Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Rate / Review the Last Film you've seen v.3

Old June 1st, 2019, 10:14 pm
Zonko's Employee

Re: Rate / Review the Last Film you've seen v.3

Little - Painfully bad. It was a struggle to sit through it, it was so bad. There were a few funny moments, but mostly it was just tedious. It just missed on so many levels. 2/10

Us - well made, pretty scary. The metaphorical interpretations I have read do not fit well at all, but that is what others say about it, not the movie itself. There are, however, so many things that make no sense unless it is taken as an attempted metaphor rather than an internally consistent narrative. Still as a horror movie, it did the trick, and you almost always have to suspend a lot of critical thought with most horror movies. 6/10

Here he is on a summer vacation trip to the Canary Islands with Fluffy, his second favorite dog.
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2019, 4:55 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Just saw A Silent Voice recently. It's a very good movie. The animation and cinematography are very well done and the movie is very moving. I give it an 8/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhelda View Post
How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World--a beautifully animated, worthy end to an excellent movie series. The voice acting is excellent again, the character development is good, John Powell's score is awesome as usual, and the story, although not breaking any new ground, is well done. The relationship between Hiccup and Toothless, as always the core of the series, continues to show an organic progression, leading to a satisfying, albeit bittersweet conclusion. The whole Dragon series has been fantastic, and I highly recommend the entire trilogy as quality entertainment.
Finally got to see that and liked it pretty well. Might have to give it another watch though sometime. Loved the conclusion and how things turned out for them. It gets a solid 7/10 from me overall.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; July 29th, 2019 at 5:00 am.
Old July 29th, 2019, 3:25 pm
Zonko's Employee

Stuber - better than the reviews made it sound. We have seen the genre 100 times - overly macho guy gets trapped into going through a bunch of stuff with overly wussy guy, and macho guy learns to be more sensitive and wussy guy learns to be more assertive and/or physical. It plays out well on-screen. The reviews however had to hit it as 'toxic masculinity being tamed' - blah blah blah. Such verbage is poison, but that's not the movie's fault so - 5/10

The Hustle - not good at all, barely tolerable. At least the plot and execution hung together, so that at least puts it ahead of Little (see above). 3/10

Here he is on a summer vacation trip to the Canary Islands with Fluffy, his second favorite dog.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion