Once Upon A Time

Old April 23rd, 2012, 7:30 am
Third Year

Re: Once Upon A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_attack View Post
Did anyone see tonight's episode?

Spoiler: show
I knew August wasn't Baelfire. I actually really think August is Pinocchio. It makes sense how he was able to leave Storybrooke (since it was Gepetto who made the tree Emma was saved with, maybe Pinocchio was in it too?) and the past few episodes he's made some comments "I don't lie" and something about "as real as I am", and then the weird thing with his legs in the beginning of this episode...I think he's Pinoccio.
Hmmm...you may be right. I certainly hadn't thought of that. I did think Pinocchio was conspicuous by his absence. We did see him in the Pilot, but not since then.

I wonder what August is dying of? Maybe termites

Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:45 pm
Inconceivable!

Last night's episode solved a few mysteries.

1. We now know why the people in fairyland were moved to Storybrooke.
Rumpelstiltskin's son wanted to go to a place without magic so he could have his father back. The Blue Fairy gave Baelfire the magic bean that sent him out of fairyland, but Rumpel refused to go. Rumpel's regret and subsequent desire to join his son is probably what put in motion the Dark Spell that the Queen used to get the fairyland people to Storybrooke.

2. In a very early episode Gold had been burying something in the woods. Now we know what it was.
It was the magic knife that would end the curse on Rumpel. He buried it when Emma came to town. But it won't work in Storybrooke. At least Mr. Gold claims that it won't work there.

3. We find out that Kathryn was being held in a dark basement. Gold let her out because he didn't want to be involved in that scheme anymore.

4. We have a really good hint at who August is. I had suspected that he was Pinocchio for a long time now, since it would explain how he could leave Storybrooke, how he knew the true story, and why he is determined to get Emma to realize who she is. It looks like we will learn his story next week. I can't wait.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old April 23rd, 2012, 4:03 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
We have a really good hint at who August is. I had suspected that he was Pinocchio for a long time now, since it would explain how he could leave Storybrooke, how he knew the true story, and why he is determined to get Emma to realize who she is. It looks like we will learn his story next week. I can't wait.
That's what's confusing me right now - why does him being pinocchio mean he can leave storybrooke?

Old April 23rd, 2012, 6:39 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousMoon View Post
That's what's confusing me right now - why does him being pinocchio mean he can leave storybrooke?
I wondering if it has something to do with pinocchio's ability (or lack thereof) to lie.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old April 23rd, 2012, 7:03 pm
Gwen's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaafeMJ View Post
Hmmm...you may be right. I certainly hadn't thought of that. I did think Pinocchio was conspicuous by his absence. We did see him in the Pilot, but not since then.

I wonder what August is dying of? Maybe termites

I think that since, there is no magic in Storybrooke and Pinocchio became a real boy by magic maybe he's turning back into wood?

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old April 23rd, 2012, 7:39 pm
Member of the Order

Storybrooke is all about deception and even self-deception.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:33 am
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousMoon View Post
Because I think that Gepetto put Pinocchio into the magic tree, along with baby Emma. Which would mean that he grew up in the real world, just like Emma did. Or Gepetto had time to make a second magic tree for Pinocchio.

If you were a father who loved his son, and had an opportunity to save him from the Queen's curse, wouldn't you do it, too?

Anyway, that's my theory.
Maybe I should go back to the pilot episode and see if there are any flaws in my theory.

Old April 24th, 2012, 12:55 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Because I think that Gepetto put Pinocchio into the magic tree, along with baby Emma. Which would mean that he grew up in the real world, just like Emma did. Or Gepetto had time to make a second magic tree for Pinocchio.

If you were a father who loved his son, and had an opportunity to save him from the Queen's curse, wouldn't you do it, too?

Anyway, that's my theory.
Maybe I should go back to the pilot episode and see if there are any flaws in my theory.
Oh I completely forgot about the wooden tree in the beginning! (It's been awhile since I've seen it in my defense. ) That is a very interesting theory that I could see happening!

Old April 24th, 2012, 2:43 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
But James put Emma in the tree. Was Pinocchio already there?

2nd place, Nicest Member; 1st place, Hogsmeade Member of the Year

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old April 24th, 2012, 5:41 pm
Member of the Order

I'm having a hard time believing that August is Pinnochio.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

Old April 24th, 2012, 7:51 pm
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsfire View Post
Why do you think he isn't Pinocchio?

Old April 24th, 2012, 8:13 pm
Member of the Order

Because there isn't anything to really support the idea other than "maybe."

Nothing else.

But the big thing...August hasn't made a single move, suggested anything to connect him to Gepetto. Theo one person in the world that he most certainly would have looked for. After all, it was his love that made him real.

Old April 24th, 2012, 10:04 pm
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Because there isn't anything to really support the idea other than "maybe."

Nothing else.

But the big thing...August hasn't made a single move, suggested anything to connect him to Gepetto. Theo one person in the world that he most certainly would have looked for. After all, it was his love that made him real.
That's true that there isn't anything definite that connects him to Pinnochio, except maybe the donkey paperweight, and that isn't definite.

Do we know whether the fairyland people change their appearance when the spell put them in Storybrook? We know that Gold looks a whole lot better than Rumpel did, but then that may be because he is no longer magical.

Old April 25th, 2012, 12:49 am
Registered Animagus

I just don't think that Pinocchio looks a thing like August. Pinocchio has red hair and freckles and like dark greenish/brown eyes and August has dark hair no freckles and very blue eyes. It just doesn't work for me at all that they are supposed to be the same character.

Old April 25th, 2012, 6:18 am
Third Year

He's Pinocchio. When he talks to Henry outside of Regina's house in 7:15AM, his last words to Henry before he rides away on his motorcycle are "Better get to school. Looks like a storm's comimg". Of course, we all know which fairytale is famous for a rather large storm. Tell me that isn't a bit of foreshadowing...

The thing that bothers me about that is the fact that magic brought Pinocchio to life in Fairytale land, but magic doesn't work in the real world. Rumpelstiltskin turns human again...why isn't Pinocchio a hunk of wood? Only explanation I can think of is maybe the stump protected him in the transition between worlds, if that's what he was in?

On the different looks between the boy Pinocchio actor and August...my guess is they cast the boy Pinocchio well before they cast August. I don't think it's anything more complicated than that.

Old April 25th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Registered Animagus

I think the Wizard of Oz is famous for storms. Doesn't the wizard even say that to Dorthy in the real world right before the twister comes? "Look's like a storm's coming" right as she leaves his wagon and tries to run home.

Old April 25th, 2012, 1:54 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Doesn't one of the centaurs say it in Harry Potter too?

I thought this was interesting, if we want to over-analyze. I don't think the list is complete, however.

2nd place, Nicest Member; 1st place, Hogsmeade Member of the Year

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old April 25th, 2012, 5:54 pm
Third Year

Those would both be fascinating, and would definitely throw me for a loop. I'd love it if one of those turns out to be true. Not sure how well either fits into the whole fairy tale world though...at least not the one constructed in the show. But they have shown a propensity to buck the trend and make up their own lore as far as fairy tales are concerned, so maybe they would do something like that.

Old April 25th, 2012, 8:26 pm
Queen of Apathy

Quote:
I think he's going to end up being Pinnochio. I think it's an interesting idea but I was liking the idea of August being Baelfire more.

When he falls out of bed I think that was our biggest clue that he is somehow turning back to wood.

What intrigues me and leaves more questions to be answered is..
Who is August talking on the phone with?
Now that we know Baelfire was sent off to the real world, where is he?

Old April 25th, 2012, 9:18 pm
Registered Animagus

August was talking to Henry on the phone. They met up in the next scene.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television