Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Things that bothered you about the final film



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #541  
Old October 24th, 2011, 3:28 am
decarus  Female.gif decarus is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 4052 days
Location: Averalaan
Posts: 4,149
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceysChain View Post
Ouch! I feel your pain. I HATE audiences like that. They always affect your opinion on a movie. During my second viewing of Deathly Hallows Part 1, EVERYONE was talking and laughing during almost every single scene! I don't think any of those scenes were ridiculous personally (minus Voldemort/Draco hug ). I thought everything else was rather good.
Well while i didn't find those scenes laughable, i did find them cringe worthy. Personally i thought Part 2 was terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceysChain View Post
I'm not really sure if Part 2 was supposed to be scary, but I personally thought both the scenes with Voldemort speaking inside everyone's heads and those two girls screaming was terrifying/disturbing!
The scene with Voldemort talking in peoples head was probably the only slightly scary scene. The only disturbing scene would be the snake knocking Snape against the windows in the boathouse. Though i really think the film should have lead to a tense climax and it didn't. It was cringe worthy.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #542  
Old October 24th, 2011, 3:39 am
merrymarge's Avatar
merrymarge  Female.gif merrymarge is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 3956 days
Posts: 2,159
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

I thought it was supposed to be Voldemort talking loudly, without anyone seeing where he was. the book mentioned it was like the walls of Hogwarts were speaking in Voldemort's voice.
for the people who talk during the movie, you can report them to the ushers, or afterwards the manager. Ushers are supposed to tell people to quiet down.


Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old October 24th, 2011, 4:30 am
HedwigOwl's Avatar
HedwigOwl  Female.gif HedwigOwl is offline
Curse Breaker
 
Joined: 5547 days
Location: Surfing a Probability Wave
Posts: 6,970
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Voldemort hugging Draco. Neville saying you and what army. Harry and Voldemort's heads becoming one head with the screaming. Neville waking up with the flaming death eater flying behind him in the great hall. Voldemort killing the Pius. Neville's speech in the entrance courtyard. Voldemort's flaking death.

People just laughed throughout the whole film at weird moments because of how ridiculous some of the scenes were.
Wow. I'm glad I wasn't in that audience, it would have annoyed me no end. Personally, I don't find any of those scenes funny or understand why anyone would laugh.


__________________
http://www.cosforums.com/images/img/401694897da473df47.png[/img]
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff...

....I miss David Tennant....
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old October 24th, 2011, 4:34 am
eddie330  Male.gif eddie330 is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 3071 days
Location: Why do you care?
Posts: 177
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
People just laughed throughout the whole film at weird moments because of how ridiculous some of the scenes were.
When I was watching Bellatrix's death scene, everybody (but me) applauded and cheered. Me, not wanting to be left out, waited until Voldy's death scene and cheered immediatly. No one else cheered. Awkward.


__________________

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old October 24th, 2011, 5:04 am
HedwigOwl's Avatar
HedwigOwl  Female.gif HedwigOwl is offline
Curse Breaker
 
Joined: 5547 days
Location: Surfing a Probability Wave
Posts: 6,970
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie330 View Post
When I was watching Bellatrix's death scene, everybody (but me) applauded and cheered. Me, not wanting to be left out, waited until Voldy's death scene and cheered immediatly. No one else cheered. Awkward.
Each viewing I went to, everyone applauded & cheered at the very end of the film.


__________________
http://www.cosforums.com/images/img/401694897da473df47.png[/img]
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff...

....I miss David Tennant....
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old October 24th, 2011, 5:11 am
nevilles_sis  Female.gif nevilles_sis is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 2958 days
Location: between Venus and Mars
Posts: 20
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie330 View Post
When I was watching Bellatrix's death scene, everybody (but me) applauded and cheered. Me, not wanting to be left out, waited until Voldy's death scene and cheered immediatly. No one else cheered. Awkward.
Yikes! that WOULD be awkward! As for me, I didn't applaud at Bellatrix's death, because it happened so FAST...I mean, I wasn't expecting the duel to be done in less than 30 seconds. I think others applauded, but by the time I registered it was over,it was too late to clap.

I tried to clap at Voldy's death, but with him flaking away like he did, I wasn't quite sure when the "moment of death" was!

Oh, and this may be off topic..but there was a trailer scene showing Voldy at Harry's neck, asking him "why do you live?" and Harry replies "I have something worth living for" (or something like that) ..didn't make it into the final cut of the movie...anyone else disappointed like I was? I'd have rather seen that dialogue than the silly Harry/Voldy blending faces thing....


Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old October 24th, 2011, 5:17 am
Taquiq  Male.gif Taquiq is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 3210 days
Location: Hogwarts Library
Posts: 207
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
Each viewing I went to, everyone applauded & cheered at the very end of the film.
At my theater, I was one of three people who cheered when it ended. I started clapping first, and it was awkward when only a couple people clapped! It was probably because I didn't go right when it came out, so their weren't much serious Harry Potter fans.


__________________


Lightnox167
12 inches, Hawthorn, Unicorn Hair core, unyielding


Last edited by Taquiq; October 24th, 2011 at 5:19 am.
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old October 24th, 2011, 5:44 am
StaceysChain  Female.gif StaceysChain is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 3330 days
Location: UK
Posts: 160
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevilles_sis View Post
Yikes! that WOULD be awkward! As for me, I didn't applaud at Bellatrix's death, because it happened so FAST...I mean, I wasn't expecting the duel to be done in less than 30 seconds. I think others applauded, but by the time I registered it was over,it was too late to clap.

I tried to clap at Voldy's death, but with him flaking away like he did, I wasn't quite sure when the "moment of death" was!

Oh, and this may be off topic..but there was a trailer scene showing Voldy at Harry's neck, asking him "why do you live?" and Harry replies "I have something worth living for" (or something like that) ..didn't make it into the final cut of the movie...anyone else disappointed like I was? I'd have rather seen that dialogue than the silly Harry/Voldy blending faces thing....
My mum literally screamed with delight at Bellatrix's death! She absolutely hated her! It was a bit embarrassing because my boyfriend was there and loads of people turned round to look at us... but at the same time it was so awesome, since I've never ever seen her reacted like that!

Oh yeah, I was really disappointed when they took the "Why do you live?" scene out. I spent ages coming up with theories on what would happen and I felt really cheated when it was cut (as lame as that sounds ) plus I wanted to see Harry get one over Voldemort and Voldemort's response.


Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old October 24th, 2011, 12:14 pm
acciowinter  Female.gif acciowinter is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 3116 days
Posts: 230
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix45 View Post
I agree with the Voldemort hugging Draco thing. He was completely devoid of any loving emotion, yet he hugs someone? It was just awkward for me.
that was awkward wasn't it. I mean a hug, really? It's nice to see that he was so obviously relieved to have Draco back on his side but still that was a little bit overdone and I am dying to ask whoever wrote that into the script of what they were thinking...

Quote:
Also, I guess I'm being super nit-picky here, but the way Harry grabs Voldemort around his neck when he throws them off the castle ledge, I just thought it looked sort of weird, like he almost looked like he was about to hug him. I thought it should've been a little bit more brutal, like grabbing his cloak and dragging him off or something.
You are not though. That entire scene bothered me to no end. I mean did Harry know Voldemort can fly? If not why would he throw himself and Voldemort off the cliff? It makes no sense. And then they heads like become one and it's all super weird. It was so random.


__________________
they can fire everything they've got
and when they think i'm sunk
i will float on and on
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old October 26th, 2011, 10:19 pm
peter333  Undisclosed.gif peter333 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 2942 days
Posts: 19
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Hello...

my 5 cents... loved the books. Loved them loved them loved them. I have seen the movies after reading the books.
What bothered me?

I love the characters. More than anything. So...lets do this.

Ron`s head making me see no kiss at all - that was a huge let down. 10 years of waiting for the kiss and I do not even see it. All I got was a red wet head. That is not cool.

But I can forgive this. (if I try really hard). Lily having brown eyes as a kid - weird, but thanks to Rickman`s brilliant performance - actually made me cry - i can forgive.
I forgive the brown eyed Lily.

Now the important stuff.
Dumbledore. Yes. Dumbledore. I am sorry, but I love this guy. He is amazing, brilliant, genius, he is smart, he is a good guy, he is the smartest guy, not only is he the omniscient old dude, he is also cool, he duels like nobody does,
he respects EVERYBODY, he treats the weakest and the strongest, the most humble and most stuck up all the same, he treats us all like equals, he loves everybody,
he respects
everybody.
He is cool!

Book-Dumbledore, that is.

What happened to the Dumbledore in the movies? I am not blaming Michael Gambon. Not blaming the director either - or...I dont know.
Honestly, who`s fault is this?

First of all Dumbledore hardly explains anything to Harry in the King Cross scene.

Secondly, he did not really open up to Harry, he did not apologize to Harry, he did not cry - he did NOTHING whatsoever that made the scene BRILLIANT in the books. No explanation, no emotion, no connecting , no bonding with Harry. Just weird mumbling. The scene was not emotional at all. Whereas Rickman could make even the non-readers care, I did not care one bit about the Harry or the Dumbledore in King`s Cross. Sorry.

Third - and most unnerving - Dumbledore leaving just like that.
WHAT was up with that?
Why would ever a brilliant, always polite, always respectful, wise old wizard like Dumbledore just get up in the middle of the conversation and just walk away, smiling like a - well, smiling pretty creepy - and leave Harry calling after him?
Isn`t that - oh, I don`t know - rude?
Is that what we call manners?
This is something that bothers me every time when I think about DH 2 the movie. I am very sorry, I know people like the movie Dumbledore, and/or M.Gambon.

It is just that he is so brilliant in the books. I mean, I am sorry, but what I respect about him is how he treats people. He is always cool, polite, nice, divine....
Yet
in the movie, he leaves hardly any impression. There are other characters who steal the show...that is ok, as long as he
does not , well,
walk away from a conversation rudely. Not even in afterlife would Albus ever do that.

Well, yeah, there is lots of other stuff.
The wand breaking, and the make-up on te actors in the 19 years later scene,
and
Voldie being shattered instead of dying, and the awkward Malfoy-Voldie hug..lots of things. Some annoynig, some funny.

Yes - Voldie not being scary at all, that annoyed me a bit.
He was a comic relief I feared him in the books. I laughed at him in the movie theather.
Also, he is a funny guy to non-readers - so says
my friend, who did not read the books. Voldie seems funny, not scary

And , well, Hermione hugging Harry, while Ron stares like he hates Harry or something. That was weird.


But above all.
Dumbledore would never ever ever walk away while you are still talking to him. He would never
leave your side without polite conclusion, he would never let Harry - of all people - yell questions after him.
That is not good manners.
That is not even smart.
That is not love.

That is no Dumbeldore. Not the one I like so much in the books.

I
am sorry, I just cannot respect an old guy who walks away smiling, while
Harry still has questions.

More on movie-Dumbledore in other threads.

That is about it for now


And one last bit: Harry in the book did not call "Professor, what should I do?". That
was not appropriate to put in the movie.
Just no.
That was so out of place.

Harry`s journey was complete by then.
He already knew what to do.


Have a nice day....



Last edited by peter333; October 26th, 2011 at 10:28 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old October 27th, 2011, 12:02 am
leah49's Avatar
leah49  Female.gif leah49 is offline
Ron's Pygmy Puff
 
Joined: 4473 days
Location: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Age: 37
Posts: 6,390
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

  • It's the final film.
  • Harry didn't fix his wand.
  • Harry broke the Elder Wand and threw it over the bridge. That just doesn't seem like something Harry would do.
  • The way Bellatrix died. I think she should have fallen to the ground instead of exploding or whatever she did.
  • Snape crying over Lily's body with Harry crying in the background. Trying to play this off as a beautiful/tragic scene. I really don't like Snape's memories at all. It portrays him as the victim and that he lost an awful lot, like he had nothing to do with it at all. It doesn't show that he heard part of the prophecy and told Voldemort. None of his guilty actions were shown or told. It paints a very one-sided picture of Snape that is not what is in the books.


__________________



I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.

Last edited by leah49; October 27th, 2011 at 12:04 am.
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old October 27th, 2011, 1:41 am
nevilles_sis  Female.gif nevilles_sis is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 2958 days
Location: between Venus and Mars
Posts: 20
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
  • It's the final film.
  • Snape crying over Lily's body with Harry crying in the background. Trying to play this off as a beautiful/tragic scene. I really don't like Snape's memories at all. It portrays him as the victim and that he lost an awful lot, like he had nothing to do with it at all. It doesn't show that he heard part of the prophecy and told Voldemort. None of his guilty actions were shown or told. It paints a very one-sided picture of Snape that is not what is in the books.
I have to say that I thought Rickman was brilliant and the anguish he portrayed made me cry. However, I was disturbed that baby Harry was in the background..which means, what- Snape cried over Lily and then disappeared before the Order arrived to take custody of Harry? I don't know...but that kind of takes away from the emotion a bit.. I mean, the dichotomy of Snape pouring out his sadness over Lily, while innocent Harry - with his scar - just sitting helpless in the background. It doesnt speak much for Snape that he put out all the emotion over a dead love, and then just LEFT her child there...anyone have any reason he may have done this? I can't think of any at this moment.

I really liked the memories in the book MUCH better---it explained a lot more--for one, I really was hoping that the curse that hit George would actually be explained as it was actually cast by Snape, but was meant for another DE. That speaks more to Snape's character and his commitment to keeping his word to Dumbledore.

Snape was my favorite character - and I only wish they could have given the Prince's Tale a little more time on screen.

And in regards to Peter333's description of Dumbledore - I totally agree! and I, also was a big avid book reader before watching the films. Something was lost in translating Dumbledore from books to screen. Your post breaks it down very well!


Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old October 27th, 2011, 2:55 am
ForbiddenSecret  Female.gif ForbiddenSecret is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3086 days
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Posts: 63
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

-The breaking of the Elder wand irritated me a fair bit. I literally said to my friend right after he did that "why did he do that!? Now he can't fix his own wand!" and the people sitting in front of us looked back at us weirdly. :P

-I see lots of people talking about the draco/voldy hug, but I just wanted to say that I liked it. This is because it seemed to show that Draco didn't really want to be a part of the death eaters, from the awkwardness of it (but apparently it wasn't ment to be in the script, it was improvised, or so says a Harry Potter facts website, and I looked it up on other websites too, and it's true, here's a link for a video where Tom says it himself. http://www.hypable.com/harry-potter/...-at-dragoncon/ )

-I was very bothered that they didn't show Fred's death though, even though it was sad, it was something I wanted to see.

-And of course the way Voldemort and Bella died. I wasn't happy at all about that. With them turning into the confetti, and no crowds around seeing the final moments of Voldemort.

-Lastly, the time fillers, such as Ron and Hermione chasing Nagini around. Why have that in and not put something more useful into it, like a proper scene for Voldemorts death.

Oh well, each movie has it's problems. Let's just be happy that we got a movie in two parts so it had most of the story in it. :P


Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old October 27th, 2011, 3:19 am
decarus  Female.gif decarus is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 4052 days
Location: Averalaan
Posts: 4,149
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevilles_sis View Post
I have to say that I thought Rickman was brilliant and the anguish he portrayed made me cry. However, I was disturbed that baby Harry was in the background..which means, what- Snape cried over Lily and then disappeared before the Order arrived to take custody of Harry? I don't know...but that kind of takes away from the emotion a bit.. I mean, the dichotomy of Snape pouring out his sadness over Lily, while innocent Harry - with his scar - just sitting helpless in the background. It doesnt speak much for Snape that he put out all the emotion over a dead love, and then just LEFT her child there...anyone have any reason he may have done this? I can't think of any at this moment.
Snape is absolutely horrible to Harry in the book. This doesn't seem a bit out of character to me that he would just let Harry cry. Snape cares only about himself.


Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old December 10th, 2011, 11:55 am
FleurDeLaPointe  Undisclosed.gif FleurDeLaPointe is offline
Banned
 
Joined: 4287 days
Posts: 328
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevilles_sis View Post
It doesnt speak much for Snape that he put out all the emotion over a dead love, and then just LEFT her child there...anyone have any reason he may have done this? I can't think of any at this moment.
Snape just lost the only person whom he loved ever in his life. Compounded by the fact that it was a love that he could never have, the obsessive quality and focus on the death of Lily and Lily only would have easily explained his ignorance of Harry crying in the corner.

As for everyone criticizing Dumbledore walking away, we have to keep in mind that this was a man who was a Machiavellian "hero" who pitting people against each other in order to defeat Voldemort. I like the idea of him walking off because it is similiar to him in PoA being aloof or slightly batty about the way he does things but having it work out. People paint Dumbledore as kind and caring but forget the fact that he was a manipulator, making sure to justify any means to the end.

Plus people should realize that a spirit guide walking away as a person talks has always been a cinematic tradition for decades, basically indicating that the discussion is over, the hero has succeeded in his journey and no further guidance is needed. It's not an element of rudeness, it's basically saying to Harry that Dumbledore's wisdom is no longer needed anymore because Harry has all that he needed.


Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old December 10th, 2011, 3:34 pm
decarus  Female.gif decarus is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 4052 days
Location: Averalaan
Posts: 4,149
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

The entire King's cross scene was pretty bad. What was bad about Dumbledore walking away was not that he walked away, but the fact that Harry seemed like he didn't know what he was doing. That was a problems with film, Harry never came to a point where he knew what he was doing. They were always just going from scene to scene without anything interesting connecting what was going on.


Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old December 10th, 2011, 4:35 pm
SopophorousBean's Avatar
SopophorousBean  Female.gif SopophorousBean is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 3337 days
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Age: 29
Posts: 606
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

I think I've come to terms with the book changes/added scenes in the last film, so the things that are bugging me more recently are things like bits of dialogue.

I think the disadvantage of having the film split in two was the constant need to explain the Horcruxes which slightly bugged, having to refer to them as "bits of his soul" etc and having Harry reveal to Aberforth that they're hunting for Horcruxes. It just didn't feel necessary and felt like those comments stood out too much as a reminder to the audience, rather than necessary dialogue that was inkeeping with the film.

Also, I'm still bothered by the exchange between Ron and Hermione before they enter the Chamber of Secrets - "Harry talks in his sleep, have you noticed?" "No, of course not" - I just really don't like it if it was meant to be humourous, that was something that was lost on me and so I just cringe a bit when I hear it.

Seeing the Tonks/Lupin deleted scene makes me wish they'd kept it in, it would have done their story so much more justice but I'm at least glad to see they filmed it. Also on the point of deleted scenes I wish they'd kept in, when Neville and the others are planning to blow up the bridge, that needed more explaining. It took me so many viewings before I realised they were planting charges on the bridge and intending to blow it up


__________________

Proud Pottermore and CoS Hufflepuff!
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old December 10th, 2011, 5:01 pm
MerryLore's Avatar
MerryLore  Female.gif MerryLore is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 3085 days
Location: catagorizing Sev's books
Posts: 1,627
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopophorousBean View Post

Seeing the Tonks/Lupin deleted scene makes me wish they'd kept it in, it would have done their story so much more justice but I'm at least glad to see they filmed it. Also on the point of deleted scenes I wish they'd kept in, when Neville and the others are planning to blow up the bridge, that needed more explaining. It took me so many viewings before I realised they were planting charges on the bridge and intending to blow it up
I agree with you.

It seems to me that the main scenes they show as having been deleted are usually "informational" - that is, they explain what is going on in the story. I believe they've said it's because they think it takes too much away from the flow of the film, and the action. I disagree.

I also wish they'd kept the scene where the Slytherins escape from the dungeons. I loved the scene with Nagini chasing Ron and Hermione as well - it was both funny (Hermione's comment) and scary.


__________________
avatar by me and WB, banner by Dark_Disciple

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, After all this time?
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown

Last edited by MerryLore; December 10th, 2011 at 5:12 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old December 10th, 2011, 5:58 pm
BrianTung's Avatar
BrianTung  Male.gif BrianTung is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 3122 days
Location: California
Age: 52
Posts: 678
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryLore View Post
It seems to me that the main scenes they show as having been deleted are usually "informational" - that is, they explain what is going on in the story. I believe they've said it's because they think it takes too much away from the flow of the film, and the action. I disagree.
I have a complicated relationship with such scenes. In books, I would absolutely get rid of these wherever possible. Anyone reading books like these is making a substantial investment of time and intellectual energy. They can figure stuff out. They can go back and re-read where necessary. I'm not talking about leaving the reader in a complete lurch, but taking time out to plot dump for three paragraphs in a way that doesn't advance the plot is often a waste of time. I'd rather the details be leaked out little by little, so we have the pleasure of working things out. Sometimes, I think it suggests the authors are just a little too proud of their world creation and want to explain it to hear themselves speak.

In movies, though, it's different. One does not have the opportunity to go back and re-watch--not until the DVD comes out. One often goes in just looking for a good couple of hours. (If you're reading the books in a couple of hours, I don't care if your name is Evelyn Woods, you're probably missing a lot of stuff!) So it makes sense to have to explain some stuff.

That being said, some expository scenes are jarring enough that it makes sense to delete them. I noticed that some of the DH2 deleted scenes explained stuff about the book world. But the film world is different, and those scenes aren't needed to explain stuff about it.

(It took me a long time to come to grips with some of the consequences of this. For instance, it bugged me that Harry never fixed his own wand before snapping the Elder Wand. But in the film world, his original wand was never that important to him beyond being a wand that worked for him. He didn't feel the loss. He didn't take the pieces that Hermione gave him and put it into his pouch. When he practiced with Draco's wand, it basically worked just the way he wanted. (Engorgio!) He didn't ask Ollivander to fix his original wand. So it makes sense, in a way, that he didn't fix his wand in the film world. Don't get me wrong--it still bugs me, because his caring about the wand was something important to me--but I'm basically reconciled to the loss of that scene.)

So, to sum up, in the films, I understand the presence of some expository scenes, for the casual fans. But by and large, I'd get rid of them when I can, unless something absolutely magical (pun only semi-unintended) happens in them.


__________________
If you've got a moment, why not try out the FORT Sorting Quiz? Now in New and Improved v2.0!

Cornets acoustiques et de glace!

Pottermore Beta Tester, First Batch (2011-08-15)
ChaserQuaffle211
Ravenclaw (about what I expected)
14-1/2 inches, redwood with phoenix feather core, brittle
Russian blue cat

Last edited by BrianTung; December 10th, 2011 at 6:03 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old December 10th, 2011, 8:27 pm
Westyane  Female.gif Westyane is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 2900 days
Location: Sweden
Age: 23
Posts: 43
Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

I disliked Voldemort's death.
He just made a face and went to pieces and disappeared into the sky. It was visually perfect and a perfect death for a movie, but I liked the whole thing of Voldemort's dead body among the ones whose death he had caused, and also being an equal to the people he had called off as non-equals: weak, mudbloods, etc.

MerryLore: Agreed. I believe that if you get the information into the movie in a good way, it rather helps to create a better flow. Less people going "Wait, what, why do they do like that? What is that?" and ending up too unfocused to understand what is explained to them.


Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 7:31 pm.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.