Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak

Pottermore v.12

Old November 9th, 2012, 2:50 am
First Year

Re: Pottermore v.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormere View Post
I know there are two items to find that usually get points, but did you actually see your points increase when you collected them?
Yes, actually.

Old November 9th, 2012, 2:54 am
First Year

I'm glad the potions have been made easy again. I think they only tweaked some things to make the Polyjuice Potion a real challenge. Excited for the House Cup, but unfortunately, I'm recently finding myself too busy to log on. But hopefully there will come a time, Anywho, goodluck to everybody!
I hope they release more information from the latest COS chapters, as mirromere theorized!

Old November 9th, 2012, 2:58 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormere View Post
I know there are two items to find that usually get points, but did you actually see your points increase when you collected them?
I always keep track of my points and I know for sure that I got 2 points when I collected the items in that moment. I collected the Montague Knightley Chocolate Card and Nature’s Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy when I entered the Slytherin common room and collected 2 points for them.

In case anyone is curious as to how many points there were for book 2, there were 110. There were 39 pts in book 1, making a total of 149 pts. I only receive points for collecting things, etc since I can't duel or make potions. So the points I collected from the different moments are easy to see. That is unless I missed something. But I have double-checked with mirrormere's list.

Wand: Laurel with unicorn core, twelve and a quarter inches, slightly springy

House: Hufflepuff
Old November 9th, 2012, 4:22 am
The Potions Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0tterFan View Post
Yes, actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velva View Post
I always keep track of my points and I know for sure that I got 2 points when I collected the items in that moment. I collected the Montague Knightley Chocolate Card and Nature’s Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy when I entered the Slytherin common room and collected 2 points for them.
That doesn't seem quite fair, then. Though we were probably uncatchable before the remaining chapters were released.

Quote:
In case anyone is curious as to how many points there were for book 2, there were 110. There were 39 pts in book 1, making a total of 149 pts. I only receive points for collecting things, etc since I can't duel or make potions. So the points I collected from the different moments are easy to see. That is unless I missed something. But I have double-checked with mirrormere's list.
My list is missing Minera's Needlework, btw. I've reported that problem - I hope everyone else has too. MerryLore and I experimented: she gifted m me the Needlework but then couldn't recollect it. It seems only some of the first explorers were able to collect it.

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Last edited by mirrormere; November 9th, 2012 at 6:00 am.
Old November 9th, 2012, 5:16 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccollinsmith View Post
I have no troubles with Pottermore on a MacBook (2008 MacBook Pro or 2010 MacBook Air).

Just sayin'
lol...

I'm using a 6 year old Compaq running Ubuntu 10.04 and I've never had a probem with Pottermore either...

Just sayin'

Genuine, Unique, & Authentic Hand-Crafted Magical Wands, Made in the heart of the Rocky Mountains! With real magical cores! Christian Mills, Master Wandmaker. (Click on the card to visit the wand shoppe!)

PROUD RAVENCLAW

Pottermore Info: Spruce & Unicorn Hair Wand, Ten & Three Quarters Inches, Hard. Ravenclaw, SunElm8... If you want to friend me on Pottermore, send me a PM here first...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Old November 9th, 2012, 8:31 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccollinsmith View Post
I have no troubles with Pottermore on a MacBook (2008 MacBook Pro or 2010 MacBook Air).

Just sayin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_mills View Post
lol...

I'm using a 6 year old Compaq running Ubuntu 10.04 and I've never had a probem with Pottermore either...

Just sayin'

Lucky you! *is envious*

Browsing on Pottermore is so challenging for me that I gave up for the time being. Between the storms (Athena after Sandy, and Brutus brewing), the elections and other RL problems, I haven't had the time to get to Pottermore, or even to read the latest entries in Challenge 5. So I'm limiting my online activity.

I hear that Ravenclaw is trailing badly in the race for the House Cup? Unfortunately, with my measly 100 points and my uselessness at potions and duelling, I can't be much help.

Old November 9th, 2012, 9:09 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyannaS View Post
I hear that Ravenclaw is trailing badly in the race for the House Cup? Unfortunately, with my measly 100 points and my uselessness at potions and duelling, I can't be much help.
Yup, trailing by about 2 million points.

Wouldn't mind Slytherin winning again if the prize is something fun the second time around other than an advance go through some chapters.

Pottermore name: AshJinx7349
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:56 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMatthews View Post
Yup, trailing by about 2 million points.

Wouldn't mind Slytherin winning again if the prize is something fun the second time around other than an advance go through some chapters.
Do you have to twist the knife in the wound?

I'm kidding. I don't really mind. I can't complain since I'm contributing so little to Ravenclaw on Pottermore...

Old November 10th, 2012, 1:21 am
Third Year

Lyanna,

I am sorry about all the things happening. I can't really sympathize. Except for winds and very cold weather, Wyoming doesn't really have any issues... We have more wild horses than rain storms, and hurricanes or earthquakes are a thousand miles away.

Also, I wasn't trying to rub in the salt with my Linux computer. It was just to show that Apple isn't the only alternative to Windows...

Hope things settle down and normalize for you!
CM

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, even though Ravenclaw is struggling in total house points we still have the lead in points per player!

Genuine, Unique, & Authentic Hand-Crafted Magical Wands, Made in the heart of the Rocky Mountains! With real magical cores! Christian Mills, Master Wandmaker. (Click on the card to visit the wand shoppe!)

PROUD RAVENCLAW

Pottermore Info: Spruce & Unicorn Hair Wand, Ten & Three Quarters Inches, Hard. Ravenclaw, SunElm8... If you want to friend me on Pottermore, send me a PM here first...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by captain_mills; November 10th, 2012 at 1:29 am.
Old November 10th, 2012, 7:23 am
Banned

Quote:
Also, I wasn't trying to rub in the salt with my Linux computer. It was just to show that Apple isn't the only alternative to Windows...
Oh I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about House points, RebeccaMatthews telling me that we were trailing by 2 million.

Quote:
Hope things settle down and normalize for you!
CM
Thanks!

Quote:
EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, even though Ravenclaw is struggling in total house points we still have the lead in points per player!
Oh goodie! That makes me feel better, thanks.

Old November 11th, 2012, 6:22 am
Hogwarts Graduate

The House Cup is going to be awarded on November 21.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98
Old November 12th, 2012, 7:54 am
Banned

I finally got to Pottermore. Thanks to Mirrormere, I found most of the collectibles in chapter 12, but not the key to Hagrid's hut. I could only find ONE spider outside the greenhouse. Is there a trick to uncovering those little beasties?

Considering the problems I had with the gnomes and the pixies, I stopped before tackling the spiders.

Last edited by LyannaS; November 12th, 2012 at 8:24 am.
Old November 12th, 2012, 3:44 pm
The Potions Master

Glad that things are stabilizing and getting back to normal!

I have updated my list to include how to find the spiders and the Needlework object (one Minerva's desk) that only a few people were able to collect. Click here for that list.

I've heard that the door closes behind Hagrid and so some folks have trouble collecting the key. For some reason, I don't have a door at all and so collecting the key wasn't a problem. You may want to try again.

Last edited by mirrormere; November 12th, 2012 at 7:03 pm.
Old November 12th, 2012, 6:41 pm
Banned

Thanks, mirrormere. You'll want to edit your post, you put "uro" instead of "url" to give the link to your list.

Hagrid's door was closed for me, I couldn't find a key or keyhole. It wouldn't open when I clicked on it either. Weird that it was open for you. I'll try again a bit later.

Is there a trick to fend off the spiders at the end of chapter 15?

Last edited by LyannaS; November 13th, 2012 at 6:58 am. Reason: Correct chapter number
Old November 12th, 2012, 6:44 pm
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Hagrid's door was closed for me, I couldn't find a key or keyhole. It wouldn't open when I clicked on it either. Weird that it was open for you. I'll try again a bit later.
I couldn't get the key, either, until I had finished all the chapters. Then when I went back to that moment the door was open and the key was laying there.

Quote:
Is there a trick to fend off the spiders at the end of chapter 12?
Just click the spiders once. I tend to double click, which isn't the best way. And try to click on them when they are as far back as possible. When they start to vibrate, then they have been stopped.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old November 12th, 2012, 7:06 pm
The Potions Master

Quote:
Thanks, mirrormere. You'll want to edit your post, you put "uro" instead of "url" to give the link to your list.
Done! Thanks. I usually check, but was in a hurry this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
I couldn't get the key, either, until I had finished all the chapters. Then when I went back to that moment the door was open and the key was laying there.
Now that you mention it, I missed the key completely the first time through. Maybe that's why the door is always open for me?

Quote:
Just click the spiders once. I tend to double click, which isn't the best way. And try to click on them when they are as far back as possible. When they start to vibrate, then they have been stopped.
I found that if I double clicked (or more), the spiders turned completely around and left. Hm. And the bigger the spider, the more clicks I needed to get them to turn around.

Old November 13th, 2012, 4:56 am
Third Year

Mirrormere,

I wonder if there is something common to those who are able to collect the needlework. Finding a common thread between those who can pick it up and those who can't might help understand why most aren't capable of getting it. Not saying you have to do it, but I'm curious to know myself.

Who has been able to get it?

PROUD RAVENCLAW

Old November 13th, 2012, 5:08 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I didn't collect needlework, didn't know there was any to collect.
and what were we supposed to do about the spiders? I saw them running and nothing happened when I clicked on them.

Old November 13th, 2012, 5:36 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
I didn't collect needlework, didn't know there was any to collect.
and what were we supposed to do about the spiders? I saw them running and nothing happened when I clicked on them.
The needlework is beside the plaid tin in Minerva's office, Chap. 18; no one's been able to collect since very early on.

These spiders are the ones in Chap. 15, Rescued from the Forest. You'll enable the Ford to come and save Harry and Ron and then you can collect some stuff.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98
Old November 13th, 2012, 6:28 am
The Potions Master

Quote:
Mirrormere,

I wonder if there is something common to those who are able to collect the needlework. Finding a common thread between those who can pick it up and those who can't might help understand why most aren't capable of getting it. Not saying you have to do it, but I'm curious to know myself.

Who has been able to get it?
It seems the earlier explorers got them. MerryLore gifted hers to me but then couldn't recollect it (I sent it back to her.)

But I would also be interested in seeing who got the Needlework object and approximately when they were online when they collected it.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak