Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak

Would you want to be Harry Potter?

Old November 19th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Would you want to be Harry Potter?

No. I wouldn't like the attention. I wouldn't mind being Dumbledore though.

Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2011, 2:42 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotoc_Sabbath View Post
Not anymore alone, I'm in too.
Honestly now, I would say yes without thinking about it twice. Indeed I would have to go thorugh many and many sufferings, but thinking of it I would really: why? Because one of my main beliefs, that was strongly influenced by JKR's books, is that saving a life of a loved one is the ultimate thing someone can do. I am still young but if I died without ever saving a life in mine I would really have a very big regret. Saving a life of a person you love has really no price. I will never be able to explain how I feel about this in words, but I think that it is simply the most wondeful thing I could do in my life and I wouldn't exchange the opportunity of doing it for anything in the world. So yes I would have been, if it depended on me, Harry Potter. He saved so many lives I couldn't think of a more fantastic thing to do. It would be really amazing for me.
I'm not going to talk for everyone who said "Oh GOD NO!!!" lol but, if I don't want to be Harry, it's not because of... I don't want to die saving someone or anything.

It's just... look at his life. Not the brave sacrifice part. Also, there are lot of people who save lives, so... It's not a Harry thing. I just looked at his whole life in general: Orphan, being uncared/unliked for 10 years or so, being stared at constantly, being judged, Being blamed when something goes wrong, Risking your life and your friends life, losing more people because of that, losing the only loving parent you could ever have (Sirius), somehow... by your fault and having to deal with that, Seeing people you love being murdered (because he has lost so many loved ones. I don't want to lose so many people I love) I mean...

No, thanks. And that has nothing to do with me not willing to sacrifice myself or anything.

Chamber of Secrets and Pottermore
Sig by NikkyNik. Nice n' Spicy since 1991.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons -
For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
Old November 19th, 2011, 4:42 pm
First Year

I think I would like being Harry. After thinking about it, I think Harry is an extraordinarily brave and inherently good person. I value family above all else and growing up without parents (and with the Dursleys) would be extremely difficult. However, despite all the traumatic things he went through at such a young age, he still turned out well. I think that shows strength and is something I kind of envy. He maintained modesty after being one of the most well-known wizards ever. Also, after going through everything bad during his Hogwarts years, he ended up meeting his two best friends and wife and created an incredible life for himself.

sig by DarkLord7

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
~Sirius Black

Pottermore:
CauldronPixie6904
Hufflepuff
Wand-black walnut, phoenix feather core, 10 3/4 inches, hard flexibility
Old November 19th, 2011, 7:05 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPimlico View Post
It's just... look at his life. Not the brave sacrifice part. Also, there are lot of people who save lives, so... It's not a Harry thing. I just looked at his whole life in general: Orphan, being uncared/unliked for 10 years or so, being stared at constantly, being judged, Being blamed when something goes wrong, Risking your life and your friends life, losing more people because of that, losing the only loving parent you could ever have (Sirius), somehow... by your fault and having to deal with that, Seeing people you love being murdered (because he has lost so many loved ones. I don't want to lose so many people I love) I mean...
Since we are talking about being Harry Potter I said yes but that doesn't exclude that there are other ways of saving lives.

By the way talking about the sufferings, I can understand your point yet I would still do it because that would only bring me to be the person who I am, and since Harry is a wonderful person I would have no problems. Don't get me wrong and say I'm insensitive, I perfectly understand that going thorugh that would be horrible but no one in this thread has yet talked about the happy moments that Harry passed! Come on ok his life wasn't all happy and a joke but his happy moments aren't so rare and I'd say they are wonderful.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Draco Dormiens Numquam Tintillandus

"J.K. Rowling's Imagination should be ensured to the Loyds in London for two or three billion dollars"
-Stephen King-

I know JKR denied it, but unless she gives me proof with a Deathly Hallows Sequel, in my head Harry and Ron are going to go back to hogwarts for their last year!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak