Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand

The Next Dark Lord

Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:25 am
First Year

Re: The Next Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_moldywort View Post
Al or James should become the next dark lord and they should be more powerful and feared then voldy was. They can kill Harry and eventually have a showdown between the two that was foretold in a prophecy that got lost so no one knew that one of harry's sons would go bad.
This right here is utter brilliance I think this would be amazing!

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself"
Albus Dumbeldor

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are"
Kurt Cobain

Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:43 pm
The Potions Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
If the magical gene was somehow dying out, and more and more children were discovered to be Squibs, I think it could be interesting, though.
Now that's an intriguing idea! Of course, that could bring back all that pure-blood nonsense as well--can't marry Muggles, you're diluting the magic gene.

Maybe a combination? Something, perhaps an object scarred with prodigious Dark Magic, is suppressing the gene? A possible eugenics war? Voldemort was right (shudder) and we have to purify magical families? But our hero(s) and/or heroine(s) have evidence otherwise?

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:45 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormere View Post
Now that's an intriguing idea! Of course, that could bring back all that pure-blood nonsense as well--can't marry Muggles, you're diluting the magic gene.
Or perhaps they would finally figure out that inbreeding was probably not the best idea for the gene pool.

It would be beautifully ironic if the Squibs were born into the most inbred, crazy bigot families. One or more of them could have a lot of resentment built up from being looked down on within a blood supremacist family, and seek to take revenge on the wizarding world - perhaps by trying to expose it to the Muggle world?

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.
Old September 24th, 2011, 2:27 am
The Potions Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
Or perhaps they would finally figure out that inbreeding was probably not the best idea for the gene pool.

It would be beautifully ironic if the Squibs were born into the most inbred, crazy bigot families. One or more of them could have a lot of resentment built up from being looked down on within a blood supremacist family, and seek to take revenge on the wizarding world - perhaps by trying to expose it to the Muggle world?
Oh that would be even better!

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Old September 27th, 2011, 6:00 pm
Fourth Year

That would be an interesting idea, but still that doesn't have much depth. Exposure to the muggle world, would have also put the New Dark Lord at risk, unless he played the Muggles to his side and made it look like he was repusled by magic and he used his in an effort to destroy all magic. But the family thing could be taken as a link from Voldemort to the New Dark Lord, since he turned on his father's family because of their blood, and (it seems) hated his mother for "dirtying" the Slytherin blood line and name.

Let us never forget Those who gave their lives to save our freedom
Old September 27th, 2011, 9:50 pm
Second Year

I've always thought of a dark wizard/squib that uses muggles to his advantage. He exposes wizards, and gathers muggles to take down the wizarding world. I would imagine a squib taking the role because he is jealous of his wizard siblings.

Lightnox167
12Ό inches, Hawthorn, Unicorn Hair core, unyielding

Old September 28th, 2011, 6:08 am
First Year

Or it could be a wizard posing as a squib who plays up to muggle paranoia and dreams of eventually controling both sides.

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself"
Albus Dumbeldor

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are"
Kurt Cobain

Old September 28th, 2011, 5:20 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRavenclaw View Post
Or it could be a wizard posing as a squib who plays up to muggle paranoia and dreams of eventually controling both sides.
I think this would be the ultimate - control over both Wizarding and non-wizarding worlds. And I think it would take a Wizard to do it - someone who really wanted power and believed in "the greater good."

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, “After all this time?”
And I will say, “Always.”
- source unknown

owlcat207 - first batch - Proud Member of the House of the Dancing Cupcakes
Old September 29th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryLore View Post
I think this would be the ultimate - control over both Wizarding and non-wizarding worlds. And I think it would take a Wizard to do it - someone who really wanted power and believed in "the greater good."
I have always thought of a war as wizards vs. muggles, but I think that many, many, many wizards after the Voldemort wars wouldn't fight muggles, surely there would be someone who would have the idea of controlling muggles to control wizards too, but he should be a wizard with immense power and lots of wizard followers too. It would be way to easy for wizards to beat muggles, without hurting them too: repelling charms, imperio curse (just temporarily), obliviate and if you think of it the classic protego/stupefy would be perfect: blocking away bullets and making stupefying muggles. So if there was actually a wizard who would use muggles he would need lots of wizards followers too to fight basic enchantments with magic because muggles can't simply fight it.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Draco Dormiens Numquam Tintillandus

"J.K. Rowling's Imagination should be ensured to the Loyds in London for two or three billion dollars"
-Stephen King-

I know JKR denied it, but unless she gives me proof with a Deathly Hallows Sequel, in my head Harry and Ron are going to go back to hogwarts for their last year!
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:22 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotoc_Sabbath View Post
I have always thought of a war as wizards vs. muggles, but I think that many, many, many wizards after the Voldemort wars wouldn't fight muggles, surely there would be someone who would have the idea of controlling muggles to control wizards too, but he should be a wizard with immense power and lots of wizard followers too. It would be way to easy for wizards to beat muggles, without hurting them too: repelling charms, imperio curse (just temporarily), obliviate and if you think of it the classic protego/stupefy would be perfect: blocking away bullets and making stupefying muggles. So if there was actually a wizard who would use muggles he would need lots of wizards followers too to fight basic enchantments with magic because muggles can't simply fight it.
This would be a good story. The only problem I see, is that wizards already have a lot of control over muggles, without muggles even knowing. Look at the Quidditch world cup in Goblet of Fire. Wizards were going crazy with muggles! Their had to have people that went around and erased memories the whole time. They can do stuff to muggles and just erase their memory. That is the main advantage wizards have. Imagine if muggles did know that there were wizards, wizards could hurt them even more, without having to worry about erasing memories and stuff like that. I wonder how effective muggle weapons are against wizards, and how could wizards can defend themselves.

Lightnox167
12Ό inches, Hawthorn, Unicorn Hair core, unyielding

Old October 4th, 2011, 2:29 pm
Fourth Year

As we saw in GoF, there were obliviators going around and erasing memories as need called for. And also by DH we see that magical folk are susceptible to muggle weapons. Dobby died from a wound by a knife, and magic couldn't bring him back. This prove another point as well. That point being that wizards can be as malicious and vicious as muggles can be.
Wizards do have the upper hand since most spells don't have a range that there affective in or not, while weapons such as guns and firearms do. So they can protect themselves, but only to an extent.
If war was to break out between the wizards and the muggles I wholeheartledly believe that their would be the same amount of casualties on both sides.

Let us never forget Those who gave their lives to save our freedom
Old February 23rd, 2012, 4:33 pm
First Year

I'm not too sure Albus would become the next dark lord, like a bunch of you have already said. First off, to me, it's just too cheesy. I'm sure there's a bunch of kids that grow up hearing how bad Slytherin is and don't want to be put in it.

Will there be a new dark lord? Probably, but as far as I can tell, it isn't one of the characters that we've been introduced to.

Personally, I'd like to think that the gang has a normal life and they all die in some uneventful way. They've had enough to deal with for one life time. It would be cool to see the story continue after Albus and the other children have graduated and they're on their own adventure with whatever that might entail.

Old March 9th, 2012, 4:27 am
First Year

I'm sure someone will step up to throne.

Old April 2nd, 2012, 4:53 pm
First Year

JKR didnt spent a lot of time describing Gellert Grindelwald, i mean on his life between he left Dumbledore as a teenager - to the time when Dumbledore won and put him in prison. What did he do? Maybe Grindelwald had children? Maybe his children had children?! Maybe his grandson is the next dark lord!

Old April 8th, 2012, 7:06 pm
Second Year

How about a Muggle actually being able to steal magic and use it for evil after discovering the Wizarding World?

Drarry | Romione | Lupin/Tonks
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:57 am
First Year

Voldemort and Bellatrix could have had a child before Voldemort tried to kill Harry first time around. This child could have been taken abroad by Bellatrix's husband (thinking it was his) and raised in safety by foreign dark wizards. One day the kid discovers his/her true identity and decides to return to the UK to avenge his/her father and mother...

If only I had time to write really bad fan fiction fortunately for the world, I do not

It's obvious what this means. There's going to be loads of fog tonight.
Old April 11th, 2012, 7:50 am
First Year

New villain must appear, this is an unquestionable truth. But who? Probably someone who feel envious to Harry, or obsessed with revenge. And damn smart!

Old April 21st, 2012, 8:06 pm
First Year

Perhaps Viktor Krum will grow jealous of resentful of Hermione, and hold a grudge against Harry. In the same vain, maybe Cho Chang will feel that the two wizards she has always loved Cedric and Harry were both lost to her. She is in Ravenclaw and seems to have the smarts and cunning to assume power.

I also like the idea of a descendant of grindelwald looking for revenge on Harry, Dumbledore's protege.

Old May 4th, 2012, 4:55 am
First Year

This is a valid question, but I don't think anyone would be the next dark lord. It is my opinion that no one stood out as a leader. All of the death eaters were followers, and didn't seem to have any real ambition. If bellatrix hadn't died then there is a possibility she would have rose to power. It would seem the quest for greatness died with voldy.

Old May 4th, 2012, 7:13 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUpotterfan View Post
This is a valid question, but I don't think anyone would be the next dark lord. It is my opinion that no one stood out as a leader. All of the death eaters were followers, and didn't seem to have any real ambition. If bellatrix hadn't died then there is a possibility she would have rose to power. It would seem the quest for greatness died with voldy.
Agreed. I really don't think any character in the books could be the next "Dark Lord" either. Bellatrix though...I wouldn't say she stands out as a leader, because of her personalities. Even if she has the capability, I doubt she would succeed.

I wouldn't say that the quest for greatness died with Voldemort, because "good" and "evil" are two elements that coexist and struggles with each other all through history. There will always be the "bad guy", and a "good guy" there to stop the "bad guy". History does repeat itself, after all.

"Aspectu illo glorior, dum capit nox diem"

' "Then why", asked Snape, "does it have the name 'Roonil Wazlib' written inside the front cover?" '
--HBP Ch.24.

"I solemnly swear that I am a devoted Snape fan"

Proud Pottermore Slythie girl!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand