Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

The deleted scenes we've never seen...

Old December 9th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Third Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I wouldn't think that it would be an R rating even with the punching in. I know they said it was like Saw, but i don't know if i am buying that. Either way you think they could put it in the deleted scenes.
Yeah, I have read that quote numerous times and I find it hard to believe that someone getting kicked in the face - no matter how violent - is equivalent to a sadistic Saw film.

The Snatchers were creepy and I thought Scabior was great, but I think they needed to search the trio, rough them up a bit more and take their wands to convey what a desperate situationit was. A deleted scene could have really shown just how physically overpowering the Snatchers were (and also explain why Ron was suddenly on the ground). I just think the Snatchers overpowering of our trio after the chase was very abrupt. They just seem to give up very quickly. Not to mention the fact that our heroes getting all bloodied just adds to their desperation upon arriving at Malfoy Manor.

This might be a dumb question, but does including deleted scenes in the special features raise the rating? I didn't know DVD special features were also incorporated into a film's rating. Bummer.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. That’s a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, it’s bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after we’re gone. Maybe we’ll see our kids go here.
That’s the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long you’re away from it, there’s always a way back."
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2010, 8:07 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBinns View Post

This might be a dumb question, but does including deleted scenes in the special features raise the rating? I didn't know DVD special features were also incorporated into a film's rating. Bummer.
I don't think so if the the deleted scenes were part of the special features. They'd most likely put on there that the special features are not rated.

I think it's if they included the scenes into the movie itself they might need to tweak the rating (but i'm no movie expert, so I'm just guessing )

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old December 9th, 2010, 8:37 pm
Registered Animagus

I agree. I don't think the special features can raise the rating of the film. They just state that the features are unrated. I think it could only effect the rating of the film if the scenes were cut back into the film which i would like, but i am not sure if we will get.

Old December 9th, 2010, 8:38 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
I don't think so if the the deleted scenes were part of the special features. They'd most likely put on there that the special features are not rated.

I think it's if they included the scenes into the movie itself they might need to tweak the rating (but i'm no movie expert, so I'm just guessing )
That's what I was curious about, whether the special features receive a rating or not. So I guess it comes down to a choice. Would you prefer an extended edition that maintains the PG-13 rating, but doesn't include all the cut scenes (i.e longer confrontation with Snatchers, Hermione's torture) OR would you rather have all the cut scenes, even though it means they appear as a separate special feature and are not incoporated in the film?

I don't think we'll get an extended edition this go round, but I'm holding out hope that sometime in the future (10 year anniversary etc.) we'll get special extended editions!

"We spent time here, we made friends here. That’s a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, it’s bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after we’re gone. Maybe we’ll see our kids go here.
That’s the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long you’re away from it, there’s always a way back."
Old December 9th, 2010, 8:53 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBinns View Post
That's what I was curious about, whether the special features receive a rating or not. So I guess it comes down to a choice. Would you prefer an extended edition that maintains the PG-13 rating, but doesn't include all the cut scenes (i.e longer confrontation with Snatchers, Hermione's torture) OR would you rather have all the cut scenes, even though it means they appear as a separate special feature and are not incoporated in the film?
That's a difficult choice....

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old December 9th, 2010, 9:46 pm
Third Year

The chance that the "Saw(ye, sure) scene will make it onto the DVD/Blueray is next to nothing. They'll want to make as much money as possible, so they're not going to rise the rating, nor will they release a higher rated version, because it would be too much of a risk, money wise.

I'm also a bit concerned that the 10-15 minutes of deleted scenes will just be 4-5 long ones, consiting mostly of the trio doing and talking about stuff that wasn't in the book at all(as in even more camping, instead of fleshing out the wedding etc). We know they cut some stuff that was explained in the book, and I'm just afraid that these won't make it at all, while all the non-canon stuff will.

Last edited by Carne; December 9th, 2010 at 9:52 pm.
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:17 pm
Fourth Year

I'm pretty certain that bonus scenes/deleted scenes that are added to a DVD are not rated, and therefore would not change the overall rating of the film on the DVD (unless those scenes were cut into the movie and, due to it being more graphic, changed the film's rating). Highly unlikely that they are going to do anything that would change the rating of the film upon DVD release. (think of "Unrated" versions of movies that get released like The 40 Year Old Virgin. It was a separate release and all you really got with that was extra swearing.)

Old December 10th, 2010, 1:11 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
I'm pretty certain that bonus scenes/deleted scenes that are added to a DVD are not rated
That's good then, I wasn't sure I wouldn't mind them on a separate special features disc if it meant I got to see them, I suppose the dilemma of whether they get added back in would apply to the ultimate edition (if they do an extended version of DH)

Proud Pottermore and CoS Hufflepuff!
Old December 12th, 2010, 5:09 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by noellee View Post
2) Ron never goes to Bill and Fleur's cottage. He says hes in a pub the whole time....idk. I feel like they should have done more with that as well as the whole aftermath of Ron coming back.
When they Disapparate from Malfoy Manor, Ron tells Dobby where to go, then he tells Harry, "Trust me." That's when they go to the coast. If you notice, there's a cottage in the background when they're carrying Dobby up to bury him -- I imagine that's Bill & Fleur's cottage, which no doubt will be addressed further in DH2...

Staunch Defender of Severus Snape
Proud Member of House Slytherin

LightMahogany27 -- Slytherin
Redwood wand with unicorn hair core
10 3/4 inches, unyielding

Check out my fanfiction, in collaboration with Sinistra_Furze: A Trip To Remember

Snape lives IMHO
Old December 12th, 2010, 3:35 pm
Second Year

I wonder if they'll include the conversation that seemed to take place between Harry, Ron and Hermione in the big green field. On the behind the scene pictures you could see Ron passing the locket to Harry but in the film it was just Ron watching Harry and Hermione share a bottle of water.

Old December 12th, 2010, 3:40 pm
Registered Animagus

I hope they show that seen as well Erisa. The one of the trio in the tall grasses. It did seem like there was words exchanged there between Harry and Ron as well as a nice Ron/Hermione moment that was cut. I would like to see this entire seen as well.

Old December 12th, 2010, 6:13 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erisa View Post
I wonder if they'll include the conversation that seemed to take place between Harry, Ron and Hermione in the big green field. On the behind the scene pictures you could see Ron passing the locket to Harry but in the film it was just Ron watching Harry and Hermione share a bottle of water.
I remember hearing on mugglecast that that was a scene that was changed between the test screening and the final version (I think it was this scene) so it would be interesting to see the full scene and see why they decided to change it

Proud Pottermore and CoS Hufflepuff!
Old December 13th, 2010, 2:20 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopophorousBean View Post
I remember hearing on mugglecast that that was a scene that was changed between the test screening and the final version (I think it was this scene) so it would be interesting to see the full scene and see why they decided to change it
That's great. I hope that since it was included in the test screening there's more chance that it'll be included on the DVD.

Old December 13th, 2010, 4:11 pm
Second Year

I remember a picture we got of a wet Hermione wearing the same clothes she was wearing when Ron leaves, so maybe there is a deleted scene of them outside the tent and right before Ron leaves, having a quick conversation maybe??

There's only one small planet where to be, so I'm always gonna be your neighbour
Old December 13th, 2010, 5:03 pm
Seventh Year

We know that Ron's conversation with Arthur was cut, but I have one question about that: was it supposed to be sometime before the wedding or part of the beginning? If it was intended to be near the beginning, then I'm almost certain it was cut to establish the montage feel that David Yates wanted between the lives of the trio, along with the extended conversation between Harry and the Dursleys.

I Support The Harry Potter Alliance (Potter Pride!)
“I am honoured and humbled that Harry’s name has been given to such an extraordinary campaign, which really does exemplify the values for which Dumbledore’s Army fought in the books."
Old December 13th, 2010, 7:12 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishSkinJer View Post
We know that Ron's conversation with Arthur was cut, but I have one question about that: was it supposed to be sometime before the wedding or part of the beginning? If it was intended to be near the beginning, then I'm almost certain it was cut to establish the montage feel that David Yates wanted between the lives of the trio, along with the extended conversation between Harry and the Dursleys.
I'm making a guess here, but I think it was meant to be part of the beginning--the reason I am guessing this is because when they show Ron outside the Burrow, you can hear Mrs. Weasley call him and tell him to tell his father that supper is ready (or something like this) I wonder if the scene would have been him and Arthur talking then?

Old December 13th, 2010, 7:36 pm
Seventh Year

I remember Mrs. Weasley telling Ron something in that scene, but it was difficult to hear. All I could make out was that she was telling Ron to inform someone that supper was nearly ready. If Ron was supposed to inform his father, then it would make sense for their conversation to take place near the beginning. That would mean it was cut out because David Yates wanted the first scenes to be more of a montage.

I Support The Harry Potter Alliance (Potter Pride!)
“I am honoured and humbled that Harry’s name has been given to such an extraordinary campaign, which really does exemplify the values for which Dumbledore’s Army fought in the books."
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:20 pm
First Year

Someone give me a list of the deleted scenes please.

Old December 18th, 2010, 12:19 am
Hogwarts Graduate

how does anyone know that there are deleted scenes? And how do you know which ones are deleted?

Old December 18th, 2010, 2:31 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
how does anyone know that there are deleted scenes? And how do you know which ones are deleted?
From pictures, video clips, and reports of various scenes that ended up not being in the film.

Proud Ravenclaw!

*No idea who made my avatar, but credit goes to whoever out there on the internet made it!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies