Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

30 Rock



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old October 15th, 2010, 3:33 am
theboywholived8  Female.gif theboywholived8 is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1490 days
Location: Chicago-ish
Age: 24
Posts: 197
Re: 30 Rock

Did you guys watch the live episode tonight? It seemed a bit strange at first...I think the laughter threw me off. I had Vietnam war flashbacks of the days when I watched shows like Full House. I ended up enjoying the live aspect of it, though. Very gutsy, but if anyone could've pulled it off, it's Tina Fey.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22  
Old October 15th, 2010, 3:41 am
IenjoyAcidPops's Avatar
IenjoyAcidPops  Male.gif IenjoyAcidPops is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 2367 days
Location: The Angry Dome
Age: 24
Posts: 1,724
Re: 30 Rock

It was odd, the timing was different, but then, of course it was. It didn't take long to get used to, though - that probably has a great deal to do with the fact that most of these people are old pros at live TV - and I ended up really loving the episode. I loved the way they satirized live TV, and the sometimes-funny-but-always-somewhat-corny crack-ups/breaking-character moments. Smart and hilarious episode.


__________________
Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
(And her movie is available now!)

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old October 15th, 2010, 4:08 am
theboywholived8  Female.gif theboywholived8 is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1490 days
Location: Chicago-ish
Age: 24
Posts: 197
Re: 30 Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
I loved the way they satirized live TV, and the sometimes-funny-but-always-somewhat-corny crack-ups/breaking-character moments.
Haha, Tracy's idea of character-breaking was probably one of my favorite parts of the episode.


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old October 15th, 2010, 4:10 am
IenjoyAcidPops's Avatar
IenjoyAcidPops  Male.gif IenjoyAcidPops is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 2367 days
Location: The Angry Dome
Age: 24
Posts: 1,724
Re: 30 Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboywholived8 View Post
Haha, Tracy's idea of character-breaking was probably one of my favorite parts of the episode.
Yeah; I've watched a lot of The Carol Burnett Show in my time, and I can't say I've ever seen Harvey Korman or Tim Conway go, "I'm doing something called breaking! Ha ha ha ha! This is live!"


__________________
Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
(And her movie is available now!)

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old October 15th, 2010, 4:29 am
HMN's Avatar
HMN  Female.gif HMN is offline
Assistant to Minister Longbottom
 
Joined: 3195 days
Location: in denial
Posts: 2,082
Re: 30 Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
It was odd, the timing was different, but then, of course it was. It didn't take long to get used to, though - that probably has a great deal to do with the fact that most of these people are old pros at live TV - and I ended up really loving the episode. I loved the way they satirized live TV, and the sometimes-funny-but-always-somewhat-corny crack-ups/breaking-character moments. Smart and hilarious episode.
Once I realized it was more like an SNL show I started enjoying it more. I generally don't love the live show thing, but I think they did a great job tonight. Tina Fey is great, and I loved Julia Louis-Dreyfus' impersonation of her.


__________________
is totally awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old October 15th, 2010, 5:25 am
theboywholived8  Female.gif theboywholived8 is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1490 days
Location: Chicago-ish
Age: 24
Posts: 197
Re: 30 Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
Once I realized it was more like an SNL show I started enjoying it more. I generally don't love the live show thing, but I think they did a great job tonight. Tina Fey is great, and I loved Julia Louis-Dreyfus' impersonation of her.
Oh yeah, Julia was great. She's just so darn likeable.


Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old October 15th, 2010, 5:29 am
IenjoyAcidPops's Avatar
IenjoyAcidPops  Male.gif IenjoyAcidPops is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 2367 days
Location: The Angry Dome
Age: 24
Posts: 1,724
Re: 30 Rock

When Tina Fey won her acting Emmy in 2008, she thanked Julia Louis-Dreyfus and made a remark about ripping off her every move, and the next time Julia appeared on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, she brought that up and ended up dragging Conan along to steal Tina's Emmy. Knowing and remembering those things just made Julia's cameo here even funnier.


__________________
Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
(And her movie is available now!)

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old October 15th, 2010, 4:14 pm
HMN's Avatar
HMN  Female.gif HMN is offline
Assistant to Minister Longbottom
 
Joined: 3195 days
Location: in denial
Posts: 2,082
Re: 30 Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
When Tina Fey won her acting Emmy in 2008, she thanked Julia Louis-Dreyfus and made a remark about ripping off her every move, and the next time Julia appeared on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, she brought that up and ended up dragging Conan along to steal Tina's Emmy. Knowing and remembering those things just made Julia's cameo here even funnier.
Even better! I wish I had known that before watching, thanks for sharing! I also have to say that I loved the line about having 'Seinfeld money' just brilliant.


__________________
is totally awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old October 15th, 2010, 4:54 pm
NumberEight  Male.gif NumberEight is offline
Banned
 
Joined: 2069 days
Posts: 1,915
Re: 30 Rock

I couldn't finish the episode; I got about six minutes in. I hope the next episode doesn't carry any plot points over from this one.


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old October 16th, 2010, 2:02 am
AldeberanBlack  Male.gif AldeberanBlack is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 1689 days
Location: London
Posts: 4,418
Re: 30 Rock

I'll watch anything with Tina Fey in it.

I even endured "Baby Mama"


__________________
The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old October 16th, 2010, 3:12 am
theboywholived8  Female.gif theboywholived8 is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1490 days
Location: Chicago-ish
Age: 24
Posts: 197
Re: 30 Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
Even better! I wish I had known that before watching, thanks for sharing! I also have to say that I loved the line about having 'Seinfeld money' just brilliant.
Oh man, I didn't realize that either. That makes it so much better.


Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old October 19th, 2010, 8:15 pm
NumberEight  Male.gif NumberEight is offline
Banned
 
Joined: 2069 days
Posts: 1,915
Re: 30 Rock

I've been re-watching the series in HD on Netflix and it is still awesome. I'm currently on the third episode of season four. Also, I'm going to attempt to watch "Live Show" again. I think this show works better when you watch it without having to wait a week between episodes.


Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old October 20th, 2010, 2:55 am
HMN's Avatar
HMN  Female.gif HMN is offline
Assistant to Minister Longbottom
 
Joined: 3195 days
Location: in denial
Posts: 2,082
Re: 30 Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberEight View Post
I've been re-watching the series in HD on Netflix and it is still awesome. I'm currently on the third episode of season four. Also, I'm going to attempt to watch "Live Show" again. I think this show works better when you watch it without having to wait a week between episodes.
Such a good idea! I don't think I ever saw the first season, but I bet it's really good. I find that I hear and get more of the jokes when I watch it a second time.


__________________
is totally awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 6th, 2012, 8:45 pm
eddie330  Male.gif eddie330 is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1034 days
Location: Why do you care?
Posts: 177
Re: 30 Rock

Anyone watch the Live Episodes?


__________________

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 25th, 2012, 1:40 pm
HMN's Avatar
HMN  Female.gif HMN is offline
Assistant to Minister Longbottom
 
Joined: 3195 days
Location: in denial
Posts: 2,082
Re: 30 Rock

I always cringe at Live Episodes but 30 Rock did a great job. I saw both feeds - one live one on Hulu - and I have to say I enjoyed Paul McCartney's cameo much better than the Kardashian one.

I think I may rewatch the first season during the summer since there isn't anything good on TV then.


__________________
is totally awesome!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 2:39 am.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.