Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Neville play a major role in Deathly Hallows?

Old May 7th, 2007, 1:48 am
First Year

Re: Will Neville play a major role in Deathly Hallows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollonia View Post
He'll definitely be there and do something important, and might kill Bellatrix, although I can't see him using the Avada Kedravra.
Me neither. It's hard for me to imagine any of the students using AK.IF I remember right,even Harry hasn't been able to do an unforgiveable curse yet, though he's tried.

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2007, 2:19 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Neville has been very present, yet insignificant, so I definitely want to see him be important in the new book. Do something that will make his grandmother proud… or give her a good whack over the head, but since I don’t foresee him doing that…

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old May 7th, 2007, 2:26 am
First Year

idk idt he will DD said harry was the one didnt he

Do you really want Peter Griffin putting you on his "What Really Grinds My Gears" list, now do you!!!

Join the ASA today and help prevent [/SIGPIC]howthread.php?t=101224]spoilers!

im a hufflepuff and pround of it
Attack of the badger
Old May 7th, 2007, 2:38 am
Second Year

I don't think Neville will play a major role, but I think he will probably be tehre to get his revenge on Bellatrix...and possibly prove that he's better at more than just Herbology.

Kind of coming off this, do you guys think that the fact that Neville could have been the boy the prophecy was about will be important? Sorry if this has been asked already.

"It is important to fight, to fight again, and to keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated."
--Albus Dumbledore
Old May 7th, 2007, 3:50 am
I want to believe

I actually think Neville will play a significant role. In OotP and HPB we've seen how Neville has evolved from the boy he was back in book one. I think this trend of evolution will continue, and Neville will prove himself to be a great wizard in his own right and in a different way than Harry. From the first book where Neville was willing to stand up to his friends I think Neville's courage will continue to grow and will play an important part in DH before the end. Of course, his role won't be as important as the trio's, but I do believe he will have his part to play in the story.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old May 7th, 2007, 8:49 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

Neville's role in HBP wasn't nearly as big as it was in OotP so I'll be really disappointed if he doesn't get a little bit more page time in DH. I think that his story is important, and engaging enough that it has to be resolved in more than a passing sentence or two.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old May 7th, 2007, 9:01 am
Second Year

Neville can not be the one to finish off Voldermort. It has been said too many times in the books by Dumbledore that Harry must kill Volermort and that while the prophecy could have been for either harry or neville, it was harry who was choosen by V's own hand. I do believe however that neville is going to play a big part in the takedown of the deatheaters. JKR on her website also says flat out that neville no longer has anything to do with the prophecy.

Old May 7th, 2007, 5:21 pm
First Year

I think there is a good chance that neville will play a important part in the final book.. He is one of many who has been personally effected by voldemort and he is a pretty close friend to harry. He showed his dedication in book 5 by fighting along side harry (they all did) and i think towards the end of book 7 we will see something like that happen again. Neville has always been a pretty quite person through out the series, im sure rowling has something special planned for him in this one

Old May 8th, 2007, 2:01 am
First Year

i think he and alot of the DA will. Neville, Luna, Ginny and the trio will have exceptionally large roles, and Neville will probably fight LV, before Harry kills him.

Old May 8th, 2007, 4:15 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Because of his personal vendetta I would be offended if he doesn't kill the Lestranges! I have waiting to see him fight for a long time. How it would happen knowing his track record, I have know idea. But, it would be something of beauty. So I hope that is the major role he has to play. As for dealing with LV before, hand...I doubt it. LV is saving himself for Harry, he is the only won LV is focused on.

Old May 11th, 2007, 6:08 am
Third Year

We've been seeing Neville come into his own in the last two books and I think he will keep getting better. He is close with Ginny and the trio as they are the only friends he has and he will anything he can for the people he cares about same as Harry. When he found out that the person who tortured his parents got out he got serious and I think that's when something clicked in his brain telling him he had to give spells and other things the same effort he gives in Herbology. He will be there helping Harry's effort if it cost him his life.

Old May 11th, 2007, 3:46 pm
First Year

I think Neville will be huge in Deathly Hallows. His courage and skills have been building all along throughout the series, and he's gonna do something big, I think.

Old May 11th, 2007, 4:06 pm
Second Year

Quote:
I think Neville will be huge in Deathly Hallows. His courage and skills have been building all along throughout the series, and he's gonna do something big, I think.
I disagree, although he will play some role in the book, I'm inclined to think his role will not be huge. He is not the chosen one, and was not chosen by Voldemort, and, furthermore, can you really see Neville killing anyone?

Yes, I know war changes people and often causes them to act in irrational ways, but, to me Neville holds a different form of bravery to the form that Harry has: bravery is not simply (to paraphrase from To Kill a Mockingbird) holding a gun or wand, it is the ability to resist and stay strong, despite what hardships you have come across. Yes, Neville may have a desire to kill the Death Eaters, after all they have ruined his family, however, it does not seem to be in Neville's character to actually follow through.

Remember, his favourite subject is herbology, not defense against the dark arts. Herbology is the nuturing of plants, and that's what Neville does best

Old May 11th, 2007, 4:27 pm
Second Year

It depends on what your definition of major to determine Neville's roll. He will probably continue as he has in the past. He has been a character who is a step behind the majors. He is a wonderful example of the child brought up in a domineering family who has no self confidence. His breaking away from the family at school and being noticed by his peers has helped him to break out and show his true nature. I see Neville as continuing to show us how Voldemort has effected others in the wizarding community, not just Harry.
I do believe that he will have a face to face with Bellatrix but I am unsure of the outcome. It would be a terrible shock to see this young man who has grown so much over the years die but then again it would also reinforce the evil of the Dark Lord and his followers. This has never been a series that has the good guys always winning. They temporarily defeat, hold the status quo and make headway but not without loss. Neville is the boy who wasn't and could be the boy who didn't live.
I am fairly positive that he will not be the one to take out Voldemort.

Old May 11th, 2007, 8:12 pm
Student

I'm not sure that Neville will play a huge part in DH, but I definitely see him playing an important part. I agree with T_Riddle in that I don't see him following through with killing a Death Eater. It's not in his nature to kill.

Old May 12th, 2007, 5:32 pm
Second Year

IMO I agree that Neville will play a major role in DH, and he may even be there with Harry during the final battle to help Harry thwart Voldemort after he kills Bellatrix, I can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out that the Prophecy ' could ' have been about him also after he killed Bellatrix and helped Harry killing Voldermort also .

I can't wait to find out how JKR will solve this in book 7

I love Butterbeer and my Firebolt broomstick

I can't wait to read book 7
Old May 25th, 2007, 11:02 pm
First Year

from americanbaby.com

"Most people picture Neville as an Englishman who is either a rich, suave sophisticate, or a quiet, absent-minded professor."

well neville longbottom is already absent-minded and more than likely a quiet person. all thats left is the professor part....

Old May 26th, 2007, 12:11 am
Fourth Year

Maybe Neville won't kill a Death Eater but I'm sure he will at least have a part in capturing the Lestranges. It would be unfortunae if he could not get his revenge on Bella. It's not in his nature to hurt others but a change has come upon him since OOTP. Neville obviously won't play such a main role as Hermione or Ron in my opinion but still be a visible presence against Voldemort.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Emma Watson

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old May 27th, 2007, 7:02 pm
First Year

Neville will DEFINITELY have a MAJOR role in the 7th Harry Potter book.
How could he not?
He is underestimated in every book.

She's standing outside holding me
Saying oh please
I'm in love
I'm in love
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:40 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusLupinFan View Post
I actually think Neville will play a significant role. In OotP and HPB we've seen how Neville has evolved from the boy he was back in book one. I think this trend of evolution will continue, and Neville will prove himself to be a great wizard in his own right and in a different way than Harry. From the first book where Neville was willing to stand up to his friends I think Neville's courage will continue to grow and will play an important part in DH before the end. Of course, his role won't be as important as the trio's, but I do believe he will have his part to play in the story.
I agree. This is pretty much enforced by what JKR said on her official site:

Quote:
Of course, none of this should be taken to mean that Neville does not have a significant part to play in the last two novels, or the fight against Voldemort.
Taking that into account, I expect Neville to play a relatively important part in DH, even if he's not off defeating Voldemort like Harry.

Move on, move on
No there's nothing changing

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies