Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

The deleted scenes we've never seen...

Old November 24th, 2010, 1:01 am
Fifth Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes

I think there was a lot cut out of the wedding. We know about the Krum and Hermione dance, but from pictures and sneak peeks I think there was more. It'd be really nice to see that in its entirety.

Proud Ravenclaw!

*No idea who made my avatar, but credit goes to whoever out there on the internet made it!
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2010, 1:12 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglepot View Post
But they still included that stupid dance scene and that is supposedly "to break the tension" of the dark mood.
He's a hypocrite for saying that about the R/Hr scene and then adding the H/Hr one that is doing exactly what he said he didn't want to do!
I have lost all respect for him, especially, as he messed up the H/G relationship in OotP, HBP and DH!
Yeah, Yates just needs to stop with the lame excuse as to why the Ron/Hermione scene was cut. If it was Harry and Hermione skipping stones it would never have been cut. Yates and Kloves and their Harry/Hermione agenda really make me not want to see the movies sometimes. There were quite a few Ron/Hermione scenes cut, but I think every Harry/Hermione scene we knew about made the movie.

Old November 24th, 2010, 3:14 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin6 View Post
Yeah, Yates just needs to stop with the lame excuse as to why the Ron/Hermione scene was cut. If it was Harry and Hermione skipping stones it would never have been cut. Yates and Kloves and their Harry/Hermione agenda really make me not want to see the movies sometimes. There were quite a few Ron/Hermione scenes cut, but I think every Harry/Hermione scene we knew about made the movie.
I feel the same. I am sick of hearing what great chemistry D/E have. If Ron's role hadn't been cut back and messed around since the end of CoS, perhaps Rupert would have shown great chemistry too with Emma.
I get sick of seeing Hermione on screen! She gets so many added scenes and scenes with Harry plus getting Ron's (and others') lines and scenes.
Notice she got the longest intro in DH. Ron (of course) got the shortest.
I wish I had a way to cut scenes from DVDs. There are so many Hermione and H/Hr ones I would remove from every movie starting with PoA!

Old November 24th, 2010, 9:13 am
Third Year

Heres a scene I stubbled across, I'm not totally sure how much truth is in it, but time will tell. Its not so much a deleted scene as an alternative ending, one in which...
Spoiler: show
...DOBBY LIVES !!! I don't know what to make of this.

CONSTANT VIGILANCE,If It Has To Come To Force,Then It Will
You Have To Be Prepared For What Your Up Against!!
What Are Your Strengths?
Old November 24th, 2010, 10:30 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley9 View Post
I think there was a lot cut out of the wedding. We know about the Krum and Hermione dance, but from pictures and sneak peeks I think there was more. It'd be really nice to see that in its entirety.
Mr. and Mrs.Weasley also had a dance which we did not get to see.

Old November 24th, 2010, 11:30 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
I get sick of seeing Hermione on screen! She gets so many added scenes and scenes with Harry plus getting Ron's (and others') lines and scenes.
Movie Hermione, meet Movie Arwen.

Hermione is one of my favourite characters and I, too, have been annoyed at times by the way the earlier films have sometimes Sue-ified her. (Emma is too pretty, really. ) But in DH 1 she rocks. I really liked what the film-makers did with her story, and Emma's performance was excellent. At long last she has incarnated Canon Hermione for me.

Quote:
That's because Hermione, as a character, has a particularly interesting and upsetting dilemma, as the Muggleborn member of the Trio. It's not surprising that the film-makers would choose to highlight this.

To keep on-topic, I am glad that they cut the Hermione/Krum dance. I don't see what that would have added to the film narrative.

Old November 24th, 2010, 12:56 pm
Second Year

[quote=snugglepot;5656755]Notice she got the longest intro in DH. Ron (of course) got the shortest.QUOTE]

True, but if you think about it logically, it makes sense for it to be the longest.

1) we've never seen hermione's own personal life, her parents, her house, her other life. we've seen where harry and ron live many times before. therefore the film needs a bit more coverage of this to give the audience a longer time to digest this 'new' bit of information.

2) hermione's moment is more meaningful than ron's. showing hermione obliviating her parents memories is an extended metaphor of what the trio have to suffer and give up as they go on their journey. the music playing over her scene also features again in other moments of the film as well, to show the 'loss of innocence'. ron is just staring into the distance, perhaps preparing himself for the next few months of hardship that he knows is about to come. this doesn't mean that his moment isn't as important, but in terms of the message that the film is trying to give out, hermione's scene is far more in keeping with this.

Old November 24th, 2010, 1:30 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodysMagicEye View Post
Heres a scene I stubbled across, I'm not totally sure how much truth is in it, but time will tell. Its not so much a deleted scene as an alternative ending, one in which...
Wow, that really surprises me. I didn't expect that. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

ETA:

Er, apparently that prlog site is a website where anyone can make articles, so that could be fake. Just thought I'd let you know.

Last edited by Fury; November 24th, 2010 at 4:12 pm.
Old November 24th, 2010, 4:17 pm
First Year

Does anyone know if this was a scene or was it behind the scenes, not during filiming?

Old November 24th, 2010, 4:18 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodysMagicEye View Post
that would be atrocious if that were to happen. you can't have someone who is dead in the series live in the movies. another reason they better kill off pettigrew or I'll be all up in arms about it.

Old November 24th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfan5 View Post
Does anyone know if this was a scene or was it behind the scenes, not during filiming?
I'm pretty sure it's the same scene we saw in the film, just extended. There's another picture of Harry and Hermione looking at Ron, who seems rather angry. Then one of them hands the locket over to one of the others.

Old November 24th, 2010, 6:10 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfan5 View Post

Yeah, lots was cut out of the camping. I think that there are longer versions of all those scenes we saw in that montage.

Proud Ravenclaw!

*No idea who made my avatar, but credit goes to whoever out there on the internet made it!
Old November 24th, 2010, 6:27 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley9 View Post
Yeah, lots was cut out of the camping. I think that there are longer versions of all those scenes we saw in that montage.
Yeah I think so too. I'd like to see those

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old November 24th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
That's not very fair to say considering we never get to see Hermione's home life. Or how this journey has affected her and her family.

We just assume that she's the brilliant one - everything must be perfect with her and her home life. We are never bothered to see how she's personally affected by what they've done the last 7 years.

We know a lot about Ron's family, and Harry's family. All we know about Hermione's parents is that they are muggles and that they are dentists.

I think it's only fair to spare a bit of extra time to Hermione to find out what she's done in fear for her family. Also, how much this has affected her.

We rarely get to see his stuff about her. I'm glad they put it in, it's a rare glimpse into her home life. If anything, this scene was too short.

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old November 24th, 2010, 6:55 pm
Third Year

Bellatrix kicks Scabior in his groin.

2:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM3uVEv5-bQ

I can't remember this being in the film.

EDIT: There's also a shot of Bellatrix walking towards Hermione while Griphook is on her right. This wasn't in the film either. 2:51

Last edited by Carne; November 24th, 2010 at 7:10 pm.
Old November 24th, 2010, 7:15 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carne View Post
Bellatrix kicks Scabior in his groin.

2:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM3uVEv5-bQ

I can't remember this being in the film.

EDIT: There's also a shot of Bellatrix walking towards Hermione while Griphook is on her right. This wasn't in the film either. 2:51
apparently the torture scene was a little longer during the test screening

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old November 24th, 2010, 7:21 pm
Third Year

Do you think they may have filmed the part where Bellatrix asks Hermione how they got the sword? Because Griphook is seen in that shot and all.

Old November 24th, 2010, 7:25 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccioHP View Post
apparently the torture scene was a little longer during the test screening
Yes - and apparently we see Bellatrix using Crucio on Hermione.

I hope we get this scene too - not that I'd like to see Hermione being tortured - but I felt Malfoy Manor was too short.

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old November 24th, 2010, 7:30 pm
Third Year

As we didn't see the full torture in the current version, I doubt we'll see it on the DVD. They would have to raise the rating if so. It's sort of sad that they keep favoring the children, thus having to tone everything down.

Like Matthew Lewis said in a recent interview "There's young kids getting killed and there's blood and violence. It's pretty brutal in bits", which also means they will definitely make the final battle childfriendly.

Old November 24th, 2010, 7:31 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
Yes - and apparently we see Bellatrix using Crucio on Hermione.

I hope we get this scene too - not that I'd like to see Hermione being tortured - but I felt Malfoy Manor was too short.
I felt the same way, they could have exploited a little more.
Let's hope we get it on dvd.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies