Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall

The worst song you ever heard.

Old December 7th, 2011, 9:13 am
Fourth Year

Re: The worst song you ever heard.

i had a holiday job in a jewellers one Christmas - a whole month and the only music we played was Phil Spector's Christmas album.........

These days if I hear a christmas song by Phil Spector I HAVE to leave the room....

Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2011, 9:31 pm
First Year

Friday- Rebecca Black

Old February 15th, 2012, 7:16 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker07 View Post
Friday- Rebecca Black
^ This one.

It's so bad !

Old February 15th, 2012, 6:27 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsmorder View Post
Viva La Vida by Coldplay.
I LOVE THAT SONG! Why don't you like it?

I love it because it's so simple; with just a few suggestive words you totally understand everything about the guy they're talking about:

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

This guy used to be the biggest baddest guy around, he 'ruled the world' and now the best he can hope for is life is to 'sweep the streets [he] used to own', it's a song about a guy who goes from his highest high to the lowest low... ah, love it... the lyrics are magical to me. =^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiedoodle View Post
I used to work in a record shop in the 1980's - and this was the worst song out then - we used to hate it when customers asked us to play it in the shop:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kGpbBFbmQw

It's the chicken song by Spitting Image - and you do SO not want to watch it!
That was the most disturbing thing I think I've ever seen. It was like demented Muppets. I'm going to have nightmares, I think...

I agree about Rebecca Black's Friday - awful song

My personal recent most-hated songs include:
  • Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri: It's weird. I get the mental image of a guy literally carrying around a bloody jar full of human hearts. I'm disturbed and I have to change the station whenever it comes on the radio.
  • Firework - Katy Perry: It's annoying, it's overplayed and i'm just plain sick of hearing it.
  • Rolling in the Deep - Adele: This one makes me sad. I used to really like this song but it suffers the same fate as Firework in that it was way overplayed (tho I never liked Firework to begin with)
  • It Will Rain - Bruno Mars: I don't like this song for the opposite reason I love Viva La Vida; it's weridly specific "If you ever leave me, baby / Leave some morphine at my door / Cause it would take a whole lot of medication / To realize what we used to have / We don't have it anymore" Weird.
  • We Found Love - Rhianna: Overplayed. I drive a lot for work and if this song isn't currently playing on the station I'm listening to it will be playing in 10 minutes. Or playing now on one of five other local stations. I can drive 100 miles round trip and hear the same 5 songs on the radio the whole time. GRR!!

My general most hated song list:
  • Barbie Girl - Aqua: HORRENDOUS! I bleed from the ears if I hear this song.
  • 80-90% of Christmas music in general. I go through a bout of liking some Christmas music in about July of every year and then I go back to hating it. I will boycott my favorite radio stations if they go 24/7 christmas music during the holidays. I love Manheim Steamroller's Christmas album though. =^D
  • "This is the song that doesn't end... yes it goes on and on my friend... some people stated singing it not knowing what it was, and they continued singing it forever just just because! This is the song that doesn't end... yes it goes on and on my friend..."
    I'm sorry.
  • There's a Prince song that has this like two minute long screechy guitar solo that I can't handle. Guitar solos in general, okay. Heavy metal guitars okay. Two uninterrupted minutes of non-melodic wailing on a guitar not okay.
  • Offensive rap or hiphop. Period. I don't need to hear about body parts or hear a swear word every other line. Give me clever lyrics, allude to things. I don't need a play-by-play of last weekend with your girlfriend.

Old May 10th, 2012, 9:48 pm
Second Year

I was unfortunate enough to have listened to 'Don't Put It On Me' by Courtney Stodden recently. It is absolutely THE stupidest song I've ever heard (yes, even worse than 'Friday' by Rebecca Black). Plus, I don't see anything that says "sixteen-year-old" about the singer...

Also dislike music by those "cutsie" teen stars from Disney channel (i.e Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus etc)

I also intensely dislike heavy metal/emo music. It just sounds like a bunch of random metal objects being banged together by a two-year-old, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess_Clio View Post
Barbie Girl - Aqua: HORRENDOUS! I bleed from the ears if I hear this song.
Ugh, I know, her voice is so....annoying. That song gets on my nerves.

Picture by LaurelSKY from http://laurelsky.deviantart.com/art/...tter-170927604

"Its hooves made no mark on the soft ground as it stared at Harry with its large, silver eyes. Slowly, it bowed its antlered head. And Harry realized..."Prongs..."
- Hermione's Secret, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Old June 7th, 2012, 6:24 pm
First Year

Stupid Hoe by Nicki Minaj. I only heard half of it once but it was so horrific, I've never recovered.

Old September 14th, 2012, 6:15 am
Second Year

"Come on" from Mushroomhead.
Mushroomhead and their fans go on and on about how Slipknot stole Mushroomhead's style (masks and custom percussion) and that's the only reason why Slipknot is so big, but point blank, those people are idiots and they're just plain wrong.

Slipknot doesn't write obnoxious songs that are garbage.

I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?
Old September 14th, 2012, 5:10 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryVeil View Post
Ugh, I know, her voice is so....annoying. That song gets on my nerves.
I went on a study abroad trip and one of my professor's cell phones had Barbie Girl as the ringer; her daughter played a joke on her and changed it to that song and my professor couldn't figure out how to change it back. It was awful.

Old November 6th, 2012, 3:41 am
First Year

I would have to say we are never getting back together by Taylor Swift. If you ask me that is not only the worst but the most annoying as well

Old November 8th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

One of the worst: Mariah Carey's take on Def Leppards song, Bringing on the Heartbreak... . It's earbleedingly bad O_o.

My first ship, Perry Mason and Della Street .

Credit goes to Viacom for the Perry Mason films, no copyright infringement intended.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X-Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall