Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak

Your Pottermore House

View Poll Results: What House were you sorted into on Pottermore? Don't answer until you're sorted.
Gryffindor 62 19.87%
Hufflepuff 68 21.79%
Ravenclaw 87 27.88%
Slytherin 84 26.92%
I'm disappointed about the House I got. 11 3.53%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:15 am
First Year

Re: Your Pottermore House

What Pottermore house are you in?

Slytherin.

Is this the house you identified with before Pottermore?

No.

If not, are you still happy with the house? Do you think the Sorting Hat made a mistake or do you think this gives you some new insights into your personality? I wasn't pleased with it at first. But I think what got me in Slytherin was because I am very passionate about the performing arts like: film, music, and theater which makes me very opinionated about it and having high standards on how it should be done, also I don't have a whole lot of friends but the ones I do have I am loyal to them, also I want to be successful because it would give my life some meaning. Also i get really annoyed by really stupid people*Not the mentally challenged ones though* I am talking about the ones that really do not use any kind of common sense or courtesy, like people you would see on some dumb reality TV show, or drivers, or the people that you sit around in a cinema*God don't even get me started on them* or people that don't get things done. So if none of those are Slytherin then I don't know what is.

Does your house placement make sense to you based on the way you answered questions during your sorting?
Sadly I really don't remember the questions I was given.

Have other people you know been sorted into predictable or surprising houses?

Well most of my friends don't use Pottermore but one of them got Slytherin as well.

"The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and must therefore be treated with great caution." JK Rowling
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2012, 5:27 pm
First Year

• What Pottermore house are you in?

Gryffindor!

• Is this the house you identified with before Pottermore?

Most Definitely! but I must also admit I identify with ravenclaw as well.

• If not, are you still happy with the house? Do you think the Sorting Hat made a mistake or do you think this gives you some new insights into your personality?

The sorting hat never makes a mistake.

• Does your house placement make sense to you based on the way you answered questions during your sorting?

I believe it does, because I answered truthfully. While I wanted to be sorted into Gryffindor, I did not try to answer the questions the way a Gryffindor would. I don't think everyone is being truthful when answering the questions which leads to their disappointment. There are plenty of people in the Gryffindor common room wondering how they got there. I know exactly how I got there

• Have other people you know been sorted into predictable or surprising houses?

My best friend was sorted into slytherin and he was very disappointed. I was completely surprised to find that out. I expected him to be sorted into Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

• Have people (either you or your friends) getting sorted into certain houses changed your opinions of those houses?

My opinion hasn't changed about Gryffindor. I'm in love with my house.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 7:09 pm
First Year

Some things to discuss on this thread:

Slytherin

No. But I love my house just the same!

• If not, are you still happy with the house? Do you think the Sorting Hat made a mistake or do you think this gives you some new insights into your personality?
I'm perfectly happy with my house. Being in Slytherin has definitely given me new insights into my own personality. For instance, now that I'm in Slytherin, I've only realized that I'm much more resourceful than what I actually give myself credit for, it's great!

• Does your house placement make sense to you based on the way you answered questions during your sorting? (Please talk about these only in a general way and avoid posting exact questions and answers; see post by SusanBones below.)
Yes, it does. The way you answer the questions really plays a huge part in your sorting. For instance, I know for the fact that if I had answered my sorting questions in a manner any differently than what I did, I would've definitely landed in some other house.

The ones who were surprised by their results are slowly accepting their houses...

• Have people (either you or your friends) getting sorted into certain houses changed your opinions of those houses?
No.

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2011/05/alan_rickman_snape-200x200.jpg

“My word, Severus, that I shall never reveal the best of you?”

Last edited by narayandivya123; May 3rd, 2012 at 7:13 pm.
Old May 6th, 2012, 7:33 pm
First Year

I got sorted into the Slytherin, which was the house I was hoping for (I did answer the questions thruthfully and didn't skew my answers) I was also sorted into Slytherin on mugglenet.com, but as my results on other online quizzes have been all over the place I haven't always been completely sure of my house. When I first read the series I wanted to be a Ravenclaw, but eventually I realized Slytherin was where I belonged. I think I'm personally suited to Slytherin house because I am very ambitious and (yikes!) power-hungry. I don't identify with many of the other house stereotypes though, such as aloofness and cruelty, because I am a very open, bubbly person. My friends have compared me with a hyperactive puppy and I can't say I disagree.

[images removed by staff - only one image allowed]
Old May 7th, 2012, 3:14 am
First Year

Hufflepuff
Actually, no. I thought I was a Gryffindor.
Of course! At first I was upset, but now there's nowhere I'd rather be.
• Does your house placement make sense to you based on the way you answered questions during your sorting?
Sort of. Some I can definitely see as being Hufflepuff-y answers. But some...I don't know. It was hard to judge.

Like canon pairings, especially Harry and Ginny? This is the website for you!

Hufflepuff and Proud Pottermore Sorted!
Old May 7th, 2012, 5:06 am
First Year

This will require a confession, and I hope I don't get in trouble here for it. I got Slytherin the first time. I'm an open-minded person who's always interested to learn new things about herself, and I went into the test swearing that I would accept wherever I was placed, that Jo made up the houses so she can't possibly be wrong, etc... but Slytherin still felt wrong to me, even after giving it an honest chance, reading all the house descriptions with an open mind, and letting it sink in for a few days. On the other hand, the description for Ravenclaw (with which I had always identified) felt perfect to me, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I had been missorted. I'm ashamed to admit that I made another account to try again, out of a need to know whether it had been random and if I would get the same result again. I decided that the second time would be final, and that if I got Slytherin again, then at least I'd have the closure of knowing that Pottermore had a reason to put me there, and that it wasn't just a toss of the dice.

The second time I took the test, I answered every question with the same or equivalent answers (not on purpose, but because those were my honest answers) except for the final "heads or tails" type question (which happened to be the same both times), and I got Ravenclaw. So I think I can reasonably conclude that I was a hatstall and this one "random" question had been responsible for my being placed into Slytherin the first time. I wouldn't call this a mistake, but maybe a design flaw. In a real Sorting Ceremony, of course, I would have had a say, which along with other things inside my head would have tipped the scales toward Ravenclaw.

I always identified with Ravenclaw and overwhelmingly got Ravenclaw on every sorting hat test I've ever taken. I do have some qualities from Slytherin and Hufflepuff, but they are not my defining qualities.

Reading about Slytherin and struggling to come to terms for a few days with the fact that I must be a Slytherin (I was very much morally opposed to retaking the test, but my curiosity won out in the end), I realized some Slytherin-like qualities I hadn't noticed much before. I do like to get approval and admiration, and I do feel a need to belong and to feel accepted. This gives me a lot in common with Snape, but the reason I don't think I'm a Slytherclaw like him is because these aren't my biggest motivations in my life and in my dealings with other people. My greatest motivations are a thirst for knowledge and truth, and a desire to understand as much as possible about the world, and these other qualities are minor in comparison. So this experience (crisis?) led me to see myself as a Raverin(?), even if not a Slytherin.

• Does your house placement make sense to you based on the way you answered questions during your sorting? (Please talk about these only in a general way and avoid posting exact questions and answers; see post by SusanBones below.)

I thought the questions were hard to judge. Only a few times I thought, "this must be a _______ answer". I really had no idea before clicking the button where I would be placed.

The only two people I know IRL who took the test were predictably sorted. Everyone but me in my Ravenclaw dormroom at myhogwarts.co.uk was sorted into Ravenclaw. It seems to me that most people are well-sorted, and my Slytherin based on a coin toss was just a fluke.

Not really. Reading the house analysis threads here and the house descriptions on Pottermore had already given me a pretty nuanced picture of all the housese before I knew anyone who was sorted.

In Scientia Virtus

Last edited by lucky charms; May 7th, 2012 at 5:22 am.
Old May 10th, 2012, 5:17 am
Sixth Year

Sorted into Hufflepuff, which was a surprise, albeit a pleasant one. I had only ever been sorted into Gryffindor in other sorting tests. Didn't know who to identify myself with before, so I have no complaints.

Old May 11th, 2012, 12:39 am
First Year

Got into Pottermore and was sorted ages ago, but somehow didn't notice this thread, so here goes.

Ravenclaw

Yes, I've thought of myself as a Ravenclaw ever since reading the sorting scene for the first time as a kid, and the college I go to now can be said to be one of the most Ravenclaw-like schools in the country and is known for being intellectual, quirky, geeky, and proud of it, so yeah, you bet!

Some of the questions are pretty random, like "dusk or dawn," "left or right," and so on, but for the questions that have more choices, I do see a slight correspondance between my answers and the qualities of the Ravenclaw house.

My friends' houses all fit pretty well with my assessment of them, so it's surprisingly predictable as far as the people I know go.

No.

CoS and Pottermore Sorted: Ravenclaw to the bones!
Wand: Alder with unicorn hair, ten inches, slightly springy.
Pet: Ginger cat

Old June 1st, 2012, 12:31 pm
First Year

Hufflepuff

Not really, I saw myself as more of a Ravenclaw but Hufflepuff is a close second.

If not, are you still happy with the house? Do you think the Sorting Hat made a mistake or do you think this gives you some new insights into your personality?
I'm alright with Hufflepuff; if I couldn't have Ravenclaw I would've picked Hufflepuff. I don't think the Sorting Hat is perfect or spot on (what Sorting Hat quiz is?) but it's not bad enough that I despise it's decision. It's good as a rough estimate of your personality. Obviously there are too many aspects of yourself to truly analyse correctly. I appreciate it for what it is - a quiz meant for anyone on different levels of the Potter fandom (not too complex or simple).

Does your house placement make sense to you based on the way you answered questions during your sorting?
In some of the questions I remember, yes. But I know there are hidden meanings that I haven't figured out in others.

My best friend was originally sorted in Slytherin, which amused and surpised me. She didn't like it so she got another account and intentionally got herself into Hufflepuff (because it sounded adorable).

Have people (either you or your friends) getting sorted into certain houses changed your opinions of those houses?
Reminded me how Slytherin isn't so bad, and that Hufflepuff has a bit more self-respect than I originally thought. I'm definitely more proud of Hufflepuff (even though I don't believe to be one truly).

Ravenclaw on CoS
Hufflepuff on Pottermore
Old June 1st, 2012, 6:49 pm
Sixth Year

Slytherin

Yes.

Yes. To be honest, some of the questions had answers that had a one on one link to a house.

Not really. My original impressions of the houses remain the same.

Old June 1st, 2012, 10:58 pm
First Year

I'm in Slytherin.

I'm very happy about the sorting. I have strong traits from both Ravenclaw and Slytherin - I used to view myself as a pure Ravenclaw a few years ago, and always got a bit disappointed when I was sorted into Slytherin by online tests (which happened all the time). However, after growing up a bit and realizing more about my character and getting rid of some misconceptions about Slytherin, I embraced my Slytherin side, and now I love my house. While I'm bookish and very analytical, I think I'm more down to earth and pragmatic than the Ravenclaw stereotype, and I don't value learning just for learning's sake quite enough. Though I would be happy if I was sorted into Ravenclaw as well

Ebony, unicorn core, 10 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy
Old June 1st, 2012, 11:56 pm
Second Year

Gryffindor.

No, I thought to be sorted in Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw as second.

Yes, I’m happy (but I would be happy in every house I had been sorted). I think this give me some new insights into my personality.

I think so.

Last edited by Verena; June 3rd, 2012 at 4:02 pm.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 12:48 am
First Year

• What Pottermore house are you in? Slytherin.

• Is this the house you identified with before Pottermore? Sort of. I had always thought of myself as a Ravenclaw with Slytherin leanings, as I usually got Slytherin slightly less often on unofficial sorting quizzes. I knew I was not a Gryffindor in any way, shape, or form from the beginning, and I do have Hufflepuff tendencies (loyalty and hard-work ethic) but I think my ambition, hatred of 90% of the human race, and drive to do well in school sort of ruled it out for me.

• If not, are you still happy with the house? Do you think the Sorting Hat made a mistake or do you think this gives you some new insights into your personality? Of course I am! I personally was slightly disappointed and a little surprised that I didn't get Ravenclaw, but now I see I fit in very well with Slytherin... and as a plus, the color green is my favorite color, and snakes are some of my favorite animals.

• Does your house placement make sense to you based on the way you answered questions during your sorting? I would think so. I actually put a lot of thought into every question, including "heads or tails", where I chose "heads" because you can't live without a head but you can live without a tail. I was not going to let a coin decide where I would spend seven years at Hogwarts...

Two of my friends were sorted into Ravenclaw, and for one it was obvious- she had the intelligence and creativity to prove it. The other we thought for sure would be a Hufflepuff but, in the end, wound up in the house of the Eagle.

• Have people (either you or your friends) getting sorted into certain houses changed your opinions of those houses? Not really- I've never exactly had any strong biases towards any of the houses. I see that each house is there for a reason, and each house has its strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited by NobodyImportant; June 3rd, 2012 at 1:12 am.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 1:10 am
First Year

Gryffindor.

Even though I feel as though I could fit into any of the houses, I have always identified as Gryffindor. I was also sorted into Gryffindor on CoS and on many online quizzes (though I've also been sorted into Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin). I have always thought that my personality fits the most with Gryffindor so I was incredibly happy to see I was officially sorted there.

Both yes and no. I had a couple questions where I could easily tell which houses the answers corresponded too and some questions that I had no idea. I feel like my answers do make sense for Gryffindor though.

Almost all of my friends were sorted into the houses they identified with (or that I thought they were in).

My opinion on the houses hasn't really changed. I can see both the positive and negatives of each house and I could see myself being sorted into each one. I love all the houses already and Pottermore hasn't changed that.

Proud to be in Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart.
Pottermore: SickleSnidget115 - Gryffindor, Holly and Phoenix Feather, 14 1/2 inches, Reasonably Supple

Old June 2nd, 2012, 6:13 pm
First Year

I was sorted into Ravenclaw and I'm really pleased.
I've always identified with it and was never much of a Gryffindor fan.
Hufflepuff always seemed a little soft to me and Slytherin's... Well, Slytherin.
I didn't really get any new insights because I was sort of expecting the outcome,
some of my answers were so clearly Ravenclaw...
Although I do wonder aboput some of the other questions.
None of my friends are in Pottermore so I haven't really been able to see how the sorting process works for the others.

Old June 3rd, 2012, 7:34 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Ironically, I was sorted into Hufflepuff.

I would say so. Even on here I got sorted into Hufflepuff, and the questions on Pottermore were more...random, I guess you could say. Still funny how even on Pottermore, I ended up in the house I feel I can mostly identify with.

Hm, I'm not sure since I don't even remember the questions. I did this many weeks ago and just decided to post about Pottermore now.

Not that I can think of.

Nope, not really. I never really had much of an opinion at all, to be honest.

Old June 7th, 2012, 5:30 pm
First Year

Hufflepuff.

Definitely. I always saw myself as either totally Hufflepuff or a hybrid of that and Gryffindor.

I can't even remember the questions, it was nine months ago!

One friend of mine was sorted into Slytherin and then deleted her account in disappointment. This annoyed me actually. You can't just delete because you didn't get what you wanted! I found her reaction quite petty, but oh well.

Not necessarily, no.

Old June 13th, 2012, 9:30 am
Sixth Year

Ravenclaw.

Sort of. I'd always hoped for Gryffindor, but that's not necessarily the house with which I believe my personal characteristics to align. I could see myself as a Ravenclaw, but I felt that I was more the Hufflepuff type.

If not, are you still happy with the house? Do you think the Sorting Hat made a mistake or do you think this gives you some new insights into your personality?
I'm satisfied with my house. And I don't think the Sorting Hat made a mistake. Originally, I thought I might be more borderline Ravenclaw, and I wanted to be sure of my house. I decided to test the Hat and take the quiz multiple times to see what I got. I've taken in a total of four times, and I got Ravenclaw every time, which was surprising to me, but it just reinforced to me that the Hat got it right the first time! It did give me new insights into my personality. I've always been intelligent and eager to learn, but that's not what I personally value above all else. Perhaps this side of me is more prevalent than I previously thought.

Not really...each time I took the quiz while trying to answer honestly and carefully decide on each response, I ended up giving several answers that seemed very obviously Hufflepuffish or sometimes slightly Gryffindorish, but I can't recall a time when my answers particularly resonated with Ravenclaw. So my flight up to the eagle's nest was a pleasant surprise (all four times ).

There have been a few predictables, but I've found that more often than not, the Hat surprised me. A couple of my friends that struck me as Ravenclaws or even Hufflepuffs were sorted into Slytherin, but I guess that makes sense since the characteristics of Ravenclaws and Slytherins can sometimes coincide. My older brother surprised me by being sorted into Ravenclaw (I had pegged him as a Slytherin). But even more surprising was when he retook the quiz twice more and got Gryffindor both times!

Have people (either you or your friends) getting sorted into certain houses changed your opinions of those houses?
Yep, I would say that. I guess I was more hooked on the stereotypes instead of the overall connecting virtues of each House. Those friends of mine who got sorted into Slytherin definitely do not fit the Draco Malfoy stereotype. And there have been a few who I thought were too soft-spoken to be in Gryffindor, so when they donned their red and gold, I had to realize that a person can be noble, brave, and bold without wearing it on their sleeve.

I'm very intrigued with the Sorting process and how it was designed, especially since I consistently was sorted into a house that I didn't necessarily expect. Not that I'm dissatisfied, just curious... Is there a place where we can discuss the specifics of the Sorting test? I'd love to hear other Sortees' ideas about the psychological implications of the questions.

Last edited by GrangerHermione; June 13th, 2012 at 9:34 am.
Old June 15th, 2012, 3:05 am
First Year

My opinion summed up in one sentence (I'm not sure how this can reveal anything about how the quiz works, honestly):

Pottermore asked me this question at the very end: "Heads or Tails?"

I can't take the Pottermore quiz seriously after the sheer number of irrelevant and/or ridiculous questions I was asked. I've seen better fan made quizzes. I was hoping a quiz designed by J.K. herself wouldn't see me dodging stereotypical Slytherin questions. "Would you rather have a galleon or a cure for cancer?"* "Would you like to back-stab your best friend for no reason at all?"* "Do you think you're cunning? Well being cunning means going on a murderous rampage that makes no sense for your long term goals. You should sell your soul for a few short term benefits. Now twirl your handlebar mustache. What? You don't have a handlebar mustache? What makes you think you belong in Slytherin?"*

*(none of these are actual questions asked by the Pottermore quiz.)

I'm going to go pout in a corner.

"First be good, then be great."
Old June 19th, 2012, 9:41 am
Second Year

I know it's been ages since I've posted here at COS.

When I was sorted on Pottermore I was sorted into Slytherin. It was one of the two houses I identified when reading the books; the other was Gryffindor.

I like that I was sorted into this house, and have no complaints about being sorted there.

Pottermore name: AshJinx7349
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak