Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

Old February 28th, 2007, 12:15 am
First Year

Re: Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

Obviously Voldemort is going to die. As for Harry, I'm really not sure. I want him to live, but it would make a whole lot of sense for him to die, i.e., nobody else could make another Harry Potter book years down the road.

I have a really big feeling that a few Weasleys are going to die. Since I don't like Percy, I'd like one of them to be him. But I have a feeling either one or both of the twins will die, and possibly even Ron.

I also think one of the trio might die. Either Ron, as stated already, or Hermione.

As for anybody else, possibly Snape, Pettigrew, Umbridge...

I have a feeling Draco will live, as well as his father.

Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2007, 12:19 am
First Year

I think that Harry will die. he has to if jo wants no NASs.

Old February 28th, 2007, 1:01 am
First Year

Hopefully, Harry.

But Lucius is dying for sure, possibly Snape.

And either Ron or Hagrid is dying 99% in my mind. One of those 2 is dying, and I don't know if I should celebrate.
She made Black die, then White - now it is time for Red. But who is Red? Ron, for his hair or Hagrid for his name, Rubeus?

mr. malfoy is prettier than you.
Y
Old February 28th, 2007, 2:36 pm
Second Year

Maybe Narcissa will die but at the hands of the Death Eaters, prompting Draco to go over to the good side.

Old February 28th, 2007, 7:23 pm
Second Year

I think Snape will die for the greater good. The trio will live. I'm sure JK has some rights when it comes to Harry Potter. No one else will be able to write another story about the boy -man wizard unless its JK.

Bellatrix, Greyback, possibly Nevill. I can't see Jk killing off the beloved characters even Voldemort. I think love will save him somehow.

Old February 28th, 2007, 9:31 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictus View Post
Hopefully, Harry.

But Lucius is dying for sure, possibly Snape.

And either Ron or Hagrid is dying 99% in my mind. One of those 2 is dying, and I don't know if I should celebrate.
She made Black die, then White - now it is time for Red. But who is Red? Ron, for his hair or Hagrid for his name, Rubeus?
That would be Hagrid. That is, as far as I understand, in accordance to the alchemical stages black - white - red. What´s in a name? Sirius Black died - Albus (white, I think greek) Dumbledore died - Rubeus (Red) Hagrid could be next. I have him on my 'will die' list. For that and for other reasons.

The Weasleys have all red hair and there are nine of them. I don´t know if that is clear-cut enough to apply to the black - white - red principle.

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old March 1st, 2007, 1:26 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjalina View Post
That would be Hagrid. That is, as far as I understand, in accordance to the alchemical stages black - white - red. What´s in a name? Sirius Black died - Albus (white, I think greek) Dumbledore died - Rubeus (Red) Hagrid could be next. I have him on my 'will die' list. For that and for other reasons.

The Weasleys have all red hair and there are nine of them. I don´t know if that is clear-cut enough to apply to the black - white - red principle.
Yes, I think that it's Hagrid. But frankly, I don't care at all about Hagrid, so... really, I am unaffected.
I think Ron or Hermione will die. I can't picture her dying, but Ron... again, someone I don't really care for. My friend would go insane, though.

Y
Old March 1st, 2007, 1:45 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjalina View Post

See, that's where it gets difficult. I think the Weasleys and Hagrid are equally in danger, so the black-white-red thing could apply to either party. Or maybe even both. It would be possible to lose a Weasley and Hagrid, I'm guessing... Maybe a more minor Weasley, though I am worried about the Fabian and Gideon = Fred and George connection, too...

Move on, move on
No there's nothing changing
Old March 1st, 2007, 2:16 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritey View Post
See, that's where it gets difficult. I think the Weasleys and Hagrid are equally in danger, so the black-white-red thing could apply to either party. Or maybe even both. It would be possible to lose a Weasley and Hagrid, I'm guessing... Maybe a more minor Weasley, though I am worried about the Fabian and Gideon = Fred and George connection, too...
She said 2 more characters will die than intended. No one knows exactly how many were supposed to die.
I would hate to be in her position.

It is a book but people take it seriously. You have people who like the Dark side and people who like Harry. So, kill one from either and you upset us all.

I don't think someone like Lucius or Narcissa even count as characters that she would mention hugely if they died. Like Karkaroff - it was breifly mentioned he died and that was it.

Y
Old March 1st, 2007, 2:22 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
She said 2 more characters will die than intended. No one knows exactly how many were supposed to die.
I would hate to be in her position.

It is a book but people take it seriously. You have people who like the Dark side and people who like Harry. So, kill one from either and you upset us all.

I don't think someone like Lucius or Narcissa even count as characters that she would mention hugely if they died. Like Karkaroff - it was breifly mentioned he died and that was it.
Oh, I know, I'm expecting a blood bath *does the evil laugh of doom* No seriously, though, I have a long list of people who I think may die... Tonks seems likely, as does Peter, Snape too, Luna's a maybe, a Weasley for sure, Hagrid, Ron or Hermione, Harry...

Aren't you glad I'm not writing it?

Though I think I disagree about Narcissa. Jo gave her a lot (well, some) depth in HBP - and she also kind of brought her into the whole "mother's love" storyline. So I think her death would have some attention paid to it.

Move on, move on
No there's nothing changing
Old March 1st, 2007, 2:32 am
First Year

Quote:
Oh, I know, I'm expecting a blood bath *does the evil laugh of doom* No seriously, though, I have a long list of people who I think may die... Tonks seems likely, as does Peter, Snape too, Luna's a maybe, a Weasley for sure, Hagrid, Ron or Hermione, Harry...

Aren't you glad I'm not writing it?

Though I think I disagree about Narcissa. Jo gave her a lot (well, some) depth in HBP - and she also kind of brought her into the whole "mother's love" storyline. So I think her death would have some attention paid to it.
But I don't really care about ANY of those people unless they're Snape or Lupin.
I'd only be upset if these died:

LUCIUS!
Snape
Lupin
Hermione
Draco [I'd laugh a little, then cry]
Bella

Seriously if she kills off Lucius, I'd cry more than all the Potter fanatics combined.
I think Narcissa will die. Why not, I say!

Y
Old March 1st, 2007, 2:54 am
First Year

Quote:
But I don't really care about ANY of those people unless they're Snape or Lupin.
I'd only be upset if these died:

LUCIUS!
Snape
Lupin
Hermione
Draco [I'd laugh a little, then cry]
Bella

Seriously if she kills off Lucius, I'd cry more than all the Potter fanatics combined.
I think Narcissa will die. Why not, I say!

I think it is really all up in the air right now...I mean, quite literally EVERYONE in the books are at risk. I am confident that Voldemort will be defeated...but at what price???

I don't know if I would cry or not during any of their deaths, but I am particularly fond of Snape, Draco and Hermione as well Rictus.

I also agree on the "bloodbath" theory. I mean, look at all the people she killed in HBP! I am currently listening to it on cd, but even if we didn't know the people per se, a lot of people have already been killed or seriously injured.

The only thing I have to say about the final battle: Smackdown...Here comes the pain!!!

Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.
- Tom Krause

If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.
- Winnie the Pooh
Old March 1st, 2007, 4:29 am
First Year

First of, I agree that of course either LV or Harry must die, and in my opinion that will be LV. Even though JK has made statements about being “devastated”, and in “mourning” after finishing this one, I can’t see how she could really kill off Harry, it would surely result in widespread anger.

As for the other thoughts about Snape and Draco, I feel that there is no way either can remain alive. Both, whether they end up good or bad, will choose a side, and sacrifice themselves for it. Snape especially has such a tragic history that I don’t believe it will end happily for him.

As far as the idea that someone very close to Harry will die (i.e. Ron, Hermione, or Ginny) because in the past other people close to him have died (Sirius, DD) I don’t necisarily buy it. If you think about it, even though Sirius and Harry had just established a relationship, he was only recently introduced to the stories, and we have actually learned more about him after his death that we did while he was alive. So I really wouldn’t consider him that “big” a character in the whole scheme of things. Also the death of DD was neccissary in order to give Harry the final fuel, and independence he needs to conquer LV. Even though JK says “important” peple will die, I just don’t neccisarily take that as someone as important as Ginny or Ron. Although I do think it could be another professor or member of the order. Maybe Lupin, Tonks, or Hagrid even.

Old March 1st, 2007, 1:49 pm
Inconceivable!

JK Rowling said that she told her husband who the two characters were that she had planned to kill that she originally intended to let live. He was sorry to see one of the two die. The person that I thought this could be was Draco. He is the one character whose fate seems the most unpredictable. He also seems to be a character that a reader might feel sorry to see die.

Old March 1st, 2007, 6:14 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
but Ron... again, someone I don't really care for.
Hem, hem... you say that to me of all people? Have a look at my screenname.

But thankfully, DH is not about who we want or don´t want to die. That´s all up to JKR.

Quote:
Yes, that´s why I asked: What´s in a name? Sure, Sirius had black hair, Dumbledore had white hair, when he died, although his hair was originally maroon. It does not seem to fit, when we go by hair colour. But it works, when we go by the names. And the one with a 'red' in his name is Rubeus Hagrid. Plus, he is the first from the wizarding world Harry met. He kind of introduced him into the WW. He told him about being a wizard, how his parents really died, about LV.

After Sirius´s and Dumbledore´s death, Hagrid is the last remaining fatherly 'guiding' figure, so to say. Unless, we count Lupin or Arthur. Of those, Arthur with his red hair could perhaps fit into the black-white-red concept. But Arthur already had a close call in OotP. I think, in trying to figure out who might die, we should be suspicious about those who have remained relatively unscathed and supposedly safe until now, not the ones who already had a very very close call, IMO.

For that matter:

Happy 27th Birthday, Ron!

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old March 2nd, 2007, 3:41 am
First Year

i agree with anyone who says if Harry dies, it would almost be defeating the whole pupose of the series.

his parents gave sacrificed their lives for him.
it would be too forced if harry died.

i understand if harry dies, no one can use him ever again.
same with ron and hermione.

wouldnt it be a bit cliche if they all died?

but i somewhat believe harry and voldemort will both die.

i also have a thought of draco and harry dueling it out.

i'd be most upset if harry or draco died.

Raised as a Gryffindor.
Thinks like a Slytherin.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 7:41 am
Second Year

what i dont get is.. how can there be only 2 people who die.. how is that even possible.. i mean how can 2 people die in a war...i guess she means 2 really main characters.. did she even use the word "main"?
well amongst others. i think
1. lupin .. cause of the mythology behind his name..remus according to the historical reference was brought up by wolves..(lupin) and he was killed.
2.hagrid. cause so far all color names have been killed off. albus ,black, and now rubeus.. but he will die right at the end.. cause he has to help harry get the other horcruxes..

i think the ones she changed her mind on were one of the weasleys.
and im hoping harry..but then that would cause a complete change in the plot and i dont really see jk doing that..
harry still has the grim over his head.. i think the divination teacher is better than she realizes herself.
so hagrid,lupin and harry.. 2 of these will be the ones who die..

Old March 2nd, 2007, 4:59 pm
Second Year

I think we will inevitably have to loose at least one Weasley. I'm guessing either Mrs. Weasley or Ron. Mrs Weasley would have the largest impact (which I believe many have stated on these boards before).

Also the qoute JK made about two dying I believe, was her saying that two more people that she had not originally planned on dying will die. Not that only two people in the entire book will die, or two people at Hogwarts. I'm guessing that it was Harry (that was originally going to live) and.... I'm torn on this one... probably Lupin or Hagrid.

As for the lucky character that was to die but lucked out... I think it was Draco.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 5:48 pm
First Year

Anyone with more opinions on deaths besides Harry/Ron/other main characters? If this book is trully going to be a war I imagine many more will die. Im thinking most of the death eaters, maybe a bunch of aurors, muggles maybe too?

Old March 2nd, 2007, 7:09 pm
Second Year

Most people feel Hagrid is good as gone. Maybe Remus and Tonks. I still feel pretty well about R/Hr. I'm still not sure about Harry, but I do see Ginny surviving this. (although if she is around in the final battle...well that is a little dicey).

I would think all of Draco's family will go down. Draco might even turn good. Still not sure about Snape. He is such a popular character, he might turn good and just might survive.

Finally, I would LOVE to find out what in the world happend to Ollivander (my favorite minor character).

Last edited by calgary; March 2nd, 2007 at 7:16 pm.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies