 9:58 pm.
Old April 29th, 2012, 7:12 am
First Year

Pottermore wand: Hazel, Dragon Heartstring, Hard, 12 1/2 inches.

I would say yes, since I'm an overall emotionally-sensitive person, even though sometimes people are not aware of this. My guess why people don't really know this is because I'm rather good with controlling my emotions. (I think so...)

Just as important as the wood. Dragon heartstring is said to be rather powerful when it comes down to power when casting spells. That does compensate for some of my unnecessary shyness and hesitation. It fits me very well in terms of fast learning (although not the loyalty part LOL) and the "temperamental" part (again).

My willpower can be quite strong when needed be, however sometimes I can also adapt to, lets say, a new environment, so I'm both yes and no to that.

If I have my Pottermore wand in real life, then I might think it's a bit too long... I can't think of any symbolism that it can be associated with, other than your height.

"Aspectu illo glorior, dum capit nox diem"

' "Then why", asked Snape, "does it have the name 'Roonil Wazlib' written inside the front cover?" '
--HBP Ch.24.

"I solemnly swear that I am a devoted Snape fan"

Proud Pottermore Slythie girl!
Old April 29th, 2012, 4:25 pm
Second Year

My wand is 11 1/4 inches, Beech with a unicorn core...and brittle. Did anyone else get brittle If you did, what do you think it means.

UnicornSun1056
Cedar - Unicorn core - 11 1/4 - Slightly springy
Proudly sorted to
Old April 30th, 2012, 5:52 am
I gave String Theory to my Cat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattyc View Post
My wand is 11 1/4 inches, Beech with a unicorn core...and brittle. Did anyone else get brittle If you did, what do you think it means.
Interesting. Flexibility is supposed to refer to the master's adaptability and willingness to change, but brittle seems a hard thing to place in that spectrum. I have a hard wand, and hard things are often quite brittle, but what would the difference be? Would that indicate more or less flexibility in the character of the master?

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress."

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it."
Joseph Joubert

"...He seeks to know himself and his fellow man rather than to know a god. An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death..." -Madalyn Murray
Old April 30th, 2012, 7:53 am
First Year

Nice place for my first post so...

My wand's 14 1/2 inches, English Oak with Phoenix core and slightly springy.

I guess to some degree, in the bit about my loyalty and intuition, but not so sure about strength and courage. I might have a soft spot for magical creatures too. But I like the idea of sustaining something "for good times and bad".

I think very important in terms of the wand's magical ability, but also its correspondence with the wood is what makes it more unique and interesting. By itself, the core is a basic description of the owner's intentions with magic and what best suits that owner's style.

It depends what mood I'm in. When I have a good time with friends I do tend to get "slightly springy" - it happens when I'm quite happy. But for the rest of the time I'm more subdued and quiet, possibly a bit sensitive too.

Not a lot, really. Just another adjustment for the "best fit", whichever way you're most comfortable with. It did say something about long wands with big personalities, but I'm not entirely sure on that as I don't consider myself as a standout compared to others, such as people in my class who are much more memorable.

Overall though, I can say I'm proud of my wand - nothing about it seriously contradicts my personality, I think.

Ravenclaw on CoS
Hufflepuff on Pottermore
Old April 30th, 2012, 5:24 pm
First Year

First of all: I didn't read everything here, so I'm sorry if I repeat things that have already been said.

My wand is beech, dragon heartstring, 12 1/2inches and unbending.

I'm quite proud of my wand, and I have to say I can relate to the wood description (I put it in the spoiler) very much. It matches to what my friends often say about me, that I seem to be pretty grown-up and mature as well as understanding (in my very special way, but tha doesn't belong here, I guess xD).
The true match for a beech wand will be, if young, wise beyond his or her years, and if full-grown, rich in understanding and experience. Beech wands perform very weakly for the narrow-minded and intolerant. Such wizards and witches, having obtained a beech wand without having been suitably matched (yet coveting this most desirable, richly hued and highly prized wand wood), have often presented themselves at the homes of learned wandmakers such as myself, demanding to know the reason for their handsome wand’s lack of power. When properly matched, the beech wand is capable of a subtlety and artistry rarely seen in any other wood, hence its lustrous reputation.

I like the core very much, as it has a somehwat darker feeling to it than e.g. unicorn, and I feel comfortable with being on the not-necessarily-bright-side.
I also think that the wand core reflects something like the core of one's own personality.

When it comes to the flexibility - I kind of knew that my wand wouldn't be flexible, but I can't explain exactly why.
I guess because I imagine that it tells something about not only adaptability concerning behaviour towards environment, but only the will to change your opinions. If I have an opinion about something, I almost never change it - except I really have to admit that I was wrong, and even then I sometimes stick to my original view on something.
I think therefore the unbending wand fits my personality.

About the length of wands, I do not really know what to think about it; I have the feeling the length of my wand is appropriate for me, but I don't know why.
Then there's my girlfriend, her wand is rather short - I think about 9 3/4inches; she is a small person, but not small in personality - she doesn't stand out that much, though, if I can say it like that.
But I think the length is the part about the wands I understand the least.

We've got Slytherin pride.
- Draco&the Malfoys; Slytherin Pride -
Old May 1st, 2012, 1:57 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfine View Post
First of all: I didn't read everything here, so I'm sorry if I repeat things that have already been said.

My wand is beech, dragon heartstring, 12 1/2inches and unbending.

I'm quite proud of my wand, and I have to say I can relate to the wood description (I put it in the spoiler) very much. It matches to what my friends often say about me, that I seem to be pretty grown-up and mature as well as understanding (in my very special way, but tha doesn't belong here, I guess xD).
The true match for a beech wand will be, if young, wise beyond his or her years, and if full-grown, rich in understanding and experience. Beech wands perform very weakly for the narrow-minded and intolerant. Such wizards and witches, having obtained a beech wand without having been suitably matched (yet coveting this most desirable, richly hued and highly prized wand wood), have often presented themselves at the homes of learned wandmakers such as myself, demanding to know the reason for their handsome wand’s lack of power. When properly matched, the beech wand is capable of a subtlety and artistry rarely seen in any other wood, hence its lustrous reputation.

I like the core very much, as it has a somehwat darker feeling to it than e.g. unicorn, and I feel comfortable with being on the not-necessarily-bright-side.
I also think that the wand core reflects something like the core of one's own personality.

When it comes to the flexibility - I kind of knew that my wand wouldn't be flexible, but I can't explain exactly why.
I guess because I imagine that it tells something about not only adaptability concerning behaviour towards environment, but only the will to change your opinions. If I have an opinion about something, I almost never change it - except I really have to admit that I was wrong, and even then I sometimes stick to my original view on something.
I think therefore the unbending wand fits my personality.

About the length of wands, I do not really know what to think about it; I have the feeling the length of my wand is appropriate for me, but I don't know why.
Then there's my girlfriend, her wand is rather short - I think about 9 3/4inches; she is a small person, but not small in personality - she doesn't stand out that much, though, if I can say it like that.
But I think the length is the part about the wands I understand the least.
I got the exact same wand, including the length and flexibility! You're also the first person I saw with a beech and dragon wand.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak