Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand

The Next Dark Lord

Old October 18th, 2012, 9:16 pm
First Year

Re: The Next Dark Lord

The stature of secrecy no longer exists as the new prime minister of England revealed the magical world to the people. Harry must protect himself and his family during the war against magical people, and forms an unlikely alliance with Viktor Krum, who doesn't quite see eye to eye with Harry about the treatment of the hostile muggles.

Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:50 pm
First Year

I think Gregory Goyle will be the next Dark Lord. Albiet this will be a short reign as he plans to take out Potter. He never got over being saved but he lacks the skill and wits to stay around long as the next Dark Lord.

Old November 4th, 2012, 1:19 am
First Year

I don't think Umbridge would be
the next Dark Lord, or in her case,
Dark Lady.

I can see Umbridge as similar to
Wormtail, though only as someone
who goes along with whoever is
in charge.

The next DL will likely be someone we've never heard of.

Old November 4th, 2012, 1:40 am
Third Year

Here's a thought I just had on this topic: I think that if there were to be someone who would rise in power as a Dark Lord than it might not be one person but instead a group of people. The Death Eaters were a group but they were lead by Voldemort. What if the group of people is like an oligarchy or something? Or you could think of it like the branches in the U.S government. There is the "separation of powers" as well as the "checks and balances".
"Separation of Powers" prevents one branch from having all the power. So for the Dark Lord Group, each person would have a certain amount of power but no one person would have all the power.
"Checks and balances" means that each branch checks the other so that no branch can have more power over the other branches nor can it have more power overall. Again, this method could also work in a Dark Lord Group allowing it to function as a group rather than a tyranny or something.

Old November 4th, 2012, 11:00 pm
Second Year

I was really fascinated by the idea that Albus Severus Potter would be the next Dark Lord and the bit on his initials: ASP. But Harry and Ginny won't let that happen.

I agree, it would be someone who we haven't heard of before or someone or someone related to someone who was overlooked in the books. It wold be a big twist, something we would not really expect.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand