Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

How did Voldemort get his wand back?

Old June 26th, 2007, 3:49 am
Second Year

Re: How did Voldemort get his wand back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADAteacher View Post
I think he had the ability to pick his wand up (if he even dropped it) and take it with him. He seemed to have some physicallity to him - in the SS he could kill and drink unicorns blood in the forest.

In GoF he had some phisicality to him - he killed the muggle yard keeper.

I think he had his wand all along.
I don't think he could have, because if he had had a wand he could have done so much more than he was able to. And with the unicorn blood, that was Quirrel drinking it for him because Voldemort didn't have a body. And if Voldemort had been the one to drink it he would have had the "half life / cursed life" thing, but it was Quirrel that had taht. And in GoF he had been partially returned to human form and was gaining strength (Wormtail talks about that).

As for Wormtail taking the wand, I agree with the whole clothes thing but that seems more like a convenience for Jo than it is proof that he could have the wand as a rat. I don't think he could have done that and I don't see how he could have hidden it at the Weasleys even if he could. And why would he want to keep Voldemort's wand when he was so afraid of him? I don't know about Wormtail, but I'd want to get rid of the thing as quickly as possible.

I don't think it was Snape, because I think Snape's good. I don't think it's a new wand either. Voldemort's wand would be too precious to him and there's the whole Prior Incantatem thing.

So someone must have gone back to get it OR someone else entirely was there (unless Snape's evil...but woudln't you think Dumbledore would have noticed that if no one else had been there etc. etc.?). So I'm thinking either Voldemort told Wormtail to go back (but then who would have taken care of him?) or there was someone else there. I think...possibly either Mundungus (I kinda do think he's a Death Eater or akin to) or someone else...Kreacher maybe? We know as of today that Kreacher is going to be important in Book 7, though I don't know why he would have been there unless Bella was or something, and we can't have Godric's Hollow getting all crowded like that

So those are my thoughts, and no I havn't reached a conclusion...I"m all jumbled up .

Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2007, 6:42 pm
Second Year

Barty Crouch is a very strong possibility - he had the capabilty and the time to retrieve it. If it's not him....I would suspect that it is another person who was at Godric's Hollow that night...

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them page xiLittle could be heard over the squawking of the Diricrawls, the moaning of the Augureys, and the relentless, piercing song of the Fwoopers. As wizards and witched attempted to consult the papers before them, sundry pixies and fairies whirled around their heads, giggling and jabbering. A dozen or so trolls began to smash apart the chamber with their clubs, while hags glided about the place in search of children to eat. The Council Chief stood to open the meeting, slipping on a pile of Porlock dung and ran cursing from the hall.

Proud Member of the Admitting-I-Could-Be-Wrong Club.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 9:29 pm
First Year

I'm not sure that it could have been Barty Jr. Voldy uses the wand at the begining of GOF, before I believe that Voldy had a chance to hook back up with Barty Jr.

Wormtail could have picked it up and kept it, as transfiguring does not mean the loss of items (McGonical does not lose her glasses when becoming a cat). Picking up a valuable object such as his master's wand would seem fitting to his character.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 9:52 pm
Animaga terpsichore

After the Potter's were killed maybe Wormtail somehow went to the house and retrieved it and kept it because he knew that one day Voldemort would return.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old July 4th, 2007, 6:18 am
First Year

alright how bout this (could have been stated already)

voldemort is an extremely powerful wizard, second only to dumbledore. After a roughly 30-ish years of conducting evil through his wand, wouldn't he develop an extraordinary connection with the wand? As unicorn hair is very magically powerful, wouldn't this only enhance the theorized connection? so when he gets ownd by baby Harry, he becomes a phantom of sorts, and so does his wand. When he gets some form of REAL physical body back (baby in GOF) his wand appears with him.

??eh?

Old July 4th, 2007, 6:26 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Well we know he has it at the beginning of GoF. Pettigrew uses it to kill Frank Bryce. Its likely someone either went back and found it or something else he could have some how kept in contact with his wand so he knew where it was. maybe he somehow was able to keep his wand even if he was vapormort.

Elizebeth: Barbosa marry us.
(best movie scene ever!)

"

Will Turner: "It depends on the one day.
Old July 4th, 2007, 8:44 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufusUT View Post
I'm not sure that it could have been Barty Jr. Voldy uses the wand at the begining of GOF, before I believe that Voldy had a chance to hook back up with Barty Jr.
I didnt think of that. i really want to knowhow he got it back but i can't think of any logical explaination

Old July 4th, 2007, 8:55 pm
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiefan1206 View Post
Well we know he has it at the beginning of GoF. Pettigrew uses it to kill Frank Bryce.
It was used before that, too, though we don't read about it until the graveyard scene. The shadow of Bertha Jorkins comes out of Voldemort's wand and she was killed when only Pettigrew and Vapormort/Uglybabymort were with her in Albania.

Somehow I doubt Bertha was the one who took the wand to Albania, so it must have been Peter imo. It certainly wasn't Barty, Jr. who was still under Winky's and his father's thumbs at the time.

It's time for some football!

J.K. Rowling's Official Website FAQs
Old July 5th, 2007, 2:43 am
First Year

I think that after doing magic for so long, the connection between wizard and wand would be so strong. I think the wand is part of the wizard, so when one is dimished, so is the other. Voldemort still had soul/spirit left, so maybe he had a weak enough mind power to still maintain his wand...

Just rambling

Old July 5th, 2007, 3:00 am
Second Year

Maybe he got a new wand.

Old July 5th, 2007, 3:03 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
Maybe he got a new wand.
No, because Ollivander sold him the brother wand to Harry's and if he had got a new one, Priori Incatantum (sp?) would never have happened in GoF

Old July 5th, 2007, 4:16 pm
First Year

I think it's clear that it was either Petigrew or simply a loop hole that JK missed in writing.

It's never been mentioned, but then again there has never been a point in the storylines where telling the tale of the wand would have made sense. I'm sure that with the amount of detail that JK has put into and behind the series, that she knows, but just has not had a place to put in the info.

Hopefully someone who interviews her will ask this question and solve the riddle.

Old July 12th, 2007, 5:52 am
Fourth Year

well lv had is wand in chp 1 of gof he was the one who killed frank
after he got this body back he told peter to give im his wand

Old July 28th, 2007, 2:13 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufusUT View Post
I think it's clear that it was either Petigrew or simply a loop hole that JK missed in writing.

It's never been mentioned, but then again there has never been a point in the storylines where telling the tale of the wand would have made sense. I'm sure that with the amount of detail that JK has put into and behind the series, that she knows, but just has not had a place to put in the info.

Hopefully someone who interviews her will ask this question and solve the riddle.

Riddle...lol... As in Tom Riddle, Jr.?

Okay, here is what I think happened. When baby Harry defeated my ickle Voldykins, Harry survived and Voldemort "died". I, like many of you, think that someone - most likely Pettigrew - must have picked up his wand and kept it safe for all those years. Then, when he became alive again, said person gave his wand back.

Sirius lives on!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives