Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Once Upon A Time

Old December 7th, 2012, 4:09 am
Registered Animagus

Re: Once Upon A Time

Yeah, for some reason the show just has no heart anymore for me. What i liked about this show was all the nice quiet character moments and that has been like nonexistent this season. They are also doing way too much with the villains. I mean i get it, they are evil, quit trying to pretend like they aren't. It just isn't working for me at all.

I want them to go back the good vs evil thing they had going on before. The show has just been boring. I don't really think it has had a plot this season. I mean Season 1 had a plot. This season just seems to be them trying to convince me that Regina has a soul and failing. The Rumpel/Belle stuff is completely inane. And Snow and Emma just needed to get back to town because they weren't really doing much in fairytale land.

Also there are so many things that just seem wildly inconsistent with each other or just don't make a bit of sense in this show. The writers/producers really need to work on their world building because wow are they making a mess of it. I sound like i don't like this show, but i really do a lot, just pretty much really disliked the first 6 episodes of this season. Ep 2, 4 and 5 were god awful. Ep 3 was okay, but even it was not great. This show can just be so much better when it is really on. This weeks ep was good.

Last edited by decarus; December 7th, 2012 at 4:11 am.
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2012, 3:01 pm
Rocket Scientist

I do agree with you about rumpel and belle. I never quite understood that one and i think they could have done a much better job building that relationship and then tearing it down. I do like the snow/charming moments. They continue to get cuter and cuter. But we seem to have lost a lot of the other fun characters that were on the periphery in lieu of characters like mulan and aurora and cora and hook and i like them dont get me wrong but i do miss dr whale and some of the others we saw from time to time.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old December 7th, 2012, 5:53 pm
Member of the Order

You guys are kidding me!
I think we're going to see "Vader Syndrome" where we're going to be rooting for the "bad" guys, and that's always a good thing.

The show has at times been too sugary sweet, and if it hadn't gotten a bit more palatable after that whole Grumpy/Dreamy episode I would have written the show off.

Things have grown more human and a bit darker. Regina's saving grace from going all "evil queen" has been her son.
I predict:
Spoiler: show
that Regina will go all terminator on Cora, not for the sake of her son, but because she doesn't want the competition. Only one queen will rule.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Old December 11th, 2012, 4:34 am
Registered Animagus

I never root for the bad guys and when they pretend that someone as evil and vile as both Regina and Rumpelstiltskin are redeemable, which makes no sense, it just seems stupid and now part of me wants both characters dead. I really like the two of them as villains, but not as this wishy washy whatever they are doing with them now. Henry hugging Regina was ridiculous. Him calling her mom is ridiculous. That she should hang out with him ever is ridiculous.

I actually think that Regina is going to work with Cora to try and get Henry back at least for the short while if not the long while. I don't really like sugary sweet episodes either, Dreamy was bad, but this season has all seemed very predictable and not at all dangerous. The only time i ever thought that a character was in danger was when Cora had her heart in Emma's chest and even then it was not death, but control i was worried about. That Cora would take control of Emma.

The first season felt much more dangerous to me then this season ever has. Hey, everyone is back in town, here is hoping for a better second half of the season.

Old December 12th, 2012, 12:19 am
Member of the Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I never root for the bad guys and when they pretend that someone as evil and vile as both Regina and Rumpelstiltskin are redeemable, which makes no sense, it just seems stupid and now part of me wants both characters dead.
But they didn't start out that way.
The idea of "evil" hasn't made much sense. Who considers him/herself to be "evil?" I refuse to believe that most people think like that.
They both loved and remember that love. And more importantly, they want to get it back. How they go about it...is where the evil comes in. Rumpelstiltskin constantly makes the wrong choice that ends up in alienation; Regina makes the choices that lead to corruption. (not that she had a lot of choices to begin with. Indeed, I don't think she had any that wouldn't have made her the "evil queen")

This idea of "love conquers all" has always been the heart of this kind of fantasy.

I like this season much more than the 1st. The bad guys are coming.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Old December 13th, 2012, 8:19 pm
Registered Animagus

Regina and Rumpel may not consider themselves evil, though i think Rumpel does, but they are in fact evil people. They do evil things over and over again. Kill people, curse people, destroy people's lives. Rumpel always does the evil thing. Regina is less predictable, but generally harms people with her lack of predictability. Rumpel is just going for himself and doesn't care who he harms in the way. I don't think that Rumpel is capable of love in any meaningful way. I think Regina has been, but she cannot stop herself from doing evil. And neither of them even feel badly about it.

Old January 7th, 2013, 3:10 am
First Year

Anyone catch the latest episode? I felt so sorry for Regina!
From the moment Archie's back was turned I thought, "Regina's going to attack him, but it won't really be her. It's too sudden". It was interesting to see how she got banished, and the reason that inspired her to transport them all to Storybrooke. I glad Archie's alive, though I wonder who was it that really died.

Ravenclaw on CoS
Hufflepuff on Pottermore
Old January 7th, 2013, 1:40 pm
Rocket Scientist

I felt bad for regina too. Just when she was starting to turn things around she gets unfairly pinned with this. It's a shame because the "heroes" think they are doing the right thing, but unfortunately they have been led astray and I think this might lead to the eventual relapse of regina.

I too was happy to see that Archie survived, and I am also curious to see who she killed in his place. I'm hoping it's just a no name and not of any consequence. But I imagine it wont be. Someone is bound to turn up missing soon.

I'm excited for more hook next week

Old January 7th, 2013, 6:34 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liez View Post
Anyone catch the latest episode? I felt so sorry for Regina!
same. I feel like her mother has some alternative motive. Like there is some reason why she is being so manipulative.

Old January 8th, 2013, 1:39 am
Fourth Year

I was so happy to see Archie still alive. I would have been maaaaaad if he was actually dead.

I also feel bad for Regina. I always feel bad when someone gets blamed who is innocence....Even if they have been evil for the majority of the show.

Old January 8th, 2013, 3:15 am
First Year

I'm afraid that Regina will turn back to evil means, too. It's entirely possible with that amount of emotional pain and lack of acceptance in Storybrooke. She was changing for Henry, and now with Henry not supporting her...

EDIT: Just watched the latest episode. A lot of stuff happened at the end!

Ravenclaw on CoS
Hufflepuff on Pottermore

Last edited by Liez; January 14th, 2013 at 3:36 am.
Old January 14th, 2013, 3:49 am
Fourth Year

I loved this episode. It makes up for me not loving the episode before this one.

I've never been a Rumbelle shipper, and I've never been a huge Belle fan. Up until this point, I've looked at her character with indifference. This episode made me love her character and it also made me like Rumbelle a little bit.

Then Hook comes and ruins it all.....
Then got hit by a car, ha!

Old January 14th, 2013, 8:37 am
First Year

Capt. Hook got hit by a car... think about that... XD

Ravenclaw on CoS
Hufflepuff on Pottermore

Last edited by Liez; January 14th, 2013 at 8:39 am.
Old January 14th, 2013, 2:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

I wasn't a huge fan of the latest episode. I really don't like Belle's character and Rumple is quickly losing his appeal, which is a shame because I really like Emily De Ravin and Robert Carlyle. Despite not being a huge Belle fan, I did enjoy how her story tied into Prince Philip and Mulan's story. It always surprises me how they tie things together.

Although I think Belle will be a lot more interesting now that she lost her memory.

I say bring on more Hook! He's by far the most interesting right now.

Old January 19th, 2013, 2:31 am
Registered Animagus

I didn't really like the last episode either. It was pretty boring. At least Belle got shot and Hook got hit by a car. That was something.

Then Snow wanting to move away from Emma seemed ridiculous. There was just a lot of weird and boring in this episode.

Old February 18th, 2013, 2:56 pm
Second Year

Ok, so we know who Bae is now. To be honest, it didn't come as much of a shock at all. Any thoughts on how you think Rumple will handle the situation now that he knows who the boy is that the Seer was referencing in the prophecy?

AsphodelJinx on Pottermore
Old February 18th, 2013, 5:07 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphodel79 View Post
Ok, so we know who Bae is now. To be honest, it didn't come as much of a shock at all. Any thoughts on how you think Rumple will handle the situation now that he knows who the boy is that the Seer was referencing in the prophecy?
It wasn't shocking, but that doesn't mean I wasn't satisfied with it. I really like Neal's character/actor so anything that gives him more screen time I'm fine with!

I think if Rumple did try to do something then that would be the reason for his downfall. I mean, just look at all of the people that would protect Henry. Emma, Regina, Neal, Snow, David, ect. He'd be in big trouble. Then again, that prophecy could just mean that Henry will become the next dark one, and that would just be creepy but interesting.

Old February 18th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Rocket Scientist

I agree, I wasn't shocked to learn who Bae really was either, but it did make me happy. It definitely complicates things and makes the story much more interesting. I'm not sure what gold will do about henry "being the death of him" maybe he's ok with dying now that he's been reunited with his son. I'm guessing not though and he will try and magic his way out of it. But with henry being his grandson Im sure that changes how he views this boy from the prophecy. Either way if gold tries anything, he will have to answer to emma, regina, bae, charming, snow, and who knows who else like RikuStark mentioned. This probably wont go in Gold's favor.

Old February 18th, 2013, 7:31 pm
Registered Animagus

Well the line was the child will be your "undoing". Undoing does not have to mean death. I think Rumpel is considering killing Henry, but since the Cora and Regina will probably get a hold of the dagger who knows what will happen.

Old February 19th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Well the line was the child will be your "undoing". Undoing does not have to mean death. I think Rumpel is considering killing Henry, but since the Cora and Regina will probably get a hold of the dagger who knows what will happen.
Oh I know it doesn't mean death it most likely means his loss of power and magic, but im willing to bet rumpel interprets it as it meaning death.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television