Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Homeschooling: should it be legal or illegal in California?

Old December 4th, 2009, 3:57 pm
Purveyor of Prophesy

Re: Homeschooling: should it be legal or illegal in California?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldemorts8thHorcrux View Post
Problem is what the state requires, a decently smart and/or lucky monkey could do. For our Algebra test a few years ago, a 33% was curved up to be a 65%. So knowing 1/3 of the coursework is evidently enough to be considered passing. Statistically, if a kid guessed on every question, they would probably get maybe a 20% (or somewhere slightly less than 25%)
The average multiple choice test has 4 choices per question. However, on math tests multiple choice is not offered as often in schools. If it is, then the teacher has decided to be lazy. If that is the case, then guessing (in theory) should yield a 25% correct average...

The homeschooling tests that are provided by the states (which is where most homeschooled families obtain the teaching materials) mostly offer quizzes and tests that are multiple choice, even the math tests. SCARY!

When faced with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have never tried before.
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2009, 9:38 pm
Secret Keeper

Re: Homeschooling: should it be legal or illegal in California?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigdoctorbri View Post
The average multiple choice test has 4 choices per question. However, on math tests multiple choice is not offered as often in schools. If it is, then the teacher has decided to be lazy. If that is the case, then guessing (in theory) should yield a 25% correct average...

The homeschooling tests that are provided by the states (which is where most homeschooled families obtain the teaching materials) mostly offer quizzes and tests that are multiple choice, even the math tests. SCARY!
In classes, there's rarely multiple choice, but on our state tests and final and middle exams, the kid could do only multiple choice and still pass the test.

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives