Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Where is Sirius's motorbike?

Old February 16th, 2007, 5:49 am
Third Year

Re: Where is Sirius's motorbike?

The thing about the Room of Requirement is that Hagrid is an outdoors person. I dont think he would put it in the school. Plus it would be more difficult to get up there than some empty sherry bottles.

Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2007, 7:47 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglepot View Post
I also believe Hagrid has it, and I think it would be great if Harry gets to fly away on it at the beginning of "Deathly Hallows."
You know, it would mean his life at the Dursleys' coming full circle; he arrived for the first time on that bike. he should leave for the last time on it.
Have you noticed every book, Harry leaves the Dursleys' by a different method?
PS- Uncle Vernon drives him from the house to the Station.
CoS- He flies off in the Weasleys' enchanted car.
PoA- He runs away, then catches the "Knight Bus."
GoF- He travels by "Flu" with the Weasleys.
OotP- He flies by broomstick with members of the Order.
HBP- He is "Side-apparated" out by Dumbledore.
DH- ? .... I hope it is by Sirius's motorcycle.

I had to comment on how much I love this theory! I really do love it.

I'd also like to point out something else:

I wanted to re-iterate what we learn from the books (the first three American hard-covers, at least). In PS/SS, Hagrid tells Dumbledore that he "borrowed it". Hagrid says, "Young Sirius Black lent it to me." Before Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall, and Hagrid leave Harry on the doorstep (to a life of misery), Hagrid says, "I'll be takin' Sirius his bike back."

AND THAT'S IT!

I have just re-read these three books - again - in the last week and I can't find anything else that continues this storyline.

It makes me NUTS when she (JKR) says that you can find something and I can't find it!!!!! I'm sure it's there . . . I just can't find it.

*pulling out hair*

So Hagrid arrives back at Godric's Hollow and Sirius is gone? Well, yes. Sirius had gone to see Pettigrew. I don't have the quote in front of me, but isn't it in OotP where Sirius says (in a flash-back) he won't need the bike anymore? He's on a man-hunt. He doesn't expect to live; he now knows what one of his best friends is - and it's more than a rat. Peter has made the ultimate betrayal, as far as Sirius is concerned. As far as most moral human beings are concerned.

The question is (this is mostly for myself ): when Hagrid returned to Godric's Hollow and Sirius was not there, what happened next?

I don't think the fate of the bike has anything to do with Sirius. Its whereabouts and, most of the condition of the village of Godric's Hollow, remain a mystery.

I would love, though, to see snugglepot's theory ring true. It would just be fun.

Old February 17th, 2007, 2:56 am
Fifth Year

Thanks BookMagic, for your support.
I would love Harry to leave the Dursley's for the last time on that bike.
I believe Hagrid flew it back to Godric's Hollow, after dropping off Baby Harry, meaning to return it to Sirius, but Sirius had left already and Hagrid, not wanting to leave it behind, might have left a note to Sirius, saying he would fly it back to Hogwarts and Sirius could come and collect it when he was ready.
Of course Sirius never made it back, so Hagrid still has it hidden somewhere, maybe in the Forbidden Forest.
We have to remember it was Nov 1st when Harry was dropped off, so School is in and Hagrid would have had to get back to work, so Hogwarts is the logical place for him to have taken the bike if he couldn't give it back to Sirius personally.

Old February 17th, 2007, 10:43 am
Second Year

probably with arthur

Old February 17th, 2007, 10:45 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubeus06 View Post
probably with arthur
Edited by staff

Hmm! Good theory, we know Hagrid had it but after that... who knows? Could 'ave ended up with Mundungus, old Aberforth might have it by now!! Or some other dodgy, 'Steals cauldrons off the back of brooms' "gangsta", I doubt that the motorbike will play anything more in the series.

Last edited by Alastor; February 17th, 2007 at 2:36 pm.
Old March 16th, 2007, 5:00 pm
First Year

i recon either weasley has it or its gone wild in the forest.

Old March 16th, 2007, 8:32 pm
Second Year

Hi. Maybe it is hiding, like Ford Anglia or is near someone who Harry knows.

Old March 16th, 2007, 8:38 pm
Second Year

The books do not specify where the bike is. If i had a haphazard guess, it would most likly be somewhere in Grimmauld Place or Hogwarts, seeing as the last time, of what we know, it has been in use was when Hagrid flew Harry to the Dursley's directly following Voldemort tried to kill him on Halloween night.

Old March 16th, 2007, 9:34 pm
Second Year

Quote:
The books do not specify where the bike is. If i had a haphazard guess, it would most likly be somewhere in Grimmauld Place or Hogwarts, seeing as the last time, of what we know, it has been in use was when Hagrid flew Harry to the Dursley's directly following Voldemort tried to kill him on Halloween night.
I agree that it may be in Grimmauld Place. I imagine it as very secretive if it came from an "evil" family, and could be tucked away. It may even be in Sirius' closet, we never see inside his bedroom.
Another possiblity is Grimmauld Place has a type of Room of Requirement that coudl keep tthing hidden. It seemed as though Sirius' dad was an accomlished wizard, so it mayyyy be possible.

"Here you leave today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy" -sign outside of disney <3

Sirius' woman through and through.
Old March 17th, 2007, 12:10 am
Fifth Year

There is no mention of the bike when the ministry captured him. He must have some storage place that is away from prying muggle eyes. I'm afraid that it will not be important enough for JKR to tell us more about it in book 7.

Tarot Cards for Fun and Fortune Telling

Someone who spoiled Deathly Hallows

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old March 17th, 2007, 5:05 am
Third Year

In the first book when Harry and the Dursley's get into a boat and stay on a little island with that old shack to "hide", I think we see evidence Hagrid had used the motorbike to travel there. There was only one boat when Hagrid and Harry left and it was the one the Dursley's used to get there ( I wonder how long it took them to get out of there). So how did Hagrid get there. Well maybe he still had the bike and used that. No one would have heard it because the storm was so loud. He would have had to leave the bike there and could possibly have retrieved it later. It seems something he would want to keep because he is too big for a broom, he can't apparate (right?) and he is technically not allowed to do magic.

Old March 17th, 2007, 7:30 am
Keeper of the Mignon Eggs

SeverusLovesUs, you might be interested in this thread:
How did Hagrid fly to the Rock in the Sea?

Old March 20th, 2007, 4:43 pm
First Year

I think the bike was taken to the forrest. Hagrid went to return the bike but remeber by then Sirus was already on his way to prison. As for the MOM stating they had reports of a flying bike and Sirus might be using it again you need to remeber WHO said that. It was Shakcleford AKA member of the OlTP, meaning he was telling the MOM that to keep them off the track of where Sirus really was.

Old March 25th, 2007, 3:59 am
First Year

I don't think Hagrid would keep it. Though he has a habit of keeping old possessions like his wand, he wouldn't want something from a murderer like Sirius Black... Hagrid showed that he hated Sirius in the Prisoner of Azkaban and before, I don't think he'd want to have the possessions of the man responsible for killing Harry's parents. He doesn't seem like that kind of person... There's a chance he gave it to Dumbledore who returned it to Sirius once the Order was reformed, or even before the Goblet of Fire...

Old March 25th, 2007, 4:01 am
Second Year

i think hagrid cruises with it.

Harry Lives!
Old March 25th, 2007, 4:29 am
Third Year

Hagrid on Dumbledores orders went to Godric Hollow to pick up baby Harry. He was then to take him to the Dursleys. Sirius happened to be there and offered Hagrid his bike. So, he must have already had a way to get from place to place on his own. He dropped off Harry and went back to Godric Hollow to give the bike back to Sirius. Just because Hagrid didn't see Sirius there, I don't believe that means that he would take the bike with him and leave him a note where to find it. I think he may have left it at Godric Hollow as he must have already had a way of getting back to Hogwarts. It may be hidden at Godric Hollow for Harry to find when he goes back there.

(I do like the idea of Harry leaving the Dursleys on the bike though.)

Old March 25th, 2007, 3:27 pm
Fourth Year

Well didn't sirius have a flat of his own? Sirius was arrested on a muggle street no mention of the bike. I think it may be at the flat. He left it there before he went after Peter.

No words can describe the beauty of Australia

avatar thanks to m_kelbell on photobucket
Old March 25th, 2007, 3:28 pm
Second Year

I feel Hagrid has it but he has placed it somewhere in the school or in Grimmualds Place on Dumbledore's order and we will get to know definately in the next book.Hopefully

Dumbledore's Army is Voldemort's Boggart
Old March 25th, 2007, 3:28 pm
Second Year

I thought that Hagrid took it. If so, it was probably in his hut, which burned down in HBP.

Old March 25th, 2007, 4:38 pm
Fifth Year

Maybe it's sitting at some flying biker bar in the sky....

No but seriously, Like I said before, it's probably sitting at the bottom of the lake. Hagrid thought Sirius had betrayed the Potters; I imagine that, since he couldn't get a hold of the man, he took his anger out on the bike.

Although it would be cool if it turns up in the last book. Throughout these books, Harry has been slowly accumulating things that belonged to his father; It'd be nice if he got something from his Godfather as well. Something other than his house that is.

There's nothing in the house that Sirius cared for, but I imagine that he was just as fond of that bike, as Harry is of his Firebolt.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives