Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Child of love potion

Old July 6th, 2007, 2:34 pm
Third Year

Re: Child of love potion

While I don't believe this theory I think you have a great way of thinking. It is an interesting concept that a child born out of artifical love could be like that. Someone ( can't remember who but Al Gore quoted him) once said that evil is the absence of truth. If there was no truth to the love then it may produce an evil child

Intresting indeed.

DO YOU JUST LOVE LUPIN AND TONKS?
DO YOU THINK THAT THEY WILL BREAK UP?
ARE YOU A SNAPE FAN?

IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO THESE QUESTIONS, CHANCES ARE YOU WILL LOVE MY FAN FICTION CALLED THE BOARDING HOUSE.

READ IT HERE.
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2007, 3:30 pm
Sixth Year

Well, it was said that Tom was a "funny baby". And babies in the womb are actually rather in tune with the outside environment to a certain extent, so I think the circumstances surrounding the time from his conception to his birth may have had some effect on him.

"No trial, no error, no ability to conceptualize. Perfection would make us obsolete. Many magnificent things have been, and will continue to come into existence. And yet every last one of them will fall short of perfection's finish. Our function as men of science relies on their many shortcomings. Then, and only then, can we apply the fruits of our labor."--Mayuri Kurotsuchi, Bleach
Old July 6th, 2007, 3:53 pm
First Year

Children are a mixture of Nature versus Nurture. I'm sure that we can all agree that Tom missed out on every possible bit of affection that could have helped him to not be the way he is now.

Old July 6th, 2007, 4:41 pm
Registered Animagus

It is an interesting theory - the problem I see with it is that Merope was not under the influence of the Love Potion. I could see it happening easier if SHE had been the one dosed - especially if she was repeatedly dosed. That would affect a baby in the womb.

But it is instead the father Tom who was dosed with the Love Potion. His only interaction with the baby in the womb would be the sperm - a one-time contribution, so no continual side-affects. However, the sperm is essentially one-half of the initial building blocks, so it is possible that making a child with a tainted (with potions) beginning half could have physical manifestations. It seems unlikely that there would only be changes in the brain tho' and none in outward appearance.

I think it had much more to do with his magical abilities in the midst of a busy orphanage. He apparently came across as 'odd' from the very beginning - very 'quiet'. Whether this is somehow because he was formed from a sperm cell tainted with Love Potion or because his mother was apparently starving in her late terms of pregnancy (hardly superior pre-natal care) - I can't tell.

However, the nuture (or lack of it) in the orphanage and the 'powers' he discovered he had that set him above the other kids, I think these affected Voldy more.

And when that day would come, that he had better have the appropriate memories that would enable him to lie to Voldy's face.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives