Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Burrow: Mrs Weasley's Hobbies & Crafts > Family & Parenting

Tweens and Makeup

Old July 12th, 2011, 4:07 pm
First Year

Re: Tweens and Makeup

too young i only started wearing makeup recently and i'm 16 gonna be seventeen in 2 months and the only reason i wear any at all is if i'm going to an event or if we have guests and its not plastered on a little cover up slight eyeliner and maybe mascara and transparent lip gloss nothing gaudy and the only reason i wear THAT is because my brother and mother told me i should start. tweens should be having fun playing outside not worrying about their eyeliner or their lipgloss they're too young. nowadays people grow up too young to fast. luckily i'm still a big kid and proud of it. whats wrong with being a kid? its easy and fun your mommy makes you food when you want and you get to watch cartoons and play video games and you don't have to obsess over nonsense wich shouldn't concern you. definatly too young.

Old August 7th, 2011, 1:52 am
First Year

I think that 10 and a 1/2 is too young. I wasn't allowed to wear anything except lip gloss or chap stick until high-school, by my father's decree, and I wasn't allowed lip gloss until middle school. I never wear make-up, only a little bit of cover up for days I have really bad acne, and eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow on special occasions - but even that is pretty light. Kids just don't need it.
I honestly just think 10 is too young. It's looks odd on younger children, and people will be confused.
I'm a teenager, sixteen, and some people I know would look at ten year old wearing tons and tons make up and says rude things about that child, about how she's going to grow up. That may not always be true, of course, but children are children - they don't need to be so adult so young. Just start out with basic lip gloss, like a light pink, and let her get different shades, because if you tell her none, she'll likely rebel. But keep it basic, and she'll get what she wants without going off the deep end and plunging into tons of make-up before high school

May the Bloodsnitch have mercy on your souls.

Last edited by caina421; August 7th, 2011 at 1:58 am.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:46 pm
Second Year

I just don't think anyone needs any makeup. I seem to be in a very small minority on this matter, though.

Old March 6th, 2012, 9:18 pm
First Year

daily make-up for a 10.5 yo is a big NO (IMO) however it's a good age to start giving lessons, something you both can do together, get all gussied up (hair and face) put on some nice clothes and give dad/brother/whoever a cat walk show, including in the lesson how to properly wash it all off. Deff ok for very special/rare occasions and/or holiday's in appropiate amounts/colors.

Old January 28th, 2013, 1:23 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa_Fefalas View Post
I just don't think anyone needs any makeup. I seem to be in a very small minority on this matter, though.
I could not agree more. I have not worn any in decades, and only ever wore it on rare occasions.

Though as my kids are male I rather doubt I will need to engage in any parenting struggles over this issue.

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Burrow: Mrs Weasley's Hobbies & Crafts > Family & Parenting