Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

How did Voldemort get his wand back?

Old March 13th, 2003, 11:05 pm
Mouse

You're right. I re-read that part of four last night so I'm retracting Theory Two

Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2003, 11:37 am
Fifth Year

Although Voldemort is rather weak in his strange "foetus" stage he still is able to kill both Bertha and that old man I forgot the name of at the moment... and Avada Kedavra requires strong magic. So maybe, after he got into this semi-body he could call upon the wand with a powerful summoning charm to get it back?

The Polyphonic Spree.
Old March 15th, 2003, 7:14 am
Keeper of the Mignon Eggs

But then again you need a wand for the summoning.

Old March 16th, 2003, 7:50 pm
Second Year

Hmmm. Im still wondering how Voldemort killed Bertha Jorkins with his wand. Barty Crouch couldn't have had it because Bertha was killed with it before they come to him.
I'll bet 10 galleons that Pettigrew killed Bryce. With the Priori Incantatem, it shows what spells the wand performed, not the just the spells of a particular wizard.
Also, Pettigrew and Voldemort could have stolen Bertha's wand. It says in the books that "The wand chooses the wizard." But it also says that "you wont get the same results with anothers wand." Doesn't this mean that a wizard CAN use any wand?
Im still confused...

Old March 16th, 2003, 8:03 pm
Owner of the Only Uncensored Cat

Maybe, this is where book 2 comes in. Tom Riddle is alive in the diary, with the wand, so perhaps that surviving, it allows the wand to survive somehow? But then again, it doesn't explain what happened after the Diary was destroyed.

Oh and HPviolinist, they wouldn't have taken Harry away because it would have been too suspicious. Woah...woah...woah REWIND!

Remember the beginning of book1 , how people knew harry finished off voldie, how did they know? Voldie COULD have just tried to curse Harry another way and fled, but for them to know what happened, there must hve been a trace of voldie left. In that case, if they took Harry, then it would have meant 2 corpses, something of voldie left but no Harry, it would also be very hard to hide Harry because of the search, and also the owl of Hogwarts I suspect would have defenately found him. They also wouldn't have taken him, they would have probably killed him!

Old March 17th, 2003, 7:15 am

Quote:
Originally posted by helhorns (original post)
Maybe, this is where book 2 comes in. Tom Riddle is alive in the diary, with the wand, so perhaps that surviving, it allows the wand to survive somehow?
How's that?
In the chamber he picked Harry's wand from the floor. And it was clearly stated that he used Harry's wand when he wrote I am Lord Voldemort in the air.

Old March 17th, 2003, 6:20 pm
Owner of the Only Uncensored Cat

1 moment...*waddles off to get book 2*

Oh yes, well forget that idea then lol, I forgot it was Harry's wand!

Old March 17th, 2003, 6:23 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

A wizard can definitely use anothers' wand - unless it's been mangled to the extent that NO ONE can use it without risking severe back-fireage!

Maybe the DEs were too shocked that Voldie was gone to kill Harry? Or too freaked out to try to kill the baby that had destroyed their dark master? Probably too scared to touch him or point a wand at him!

I am NOT a hobbit! (pic taken by the lovely Kizz of me with the Witch King of Angmar)
Old March 18th, 2003, 8:31 am
Second Year

hmmmm...I'm VERY confused...I do however, have 2 thoughts on the matter:
1. Isn't Lucius Malfoy a member of the MoM? I can't quite remember whether he is or not, but i should imagine he is a fairly important person in whatever he does - he obviously has contacts where he can get dark items from (Borkins or whatever that shop in Knockturn Alley was called perhaps?).
2. (fairly far fetched, and I can't see it happening, but it's an idea all the same...) Is Sirius Black really innocent?? Because if by some strange twist he isn't, maybe he was the one who picked the wand up - we know he was already there when Hagrid arrived, so he would have had the opportunity...but what of the motive? Maybe he picked it up so that it wouldn't find its way back into bad hands? No I have no idea where I'm going with this, hope it at least makes sense!! Byes!

Old March 18th, 2003, 1:23 pm

1 There is no mention abt Lucius' profession. He seems to be living on inherited money. He has influence, but that's because he is rich and of an old family.
2 It was made clear enough in GoF that Peter was the one who betrayed the Potters and blew up the street killing those muggles. The wand found it's way back in bad hands, yes, but there is no reason to think Sirius helped there.

Old March 18th, 2003, 4:09 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally posted by Alastor D (original post)
But then again you need a wand for the summoning.
Yes, but you can use somebody else wand. It just doesn't work as well.
Either Voldemort used Worktails wand, or wormtail did the summoning, or they did it together somehow, if neither of them was strong enough.

The Polyphonic Spree.
Old March 18th, 2003, 5:40 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I think if the MoM had found it, Voldemort's wand would have been destroyed.

I dont know how it got back to Voldemort. Was hoping maybe his name would give some clue - mortis means corpse, death, annhilation... couldnt fine a vold-some word!

I am NOT a hobbit! (pic taken by the lovely Kizz of me with the Witch King of Angmar)
Old March 18th, 2003, 10:42 pm

Could it be that a character we have not yet met had the wand in his/her possession? Because most of the people we can think of don't work...

Old March 18th, 2003, 11:15 pm
First Year

When I first read Malfoy saying they had things stored under the floor in his castle, the first thing that jump to my mind was "Voldy's wand" but that wouldn't explain how Voldy would have gotten his wand back.

Maybe the wand seeks the wizard out?

Any thoughts?

Old March 19th, 2003, 12:31 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally posted by jessicacarstens (original post)
THEORY ONE
The wand chooses the wizard, right?

Maybe there is some kind of bond between wizard and wand and even is his half dead state Voldemort was able to keep it near him somehow.
really great theory!

I dont think it's quite like the *one ring to rule them all* in it's quest to get back to its master but...

I think maybe he wouldnt have needed that strong a summoning charm to summon something that wanted to be with him.

Old March 19th, 2003, 7:45 am
Fifth Year

I don't know if wants seek their wizards out, but I would imagine that the connection between a wizard and the wand would make it easier to find it somehow. For example, summoning charms on your wand may be much easier than on other objects, maybe?

The Polyphonic Spree.
Old March 19th, 2003, 8:29 am
First Year

harry must have some relation with voldermort to have had the same wand as him. but the thing that i dont get is fawkes being the soul bearer of the feather in both the wands. could this have any relationship with these two...AND OF COURSE THE WAND CHOOSES THE WIZARD :banghead: :wacky:

Old April 7th, 2003, 3:37 am
Secret Keeper

We have all been assuming that Voldemort went to the Potters home ALONE, but suppose he had more than one [read 'several'] Death Eaters there, surrounding the house, while he went inside?
Wouldn't at least one of them think to gather any evidence left behind as they fled, including Voldemort's wand?

Old April 7th, 2003, 4:50 am
Second Year

Don't you think one of the death eaters could have tried to finish Harry off if they were still there. Or maybe they were so shocked they just didn't think of it. Or afraid that the same would happen to them if they tried to kill him.

( :clappy: This post makes me a second year!!!:clappy: )

Old April 7th, 2003, 4:54 am
Secret Keeper

Somehow I went to third year today, didn't notice when....
Then again I was too busy posting to notice, lol.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives