Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

ASSUMING Irma Pince=Eileen Prince Snape's Mother in hiding.

Old June 17th, 2007, 11:17 pm
Fourth Year

Re: ASSUMING Irma Pince=Eileen Prince Snape's Mother in hiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bscorp View Post
On that note I wanted to introduce something else I found recently.

I was doing some research on the subject real life magicians in history that some have theorized might have partly inspired the characters of Albus Dumbledore and Horace Slughorn. Wikipedia points to “The Great Albini” and Horace Goldin as two possible sources for Rowling's characters. Goldin and Albini were contemporaries and rivals but apparently Goldin looked up to Albini and idolized him as well. Goldin was famous for the “sawing a lady in half” trick. He relied heavily on the theatrical element of the show and would stage elaborate events by having paramedics show up and stand outside to heighten the sense of physical danger. Anyway…

I came across the name Servais Le Roy, a Belgian who was another one of Horace Goldin’s contemporaries and rivals who later teamed up with him on the road.

Servais, the real life magician, paid Goldin to use his sawed woman trick and also hired people to dress as paramedics and “wait” in the crowd “if anything went wrong.” He was also known for the “Modern Cabinet” trick where someone would enter- then disappear. (Vanishing cabinet anyone?) but from what I’ve read, Servaise was most known for his

He was the inventor of a trick known as "Asrah the Floating Princess" where the magician “hypnotizes his/her assistant and commands him/her to recline on a table or couch. The assistant is then fully covered with a cloth and levitated under the cloth. The form of the assistant is still visible while levitating. Moments later, the assistant slowly floats down. As the magician pulls off the cloth, the assistant vanishes instantly.(source.)

Hmmm… Servais Le Roy was also known as the “Monarch of Mystery” (the French nickname le roi meaning "the king".) He levitated a body- a “Princess” no less- covered with a cloth, much like a corpse would be. Then the body is revealed only to vanish.

Rowling’s Severus is a “Prince” who has claimed to be putting on an “Act” (good or bad) and (AK or no AK) will always be known for levitating a body over the ramparts and disappearing over the castle wall.
If there was a remote chance that The Great Albus Dumbledore was still alive I would use this connection for that theory. It is still possible that a certain amount of theater played into that final scene on the Lightening struck Tower. However, I wonder if I can’t apply some of this history to Eileen Prince possibly disappearing in the past.

The visual made by a lifeless body under a sheet calls to my mind the practice of covering a dead body with a sheet. So what if someone appeared to kill her and someone else made her body vanish… ?

That is brilliant!

You should definitely bring that to the Dumbledore forums, on whether he is dead or alive. It's a great argument.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eileen Prince faked a death in order to become Irma Prince. If she didn't, then people would question her disappearance, which would raise questions.

"WHAT THE DEVIL IS GOING ON HERE?"
-AVPM.
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnIllusion View Post
That is brilliant!
You should definitely bring that to the Dumbledore forums, on whether he is dead or alive. It's a great argument.
I wouldn't be surprised if Eileen Prince faked a death in order to become Irma Prince. If she didn't, then people would question her disappearance, which would raise questions.
Hmmm, thanks. Is anyone still arguing the DD -Dead or Alive question? Rowling has stated unequivocally that Dumbledore is dead so I don't think this applies to him however, it is arguable as to whether or not the circumstances surrounding his death might have had some illusion and theater to it all... but that's another thread. I do believe someone will be or has already faked their death, obviously in this thread I assume it's Eileen Prince But I would think that Narcissa might be a candidate for the scenarios now as well.

I would like to add something I found in my research today. Servais LeRoy aka:The Monarch of Mystery, was a popular magician in his time but I was hard pressed to find much about him out there on the man himself. I did find a few mentions today in a book about famous magicians in history called "Hiding the Elephant."

First off, I was thrilled to discover another name for Servais' famous "Floating Princess" trick he invented was the "Garden of Sleep." The author had these rather interesting words to say about LeRoy's ingenuity that summarize my own feelings about the visual metaphors supplied by the trick itself.
In combining the succinct imagery of two distinct effects, LeRoy had hinted at much more than illusion–death,afterlife, and the soul. By touching these symbols, he provided a jeweled like setting for his ingenious invention. (p.163 "Hiding the Elephant" Jim Steinmeyer)online source here
The phrase Garden of Sleep of course calls to ming the "Draught of the Living Dead," which we learned in Severus Snape's first lesson puts the drinker into a such deep sleep that they appear dead.

Yes, I do believe there are some connection here.

Last edited by Bscorp; June 18th, 2007 at 3:43 am.
Old June 18th, 2007, 4:33 am
Registered Animagus

I'm not sure whether you mentioned it in your first post about Servais LeRoy or not - but you do realize the 'LeRoy' comes from Le Roi (as in french for 'the King') - a nice tie-in for the name last name 'Prince'. But also a tie-in for Regulus and Kingsley?

I really do like YOUR version of Pince (tho' I hate the idea of giving up on Regulus yet!) and I wanted to mention (tho' I'm sure you did so already) that Pince's long veil at Albus' funeral might also be because his transfiguring of her fell at his death. In other words, she might just look like her old self now.

And when that day would come, that he had better have the appropriate memories that would enable him to lie to Voldy's face.
Old June 18th, 2007, 6:08 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwyla View Post
I'm not sure whether you mentioned it in your first post about Servais LeRoy or not - but you do realize the 'LeRoy' comes from Le Roi (as in french for 'the King') - a nice tie-in for the name last name 'Prince'. But also a tie-in for Regulus and Kingsley?

I really do like YOUR version of Pince (tho' I hate the idea of giving up on Regulus yet!) and I wanted to mention (tho' I'm sure you did so already) that Pince's long veil at Albus' funeral might also be because his transfiguring of her fell at his death. In other words, she might just look like her old self now.
Yes I did mention the Le Roy=Le Roi which is what has sold me on the connection I have also wondered if Pince might be um, losing her "look" after DD's death. Oh... 32 days.... We'll see.

Old June 18th, 2007, 3:01 pm
Registered Animagus

Why am I not surprised that you had covered it all?

Any ideas why there are other 'royal' names in the books - whether they somehow tie in? Or are Kingsley and Regulus probably a separate issue?

I figure Snape and Regulus might have had a connection - but have yet to see one for Kingsley to Snape or Eileen (unless perhaps he knows her secret? or since he was busy all thru HBP, I guess he might actually be a way Snape can get info thru to the Order).

And when that day would come, that he had better have the appropriate memories that would enable him to lie to Voldy's face.
Old June 19th, 2007, 5:00 pm
Seventh Year

Thanks again Hwyla. I haven't thought about further ramifications of the other "royal" names in the series. It's interesting though.

Right now I'm pondering the far fetched idea of Irma Pince as the next DADA instructor. as nothing more than a personal tangent- what if?

After DD's death the school would be hard up to find someone from outside the school to step in, and the Order will be busy enough. Why not someone from inside the school? She knows a lot of "interesting" hexes and jinxs that are "defending" the books and she has had access to all those books in the restricted section this whole time, presumably she's read a few. Surely she knows something about the subject.

Last edited by Bscorp; June 19th, 2007 at 5:02 pm.
Old June 21st, 2007, 9:10 am
Third Year

Quote:
Hmmm, thanks. Is anyone still arguing the DD -Dead or Alive question? Rowling has stated unequivocally that Dumbledore is dead so I don't think this applies to him however, it is arguable as to whether or not the circumstances surrounding his death might have had some illusion and theater to it all... but that's another thread. I do believe someone will be or has already faked their death, obviously in this thread I assume it's Eileen Prince.
There is a new thread in Divination Studies based on something JKR told Daniel Radcliff along the lines of "Dumbledore is giving me trouble in book 7." I believe the thread is "New Quote indicates DD is not dead." And JKR has said DD is dead, but she has never said properly or truly dead (I posted something about this in that thread).

I posted this in the Deluxe DH cover thread but it might fit in here too. The opalescent eyes of the dragon on the cover (most likely an Antipodean Opaleye) remind me of a metamorphamagus because of the multiple colors. Opals have been identifed with maternal figures in the story. Specifically Madame Maxine wears opals and she is the headmistress of an all girls school. Also, there is an opal stopper in a bottle in Grimmaund Place, home to the mother of all matriachs, ma Black.

Favorie quotes - "There's rosemary, that's for remembrance" - Ophelia, Hamlet, Shakespeare "Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart - oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape - of your sister." ~ Katherine Mansfield "A serpent signifies a king because of its strength." - Artemidorus, Oneirocritica "They called me the hyacinth girl.'" - T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land, as narrated by Tiresias "I have been a multitude of shapes, Before I assumed a consistent form." - Taliesin.
Old June 21st, 2007, 9:25 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmapince View Post
Madame Maxine wears opals and she is the headmistress of an all girls school.
It isn't an all girls school. That was only in the movie.

Sometimes dreams do come true
Old June 21st, 2007, 3:56 pm
First Year

Hi Bscorp! Glad to see you are back at it. I think, as I said in the previous thread, that this theory along with adiatssise are the best two out there right now. I also think that the Irma=Eileen idea plays into the later theory (not sure if we can talk about both in your thread). I dont think anyone who joins this thread could possibly rebute it, especially after all the time and research (and cannon) you provide. What I would love to hear now is speculation on how all this will be revealed to harry and what contributions it will make towards the plot in deathly hallows.

Join theASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
"It was, he thought the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew--and so do I, thought Harry with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents--that there was all the difference in the world." HBP
Old June 21st, 2007, 4:52 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by legilimency View Post
Hi Bscorp! Glad to see you are back at it. I think, as I said in the previous thread, that this theory along with adiatssise are the best two out there right now. I also think that the Irma=Eileen idea plays into the later theory (not sure if we can talk about both in your thread). I dont think anyone who joins this thread could possibly rebute it, especially after all the time and research (and cannon) you provide. What I would love to hear now is speculation on how all this will be revealed to harry and what contributions it will make towards the plot in deathly hallows.
Welcome legilimency, I'm glad you found this thread. If you take some time to read throught the first couple of pages, you will see that I touched on the possibilities a Irma=Eileen development might have for the plot in Deathly Hallows. (end of page 2)

I like DIATSSISE but I'm not sold on it, and I will avoid it for this thread.

As to how Irma=Eileen could be revealed? Well there are a number of ways I've speculated on , for one we know that Irma was under a long dark veil at DD's funeral. I had wondered if she is transfigured by some Spell Dumbledore cast- does that mean she lost her "look" when DD died? Or is she a Metamorphmagus who was in too much an emotional state over the loss and disgrace of her son to keep her cover at the funeral? If a) is true, she might be revealed- literally at some point in the story. Hogwarts might have a "new" librarian or- MME Pince might go "missing" herself.
I would expect Hermione to out the pieces together. It might be something like a small and simple scene after all is said and done to tie up a few loose pieces for the readers. (Since DD is not around for the debriefing, maybe Mme Pince will give us one- about Snape?)

But really there wouldn't have to be much "page time" put into it. It might be a simple clear connection made, something said, something Pince does that alerts Hermione (I do believe it will be Hermione.) to put it all together.

If Irma does play a part in the DH plot..well... I will repost what I wrote on page 2 here for that....

--------
Speculated plot and Character developments with the revelation of Irma = Eileen Prince.

The Horcruxes:
We have to ask, if Harry or the Trio discovered Irma and/or Eileen Prince and got to talk to her- what could she tell them that might help their goals? Harry is now on the hunt for Horcruxes with very little information about how to find them. Where does he begin and what will he do with them once he finds them? He’s awfully good at pulling through at the end on his own but he’s always needed help along the way.

Rowling has said that she originally intended "Chamber of Secrets" to be Titled "Half Blood Prince" but then took out the Prince’s storyline to make room on down the line for him.

Quote:
Quote:
The story line of the Half-Blood Prince in this book was initially incorporated into the second book and I obviously do not want an elaborate on that in case people haven't finished the book and that is why the working title of Chamber of Secrets was the Half-Blood Prince, it became clear to me during the writing of that book that I had two major plots here that really did not work too well together side by side, so one had to be pulled out, it became clear immediately that I could have soldiered on, included that information there and that would have been messed up the later plot, as you know if you have. I will be very careful, the revelations about the half-blood, for instance, would have blown a lot of things open…(link).
One strikingly parallel element in COS and HBP are the two books with secret identities. Riddle’s Diary and Snape’s/Prince’s Advanced Potions book. Both are metaphors for their owners. I wonder, could there be a secret about the Advanced Potions Book that would have led to the Secret behind the Diary? The Diary revealed Riddle to be Voldemort, and in HBP we found out is was also a Horcrux. The Potions Book revealed the Half Blood Prince to be Severus Snape and it led us to Eileen Prince. Could Eileen Prince also be a key to discovering the Horcruxes?

The Potions book is estimated to be about 50 years old – if bought new by Snape’s Mother while she was in school it might place her in school as a younger student about the time Tom Riddle was an older student. This also might be about the same time as Chamber of Secrets was first opened and about the time Riddle created the Diary Horcrux. Irma Pince is skilled in "hexing books." It might follow that Pince /Prince knows something about how Riddle made his diary into a Horcrux? Could she know the secret to the spell?

Inside Information:

If Snape is good, and wants to facilitate the downfall of Voldemort from the inside, he has no way of communicating to the Order or Harry directly. No one will trust him. However, if Irma= Eileen no doubt she would want to keep tabs with her son somehow. Perhaps -inherent to the secrecy of their relationship- they already have a failsafe method of communication established. Pince might be able to deliver some useful information.

What will happen when Voldemort attacks the school? No doubt every member of the staff, the elves and the ghosts- down to the paintings and the Suit of Armor will stand up to defend the school. I imagine Irma Pince will be a part of this defense. If she is still in touch with Snape somehow- she might have some inside information on how Voldemort plans to attack the school. If she has half of the cunning her son lives off of she will figure out a way to pass that info along to the right people and may not even reveal where it's coming from.

The Dementor Army.

Dumbledore suggested as far back as GOF that Voldemort would recruit the Dementors and we know by HBP, he has– and they have been breeding for some time now. No doubt Voldemort will sick an army of them on the school or the rest of the Wizarding World at some point in DH. Scary stuff.

The only method we know of to fight off the dementors is Harry’s own method, taught to him by Lupin. The Patronus charm. Yet the Patronus is also very advanced magic. Harry is good with it by now and he taught it to a handful of students in his DADA class, but even Harry wasn’t able to conjure one up under pressure the first time he needed to and it seems most of the school who did not attend his classes would not now how to do it. So how is a school full of inexperience students of varying ages going to fight the dementors?

At the very end of HBP we learned that Snape’s method of fighting off a dementor differs from Harrys- but Rowling failed to reveal exactly what the difference was.

Now remember, “that awful boy?” That Petunia overheard Lily talking to about Dementors. Here's an interesting exchange from a Q&A with Rowling:
Quote:
Quote:
David Moulds for the News of the World - How does Aunt Petunia know about dementors and all the other magical facts she knows?

JK Rowling: Another very good question. She overheard a conversation, that is all I am going to say. She overheard conversation. The answer is in the beginning of Phoenix, she said she overheard Lily being told about them basically.

Is that true?

JK Rowling: Yes. The reason I am hesitant is because there is more to it than that. As I think you suspect. Correctly, but I don't want to say what else there is because it relates to book 7. (link)
Notice Rowling is careful not to say WHO Lily was talking to. If it were simply James Potter Petunia overheard-as Harry had suspected- that would reveal no big secret. Rowling would not have the need to leave it out of the text and out of her answer. However, if it were Snape- that is a big revelation and a plot point she would want to hide.

J.K. Rowling has also stated that she won't reveal the matter of what Snape’s Patronus form would take or his Boggart –until Book 7– because it gives too much away. Here's this Q&A:
Quote:
:
Ernie: I wonder if you can let us know what form will Professor Snape's Boggart and Patronus take? I am very curious.
JK Rowling replies -> Well, I'm not going to tell you Ernie, but that's because it would give so much away. I wonder whether Ernie is your real name? (It was my grandfather's).(link)
Rowling shut that one down pretty fast. The more times I read this quote the more I keep seeing the fact that Rowling blatantly diverted the attention back to the questioner with such as odd question of her own "I wonder if that's your real name?" and pointedly brought up the name of her own family ancestor. I can't get past that - it's just a bit bizarre.

We know that Harry’s Patronus takes the form of the stag which is a symbol of his father (paternal protection.) Tonk’s Patronus is symbolic of Lupin- whom she is in love with. So it seem the Patronus takes the form of a familial Protector, someone we trust on a very fundamental level. Snape's Patronus would reveal who his family Protector really is and something about him as well. This is a man who deems emotions as "weak" and seemingly depends solely on himself. Again as a double-agent he can not be seen to rely on anyone.

If his family connections are not important why would Snape and Rowling feel the need to hide it up to that last book? This, if anything is an indicator that Snape is hiding something to do with his family. It might reveal once and for all his connection to Irma Pince the Vulturelike protector- who mimics his words and behaviors in COS and OOP.

And when we learn more about this conversation with Lily we might learn more about Snape’s past experience with Dementors, and why his own instructions for the students who don't know how to conjur a Patronus might matter.

Maybe we also learn why we can't see Snape's Patronus. Most likely his Patronus is the key to his protector, and could be a big clue to his true loyalty. Irma Pince might be able to reveal why Snape was talking to Lily about Dementors and bring home his method for fighting them. In turn if we see Snape’s Patronus – it might reveal his connection to Irma Pince, (I suspect in the form of an Irish Phoenix which "looks like an underfed Vulture".)

Last edited by Bscorp; June 21st, 2007 at 5:01 pm.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:31 am
First Year

Sorry if someone already caught this. Did anyone notice that if you reorder the letters in the name Irma Pince, it spells Im A Prince?

Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:37 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by micaylah View Post
Sorry if someone already caught this. Did anyone notice that if you reorder the letters in the name Irma Pince, it spells Im A Prince?
Yep I did... very interesting that her name rearraigned spells that ...

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 1:38 am
Seventh Year

in re "I'm A Prince" Yes, this was mentioned on pg1 near the bottom.

Quote:
Now one more thing, which may be silly but humor me, we know that Irma Pince is an anagram of “I’m a Prince” I also have to note how close the word Immram is to the name "Irma." Playing with anagrams again, I can split up Immram into "mm irma" MM being the abbreviated form of "Messieurs" pl. but since Immram usually refers to a male hero, I could invert the concept from a male singular to apply to a female singular by just adding an e "Mme Irma" and we have the abbreviated form of Madame Irma. The makes two ways that madam Irma Pince can be interpreted to Immram Prince

Old June 22nd, 2007, 6:19 am
Student

Quote:
I would expect Hermione to out the pieces together. It might be something like a small and simple scene after all is said and done to tie up a few loose pieces for the readers. (Since DD is not around for the debriefing, maybe Mme Pince will give us one- about Snape?)

But really there wouldn't have to be much "page time" put into it. It might be a simple clear connection made, something said, something Pince does that alerts Hermione (I do believe it will be Hermione.) to put it all together.
I concur. I have always thought that Hermione was the brains of " the Golden Trio." Hermione's solution to everything is to go to the library. We also have to remember that she was the one who figured out and got everyone past Severus' logic puzzle.
Quote:
Now remember, “that awful boy?” That Petunia overheard Lily talking to about Dementors. Here's an interesting exchange from a Q&A with Rowling:
Quote:

Notice Rowling is careful not to say WHO Lily was talking to. If it were simply James Potter Petunia overheard-as Harry had suspected- that would reveal no big secret. Rowling would not have the need to leave it out of the text and out of her answer. However, if it were Snape- that is a big revelation and a plot point she would want to hide.
I have always thought the "awful boy" has always been Severus Snape. I believe that the two were friends growing up, then, had a relationship. It makes me wonder if his mother liked Lily ?

Quote:
J.K. Rowling has also stated that she won't reveal the matter of what Snape’s Patronus form would take or his Boggart –until Book 7– because it gives too much away. Here's this Q&A:
Rowling shut that one down pretty fast. The more times I read this quote the more I keep seeing the fact that Rowling blatantly diverted the attention back to the questioner with such as odd question of her own "I wonder if that's your real name?" and pointedly brought up the name of her own family ancestor. I can't get past that - it's just a bit bizarre.

We know that Harry’s Patronus takes the form of the stag which is a symbol of his father (paternal protection.) Tonk’s Patronus is symbolic of Lupin- whom she is in love with. So it seem the Patronus takes the form of a familial Protector, someone we trust on a very fundamental level. Snape's Patronus would reveal who his family Protector really is and something about him as well. This is a man who deems emotions as "weak" and seemingly depends solely on himself. Again as a double-agent he can not be seen to rely on anyone.

If his family connections are not important why would Snape and Rowling feel the need to hide it up to that last book? This, if anything is an indicator that Snape is hiding something to do with his family. It might reveal once and for all his connection to Irma Pince the Vulturelike protector- who mimics his words and behaviors in COS and OOP.

And when we learn more about this conversation with Lily we might learn more about Snape’s past experience with Dementors, and why his own instructions for the students who don't know how to conjur a Patronus might matter.

Maybe we also learn why we can't see Snape's Patronus. Most likely his Patronus is the key to his protector, and could be a big clue to his true loyalty. Irma Pince might be able to reveal why Snape was talking to Lily about Dementors and bring home his method for fighting them. In turn if we see Snape’s Patronus – it might reveal his connection to Irma Pince, (I suspect in the form of an Irish Phoenix which "looks like an underfed Vulture".)
Actually, I suspect that Severus' patronus is a phoenix, representative of Headmaster Dumbledore. I believe he found the father figure he needed in the Headmaster. He already had a good, solid mother in his life. I believe the two are very close, especially now that she is at Hogwarts.

Old June 22nd, 2007, 8:04 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

This is totally out of left-field, but you may know that many people suspect Snape is from Yorkshire, since his name is "Severus," after the Roman Emperor who died in Yorkshire. Also, Spinner's End is reminiscent of many villages in Lancashire or Yorkshire - the North of England.

And I think I have mentioned before the "Irma" reminds me of the word "Ermine," which is a type of weasel - the family Mustelidae that JKR loves so much! (Badgers, Weasels, and Otters, Oh My!)

So I was doing some research on Roman Yorkshire, and came across the fact that one old Roman Road that ran from "Londinum" to York was known as the "Ermine Road" or "Ermin Way."

Map

It's also the home of the famous "Ermin Street Guard," or Roman Soldier reenactors:
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/s...w/ConEvent.497

Also in North Yorkshire - "Wade's Causeway" - another Roman Road, named for the god Woden! Of course, Woden was the god who was hung upside down - like Snape in SWM.
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/hi...road-trip.html

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon
Old June 22nd, 2007, 7:20 pm
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver ink pot View Post
This is totally out of left-field, but you may know that many people suspect Snape is from Yorkshire, since his name is "Severus," after the Roman Emperor who died in Yorkshire. Also, Spinner's End is reminiscent of many villages in Lancashire or Yorkshire - the North of England.

And I think I have mentioned before the "Irma" reminds me of the word "Ermine," which is a type of weasel - the family Mustelidae that JKR loves so much! (Badgers, Weasels, and Otters, Oh My!)

So I was doing some research on Roman Yorkshire, and came across the fact that one old Roman Road that ran from "Londinum" to York was known as the "Ermine Road" or "Ermin Way."

Map

It's also the home of the famous "Ermin Street Guard," or Roman Soldier reenactors:
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/s...w/ConEvent.497

Also in North Yorkshire - "Wade's Causeway" - another Roman Road, named for the god Woden! Of course, Woden was the god who was hung upside down - like Snape in SWM.
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/hi...road-trip.html
Perhaps this is where the Evans and the Snapes grew up ? Could Irma and Lily's mother have been friends ? We are all pretty sure that there was some type of relationship between Lily and Severus. Could it have started sometime before Hogwarts ? I could see it now, Lily's and Sev's first play date, when they were one or so.

Old June 23rd, 2007, 2:27 am
Second Year

I'm sorry, but WHO is Irma Pince?

Old June 23rd, 2007, 2:44 am
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post
I'm sorry, but WHO is Irma Pince?
Madam Irma Pince is the librarian at Hogwarts. She is seen sitting by the Potions Master in HP and the Chamber of Secrets, the movie. Bscorp, the thread originator, has come up with the best theories and such tying everything together relating to her being Eileen Prince, Severus Snape's mother. If you haven't just go back to page one and read through all the posts if you have the time. It will be well worth it if you do. And you won't be confused.

Last edited by Sevstrueluve; June 23rd, 2007 at 2:47 am.
Old June 23rd, 2007, 3:44 am
Second Year

lol I tried to read the theory and I just couldn't place the name! Thank you! hahaha

Old June 23rd, 2007, 6:57 am
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post
lol I tried to read the theory and I just couldn't place the name! Thank you! hahaha
Look on the HP Lexicon. She is the Hogwarts librarian.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies