Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Conspicuous absence of Bellatrix

Old June 18th, 2007, 7:11 pm
First Year

Re: Conspicuous absence of Bellatrix

I've wondered too, as to why though, I'm sure we will find out in the Final book, so I won't worry myself over it -too- much yet; I will just end up driving myself crazy! :P

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2007, 4:08 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chparadise View Post
She's better suited to be in on something like the freak hurricane, where it's OK if she goes overboard a bit.
Agree 1000 percent

Hurricane Bella does not do backup!

Old July 1st, 2007, 4:16 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrotonaPark44 View Post
Agree 1000 percent

Hurricane Bella does not do backup!
Yup, and I like the description...

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Old July 1st, 2007, 5:39 pm
First Year

i think that she was probably off doing something else. Or maybe Voldy killed her? Thats just my opinion though...

Old July 1st, 2007, 8:50 pm
Second Year

i doubt he would kill her tortured yes killed no

Old July 2nd, 2007, 9:45 pm
Second Year

i think that she has been seen by too many people for her to be able to wrok out in the open ( like when sirius was confined to order headquarters).
I doubt voldie would have killed her, though he may have hurt her.

Jo

'I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick'
Old July 3rd, 2007, 9:29 am
Fifth Year

Going to the school to kill Dumbledore is not for Bella! She is his most loyal servant...she isn't going to soil her hands on a mere killing...she has better things to do! But then again...maybe she wasn't asked!

Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:06 am
First Year

Could it be that LV did not expect such resistance at Hogwarts as they were not aware anyone knew about Draco's plan to kill Dumbledore and let the Deatheaters into the castle? Perhaps the DE he sent were lower on the 'power pole' and wouldn't be missed if they were killed or caught.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:25 am
First Year

I doubt he would have killed her! I want to know how Wormtail will pay Harry back for saving his life. Hmmm...

Ron seemed to be positively lighthearted about the end of his relationship with Lavender, and Hermione seemed cheery too, though when asked what she was grinning about she simply said, "It's a nice day."
R<3Hr
Old July 3rd, 2007, 3:53 pm
Fifth Year

The Death Eater that Voldemort wouldn't want to lose is Bellatrix, she has been very loyal to him.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 8:02 pm
First Year

True. Bellatrix seems a little more valuable

Old July 3rd, 2007, 8:48 pm
First Year

I think I agree with the Voldie has two separate groups working for him so that only he alone knows who they all are and he can send either group depending on the mission.... that was a very interesting point/idea.
I also thought that the Voldie meeting was genius!!! The strange thing would be if it actually worked like that.... hmm... that would be a very amusing story.... why doesn't JKR tell the story from Voldies angle? Apart from that the books are called Harry Potter.... oh well.
Back to topic. I just think that Bella's group was not asked to do this particular mission.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:55 pm
Second Year

maybe because bella does not trust snape and LV knew snape might play an important part in the plan he did not want her hatred of snape to interfere with this very important plan for the death eaters.

i love it!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:07 pm
First Year

Re: conspicuous absence of Bellatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Seeker View Post
The funny thing is, the 'chump' crowd succeeded while the all-star' team failed miserably.

You have a point there...

Old July 4th, 2007, 1:17 am
Arithmancer

So true, the chump team did achieve what the all star didn't. But...you must remember that Snape is the one who pulled it off. Not the Death Eaters sent there nor Draco. So really in the end I guess neither succeeded.

Here I am talking like Snape isn't a Death Eater. *rolls eyes at self*

Old July 4th, 2007, 2:14 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

I'm sure Voldemort knows that Bella's a true fanatic, but what I'm not so sure about is that he views any individual DE as more valuable than any other individual DE. He does seem to have DE's that are "less valuable" - whichever one has failed him the most recently - but I doubt he sent "expendable" DE's to Hogwarts. Fenrir and the Carrows were both long-time supporters who weren't at the MoM mission. At the MoM mission Crabbe and Goyle senior were there, and they were singled out in GoF for having messed up at some point in Vold War I.

In the end, I believe that it was the family association and Bella's tendancy to go overboard that prevented her from going on the mission. Draco might behave differently with Bella present; and Bella was also too likely to kill / torture all the kids in sight "just because". The focus of the mission was singular - kill DD - and having a bit of a free agent around would be a risk to the overall mission.

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Old July 4th, 2007, 4:24 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chparadise View Post
In the end, I believe that it was the family association and Bella's tendancy to go overboard that prevented her from going on the mission. Draco might behave differently with Bella present; and Bella was also too likely to kill / torture all the kids in sight "just because". The focus of the mission was singular - kill DD - and having a bit of a free agent around would be a risk to the overall mission.
Thats what I was thinking; that she tends to overdo things unnecissarily (sorry, I can't spell at all today!)

Old July 4th, 2007, 4:26 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacleFudge View Post
Thats what I was thinking; that she tends to overdo things unnecissarily (sorry, I can't spell at all today!)
I can't spell at all period, so no worries

And, yup, she's the overboard type. She's more suited to the "hurricane" now, with her imbalance. It's a wonder LV even sent her on the MoM mission.

Old July 4th, 2007, 7:32 am
Third Year

I am a major fan of the theory that she was the one responsible for abducting Trelawney and then getting out of Hogwarts ASAP. I dont buy that she didnt show up at all for the attack at Hogwarts. She was teaching Draco Occlumency throughout the book and kind of coaxing Narcissa to let the plan unfold in Spinners End, I dont agree that she would have just bowed out during her nephews supposed glorious moment.

Im baaack =]

"I am not afraid, I was born to do this"-Joan of Arc
Old July 4th, 2007, 7:37 am
Second Year

Probably because having her there would've distracted against the whole plot. We as a reader needed to see there were more death eaters than what we've already been shown. When I think of an army of death eaters I don't just think of the amount that was at the graveyard in GOF. The plot really had nothing to do with her, and if she was there JKR would've had to at least have her attract harry's attention, being as she did kill Sirius and all and it would've just distracted from the whole HBP theme. Not to mention if she was there then JKR would've probably have to had her killing some people, since she is so formidable after all.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives