Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Things you didn't spot until the umpteenth time in the HP films v.2

Old September 5th, 2011, 5:07 pm
First Year

Re: Things you didn't spot until the umpteenth time in the HP films v.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBronzeNerd7 View Post
I watched Goblet of fire last night and there are a couple of things i noticed...
1. When Hermione goes to wake ron and harry I saw foliage (trees,bushes?) out the door.

which seem really weird and out of place to me because it made it look like,
A. the bedroom is the first room you walk into the house. which shouldn't be
B. Ron's room is downstairs, when in the book i'm pretty sure it says it's upstairs

2. Hermione cheering very loudly to both irish team and bulgarian team. but more bulgarian

3. When the candy-trolley lady stops infront of the trio's compartment, you can totally see a couple of bottles of pumpkin juice in the trolley.... and they're EXACTLY like the ones in the wizard world theme park. This made me so happy.

4. Rita skeeter saying "well it'll make you feel right at home then" after harry says "it's a broom cupboard"
my first reaction was "oh no she didn't!" but then it got me thinking,
how does Rita skeeter KNOWS about that in the first place? i'm sure no one that knows harry would tell her, and i dont think a lot of people outside of Ron/hermione KNOW about that, as harry never seemed to talk about it with anyone.

so what gives? movie inconsistency?
tbh i would have thought that it would have been common knowledge for most of the wizarding community to know that the boy who rid the world of the most dark wizard of all time was brought up in a cupboard under the stairs, i dont know but it didnt really surprise me that rita skeeter knew, also something that i noticed was in PoA in the leaky couldron you see a man sat at the table near the bar stiring his cup with a spoon with his finger(if that makes sense) and reading a book i noticed that the man is Ian brown who was in the stone roses

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2011, 1:52 am
First Year

Have seen the film DH2 5 times. 2x in 2d, 2x imax 3d, 1x D-Box. My question is:
Where was Ron during the Great Hall scene when the Slytherins wanted to turn over Harry to Voldemort? All the others gathered around Harry including of course Hermione, Ginny, the Weasleys, the Order, the DA members etc. but NO RON to be seen!?!? His Best Friend not stepping up to protect him? Anyone else notice this? I first thought he was missing the 3rd time I watched it. The last 2 X's, and especially the last time, I particularly looked for him and could not find him. He was there when the Order and the DA first entered the hall before Snape fled but after Voldie told them to turn Harry over and the others jumped in front of Harry to protect him, Ron was gone. (Was this filmed at the time Rupert got the mumps?)
Bob

Old September 6th, 2011, 3:24 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by curleymo View Post
Have seen the film DH2 5 times. 2x in 2d, 2x imax 3d, 1x D-Box. My question is:
Where was Ron during the Great Hall scene when the Slytherins wanted to turn over Harry to Voldemort? All the others gathered around Harry including of course Hermione, Ginny, the Weasleys, the Order, the DA members etc. but NO RON to be seen!?!? His Best Friend not stepping up to protect him? Anyone else notice this? I first thought he was missing the 3rd time I watched it. The last 2 X's, and especially the last time, I particularly looked for him and could not find him. He was there when the Order and the DA first entered the hall before Snape fled but after Voldie told them to turn Harry over and the others jumped in front of Harry to protect him, Ron was gone. (Was this filmed at the time Rupert got the mumps?)
Bob
Hmmm, I've only seen the movie twice, but I don't remember seeing Hermione in that scene. I guess I was too focused on Harry and Snape.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old September 6th, 2011, 4:39 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
Hmmm, I've only seen the movie twice, but I don't remember seeing Hermione in that scene. I guess I was too focused on Harry and Snape.
Just saw it today and Hermione was definitely there but Ron wasn't.

One thing that I noticed today is that when Voldemort is dead and the camera is moving upwards away from him, you can see someone standing by the door of the Great Hall. I think it was Neville but I could be wrong.

Old September 6th, 2011, 9:05 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo123 View Post
Just saw it today and Hermione was definitely there but Ron wasn't.

One thing that I noticed today is that when Voldemort is dead and the camera is moving upwards away from him, you can see someone standing by the door of the Great Hall. I think it was Neville but I could be wrong.
i dont know if this is true or not but im sure i heard that one of the deleted scenes was just after voldemort died and people are coming out of the doors to were he died and to harry

Old October 8th, 2011, 7:30 am
Second Year

I just spotted that when Hagrid tells Harry about Voldemort and there is the flashback at Godric's Hollow in Book 1... I noticed that Lily screams out "JAMES!!!" when she closes the door so Voldemort wouldn't get in the bedroom. I was heart broken!

Old October 8th, 2011, 7:19 pm
Second Year

I was watching POA last night and noticed that the heading in the book that Harry is reading at the beginning of the movie (when he's saying lumos maxima) says "Extreme Incantations" and the stream of words coming out of the wand (if I remember correctly) in the book is just a repetition of "lumos" and "maxima". Also, in the woods when Harry and Hermione have gone back in time, Hermione says something about helping Sirius and there is a noise... Buckbeak burping?

Old October 8th, 2011, 11:11 pm
The Potions Master

This took about 6 times for me to see (I'm up to 10--is there a quick cure for obsession?) During the Snape v. McGonagall battle in HP7.2, he only defends himself by deflecting her attacks, backing up closer and closer to the Carrows. Just before he exits out the window, he deflects a spell and takes out both Carrows with one sweep of his wand (noticed this on viewing 2.) What I didn't notice until #6 is that the only time his wand sparks is when he deflects that deadly spell into his now former henchmen.

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Old October 9th, 2011, 2:23 am
First Year

It took four viewings before I noticed Bellatrix in the scene at Malfoy Manor when Voldy kills the goblins.

The Malfoys are together at one end of the room and she's curled up in a little ball of misery in the middle of the room. Funniest part of the whole movie imo

Also noticed on a fourth viewing, in one shot at Gringotts, Harry's feet are visible, sticking out from under the Cloak.

I think they've already been mentioned, but I noticed Aberforth's argument about Patronuses with the Death Eater and Slughorn taking a drink before the battle on the fourth viewing as well.

Also I think I've noticed some shoddy editing in GoF. In the scene where Snape hits them over the back of the head with the book for talking, at one angle it looks like he hit Hermione, and at the next shot it looks like he hit Ron instead. Then he hits Harry and there are only two thumps from the book, so apparently he missed one of them and it looks like it was Ron. I know it looks as though he only hits Ron and Harry, but if you pause it I'm pretty sure he hit Hermione in the first shot because she flinches and Ron doesn't and you see her hair fly up from the impact, but I could be wrong because I don't have my DVD at the moment, so I'm only looking at it on Youtube.

At least I noticed something else while watching that scene so many times; I always thought Ron was saying "will you come to the ball with ME?" but he's saying "come with one of us?" I find it even funnier that he's trying to imitate Fred's little dance move thing when he's not even specifically asking her for himself

Just noticed last week on about the 30th viewing of PoA, when Hagrid asks for volunteers to pat Buckbeak and everyone steps back, Neville not only steps back, but ducks down behind the rock. Can't believe it took me so long to notice that.

Old October 9th, 2011, 4:12 am
Second Year

I watched HBP on tv last night and can't believe that I missed the twins are wearing flashing red spot ties in the joke shop. Today I put the dvd in the computer and there they were, red flashing spots.

Old October 20th, 2011, 2:29 am
The Potions Master

Just got back from my *mumble, mumble* viewing of DH7.2 and noticed, on Platform 9-3/4, the two Potter boy's trunks have their initials on the front-ASP and JSP. Guess that means James' middle name is Sirius.

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Old October 20th, 2011, 3:58 pm
Second Year

I never noticed until last night when I watched DH Part 1 for the millionth time that right before Harry takes out the piece of the mirror in the forest (right before the doe Patronus appears) someone is quietly whispering 'Trust me!'.

HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THAT? It's so amazing and such a big hint.

Old October 20th, 2011, 4:22 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormere View Post
Just got back from my *mumble, mumble* viewing of DH7.2 and noticed, on Platform 9-3/4, the two Potter boy's trunks have their initials on the front-ASP and JSP. Guess that means James' middle name is Sirius.
I wonder if JKR noticed ASP's initials were a snake?

I was watching GoF the other night and a couple of things caught my attention and I kept re-watching to see if I saw them correctly.

In the Draco/Moody dancing Ferret scene, if you look at Moody's staff, first it stands straight, then it leans, and then it's straight again.

Then the scene where Harry is leaning over Cedric's body, and the body is uncovered. You see Crouch talking to Snape and McGonagall, both very clearly wearing their robes, and then the two run over to Dumbledore. Cedric is still uncovered. Papa Diggory leans over Cedric and moves his right hand as if he's moving something (it may be that Cedtic's face was covered and he uncovers it), and then you see Cedric, covered in black.

In the next scene, when Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape go running into the room with Harry and Moody, Snape isn't wearing his robe, when he clearly was in the previous scene.

It looked to me like Snape used his robe to cover Cedric's body, but the scene was cut.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, “After all this time?
And I will say, “Always.
- source unknown
Old November 2nd, 2011, 3:30 am
Registered Animagus

In Deathly Hallows Part 2, when Ginny comes into the Room of Requirement, you know she's wanting to tell everyone that Snape knows Harry was spotted in Hogsmeade, but she takes like two minutes to do it because of other conversation. For example, she could have said it around the time Ron is talking to Seamus, and instead she just stands there, staring at Harry for like... so long! It looks quite awkward.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 1:19 pm
Fourth Year

I was watching PS yesterday and noticed that when Harry and Hagrid are in London walking towards the Leaky Cauldron, the sign starts off just black but just as they walk in it changes to have something on it - I'm assuming it was just a cauldron or something. I thought that was quite cool. Also, when Harry meets Quirrell, it looks as if Harry puts his hand out to shake hands but Quirrell moves away so he doesn't have to touch Harry, that was clever as well

Images taken from http://dft.ba/-2M6r
Do not anger the kitty!Avengers.

Learning to Live AgainOne shots
Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:34 pm
Second Year

I noticed when I was watching Deathly Hallows Part 2 was when Dumbledore told Snape not to walk away from him there was some inaudible whisper thing.... I never noticed that the first time I saw the film

Old November 4th, 2011, 5:07 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru0001 View Post
I noticed when I was watching Deathly Hallows Part 2 was when Dumbledore told Snape not to walk away from him there was some inaudible whisper thing.... I never noticed that the first time I saw the film
I don't remember, what scene was that?

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:53 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
I don't remember, what scene was that?
Prince's Tale when Snape tells Dumbledore how long Dumbledore has left to live. Dumbledore goes "Don't walk away Severus" and there's this whispering voice.

Old November 4th, 2011, 4:25 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru0001 View Post
Prince's Tale when Snape tells Dumbledore how long Dumbledore has left to live. Dumbledore goes "Don't walk away Severus" and there's this whispering voice.
The whispering voice is Draco Malfoy's voice from the Half-Blood Prince film. It's the spell he uses over and over in that movie when he's trying to send things to and from the broken cabinet in the Room of Requirement. It fits well during this bit in Snape's memory montage because Snape and Dumbledore are discussing Malfoy's mission - we're supposed to realize this scene is taking place during the Half-Blood Prince timeframe, which is obvious once Dumbledore's cursed hand is shown again.

- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 9 - The Woes of Mrs. Weasley, pg. 170 (first American edition)
Old November 7th, 2011, 7:51 am
Fourth Year

I've got to wait until December to get the DVD to experience that!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies