Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References > The Quibbler > The Quibbler

Ask Snape - The Game



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old August 1st, 2008, 4:37 am
The_Green_Woods's Avatar
The_Green_Woods  Undisclosed.gif The_Green_Woods is offline
Always Indy's Girl
 
Joined: 4861 days
Posts: 6,026
Ask Snape - The Game

Hi everyone,

This is a game where questions, funny and silly and well yeah, sometimes serious can be asked of Professor Snape.

The game itself is very simple.

The idea is taken from a Hogsmeade game, started by storyteller, who got the idea from our one and only ignisia.

It is what the name of the thread says. I will start off by asking a question to Snape as if I was someone from the HP world. The next person who will respond, will respond as Snape. And they in turn will ask a question to Snape.

So each post will have an answer from Snape and a question to Snape from a character who wishes to ask him something. I'll start off.

(You can imagine Snape as living and dead ) Both works.

ETA :: Credit for the name and the idea of opening this thread here goes to zgirnius.


--------------------

Dear Severus,

I have come to know that you have been nominated for the up coming Minister of Magic elections. I am very happy about this for your sake Severus. But you have remained silent so far and in fact you seem to have disappeared from your portrait. Where are you and when will you be coming to join your supporters who are waiting anxiously for you? (yes I am one too, though silently )

I would like to see you win this Severus. It would make me feel very happy because it will show that you have been finally accepted by the WW for whose sake you worked so hard for so many years.

Harry, I am very happy has accepted both of us. The proof is in little Al Severus's name (which makes me inordinately proud).

Hoping you will become the next Minister for Magic.

Yours even if you would not believe it,

Albus Dumbledore

----------------
The next person will answer as Snape and then also ask a question to Snape.

Come on people! Bring on the snark, the snarl, the hiss and the funnies. Snape is okay with everything. He's a total sport and he'll take it on!


__________________
The man who, in my opinion, won the war against Voldemort for Harry Potter and the Light! Severus Snape!

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:

Last edited by The_Green_Woods; August 1st, 2008 at 6:55 am. Reason: Forgot to credit zg. :)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old August 1st, 2008, 6:09 am
ignisia's Avatar
ignisia  Female.gif ignisia is offline
Leader of the GLITTELUTION
 
Joined: 5179 days
Location: Sitting in a Tin Can
Age: 31
Posts: 4,418
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Yay! Way to bring the Snapiness to our non-Hogsie friends.
But I must point out, the idea for ask Snape wasn't mine. I first saw it here.

Anyway...onto the snark!

Dumbledore-

If you must know, I am staying in an alternate portrait in the Potions lab. Slughorn's replacement cannot tell ground Unicorn hoof from pure cane sugar, and I am once again forced to protect my beloved dungeon and the not-so-beloved students from a fiery death.

And I am not at all pleased with my nomination for the position of Minister. Granted, while I was alive, I may have wanted the honor, but as I am dead and merely a portrait, it seems rather fruitless. But I suppose the Wizarding World can do worse. I've heard Black and Potter are also in the running.
Just when I didn't think the general populace couldn't possibly get any stupider, they elect a boy who already gets lauded at every turn and a Labrador. Even the lunatic Lovegood would be preferable.

I must close this letter, as Miss Stebbins is about to add far too much armadillo bile to her concoction. You may not hear from me again.

Thanking God for small favors,
S. Snape

----------------------------------------------

Dear Snape,

I'm sorry I got my potion all over you. But you were being very mean, you know. How was I supposed to know that was the abbreviation for "teaspoon" instead of "tablespoon"?
I'm only writing because Professor Smith told me to anyway. I think you should go back to the headmaster's office and out of the classroom because grown-ups are the only people boring enough to like you.

Mathilda Stebbins

P.S. Don't you snitch on me and tell Professor Smith I said that, or I'll sneak out after hours and cover your portrait with bat spleens!


__________________
I am incapable of hating someone who, instead of using a spell to guard the Sorcerer's Stone, uses a logic puzzle.
I'm sorry.



VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Avatar by SIP

Last edited by ignisia; August 1st, 2008 at 6:11 am.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 1st, 2008, 6:40 am
The_Green_Woods's Avatar
The_Green_Woods  Undisclosed.gif The_Green_Woods is offline
Always Indy's Girl
 
Joined: 4861 days
Posts: 6,026
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

YAY! First response!
------------------

Dear Stebbins,

I suppose this defiance is because you think I will be unable to protect myself? *raises one eyebrow and sneers*

I request you to try and cover my portrait with bat spleen. The results will surprise you. I now understand that you lack knowledge not only in Potions but also in everything.

If you will indeed cover *sneer* my portrait with anything, it will rebound on you Miss. Stebbins. Do try.

S. Snape.

------------------

Sev,

How can I thank you for all that you did for my baby? He would have lost the war against Voldemort ahd it not been for your sacrifice.

Thank you Sev and.... Sev, will you be my best friend again? I have never been able to fill your place, Sev. Waiting for you.

Your best friend,
Lily


__________________
The man who, in my opinion, won the war against Voldemort for Harry Potter and the Light! Severus Snape!

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:34 pm
etecetera  Female.gif etecetera is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4384 days
Location: Lisbon
Posts: 1
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Lilly I did nothing for your baby, believe me, he was just as much of athickhead as his father. I did it for the world: a much worthier cause. Sorry to disappoint you.
As for our friendship, I'm afraid times has had its toll on both of us. I would never dare stop talking to you. However I'm afraid I can't be your "best" friend, for not only does it sound like some kind of stupid teenager term, but also I wouldn't be comfortable celebrating New Year's with your most despised thickhead arrogant husband, Potter. We can, however always stay in touch, and maybe things will work themselves out, who knows.

__


Snivellus, you never did answer how did a git like you end up a Prfessor, a Hogwarts Professor!!! I'm in awe at Dumbledore, he must really have lost his mind!

Oh well, Sirius sends love, stay away from my wife (ehehehe guess I won!),

A hug and kiss,
James Potter.

P.s.: Really... wash that hair!


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:57 pm
Pearl_Took's Avatar
Pearl_Took  Female.gif Pearl_Took is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 4631 days
Location: The Shire
Posts: 3,634
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by etecetera View Post
Snivellus, you never did answer how did a git like you end up a Prfessor, a Hogwarts Professor!!! I'm in awe at Dumbledore, he must really have lost his mind!

Oh well, Sirius sends love, stay away from my wife (ehehehe guess I won!),

A hug and kiss,
James Potter.

P.s.: Really... wash that hair!


Potter,

Get a life.

Bored already,

S. Snape



--------------------------------------------------------

Dear Severus,

You allowed my enemies to win. I will never forgive you for your betrayal.

NEVER.

Never ever ever ever ever EVER!!!!!!!!

Fuming,

Tom Riddle
aka Voldemort, the Dark Lord, You-Know-Who, etc. etc.


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:36 pm
PerfectDystopia  Female.gif PerfectDystopia is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 4599 days
Location: in Jayne Mansfield's car
Age: 27
Posts: 544
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Green_Woods

Sev,

How can I thank you for all that you did for my baby? He would have lost the war against Voldemort ahd it not been for your sacrifice.

Thank you Sev and.... Sev, will you be my best friend again? I have never been able to fill your place, Sev. Waiting for you.

Your best friend,
Lily
The_Green_Woods, do you honestly think Lily would ever say that?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Took

Dear Severus,

You allowed my enemies to win. I will never forgive you for your betrayal.

NEVER.

Never ever ever ever ever EVER!!!!!!!!

Fuming,

Tom Riddle
aka Voldemort, the Dark Lord, You-Know-Who, etc. etc.
Dear Voldemort,

If you wanted me to stay a Death Eater, you shouldn't have killed Lily.

Sincerely,
Severus Snape
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Snape,

Why were you so obsessed with finding out where I was on a full moon while we were at Hogwarts?

Sincerely,
Remus J. Lupin


__________________



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:08 am
ignisia's Avatar
ignisia  Female.gif ignisia is offline
Leader of the GLITTELUTION
 
Joined: 5179 days
Location: Sitting in a Tin Can
Age: 31
Posts: 4,418
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Quote:
The_Green_Woods, do you honestly think Lily would ever say that?
In all seriousness, why not? Snape saved Harry's life countless times and became a better person over the years. I don't really see any reason why she shouldn't forgive him and want to spend time with him after all these years. She's old enough to understand and forgive Snape just as much as Harry was in DH. If not, I'm very sad for her....

-----------------------------

Lupin--

Mainly because you and your oh-so-angelic friends had not yet learned a valuable and, as time has now told, wholly inaccurate lesson: nobody is above the law.

Next time, try bothering me with a question that is not painfully obvious.

Professor S. Snape

----------------------------

Professor Snape, sir!

Dobby is cleaning your classroom when he finds another knitted elf-hat from Harry Potter's friend. You should speaks to her if she is going into all the rooms and putting hats in them. The other elves is getting worried.

Signed,
Dobby


__________________
I am incapable of hating someone who, instead of using a spell to guard the Sorcerer's Stone, uses a logic puzzle.
I'm sorry.



VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Avatar by SIP
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 11:33 pm
wandaXmaximof's Avatar
wandaXmaximof  Female.gif wandaXmaximof is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 5565 days
Location: Hiding with Regulus Black! ^_^
Age: 37
Posts: 326
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Dobby,

How prey tell are the worries of elves and the activities of an insufferable know-it-all a concern of mine?

Signed,

Professor S. Snape

----------------------------

Snape

I was right all along about your true loyalties. I cannot belive you dared to betray the Dark Lord.

My useless sister should have never asked for you help.

I hope you enjoy yout time beyond the veil with mudbloods and blood-traitors.

Bellatrix


__________________


Please check out my new fanfic - Regrets and feedback.

Come Join Obliviate Forums

~* Proud Slytherin *~

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 4th, 2008, 12:48 am
ignisia's Avatar
ignisia  Female.gif ignisia is offline
Leader of the GLITTELUTION
 
Joined: 5179 days
Location: Sitting in a Tin Can
Age: 31
Posts: 4,418
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Dear Bellatrix,

Yes, I am having quite a bit of fun over here with Lily. Can you claim to have company half as charming? I think not.

Bother somebody else.

Professor Snape
"Sir" to you

---------------------

Dear Severus,

Minerva is spreading it everywhere, but in case you didn't hear the news, Neville Longbottom is our new Herbology Professor. Isn't that wonderful to hear? I always knew the boy would do well.

Anyway, Severus, I've arranged with the other portraits to throw Professor Longbottom a welcoming party, and I would be so glad if you could come.

I hope to see you soon,

A.D.


__________________
I am incapable of hating someone who, instead of using a spell to guard the Sorcerer's Stone, uses a logic puzzle.
I'm sorry.



VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Avatar by SIP
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 5:33 pm
SlytherinsHeir  Undisclosed.gif SlytherinsHeir is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4324 days
Posts: 7
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Albus,

I'm sorry, tell me again why I would want to go to a party OR spend unnecessary time around that dunderhead? And HOW did he manage to become a professor? He needs to have a rememberall permanently fixed to his arm!

Sincerely,
Prof. Snape

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Just for refrence, this is pre-HBP, ok?)

Dear Severus,

My inner eye has revealed to me a most disturbing vision! An ugly man with a big nose and greasy black hair was being pulled in two different directions by an old man with a long white beard and an ugly man who looked like a snake, then the greasy-haired one turned and killed the old man! What could this mean?!?

Yours Truly,
Professor Trelawney

P.S. For some strange reason, my supply of sherry is nearly gone. Do you know who might have been stealing it?


__________________
Slytherins RULE!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:23 am
RIPFRED  Female.gif RIPFRED is offline
Assistant to Mrs. Weasley
 
Joined: 4433 days
Location: Wonderland
Age: 25
Posts: 100
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Dear Professor Trelwaney,

I have no idea, what this means, who this man is, or anything about this vision. So never ask me about it again!

Sincerely,
Professor Snape

P.S. I have no idea who's been stealing your sherry.

............................................

Dear Professor,

My middle name, is Severus, after you. My father says you were the bravest man, he's ever known, could you give me some examples of some brave things you've done?

Sincerely,
Albus Potter

P.S. Do you think, I'll be as you put it, as arrogant, as my father and grandfather?


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old October 20th, 2008, 4:30 am
SallyTSKD  Undisclosed.gif SallyTSKD is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4308 days
Posts: 13
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Dear Mr Potter,

How on earth do you expect me to judge this on the basis of one six line letter? Let us hope for the best. Your father and grandfather set the benchmark so high, it would be difficult for you to match them. But predictions about the future are hardly my area of expertise. If you really want to know, try your Divination teacher. Now that, mercifully, Sybil Trelawney has finally retired, you might even get an intelligible and accurate answer from her successor.

Sadly, though, even a six line letter is enough to provide powerful evidence of you being currently almost as heedless and ignorant as your father at a similar age. Quite apart from the abysmal punctuation, and consequent mangling of your meaning, a moment’s thought might have suggested to you the advisability of applying first to your father for elucidation of his remark. Only he can tell you what he meant by it. I must admit to being most surprised to hear that he said it, just as I was to learn that he named you after me. I can only say that the last time I had occasion to use Legilimency on him, about 20 years ago, his views were rather different.

You have, I presume, been Sorted into Gryffindor, like the rest of your family, since you share that House’s tedious obsession with showy feats of heroism. I don’t, so I am going to decline your request. In any case, you would most likely find my reminiscences sadly dull. If you are absolutely desperate for first person narratives of heroic deeds, and can stomach the nauseating self glorification, under a thin veneer of modesty, which permeates every line, I recommend you to apply to Gilderoy Lockhart, c/o St Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Illnesses and Injuries, who will I am sure be delighted to send you a signed copy of every single volume of his memoirs, free of charge. They are certainly more dramatic than anything I could recount. However I feel bound to warn you (in case, as seems probable, you have difficulty distinguishing between fact and fiction) that should you ever require any actual assistance in doing something even faintly risky or challenging, it would be worse than useless to call upon Lockhart for help - particularly if he should get his memory back. As your father can confirm, he was a lot more danger to the world at large when he was in his right mind.

Yours sincerely,

Severus Snape

P.S. I notice that you sign yourself by your first name only, which is the sole redeeming feature of your missive, and suggests that you may have some glimmerings of sense, however faint, after all. You may well regret it, should you publicise your second name at school, since it lends itself all too readily to opprobrious nicknames. And I have no desire whatsoever to be associated with a namesake so little likely to do me credit as you appear to be at present.


Dear Professor Snape,

I’m not due to start at Hogwarts till next year, but there’s something I really want to know, and only you can help me, and my brother Albus told me he wrote to you last year, and that you were kind enough to reply….Well, what he actually said was that you bit his head off and spat out the pieces, and made him feel like a total idiot – but then he IS a total idiot, much of the time (Brothers!! Who needs them?) so why shouldn’t you tell him so? I certainly do, whenever he does something annoying. Anyway, you replied!

And I’M not an idiot, and my name is Lily, after my grandmother, and I know you liked her, so I thought you might be nice – or at any rate nicer – to ME! I have got red hair too, like her, and actually I think I look rather like her generally, though everyone says I don’t have her eyes. Anyway, I’m not afraid of you. I’m not afraid of ANYTHING! Mum is always saying I’m the cheekiest little monkey she’s ever come across, and then Dad says he can’t THINK where I came by it, and they both laugh. But I really admire my grandmother and I want to grow up just like her. And she was best friends with you when she was my age, so I don’t see why WE shouldn’t be friendly too, even if you didn’t get on with my dad and grandfather.

What happened was, when my aunt and uncle and cousins were round at our house last week, the grown ups were having a bit of an argument about some spell or other, and Aunt Hermione said to Dad that the only time he was ever any good at Potions was the year he was cheating and copying it all out of that book where you’d written stuff all over the margins. And HE said that that happened also to be the only year when he had a Potions teacher who didn’t hate his guts, and take every available opportunity to humiliate and denigrate him (and the other students too, come to that). And, he’d say this for Slughorn, at least HE believed in using positive reinforcement as a teaching tool, rather than terrifying his pupils till they couldn’t think straight. (I don’t think they realised I was paying any attention at this point, or that I’d understand what words like “denigrate” meant, but I did, because Aunt Hermione gave me a dictionary for my birthday when I was eight, and told me if I learnt five new words every day I’d soon have the widest vocabulary of anyone in the family. She added that I probably already had a wider vocabulary than my Uncle Ron, but that was a joke….I think!) And then Dad said that perhaps if he’d had Slughorn when he was younger he’d have been fine at Potions – after all my gran was really good at it, according to Slughorn. And Uncle Ron said, “Yeah, but maybe SHE was copying from Snape too! Not when they were older, of course, but when they were still friends.” And Aunt Hermione said, “Why not the other way round, and SHE was the creative genius and HE copied down her spells and later transferred them to his N.E.W.T. text book? Remind me, which of us three was it whose History of Magic notes we all revised from, and who rewrote whose essays so that they made sense?” And Mum said, “Well, no-one’s disputing that girls are more intelligent than boys, as a general rule, AND more sensible, and more hard-working, and that this family is a case in point. Anyone want to argue?” Dad and Uncle Ron hastily said no, which I think was very wise of them. So she went on, “But we have to admit that Snape was a whole lot brighter than YOU, Ron, and even, if I’m honest, than you, Harry, and I’m sure he also paid a lot more attention in class than either of you. He actually LIKED the subject, after all, and was interested in it, or he’d never have annotated his book the way he did, wherever his ideas came from. So he wouldn’t have needed to copy from Lily,as you two did from Hermione, and anyway since they were in different Houses they wouldn’t be together nearly as much, and they’d have to do most of their homework separately, unlike you lot.”

Then they had to stop what they were talking about, because Hugo came in with a black eye and a nosebleed and needed attention. He wouldn’t say how he got them, but I bet it was James’s fault. It always is.

So what I want to know is, did you copy my gran’s ideas, or did she copy yours? Or did you work with each other in Potions and come up with improvements on spells together? Or was it just a coincidence that you were both super brainy? I really want to know, because I think I’m pretty brainy too, and it must be really cool to invent spells that no-one else had ever thought of before. (My Uncle George is an inventor too. He invents jokes and sells them in his shops. I used to think they were really funny, but I’ve got fed up with them now I’m more mature. You’d get fed up with them too if you had a brother like James!!! ) So I’d like to invent really SERIOUS important spells, not silly tricks, and I thought that you might give me some tips on how to do it.

And please write back and tell me about my gran. You must have lots of stories about her when she was little, before she ever went to school. You’re the only one I can ask, because Dad’s Aunt Petunia isn’t speaking to us. Anyway, I don’t think she and Gran liked each other very much. She doesn’t seem to like anyone very much, except for her son Dudley. And maybe when I get to Hogwarts next year I could come and talk to your portrait – the one that’s hanging in the Potions classroom.

Yours hopefully,

Lily Potter


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old October 25th, 2008, 9:37 pm
ignisia's Avatar
ignisia  Female.gif ignisia is offline
Leader of the GLITTELUTION
 
Joined: 5179 days
Location: Sitting in a Tin Can
Age: 31
Posts: 4,418
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Dear loquacious whelp,

I suppose I shall have to start with the basics: Thank whatever God you believe in that you were not in my Potions class. You verbosity would get you poor grades in written assignments and would bore me to death.

And do not assume, in your arrogance, that just because you bear a vague resemblance to the first Lily Potter, I will treat you any better than I treat your siblings. At least your grandmother did not ramble on for paragraphs before getting to the point.

And speaking of your grandmother, neither she nor I "copied" anything. Our skills came from talent and practice. Lily most certainly was no cheater, and do not dare make the suggestion again.

Tell your family to leave me in peace,
Prof. S. Snape
-----------------------------

Dear Severus,

Congratulations on receiving the Dark Lord's Mark yesterday. He tells me he finds you a promising prospect. You may yet become part of his Inner Circle if you perform well in his service. He rewards his closest followers greatly.

Assuming he does not need you this Saturday, would you care to attend a party Narcissa and I are hosting? We would be honored to see you there. And please, do not skulk in the corner this time. It ruins the atmosphere. I suggest you mingle; we are inviting some of the loveliest girls from the purest Wizarding families in England, and you could do with forgetting that Mudblood.

Sincerely,
L.M.


__________________
I am incapable of hating someone who, instead of using a spell to guard the Sorcerer's Stone, uses a logic puzzle.
I'm sorry.



VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Avatar by SIP
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old October 27th, 2008, 7:21 pm
SallyTSKD  Undisclosed.gif SallyTSKD is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4308 days
Posts: 13
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Way-hey! Lily got a reply at last! And, all things considered, he could have been a lot ruder. I'm sure, underneath it all, he likes her really(to use Lily's favourite word. )

Just one nit-picking point : I'm convinced Snape would never be caught dead (which he is, sadly) using that dreadful Americanism "cheater". We British refer to "cheats" - at least the older and more literate of us do.


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old October 28th, 2008, 2:34 am
ignisia's Avatar
ignisia  Female.gif ignisia is offline
Leader of the GLITTELUTION
 
Joined: 5179 days
Location: Sitting in a Tin Can
Age: 31
Posts: 4,418
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyTSKD View Post
Way-hey! Lily got a reply at last! And, all things considered, he could have been a lot ruder. I'm sure, underneath it all, he likes her really(to use Lily's favourite word. )
I'm sure he does have a bit of a soft spot for those Potter kids...very very very deep down.
But the way I see it, Sev's just sick and tired of people owling him, so he makes his sarcasm short and sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyTSKD View Post
Just one nit-picking point : I'm convinced Snape would never be caught dead (which he is, sadly) using that dreadful Americanism "cheater". We British refer to "cheats" - at least the older and more literate of us do.
Unforunately, you'll catch me using Americanisms quite a lot, even when writing British characters. It's a rather awkward side effect of, well, being American.


__________________
I am incapable of hating someone who, instead of using a spell to guard the Sorcerer's Stone, uses a logic puzzle.
I'm sorry.



VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Avatar by SIP
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old October 28th, 2008, 7:08 am
SallyTSKD  Undisclosed.gif SallyTSKD is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4308 days
Posts: 13
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Quote:
Unforunately, you'll catch me using Americanisms quite a lot, even when writing British characters. It's a rather awkward side effect of, well, being American.
There's a lot of it about!

And it's horribly infectious. I find if I'm posting on message boards where there are large numbers, or a majority, of Americans, I automatically start using terms that would never occur in a conversation over here. Though I'm sure I'd be making (not sending ) all sorts of howlers should I attempt to write a FF conversation between characters in some US work of fiction.

I've heard the American edition of PS - or rather SS (sigh!) - "translated" all sorts of things for fear its poor little readers wouldn't be able to get their minds round any unfamiliar vocabulary. So possibly in THAT Snape and the other teachers do routinely refer to cheaters, and other terms that would, I'm convinced, have in RL set them scrawling red ink all over their pupils' essays, should they have appeared there.

Quote:
But the way I see it, Sev's just sick and tired of people owling him, so he makes his sarcasm short and sweet.
That's MY difficulty. I don't do short and sweet - or even short and SOUR, which might be a more appropriate description in the context - very easily. : You'll have noticed.


So who's going to ghost write Sev's reply to Lucius? Someone, please!


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old October 28th, 2008, 7:42 am
arithmancer's Avatar
arithmancer  Undisclosed.gif arithmancer is offline
Assistant to Professor Snape
 
Joined: 5483 days
Location: The Hogwarts Boathouse
Posts: 7,938
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Dear Lucius,

Be assured that the Dark Lord will find some errand for me this Saturday, and on any other occasion that you engage in transparent attempts to foist upon me your harridan of a sister-in-law. You might try inviting Rodolphus in my place – he’s not been quite right in the head since his last encounter with the Order.

Sincerely,

S. S.

***

Dear Professor Snape,

That Neville Longbottom is causing trouble again! This time he was suggesting I have Muggle blood in Muggle Studies class!! You’re the Headmaster – surely you should do something about this insolent boy!!!

Sincerely,

Professor A. Carrow


__________________
The Sorting Hat says I belong in Slytherin.



“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.


Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.

Last edited by arithmancer; October 28th, 2008 at 7:44 am.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old October 29th, 2008, 2:13 pm
ignisia's Avatar
ignisia  Female.gif ignisia is offline
Leader of the GLITTELUTION
 
Joined: 5179 days
Location: Sitting in a Tin Can
Age: 31
Posts: 4,418
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Dear Alecto,

Rest assured, he will be punished-- when he can be found. Longbottom has demonstrated surprising cleverness at choosing a hiding place and hasn't been seen since his last Defence Against the Dark Arts class. I may have seen him running down the 1st floor corridor at some point, but, unfortunately, he was faster than I was. Perhaps you should check the lower floors to find him.

Wishing you the best of luck,
Headmaster Snape
--------------

Dear Professor Snape,

Yesterday, I noticed something rather alarming. I was working on our Swelling Solution when I spotted a Nargle in your classroom. For your safety, perhaps you could wear the enclosed charm to ward it away. Otherwise it may start nesting in your socks.
Stay healthy, please. I would hate for the Nargles to cause you any harm.

Sincerely,
L. Lovegood



__________________
I am incapable of hating someone who, instead of using a spell to guard the Sorcerer's Stone, uses a logic puzzle.
I'm sorry.



VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Avatar by SIP
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old October 30th, 2008, 12:03 am
TerrierMom's Avatar
TerrierMom  Female.gif TerrierMom is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 5900 days
Location: Sol 3,Milky Way Galaxy
Age: 52
Posts: 323
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Miss Lovegood,

Exactly like your little "celebrity" friend Potter, it would seem that several years of magical education have not been wasted on you. I informed you the first day of your first Potions class in your first year that there would be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in my class, you dunderhead!


__________________________________________________ _______________

Severus, my darling!

I have always loved you! Anxiously hoping you return my affections

Yours Truly, Lord Voldemort


__________________
I love Quidditch, wish I could play. But this makes me ROTFL:
Tuesday. Hot. That lot from across the marsh have been at it again. Playing a stupid game on their broomsticks. A big leather ball landed in my cabbages. I hexed the man who came for it. I’d like to see him fly with his knees on back to front, the great hairy hog.
Giggles. Snorts. Gertie Keddle, I salute you. Wipes tears from eyes.

Last edited by TerrierMom; October 30th, 2008 at 12:28 am.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old November 4th, 2008, 1:58 pm
SlytherinsHeir  Undisclosed.gif SlytherinsHeir is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4324 days
Posts: 7
Re: Ask Snape -- The Game

Ratface,

Honestly, Wormtail, you're not that clever, and that letter was disgusting, especially when one realises it came from you.

I'm going to hex you when I get back,
Severus Snape

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Mr.Snape,

YOU'VE WON!!! Your name was entered in the grand prize drawing at our store! Please come to Madam Mophrey's Fashion Robes in Diagon Alley to pick up your prize!

Sincerely,
Madam Mophrey

P.S. Out of curiosity, why did you ask Lucius Malfoy to enter your name instead of doing it yourself?


__________________
Slytherins RULE!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References > The Quibbler > The Quibbler

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 6:17 am.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.